|Subject: I am so pleased that I was ble to travel to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to attend the Miss Florida USA pageant. I went to both nights of competition, and obviously have formulated my own opinions. I will write them (below), and post a few pics with friends from the weekend.|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 10:31:35 07/15/14 Tue
LEFT - After prelims, with Shandi and Susie.
RIGHT - Right before finals started, sitting with LOUISIANA USA 2nd runner-up and swimsuit winner, Madeline Langlinais
My entourage for the evening. Joy Blanchard (former Louisiana Junior Miss winner), me, Madeline Langlinais, Elizabeth Langlinais
- ASHLEIGH LOLLIE - MISS FLORIDA USA - I think Ashleigh is receiving some pretty unfair attention on this site. I didn't have her picked to win, but I knew she would be in the top 5, and her face is undeniable. The photos I've seen since her crowning in no way do her justice. The girl is stunningly beautiful, and gives off a Marissa Powell vibe. Having said that, I was actually hoping she would get a runner-up nod and come back next year to win. I don't think she was ready. Aside from her beautiful face, I thought she had lots of issues with presentation and styling. Her walking, modeling, posing, etc... left a lot to be desired. Her hair was a total mess, and I found her gown, although sexy in her "lollie" area, was just average. But even with all of these issues, she still found a way to connect with the judges and take the title. I personally had Ashleigh ranked 2nd runner up. But I think everything is a pretty easy fix, and I definitely think we'll see this beauty in the top 10 at Miss USA.
- KAILYN PEREZ - 1st runner-up - Kailyn was my obvious pick to win it all. I found her to be the most complete, in terms of the pageant selection process. She was tall, beautiful, fit, and clearly had the most poise and speaking ability in the on-stage question. I actually found her to be top 5 ready for Miss USA. My few issues with her were her presentation (she looked a little nervous, mainly in prelims), and her gown (I think she could have done better). But these were both minor. Kailyn not winning the title was a HUGE upset, she was a mile in front in my opinion. She should be the big favorite going into next year.
JESSICA VOIGHT - 2nd runner-up - Solid. There was very little room to take points off of this girl. I picked her to win the swimsuit award. She looked great. And I loved her Fernando Wong gown. She was very consistent, and totally deserving of this top 5 placement. I had her 1st runner up behind Kailyn Perez.
LACEY MORGAN - 3rd runner-up - Lacey was the only girl I didn't see making the top 5. I understood how she made the top 16 cut, but I thought 5 was a pretty big stretch. She didn't do anything wrong, I just thought there were others who competed much stronger than she did. But a very good result for her.
HEATHER MARTIN - 4th runner-up - Heather should be watched very closely in the future. She could definitely win this title one day. Looked great in swimsuit, and that evening gown was SEXYYYYY! I had her 3rd runner-up, and the evening gown award winner.
- Brittany Lugo was robbed of a top 5 spot! That girl is gorgeous, and could win this title moving forward. I thought she was rock solid in swimsuit, beautiful in gown (although she could do better), but left me a little disappointed in question. A one sentence answer that had no substance or thought behind it. Still should have advanced.
- Linette DeLosSantos - Beautiful gown, competed better than I expected. Didn't like her all that much after onstage question. But I now understand how she was top 5 last year.
- Brie Gabrielle - I've never understood all of the hype surrounding Brie. But now I do. After prelims I had her in the top 5. Then she spoke in onstage question. It was a little painful. Despite the obvious issues she has in this category, I still had her advancing to top 5, based mainly on swimsuit. But I wasn't shocked that she was excluded. Her gown was pretty bad too. Sorry, it just looked a little predictable, and I have an aversion to blondes in yellow.
- Caitlin Harrison should have definitely been included in the top 15. She was the only exclusion from top 15 that I didn't understand.
- BRITTANY OLDEHOFF - Cant she just do it two years in a row! I wasn't ready to watch her give up her title. She was one of my very favorite titleholders of the year. She looked sensational all weekend in Florida. Apparently she lightened her hair, and it really looked great. I told her this, and I think I would have liked it better at Miss USA lighter like it was this past weekend. Brittany will be successful down the stretch. I think this title was a stepping stone for her. In fact, the next day (Sunday) she flew to Argentina to model in an Avon campaign. Beautiful on the inside and out, sad to see her go....
- Shandi and Susie were EXCELLENT hosts for the two night event. They have such great personalities, and were a pleasure to meet.
- I left Florida wondering why, out of 70 contestants, I only truly liked 4 evening gowns. Overall, Florida seems behind the times in regards to gown selection. Not a lot of trend setting going on. Very predictable, and mostly very boring evening gowns.
- My final comment... An interesting point of reference... Florida actually crowned what it seems as though Miss USA has been going for the last few years. Following Olivia Culpo, Erin Brady, and now Nia Sanchez, I think Ashleigh Lollie falls right in line with this equation. The pretty face, nice body. Might not have the best stage presentation, but connects with the audience and judges really well. So in reality, if the trend at Miss USA continues next year, Ashleigh Lollie is very much so what they are looking for. But if anyone reads my comments regularly, you know I love the glamazons. I cant wait for them to reclaim the Miss USA title. I thought Kailyn Perez could have started this trend on the state level as the first crowned state titleholder of the year...
Last edited by author: Tue July 15, 2014 11:06:01
Edited 4 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- And if you missed it... My side awards were PHOTOGENIC- Ashleigh Lollie; SWIMSUIT - Jessica Voight; EVENING GOWN - TIE - Heather Martin and Linnette DeLosSantos (NT) -- ICEMAN, 11:09:51 07/15/14 Tue
- What did you think of Rachel Stacy? From the pics I saw, I was SHOCKED to see her left out. (NT) -- FutureMiss, 12:33:54 07/15/14 Tue
- Thanks for this, its always interesting to read opinions of people who were there. Hoping Kailyn comes back next year! (NT) -- Athalia, 12:47:11 07/15/14 Tue
- ICEMAN were there any girls from prelim night that you thought should have made the top 16 on finals night (NT) -- ?, 13:52:38 07/15/14 Tue
- LOL at "lollie" area. I love you iceman. (NT) -- jmo, 15:27:26 07/15/14 Tue
- Are lollies the new lavianos???? Love you ICEMAN! (NT) -- BreeZe, 16:28:57 07/15/14 Tue
- Madeline Lagelinais looks HOT, she should be the next Miss LA USA. I am surprised you are not surprised at that top 5, I think all the girls in there have LOVELY PERSONALITIES but I believe it could have been much stronger. As far as Lollie goes, I think top 15/20 is likely but a shutout is also possible. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 17:39:21 07/15/14 Tue
- Great summary. I appreciate your positive mention of Kailyn Perez. I had her for the win and believe she has the complete package for MUSA and beyond (NT) -- Catherine Cates - NYC, 19:59:29 07/15/14 Tue
- Great photo of Madeline Langlinais. I'm rooting for her to take the Lousiana USA crown this year. If she does, she'll certainly be a contender at Miss USA. (NT) -- Duration-and-Convexity, 13:15:26 07/16/14 Wed
- (NT) -- ICEMAN, 13:31:19 07/16/14 Wed
- I agree Duration... She's certainly taking this year to do everything right in her preparations for Miss Louisiana USA, and is looking stronger and stronger. But Louisiana will be tough. Madeline Langlinais, along with strong vets like Devin Boyd, Christina Famularo, Lauren Whittle, Hilary Tuttle, Ashley Morreale, Whitney Moss, and Sheree Carroll.... Then there are several newbies who are going to be very competitive, like Ashley Giambelluca, Kimberly Newville, Courtney LeBlanc, Abby Guidry, Tanya Crowe and many others... Will be a very good show this year! (NT) -- ICEMAN, 13:38:06 07/16/14 Wed
- Great review! Does your tie really light up? ♥ it. (NT) -- eloise, 14:43:32 07/16/14 Wed
- I still remember when Iceman hit the scene as Russia! You have just taken us by storm, Iceman! (NT) -- Bostonian, 17:58:16 07/16/14 Wed