VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Re: Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, November 27, 05:58:28pm
In reply to: Duke from way back 's message, "Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)" on Friday, November 26, 06:15:30pm

Sorry about the "eerily silence". I promise not to stay away as long in the future. I also would like to thank Coffee for an outstanding year at the helm of this fine board.

I thought that the year was a great success for the Dukes. The NEC proved that it is becoming a strong conference and to finish third behind RMU who deserves the title and CCSU was awesome. I still think we got jobbed on that 2 point conversion at CCSU but...so it goes.

As far as the end of the year All Conference teams go, I couldn't agree more with Marquis and Moe. Bangura, playing the middle on an undersized D Line was terrific. He rarely took a play off and took a beating from a physical standpoint the entire year. Every time I talked to that kid after the games, he was iced up, taped up and limping. A true all star, Thai will be hard to replace.

David Williams will surely be missed as well. First in just about every receiving catagory, this was a no brainer. The kid was a threat to go all the way on every play.

Ron Dunn most surely deserved first team status. He was a mountain of a man and was rarely beaten. The voters went with an all senior OL which I suppose is understandable, but Dunn played as well as all of them and better than both of Wagner's first teamers, Feriozzi and Hernandez, at least in the game between the two.

The pick that to me was the most ridiculous was Dixon. Obviously the voters only looked at the statistics which I guess is understandable. Nonetheless, Dixon was probably hurt in the long run by his great performance against Delaware, (my pick to win the title). He was the ONLY receiver to gain 100 yrds against the Hens all year. Opposing coaches saw the film and he was double covered the rest of the year.

Totino was another glaring oversight. This kid was the iron man of the team. Nathan played hurt the entire year with a broken hand, dislocated thumb, strained knee, ankles, and numerous contusions. An awesome role model for the younger kids.

All in all the year was a good one. 7-4, 5-1 at home and a terrific non-conferece showing. Its now up to the AD and administration to take the next step. A full complement of scholsrships, a full time recruitong coordinator, stadium improvements and marketing are what we need to compete on a yearly basis.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Triumph and Tragedy (and of course a little politics)

Author:
Duke from way back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 27, 06:36:59pm

He's back and better than ever..always enjoy your take, TS

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.