VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: Some things I heard at Dukes' game with Valpo on Saturday afternoon

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, September 19, 11:21:16pm

Here some bits of news about the football team that I picked up recently:

1. Although Duquesne has not made an official announcement yet, the NCAA has ruled that Dorian Bell will be eligible to play for the Dukes after the St. Francis game.

2. Several weeks ago I posted that the Dukes will probably be playing Youngstown State in 2012, in addition to Dayton (H), and Valparaiso (A). Well, the Dukes signed a contract to play Old Dominion (A) of the Colonial Athletic Association next season and will not be playing Youngstown State. So the non-conference schedule for 2012 will consist of OD, Dayton, and Valpo. Note that OD has averaged 19,800 for its first two home games this season. Click here for photos of OD's football stadium which opened in 2009.

3. Duquesne will play Bucknell in 2014 and 2015.

4. Duquesne is close to a deal with Youngstown State.

5. Discussions are going on with Colgate for a home and home series.

6. Look for Maine to apply for football membership in the NEC.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Some things I heard at Dukes' game with Valpo on Saturday afternoon

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 03:23:01am

Thanks, Always-Full-of-Good-Information!!

GO DUKES!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: Re: Some things I heard at Dukes' game with Valpo on Saturday afternoon

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 09:59:33pm

AAD- You must have worked for the CIA... This is some good intel!

[> [> Subject: Re: Some things I heard at Dukes' game with Valpo on Saturday afternoon

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 08:26:39pm

HAHA! Always A Duke does (or at least used to have) connections with the feds :)!! Also, look for Akron ZIPS off in the not so distant horizon if some of these other games prove warranted!Many of us will be returning for homecoming and wearing our throwback jerseys! Look for an exciting day and a Dukes win! Beat the Frankies first!

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.