VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: Re: We are #1 no question

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 03:06:26pm
In reply to: Shoey 's message, "Re: We are #1 no question" on Friday, August 19, 10:30:49am

Sad but so very true! Unfortunately, we've had this discussion for years and the solution still remains the same. The Stadium!

It's a vicious circle that we are on. Small Stadiums = Small Crowds, Small Crowds = Low Revenue, Low Revenue = Lack of support from the administration, Lack of support = No marketing, no band and no stadium improvements.

Until they realize that the stadium is an embarassment to a D-1 program, I'm afraid we'll be on that circle forever.
I did a little research and found that last year, we averaged 1667 fans. How pitiful is that! God only knows how many of that number paid. Cal of PA had games with crowds of 4000 and 5000. IUP had games over 4000. Even W&J had a game with over 3200 fans.

It's really a simple case of mathematics....until we can seat at least 4000 people, we're destined to be an after-thought with Dougherty and Amodio.

What really is a shame is that the boys are going to compete for the NEC crown this year and no one is even going to know it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Dorian Bell

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 05:15:17pm

Well Ohio State boards are saying Dorian Bell transferring to Duquesne! Our defense just got a tad better!!!!!!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
CLK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 05:40:57pm

There are several twitter posts including one by former Buckeye LB Dorian that he's transferring to Duquesne.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 06:07:33pm

You can find it everywhere now except for Duquesne site..........but there is info on a 7 1 center transferring for basketball.........our D is gonna be nasty!!!!!!!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 19, 06:32:24pm

A huge get. I remember seeing him when he was at Gateway and was a man against boys. I think he was a 5 star recruit and was ranked the 4th best HS linebacker in 09.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 11:36:47am

Linebacker Dorian Bell has officially transferred to Duquesne from Ohio State. He is enrolled and has joined the team.

Mr. Bell was a 5-Star recruit out of Gateway High School in Monroeville, Pennsylvania in 2009. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

From his Twitter account (@DBell11):
Duquesne.. Is my home now.. Fully enrolled..
http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=2628663

He had been suspended from the Ohio State team for the 2011 season for a third "unspecified violation of team rules" back in May.

I trust that the Duquesne coaching staff has thoroughly investigated the circumstances of Mr. Bell's troubles at Ohio State and are satisfied that he is not bringing unwelcome baggage to "The Bluff".

From a post on Any Given Saturday...

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 12:01:37pm

Heck with Penn State... With Dozie and Bell added to an already great corps of linebackers the Dukes are now officially the new "LINEBACKER U!!!"

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
TMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 02:55:43pm

Coffee,
Why does Bell only have 2 years of eligibility left? I was under the impression that he redshirted the 2009 season, played for OSU last year and does not have to sit out due to transfering to a lower level. Shouldn't that give him 3 years of eligibility left?
Thank you for all your hard work here.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 08:19:13pm

TMH,

You are absolutely correct. Mr. Bell has three (3) years of eligibility left. Coffee was guilty of quoting a poster from the Any Given Saturday forum (who shall remain nameless) who was so taken aback by the news of Mr. Bell's transfer that he forgot the Basic Math that Sister Mary Elisabeth taught him in the first grade at St. Raymond's Elementary.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Dorian Bell

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 10:34:20pm

I got the info from "Any Given Saturday".

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We are #1 no question

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 11:30:05am

To look at the bright side, it is a real wonder that JS and co. have been putting together a good product given the problem with no seating, no band and no coverage.

Imagine what they could do with even a 4500 seat field and the same band they had. What really pi$$e$ me off is that we just gave away thousands of dollars worth of instruments and uniforms when we have a music school full of kids who would fundraise and play- That's what band kids DO!

And how much more expense would it have been to put in just a few ore rows enough to put some sound onto the field?

Well, I really tried to be positive... They have nice locker rooms and offices... but most fans will never SEE THEM!!!

OK, one more time... We can actually use a restroom at the field and have new field turf real concession stand... BUT USED THE WRONG LOGO ON THE FIELD and should have expanded the press box or box seats at the 50 YARD LINE and sold hot dogs on the other side!!!!!!

Sorry guys... remain POSITIVE!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We are #1 no question

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 02:16:21pm

You're right Coffee...It's hard to stay positive but if we don't....who will?

The sad truth is that the solution is so simple. Obviously they do not want to disturb Academic Walk. Thats fine...neither would I. The answer is to take the stands up and OVER Bluff St. Create a tunnel that would allow traffic to continue on through with the stands above the tunnel. I mean we're only talking about another 20 rows. That would immediately increase our capacity to about 4000. Not great, but a start.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.