VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: 2011 Dukes Rated #17 Duquesne All Time Team

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 05:42:41pm

I know that the Blog Poll overwhelmingly (73%) selected the 2011 edition of the Dukes to be ranked in the top 5 of all time Duquesne Teams going back to the first in 1882. However, out of respect for historical teams which included undefeated and nationally ranked Division I teams, I canít realistically agree. Had they been able to hold on at Bucknell, this yearís team may have moved into the Top 15 with similar 1 loss teams and conference champions perhaps but the Top 10 Duquesne teams were all nationally ranked at their level of play. Itís always difficult to compare teams from different eras and levels of competition, but relative to expectations, Iíd place this as Jerry Schmidtís best place at #17.

See Full Ranking at the Blog at http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.