VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Re: This is embarrassing!

Author:
Duke from way back
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 09:34:53am
In reply to: Curious 's message, "This is embarrassing!" on Monday, December 13, 02:26:28pm

I'm not new here and you will ask that question over and over again until you just resign to the facts in disgust. The opinion of people like you and me means nothing to the people who make the decisions. When alumni with money make huge donations and make football and those issues important then they will become important. I know siblings of players who live in the dorms who didn't even bother and the sad thing about it is, contrary to some who believe otherwise, there is a market here for good 1-AA football and a lot of local pride in Duquesne.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: This is embarrassing!

Author:
A83
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 01:13:46pm

Curious,

I can only repeat what I told you in our phone conversation and echo the thoughts of the posters here. I have tried contacting people to suggest workable improvements, I have tried volunteering to make improve things (fundraising for when the marching band was cut), I have tried screaming and yelling from the roof tops. Nothing works.

They do what they want to do and when they want to do it, with very little tolerance for input from fans.

This is the classic case of an extremely disfunctional organization. For every suggestion you make --- they are prepared with an excuse for why it can not be done; rather than looking for ways to get it done.

And it transcends football....look at the basketball boards and the nearly three years of begging, fighting complaining, and suggesting that has been done to get simple audio on an internet broadcast. Year after year, suggestion after suggestion, fight after fight....nothing is done. But they are prepared with 100s of reasons why it can't be done.

All this has done has made me angry, and now I am constant fodder for trolls who like to take digs at me.

I don't know how other alumni/fan groups feel about their administations except for one - RMU. I have friends that are RMU supporters and there is no harsh feelings between the alumni/supporter and the athletic administration.

And the people you see posting these thoughts are the fans of these programs, the people that pay money to support try and support DU.

Really, the only thing to do is live with it and don't let it drive you crazy.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: Re: This is embarrassing!

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 08:50:54pm

Don't give up the ship man. Its good to see at least some others out there with passion for the program. The sorry thing is that the administration is in a state where they don't believe enough in the program to imagine something bigger.

You wouldn't believe the lack of vision even in trying to get a trophy for the Duquesne Robert Morris game. I'd like to meet some day for lunch with with Judge Jack and a few of you folks to just do this ourselves. We raise a few bucks for the department's scholarship fund and award the trophy next year. The Big 10 to our "Legends" Name!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.