VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Author:
Shoey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 10:11:04am
In reply to: Shaler Tom 's message, "Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!" on Saturday, November 19, 06:43:48pm

TS- Gonna really miss that Patterson to Dixon combo what a connection they had. Congrats to the Dukes!!!!! ...........on a little downer I find it hard to believe that Connor wasnt NEC player of the week or Patterson for that matter.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Author:
Duke Nukem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 07:13:10pm

The Dukes got back into the Coach's Poll with 2 votes in the season ending poll. TSN's Poll has them quite a bit higher.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 03:32:47am

As Duke Nukem points out, the Dukes also were listed in the FCS Coaches' Poll under "Others Receiving Votes:" Link to Coaches' Poll.

The Dukes got 2 points and Albany received 6 points. What irritated me was that Nicholls State, the Dukes' long distance opponent of 2009 from the Southland Conference, received 4 points with a 1-10 record. Damn they must be the best 1-10 team in all the land! What a joke! Nicholls State was crushed in all but one of their 10 loses. Take a look at the records of some of the teams that got points in the "Others" category. The Dukes are the only team with a 9-2 record. Dayton curiously got one point for its 6-5 record. Several teams received more points that the Dukes with much lesser records. It would be interesting to find out what coaches are allowed to vote in this poll.

I think it's important for Albany to win their first FCS playoff game against Stoney Brook to help restore some of the stature that the NEC lost this season. Should Albany win this game, they will playing the #1-seeded team, Sam Houston State, who is also from the Southland Conference, in the next round. Sam Houston State will likely end Albany's play-off run; but Albany's getting that first win for the NEC would be a great boost to the image of the conference.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Author:
Duke from way back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 07:53:26pm

Shoey...I noticed that too. The CCS player who won the award played well. I don't want to diminish his accomplishmetns but SP and CD had monster days which far exceeded his day. I noticed that CCS had not had an offensive player picked all year probably because of their poor year. Playin' a little politics here. I have noticed that the conference is very NY/Conn biased. When the All Confernce selections come out I think we will be very surprised and disappointed. We can't let that get in the way of acknowledging and appreciating a tremendous team effort.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.