VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: BUCKNELL PRE-GAME FROM THE BLOG (See Link above)

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, September 03, 12:32:39pm

Last year the Dukes won a close 17-13 game at home vs their traditional opening foe Bucknell. The Bison should be a bigger and more experienced challenge on the road. Going into last year, Bucknell was led by new coach Joe Susan, a true freshman QB, and were running new offensive and defensive schemes.

ON BUCKNELL: Bucknell was picked to finish 5th in the Patriot conference this year and should be improved over last yearís squad, particularly on offense. The Bison changed out their option attack to a pro style offense so they should have it down better particularly since it was being run by a true freshman QB Brandon Wesley.

The Bison should be more experienced on defense as well with their 4-2-5 base alignment. The Defensive line includes Josh Eden, a two-time All-Patriot first-team selection and an FCS single-season record setter with eight blocked kicks last year and DT Robert De La Rosa, who has 18.5 tackles for loss over the last two seasons. This may force the Dukes to speed up their punting and kicking on special teams now likely to be both handled by Charlie Leventry.

The Patriot has 7 teams but Fordham is ineligible to compete for the league title since they have determined to award scholarships. The Patriot voted to table the issue of scholarships during the past year.

Good news on Eligibility- WR Conner Dixon was declared to have one more year of eligibility by the NCAA and will join the team in Lewisburg but has not been practicing. No news yet on Dorian Bellís ability to play although I believe he has been allowed to practice.

The game is broadcast on WMNY 1360 AM and on Redzone Media

From the new office: Paste this link into browser to view Coach Schmitt on Bucknell from the Duquesne Athletic Dept. Site: http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090211aab.html

PREDICTION/ODDS: Duquesne 24-17. The Dukes are favored by 2 by Sagarin and also favored in the opening RPI.

Last edited by author: Saturday, September 03, 12:41:44pm   Edited 3 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: BUCKNELL PRE-GAME FROM THE BLOG (See Link above)

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 03, 02:48:19pm

I have a good feeling about this team. The pieces are falling into place.

Highlights- O-Line. Never thought of it until I read this article from The Duke- http://www.theduquesneduke.com/ .

Linebacker- With Dozie and Bell (If cleared) added to an already talented group we will be very strong.

Backfield- A holdover plus from last year with McCoy and Paterson. I'd like more depth at QB. We've only have 3 listed.

WR/TE- Just made into a real plus with Dixon back. Moore is ready. Staff feels good enough to keep Layhe at OL.

DB- Made stronger with some moves from LB.

DL- Passodelis is the anchor with some added weight. We'll see who steps up to fill the other holes.

Coaching- Improving. Much more experience as OC. Schmitt seems to be growing comfortable.

Kicking- It hurts to lose a record setting PK...

We should be there in November!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: BUCKNELL PRE-GAME FROM THE BLOG (See Link above)

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 03, 03:06:23pm

Good preview on the Dukes-Bison's game. I know this is the Dukes' opener, and they are playing where they have never won before. However, I think this is the year that the higher caliber of players that Jerry Schmitt and his assistants were able to recruit with athletic scholarships for the past 4 years will noticeably elevate the Dukes performance from their non-athletic scholarship opponents. I think the Dukes have improved more that Bucknell has since their last meeting. I predict the Dukes 28, the Bison 14.

In the NEC, Robert Morris just lost to Dayton, 19-13.

[> [> Subject: Re: BUCKNELL PRE-GAME FROM THE BLOG (See Link above)

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 03, 03:15:27pm

Great article on Bucknell's DE Eden from The Sports Network- http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

[> [> [> Subject: Re: BUCKNELL PRE-GAME FROM THE BLOG (See Link above)

Author:
BGR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 04, 08:13:52am

Dirty, dirty player.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.