VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Re: From the Duquesne Duke

Author:
OldTimer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, November 06, 03:29:51pm
In reply to: Duke Nukem 's message, "Re: From the Duquesne Duke" on Sunday, November 06, 09:47:13am

Just remember back to the 2004-2008 seasons - we had a tremendous atmosphere at games and proper tailgates organized by the folks from the Lehigh Valley. Then Amodio stepped in to stop all that so that he could have the "Official" tailgates and make money. It's never been the same since then !! More cowbell ................!!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: From the Duquesne Duke

Author:
Duke from way bak
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 09:23:51am

I can understand what Amodio was trying to do...Catholic University, limit the alcohol and try to raise more money by having fans pay Duquesne instead of the beer distributor, the State store and Giant Eagle. I would not mind paying for a few tailgaters but the problem arises when you bring or invite people outside the family or who are younger and just starting out. Then it becomes expensive because they dont want to pay, my grandkids can't pay, my friends friends who have no loyalty to Duquesne don't want to pay and you lose that continuity or communal feeling that a group tailgate brings. If you are just an older married couple who graduated from DU and just want to see a game then the DU tailgate is fine but that will not help put ()fan)nies ):):)in the seats or pump up attendance. The thing that private tailgating brings is PAGEANTRY. The signs, the different foods, the banners, the garb. It's missing here. This is NOT a criticism of Amodio. He has liability and safety concerns, City of Pgh traffic laws and he has to answer to more than just the President in a Catholic institution but until that day comes, Duq will not get the casual fan. Incidnetally , I do think that families support the team at home. It's everyone else other than family and a few die hard supporters that we need to attract. Just my two cents.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.