VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: RPI Question

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, November 28, 09:24:45am

Every once in a while the RPI Index puts out a ranking that seems absurd. This morning, this is what I read at about 9:15. The only change to the Northeast was RoMoCo's blow-out loss in the playoffs yet the conference jumped dramatically. The CAA went from the top to the middle. I guess I tuned in as the numbers were being re-run or something.

13 fcs Ivy League 8
14 fcs Southern 9
15 fcs Missouri Valley 9
16 fcs Northeast 8
17 fcs Southwestern Athletic 10
18 fcs Southland 8
19 fcs Big Sky 9
20 fcs Ohio Valley 9
21 fcs Patriot League 7
22 fcs Colonial 12
23 fcs Great West 5
24 fcs Pioneer League 10
25 fcs Mid-Eastern Athletic 10
26 fcs Big South 6 25-37 (40%) 15-27 (36%)
27 fcs Independents (I-AA)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: RPI Question

Author:
Duke from way back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 28, 09:54:33am

Something is wrong there. I wonder if the computer counted Hofstra and Northeastern as having lost every game because with Villanova, Delaware, Wm and Mary and James Madison in that conference, they should not be behind the NEC or any of the AA conferences. Robert Morris actually played Montana tough. It was 20-17 late in the 4th. That may be a factor but I doubt it. Must be a mistake.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: RPI Question

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 28, 01:52:43pm

RPI must be having computer problems. Duquesne basketball went from around 100 to over 200 without playing a game.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.