VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Congratulations Coaches and Dukes

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, November 28, 09:43:27am

I am of the opinion that the coaches did an outstanding job in achieving a tie for first place in the conference and a winning season! There were significant losses from last years team and the Dukes entered the season with question marks and a talented but unproven freshman quarterback. I liked what I saw and remain optimistic that with a little more assistance from alumni and administration that this program could really take off! Great Job Jerry and staff!P.S. Note my prediction of winning season and Pirate playoffs back in August....if I could only predict election results!:)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Congratulations Coaches and Dukes

Author:
The Face
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 29, 10:41:25am

The improvement of the defense as the season went on was welcome. Looking forward to seeing what Buechel can do with some real freedom. I think they need a new OC, but I'm good with Schmitt at this point.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, December 01, 08:12:33pm

I voted for you Jack and I agree that the Dukes did well this year. They should have beat Dayton and played ok against Youngstown State at times. They tied for the lead again and are competitive. With our freshman QB back, I think we can actually go to the playoffs next year after knocking in the door twice.

Author:
Mr Z #1 duke fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 02, 10:48:53am

Awesome season for the Dukes JUdge 7-4, good to here some positive talk about our team. As I stated back in june I felt the dukes would have a successfull season, And yes as I thought the Defense would be a DOMINANT group (16th ranked D in the entire FCS),with 8 starters coming back , and as it played out our red shirt freshman QB had a ALL NEC honors year as well as 8 other players from the dukes squad, 6 where underclassmen. ONly team with more picks was Sacred heart w/10.Dukes make couple more plays in the SCU game we would have dominated this League!! Next couple years should be exciting, GO DUKES!!!

[> [> Subject: Re: Congratulations Coaches and Dukes

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 05, 10:09:42am

Thanks Coffee and MrZ, I do think for the program to really take off there needs to be an increase in the number of scholarships and greater financial assistance from administration and alumni. I would note that I believe football alumni to be some of the most generous donors to the university and are generally excited about the program.A playoff appearance would definitely help increase overall awareness of the "diamond in the rough on the bluff" that is the football program!

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.