VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Re: 2011

Author:
Curious
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 12:56:06pm
In reply to: Shoey 's message, "2011" on Tuesday, December 14, 11:07:08pm

The coaching staff is not going to get complacent with the OLine. While the OLine looks great for next year, the coaches know that the pipeline needs to stay filled for the future. And as Duquesne fans know, we are always just a few injuries away from a wet-behind-the-ears freshman starting at any position on the field.

I believe that the punters that we have on the roster need to be the guys to step up. We can't keep bringing in freshmen and hope that they will be the savior. These guys that we have now were all accomplished punters in high school. Off-season work on strength and technique should yield results on the field next season.

Field position is an issue that I'm sure the coaching staff is looking at seriously. While still lacking, the Dukes' punting game did improve this year (slightly), but our kickoffs left a great deal to be desired, as well. Simply making our opponents have to fight for an additional 10 yards on each change of possession can easily result in an additional victory each season.

I'm interested in other views, but my initial impressions for 2011 are:

Strengths:

Offensive Line
Starting Quarterback
Running Backs
While weakened by graduation, the Receivers coming back look good
Even without Totino, the Linebackers look deep
Kickoff Returns (GO HO!)
Second year of the new coaching staff
Increasing scholarships

Question Marks:

Defensive Line size and depth
Kickoffs
Punting game
Backup Quarterback(s)
Defensive Backfield lost a lot to graduation

I certainly don't think that it is a stretch to say that I believe that the Dukes will be serious contenders for the NEC title in 2011.

GO DUKES!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: 2011

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 08:04:32pm

Duquesne has a commit from South Park. Dante Dabaldo 6'5, 260 lbs, played as a tight end in HS but probably will move to tackle before its all said and done. Plays the 4 in basketball and is said to have quick feet. I got a chance to meet him at the St. Francis game. BIG frame.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.