VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: I'd say this is a heck of a class. Good QB, some receivers, and some very sturdy linemen on both sides of the ball. We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
El Duque
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:33:29pm
In reply to: CoachL 's message, "Duquesne Announces 2012 Recruiting Class" on Wednesday, February 01, 04:33:03pm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 02, 06:59:01am

I'd say it's a long shot, but this young man would look great in a Duquesne uniform!

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2012/01/tevin_shaw_of_piscataway_left_looking_for_a_school_after_iowa_ran_out_of_scholarships.html

"Just yesterday, Duquesne, a Division 1 FCS school offered Shaw a scholarship."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 02, 07:08:10am

It looks like he's off to Kansas.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2012/02/tevin_shaw_of_piscataway_signs_to_play_for_on_national_signing_day.html

A question for you "old timers"...

Could you have even imagined a few years ago that Duquesne would even be going after a player of this caliber - to join a current team with the caliber of talent we already have on board??

GO DUKES!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 04:35:54pm

Tevin Shaw had given Kansas an oral commitment; however, he had not signed anything. I have it from good sources that he is on Duquesne's campus today (Friday) taking a tour. He will head back to NJ Saturday morning. So there still is a possibility that the Dukes may land him.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 05, 03:38:13am

I heard from reliable sources that Tevin Shaw and his mom were impressed with Duquesne's campus and the school on their recent visit, but Tevin made no commitment to the Dukes. Tevin still plans on visiting Kansas. Obviously Duquesne cannot match Kansas' facilities, but there's more to a college than just the athletic facilities alone. I guess we will find out Tevin's decision in the near future. If Tevin were to sign a NLI with the Dukes, it would elevate the recruiting class a few notches.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Shaw to Kansas

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 04:15:31am

University of Kansas sources are reporting that Mr. Shaw has signed with the Jayhawks.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 06:02:00pm

Coach L, I have always believed it was possible that the football program could return to prominence with the right committments and I believe we are getting close! Did I think just a couple of years ago that we would be recruiting these types of kids this soon... absolutely not,no way! Thanks as always for your insights and info! PS My response to your question constitutes an admission to my "old-timer" status! Jack

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.