VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 12:27:31pm

The Butler Bulldags are eyeing the A-10 for all sports but football. The Bulldags may be the last piece needed to make an A-10 Football Conference workable. I see:

Duquesne
Dayton
Fordham
Rhode Island
Butler
Albany
Maine
New Hampshire

Maine and NH may want to follow RI for the same reasons. All these teams would fit well academically and athletically.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 12:41:53pm

I forgot Richmond

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 03:45:50pm

A few quick comments...

Wow. I'm a huge Butler fan (my older son is graduating from Butler this year), but I hadn't heard about this very recent expression of interest until I read about it here. I have to start coming to this forum more often for breaking news!

While doing my follow-up research on this topic, one of the things I read on other forums was the opinion that "Butler has no intention of playing scholarship football" as one of the POSITIVES listed for the A-10 going after Butler. It seems that A-10 BBall folks look upon football as a potential "problem" for the A-10.

I must admit that I have a hard time seeing football programs such as Dayton and Butler playing in the same league as Albany and New Hampshire (for example). At this time, these programs have VERY different mindsets regarding football and scholarships.

GO DUKES!

(and GO DAWGS!) ;-)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.