VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Re: Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)

Author:
Marquis
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, November 27, 09:48:59am
In reply to: Duke from way back 's message, "Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)" on Friday, November 26, 06:15:30pm

Great summary of the outstanding players for this year- some officially recognized and some not. Not to take away from Williams but I thought that Dixon was our #1 receiver this year. He was our best weapon at Delaware and he seemed to draw more double coverage and could have had even better stats.

Your best point is just how great an improvement the Dukes had this year. There was a ton of momentum going into the Homecoming Game but after that disaster it seemed to take the wind out of the sails. The same thing happened at Robert Morris. Some wins hurt more than others.

The Bryant win was a good one since they haven't been beat at home for more than a year.

Shaler Tom will be back- he's a real fan. Some may be away for the holiday.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)

Author:
Duke from way back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 27, 11:06:48am

I guess they both bring different things to the table. Williams was more explosive and fast than I had imaginged. Real game breaker. Dixon has glue for hands and boy can he jump but he did not run like I thought although most of the catches I saw were sideline routes. As a mobile QB, I thought he would have used his supposedly break away speed more. Great possession receiver though and if he had more time as a receiver maybe we would have seen some of the other things. Anyway, it is a good story.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.