VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: HOORAY

Author:
Mr. BigStuff
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, November 21, 01:26:08pm
In reply to: #1 DUKE FAN 's message, "HOORAY" on Wednesday, November 20, 02:25:08pm

Duke Fan, They didn't make it to the #1 spot..that would be Sacred Heart. They did work for it and that's why Ill start by saying The Dukes do Deserve some credit,they were forced to replace players that have carried them over the past few years and players stepped in and certainly shined at times. It was a fine line between a very successful season and a mediocre one and I use that word because that is what it was, wasn't great wasn't awful,just okay.To many turnovers and not enough big plays.Had a chance to make the playoffs at Sacred Heart,laid an egg, literally, scored zero points..in 60 minutes. The issue that I have with this program is when they go on the road;Duquesne is 2-9 in true road games over the past two years which is downright awful and must change.It's not like were going into the Big House with 110,000 strong yelling down on us, it has to be in the preparation or travel methods.I'm glad we had a winning record this year because many thought we were incapable of that but is going 4-2 in a conference where two of the top teams leave and the team that is going to be representing the conference in the playoffs(Sacred Heart 10-2(4-2))lost on their own home field to the last place team (Wagner 2-4 (3-8))really deserving of that much credit? maybe, you tell me..a championship ring? probably not..a win against Monmouth would be a good end to the season but if things go how they have on the road that won't happen...This program could and should compete in the FCS playoffs year in and year out considering all the draws that Duquesne has to recruits as both a University and its location in a rocking city like Pittsburgh....starts with the administration..then the coaches.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: HOORAY

Author:
412 Express
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 22, 08:40:30am

Mr. Stuff: I agree (for the most part). Although, despite the 'mediocre' season, they still earned a share of the title and are deserving of some credit. These kids put forth the time and hard work every day for this team and they deserve it. This team was supposed to do much worse this year-no one gave them a chance. The fact that they finished with a piece of the title is something they can be proud of, they proved everyone wrong. Unfortunately, you're right about the laying of eggs at road games. The same thing happened a few years ago at Albany, with a team that could have/should have went to the playoffs. I'm sure it comes as no surprise but I've heard from a few sources that this will be Jerry's last year. He had a good career at Duquesne, but it is time for a change of leadership. The Dukes need more than just a front office type coach. A more personable, enthusiastic guy that makes you WANT to play for him is the change this team needs to continue to climb the FCS ladder.

The dukes are teeming with young talent. It's the perfect time to bring in another HC, and hopefully OC. If the administration can put in the time to find a good coach, the long overdue playoff trip could be a reality very soon.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: HOORAY

Author:
Real Dukes fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 23, 11:58:18pm

Are you clowns serious? This is FCS football for a small school that has a 3,000 seat stadium and virtually no marketing department to promote the product. Not to mention the academic standards and financial commitments it takes to attend Duquesne?

This was a great season considering all the games starters missed due to injury. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to win a conference championship? I highly doubt it. Maybe you should just go root for RMU?

Great season Dukes!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.