VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Brian Johnson

Author:
Shoey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 01:50:57am
In reply to: CoachL 's message, "Re: 2012 Prospect: Brian Johnson" on Tuesday, January 24, 12:55:42pm

recruiting- dont like seeing that we are losing recruits to the likes of Davidson and Fordham. Those schools are not even in the same ballpark with The Dukes.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: "Losing" recruits

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:18:08am

Shoey, I must respectfully disagree.

Student-athletes make their school choice based upon numerous factors, and it is most beneficial when they and their families base their decision upon what is best for them. As fans of one particular school, we are certainly not the most objective folks to determine what is the best for any individual student-athlete.

As the parent of two young men who went on to play college football and the coach of many others, I have seen outstanding choices made. I have also seen outstandingly bad choices made.

In Mr. Johnson's case, Davidson is an outstanding academic institution and I trust that he will be very happy there.

I could not begin to judge Mr. Padgett's decision to attend Fordham. Fordham is a fine Jesuit, full athletic scholarship Patriot League institution. Not only did he pass on Duquesne, but he apparently also passed on offers from places like William & Mary, Dartmouth, Columbia, Elon, and Holy Cross. Obviously, Mr. Padgett is a top-notch student-athlete and I am encouraged by the fact that the Dukes are going after such high quality individuals. That speaks volumes to me.

Fordham and Davidson obviously presented situations to these young men that they found best fulfilled their particular needs. Congratulations to them, and best of luck. I sincerely hope it works out for them.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: "Losing" recruits

Author:
shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:14:14pm

coach- agree my point was from a strictly football point of view. Davidson and Fordham are not anywhere near the same planet as duquesne. davidson 4-7 non-scholly school barely beat the worst team in country valpo. fordham on the other hand was 1-10. Strictly football wise no comparison.........except probably a stadium.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.