VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
Subject: Duquesne's Recruiting Mania

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 01:50:16pm

Apologies to Curious who already listed new signee Paul Mania in his posts (He's become this board's recruit central). I just couldn't resist putting his name in a post title. Mania seems to represent a new class of recruit that the staff is landing. He's an All-State linebacker who probably would never have come to Duquesne without the move to the NEC and scholarship status. Here is a nice article on the kid- http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2011/01/hunterdon_centrals_mania_gives_duquesne_verbal.html .

I've heard that the staff is really excited about the new class coming in.

Its time to schedule a team like Akron. We were actually ranked ahead of this fairly local BCS team in the RPI last year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Duquesne's Recruiting Mania

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 02:28:15pm

A player with a name like Mr. Mania is manna from heaven for sports writers and bloggers! LOL!!!

To give credit where it is due, El Duque beat me to the punch with his mention of Mr. Mania.

I realize how important recruiting is to a program. That probably is the reason why I tend to follow it rather closely. It's a bit tougher process with the smaller schools. Information is not always so readily available.

I love the enthusiasm of the Akron wish! Unless and until Duquesne offers enough scholarship equivalencies to be a "counter" for Bowl consideration by FBS teams (even those like Akron who are FAR from any Bowl consideration), we'll have to set our sights on the Delawares, Youngstown States, and maybe James Madisons of the FCS world.

GO DUKES!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Duquesne's Recruiting Mania

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 04:02:06pm

I always thought that Youngstown State would be a great program to schedule. Its usually a quality program and its would be a good home and home travel series for the fans. The only games I've ever been able to travel to are to Loretto and Moon Township.

Click below to see details of YSU's Stambaugh Stadium. I'd love to take the trip to see the Dukes play there even if we get an away/home/away series.

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/stambaugh_stadium

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Duquesne's Recruiting Mania

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 04:10:33pm

Thanks for the link- YSU's Stambaugh is a beautiful stadium just an hour's drive away. I'd really much rather play there than RPI's last place Valpo.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Duquesne's Recruiting Mania

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 21, 04:19:36pm

I just looked at YSU's schedule for next year and they play both Valpo and St. Francis.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.