|Subject: My brief rundown of the MISS TEEN USA pageant tonight! Congrats to Texas! She will be a wonderful titleholder this year, and was very deserving of her victory!|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 21:21:44 07/30/16 Sat
MISS TEEN USA (TEXAS) - I really liked Texas throughout this process. She was very solid in both fitness and gown. And I have to admit, I didnt expect her to have such a vibrant personality when she spoke. She is a fantastic pick for this title, very deserving. On a sidenote, I think we (as pageant experts) kind of didnt see her coming and I'm not sure why.
1RU - NORTH CAROLINA - She was always in my Top 15, but I did not give her credit, until yesterday in prelims. I really love this girl, and I probably would have crowned her tonight after finals. When she went last in evening gown, I had her winning. Her simplicity was refreshing, and she really embodies that Teen image we always speak of.
2 RU - SOUTH CAROLINA - I had South Carolina winning after prelims, but she kind of dropped the ball in onstage question. Her speaking skills were not really as polished as the others in Top 5, which was a bit of a bummer. Nice finish for her, considering. And I still love her evening gown.
3RU - ALABAMA - A bit too pageant paddy, and it could have hurt her a little. Sounded a little too rehearsed. I think she will transition nicely to MISS one day. Was one of my favorites in fitness!
4RU - NEVADA - Beautiful! And seemed much more ready for finals than she did in prelims. I think she could have won, but seemed really nervous in onstage speaking. Didnt answer the question, which may have put off the judges. Probably my highest score in the fitness portion. But I'm thrilled NEVADA teen finally made the cut! It was long overdue... Great finish!
TOP 15 - LOUISIANA - I thought she had a solid shot at making the Top 5. Oozed personality in both fitness and gown. I love this girl. I cant wait for her to compete for Miss Louisiana USA! And red looked perfect on her.
TOP 15 - MISSOURI - Great showing for Missou. I kind of had her and North Carolina lumped together in my opinions, and I think North Carolina kind of edged her out. But she, like most others, looked great in both categories tonight. The gown was perfect on her.
TOP 15 - DELAWARE - She is sooooo pretty. I was disappointed with two things tonight. The casual ponytail underwhelmed me. And she needed more makeup! Looked washed out. With that gown, and that neckline, I just wanted more of an editorial vibe from her. She will definitely make the cut at Miss USA one day. I agree with others, "the face of the pageant"
TOP 15 - CALIFORNIA - After prelims I had her top 5. Tonight my opinion shifted a little bit. I didnt feel the same energy from her. But I'm thrilled she made the cut. Remember when everyone used to wear white? Not anymore. But she looked fantastic in white tonight.
TOP 15 - VERMONT - A great face! (for MISS). Expect her to grace the national stage again in a few years.
TOP 15 - GEORGIA - Loved her in fitness, not so much in gown. I like simplicity, but this just didnt really work for me. Too simple. I think she could have been more competitive with better styling.
TOP 15 - TENNESSEE - For some reason I liked the gown better tonight than I did in prelims. But I still harken back to when she won the Tennessee title. I loved her in yellow that night. While I didnt have her in my personal top 15, she won me over. I think she was deserving, and its unfortunate that the naysayers will attack her because of her reality tv background.
TOP 15 - OHIO - With a little more personality on stage, she could have possibly done more. It was obvious in the behind the scenes interviews this girl is quite intelligent. She was a refreshing addition to the Top 15, and we could possibly see her back in Miss one day.
TOP 15 - SOUTH DAKOTA - Good for her. She looked genuinely surprised to have made the cut. Truthfully, I was kind of surprised too. But I think she held her own in finals.
TOP 15 - ILLINOIS - We will definitely see this girl in MISS one day. But I admit I was kind of wanting more from her tonight. Beautiful face, pretty dress, very fit... The styling was off. Her hair needed some attention.
- CONGRATS to RPM! Three out of four in the Top 5 (maybe should have been 4/4) :)
- After pondering over the new fitness competition and elimination of swimsuit, I admit it was better than I initially suspected it would be. I wasnt really a fan of their outfits. And I do think that the style of the outfit should be the same for all (maybe just switch up the colors)... Some girls showed leg while others did not, which is hard to compare. Really all the judges could go on were abs and who had the best 15 second bouncy routine.
- Katherine Haik - I don't know if we will ever have another Teen quite as beautiful as she. Stunning.
- I'd like to talk about Deshauna... WOW! I always liked her, but she really won me over tonight. So poised, so beautiful. She is kind of like Erin Brady to me. Wasnt my pick to win, but will win me over during the course of her reign!
- As with every pageant, there are always those contestants we want the judges to go back and look at again to make the cut. I liked our Top 15, but... IOWA, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI (the dress killed her chances), NEW HAMPSHIRE (cant wait to see her in Miss one day), NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OKLAHOMA, UTAHHHHHHH! I loved UTAH!! And VIRGINIA.
- And finally... If I have to pick a Ruthie Winner, I pick the Ruthie based on a contestant who is solid, and received lots of attention leading up to the pageant. And her exclusion is a surprise to many. I hate when people pick the Ruthie as a kind of "I told you so! I told you she was no good." I don't think that's what its meant to be. So based on this, the contestants I feel were hyped, and competed very strong, but did not make the cut... Close call, but I'll go with NEW JERSEY and OKLAHOMA.
Last edited by author: Sat July 30, 2016 22:11:43
Edited 2 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I'm going to toot my own horn and mention that I was the only one who picked Karlie for Texas on the Road to Contest and also picked her for Pageant Predictions! Congratulations Texas...3rd Miss Teen USA crown...1996, 2011 and 2016! 20 years after Christie Lee Woods!! (NT) -- Val Ewing, 21:33:42 07/30/16 Sat
- Any directors take the 0-fer in Teen this year like D&D did in Miss? By my math, D&D is 1 for 10 in placements (combining Miss & Teen). (NT) -- Anon, 21:34:53 07/30/16 Sat
- While I certainly appreciate the praise for current Miss USA it is a stretch of the imagination for you to say you "always liked her." Maybe your always means post-win because I CLEARLY recall you putting her down as not competitive every time her name was brought up on this board pre-pageant. I'm good with your praise now but let's not make stuff up. (NT) -- ---, 21:37:26 07/30/16 Sat
- She was my winner! Perfect performance both nights ! #teamtexas (NT) -- Sparkle, 21:46:53 07/30/16 Sat
- "We" as pageant experts? Now you're an expert? lol (NT) -- pipe down please, 22:01:43 07/30/16 Sat
- I think as a collective group of individuals who read this site, follow these titleholders religiously, and educate ourselves thoroughly on the selection process, YES! I do think we are pageant experts. I'm sorry if you dont feel as though you, personally, dont fit that criteria, but I've come to know many pageant experts on this site. In terms of my own pageant expertise, I have no problem saying I think I have a very valid opinion in the world of pageantry, and that could be why I've judged several USA system state pageants over the years. And I'm very thankful these directors trust me to select their titleholders! Furthermore, "we, as pageant experts" often do a better job picking the actual winner in the USB mock pageant than the actual judges do (in my most humble opinion). (NT) -- ICEMAN, 22:06:22 07/30/16 Sat