VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2018 State Titles

Jan 26-28, 2018
Miss/Teen Kentucky USA
Miss/Teen New Mexico USA

Subject: Miss El Salvador contestants head dress catches fire!

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:31 01/19/18 Fri

https://youtu.be/ch8R0DGo4xY

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: Catriona Gray's FIERCE transformation.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:44:23 01/19/18 Fri

Are we seeing THE MISS UNIVERSE 2018?
It would not surprise me one bit. She ticks all the right boxes. Biracial Anglophone from the PH. Great interview skills, philanthropy... helping underprivileged children, and let's face it, Paula and the IMG will be yet again desperate for venue... I have a feeling, we are heading back to PH for MU this year, and it's cool like that. What is interesting is that both Catriona and Genesis Davila are devoted philanthropists, imagine the PHILANTHROPIC showdown Philippines versus USA at Miss Universe!

Replies:
Subject: meanwhile in Connecticut .... more shenanigans

Author:
stamford mess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:17 01/10/18 Wed

this weekend's results are being questioned by many after the titleholder Miss Jamie Hughes thanked publically on her IG account her coaching team of Pageant Ready for helping her prepare for the pageant and one of the coaches from that company Miss Brooke Eneas was one of her judges (confirmed by contestants). oops. not sure if Jamie will be allowed to keep her title, pageant was possibly fixed for her to win. very unethical. things will be interesting this week for sure ! stay tuned. don't think new director Carla would have let the coach judge if she was aware of the relationship, Carla has a very good track record and would not jeopardize her great standing with muo. if I was the 1ru I would be getting ready to be the new miss ct usa.

Replies:
Subject: who is the last Miss Usa you really liked?

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:01 01/17/18 Wed

Nia Sanchez

Replies:
Subject: Contestants who won the pageant with the final question.

Author:
REALITY CHECK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:19:27 01/11/18 Thu

There have been a few contestants that came from no where to win the pageant with the final question. The obvious answer is Brook Lee. I will never forget, "I would eat everything in the world. You do not understand. I would eat everything twice." This cinched the pageant for Brook. She may not have been the most beautiful Miss Universe but she was by far one of the best personalities.

What other contestants won with their final answer?

Replies:
Subject: Will Miss 52 USA return this year?

Author:
Yes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:19 01/18/18 Thu

I've been hearing A LOT of rumors that it will be returning this year, even Wikipedia is saying it. I personally thought it was fun when they did it, and I have nothing against it, as long as it's done fairly.

Replies:
Subject: Who are your picks for Teen USA???

Author:
Newtousa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:33 01/18/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: MISS WORLD REJECTS SHOWDOWN AT MU 2018?

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:05 01/16/18 Tue

So much buzz about Genesis D. for Miss USA 2018 and also at Budabing Pilipinas 2018 for Catriona Gray. Both Miss World alumni. Are we gonna be seeing Miss World rejects showdown at Miss Universe 2018???

Replies:
Subject: Meanwhile, in Kentucky...

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:50:50 01/07/18 Sun

...we sit here by the fire and wonder, “Will we have a pageant?” “Do we have a venue?” “Do we have contestants?” “Does anyone even care?”

Musings of pageant fans in a state that will have 100 girls competing for a county fair title in two weeks, but cannot even find out about the most basic information about our state USA Pageant.

Replies:
Subject: What ever happened to Paulina Vega?

Author:
Fab pat
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:35:31 01/17/18 Wed

I was watching nias vlog from the miss universe reunion and noticed people were questioning Paulina’s absence. Nia replied and said she never even respond to the girls that invite her. I would think it would be a nice thing to join. Thought on this?

Replies:
Subject: Nu Yawk 2018

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:38:57 01/15/18 Mon

The winner is: Genesis Suero, 26, Brooklyn.
Last year was Genesis' first try and she made top 20.

Replies:
Subject: Either CVS is a new major sponsor of MUO or IMG is real pushing this real beauty campaign....seems like a clear message on direction, no?

Author:
Curiouser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:58 01/16/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: NEW MEXICO contestants are up! Finally!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:01 01/18/18 Thu

Wow, 25 in Miss! I'm pretty impressed & pleasantly surprised, considering the year we've had. So many beauties in the bunch.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurasProductions

17 in Teen, which is also pretty impressive!

Who's in your Top 5??

Replies:
Subject: D and D New York mess!

Author:
Julia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:51 01/18/18 Thu

I've been trying to wrap my head around what I saw at NY USA, which is nothing short of a hot mess. D and D need to make a major overhaul within their pageant! They need to get rid of all judges, especially Rosenguard. Too many that have major conflict! No more of one boyfriend judging one year and the other judging next! Start fresh! Going from top 19 to top 5 with 7 judges choosing 5....a catastrophe!!! Cut to 10 then 5!! The top 5 was shocking! The ones who performed well should be insulted!!! A girl who was clueless made it! And one who sounded uneducated won!! IMO, the entire pageant screamed Ghetto!! And it won't change until changes are made!!!

Replies:
Subject: I know its premature, but who are your favorites for the USA crown thus far?

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:11:02 01/17/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Melissa Cousin Young

Author:
???
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:17 01/18/18 Thu

Why has she deleted her Facebook page?

Replies:
Subject: 2 members of the Miss USA Class of 2012 will be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue next month. The announcement of the final 3 rookies was made on Wednesday: http://on.si.com/2BdhPCl

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:12 01/18/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Pageant girls you unfollowed

Author:
Instagram
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:00 12/13/17 Wed

I've followed pageants for a while. I really like to keep following formers even after their pageant days are over - to see how they keep growing and what wonderful women they become. Sometimes I unfollow though:

- Morgan Woolard. She's done a great job marketing her Instagram account: she deleted ALL she had posted before the baby, and she somehow convinced many vendors that her 15k following is fellow mamas. Result: literally all her posts are baby ads and give aways. One funny thing she published was "10 things you didn't know about me: I was a Miss OK USA". Yeah honey we knew. People follow you BECAUSE you were Miss OK USA.
I honestly don't mind ads and give aways on instagram, mind you. I understand those girls want to make some extra bucks. The problem is when your insta account is 100% ads. Sorry. You want the extra bucks = please provide some quality content too.

- Kristen Dalton. When she posted a picture of her baby daughter and wrote in the description that family is her second priority after God. I hope she has the good sense to delete it by the time the girl is old enough to use Instagram and read.

- Samantha Casey. Not my baby, not my business how she brings her up, but in the end I clicked "unfollow" because of BAD advertising. Could have been more discreet.

Replies:
Subject: New Mexico contestants up!

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:32 01/18/18 Thu

Miss: https://www.facebook.com/LaurasProductions/photos/pcb.10154989084331949/10154989077181949/?type=3&theater

Teen: https://www.facebook.com/LaurasProductions/photos/pcb.10154991632921949/10154991629476949/?type=3&theater

Replies:
Subject: Miss New York USA 2018 LIVE UPDATES

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:48 01/14/18 Sun

Top 5

Alexis Coats
Rowena Karmy
Andrea Shen
Briana Siaca
Genesis Suero

Rest of Top 19

Kristen Stillwell
Michelle Pierrot
Birttany Drahos
Bailee Zimmerman (shocked she didn't make Top 5)
Fiona Liang (was kind of expecting her to make Top 5 as well)
Natalia Mayo
Erika Hammond
Amelia Gilliam
Cheryl Campos
Shannon Geraghty (another shocker after placing 3rd runner up last year)
Kiara Gomez
Caroline Placzek
Nathalie Borgella

Replies:
Subject: NV2018
free image upload no sign up
and NV20182
upload photos to website

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:47:59 01/07/18 Sun

MISS NEVADA USA 2018

Replies:
Subject: Miss Utah USA 2018 is Narine Ishhanov!

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:52 01/06/18 Sat

Don't know who won teen yet.

Replies:
Subject: will the contestants be up for Kentucky or New Mexico

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:42 01/15/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Belgium 2018

Author:
Belgian Beauty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:33 01/14/18 Sun

The first Asian/Filipina was crowned Miss Belgium 2018. A student pilot, she will now represent Belgium in the Miss World 2018 and Miss Universe 2018 competitions.

Replies:
Subject: NY Teen USA

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:08 01/14/18 Sun

A quick collage of the Top 16 from this year's NY Teen USA pageant, which is still ongoing. Some expected results, some unexpected, and always a treat to see the congeniality winner (Kelsey) in the top 16!

Replies:
Subject: any news re ny

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:40:49 01/13/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2017 with Miss Universe 1978

Author:
Golden Globes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:34:01 01/12/18 Fri

I'm surprised no one posted a picture of our Miss Universe with Margaret Gardiner.

Both are gorgeous!

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to Amelia Vega!

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:30 01/10/18 Wed

Miss Universe 2003 is expecting her third baby.

CONGRATS AMELIA!

Replies:
Subject: Miss New York USA Final Hot Picks

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:43 01/13/18 Sat

I haven't seen anything from the preliminaries and I'm busy so I made this very quickly but I'm so excited for my state to crown their representatives to Miss USA and Miss Teen USA this year! Here are my choices in both divisions.

Miss New York USA:

Winner - Briana Siaca - I think she’ll be like Serena Bucaj who was first runner up one year, places a little lower the next then comes back the next year and wins the crown. She looks her absolute best this year and won the preliminary Miss Long Island pageant which will give her a huge advantage.
1st Runner Up - Shannon Geraghty - She’s very experienced and I’m guessing this year will be her last year but Shannon is so striking and improved a lot when she first entered in 2016. Knowing New York and how it has been operated in Miss since D&D took over, the crown will go to either Shannon or Briana.
2nd Runner Up - Rowena Karmy - If a newbie wins I want it to be her, she has had a lot of hype on instagram and would do great under IMG. She was born in Vienna and then grew up in Amman, Jordan. She is also very artistic and athletic and such a well rounded person, I think she could be Miss New York USA 2019 because of how D&D runs their pageants but with Daescia DeMoranville winning in Rhode Island this year, I could see her stealing the crown from Shannon or Briana. If you want to get an insight on how stunning she is, her instagram is rowenakarmy and there’s a link to her interview on pageant news on her handle.
3rd Runner Up - Genesis Suero - Genesis wowed me last year with her striking beauty and is back and even more competitive. Do I think she will win this year, probably not, I think she can be even better than she already is. However, I can see the crown on her head in a few years for sure and I can definitely see her in the Top 5 this year.
4th Runner Up - Erika Hammond - Erika is kind of famous as she’s a former WWE NXT Diva and has made a fine transition to becoming a beauty queen. She embodies what it means to live a healthy lifestyle, has the notoriety that will help in the current era and she’s very stylish too.

Top 20

Chinyere Adogu - She has been competing for a while and finally placed last year and I think she can place again, her beauty is unconventional and easily stands out but I think there are stronger girls to represent New York.
Cheryl Campos - First I was impressed by her photos, she has a very striking and distinct beauty but learning that she’s a Harvard Graduate only makes her so much more impressive. I think she could do well at Miss USA.
Sibongile Chisi - I don’t know much about her but her headshot is stunning and from what I found on google of her, her beauty is very compelling as well.
Brittany Drahos - Brittany last competed a few years ago and she seems a lot more confident now. She’s not the most beautiful but she has the electric beauty that New York loves.
Kiara Gomez - Kiara is drop dead gorgeous and I was stalking her instagram and thinking that under Trump she could’ve been a sure Top fiver at Miss USA however I’m not sure if the substance is there which is why I kept her out of my top 5.
Lauren Kiedinger - She’s very naturally pretty and is experienced in MAO but this year is just too strong with so many strong newbies and strong returning veterans that I don’t think she’ll make the Top 5.
Fiona Liang - Fiona came really strong last year and she’s coming very strong again, I’m not gonna lie I can see her in the Top 5 and even winning a few years down the line but I think there are girls who could make a bigger impact nationally than she would. However, I do think if she doesn’t win, she should state hop to Connecticut, I think Carla Crawford would love her.
Natalia Mayo - Natalia is one of the most prominent contestants this year on instagram and she reminds me of Kendall Jenner in a sense. Beautywise she’s absolutely stunning and you wouldn’t guess this is her first pageant! I can easily see her in the Top 5 or even pulling a surprise win but she has a few tattoos which may hurt her but may not be much of an issue anymore.
Stevie Miles - She’s experienced in other systems and I think she’s going to surprise a lot of people this weekend. I cannot wait to see how she’s grown in the past few years and I think she could be a spoiler for Top 5.
Tina Oppedisano - Tina’s headshot really stood out to me and I found out her family owns a restaurant! Don’t know if I see a winner but I’m interested in hearing more about her!
Michelle Pierrot - She competed in Miss World America last year and is quite striking but I’m not a huge fan of her beauty. However, I do expect her to do well.
Diana Ryshkevich - Diana is another contestant who has been very active on social media about her preparation for the crown. I don’t think she’s as beautiful as some of the other contestants but she’s very spunky and is another girl whose headshot does not do her justice. I do not see her winning but placing is a possibility.
Nicole Torres - Nicole’s headshot stood out to me and in professional photos she’s a standout but I don’t know about a Top 5 placement this year just yet.
Maria Vitetzakis - Maria is actually quite experienced and was Miss Tourism USA and was a finalist in Miss NY Teen USA the year Thatiana Diaz won. I don’t know how old she is but she has potential and I see her placing and her Grecian features are to die for. However, this batch is so strong I don’t see her in the Top 5.
Bailee Zimmerman - I almost put Bailee in my Top 5 but I left her out because I don’t think the red hair does much for her, I hope she dyed it back for the pageant because I know she would make a fantastic Miss New York USA and would make huge waves at Miss USA.

Miss New York Teen USA:

Winner - Kelsey Zabawa - Kelsey has improved so much from when she was first runner up last year. She’s going to have more competition this year but she looks so much more confident than she did and she’s so naturally beautiful. I think she could be very successful at Miss Teen USA especially since she has a great backstory too.
1st Runner Up - Michelle Laino - I’m pretty sure this is Michelle’s last year of eligibility as a Teen and her results have been inconsistent throughout the year from being a clapper to a top fiver. However, she looks extremely well prepared this year and I heard she’s now a certified personal trainer which will give her an edge in active wear.
2nd Runner Up - Elizabeta Pllumbi - I’m gonna guess this is also Elizabeta’s last year of eligibility as a Teen as well. I think she’s gorgeous and it would be nice if she wins but I feel like she would do better at Miss USA than Miss Teen USA and I don’t know what she to the plate besides beauty. It will be interesting to see her take on the active wear competition though.
3rd Runner Up - Gabriella Caggiano - Gabriella is very experienced in other divisions and I have wanted to see her compete in Miss NY Teen USA for a while and I’m glad she’s finally competing! She’s a sure semifinalist at least with her experience and her headshot does not do her justice at all. I can even see her winning.
4th Runner Up - Alexa Cox - Alexa is Miss Long Island Teen who usually makes the Top 5 at Teen USA, she has improved a lot since she won her local title and although I think her Miss will more likely win the state crown she’s competitive but I don’t see her as a winner just yet.

Top 15

Madison Argandona - Madison placed in the semifinals last year and has came back a lot more polished. She’s in college now so I think it’s her last year of eligibility but I could see her in the Top 5.
Julia DiVincenzo - I haven’t seen much of her but her headshot is strong enough to say that she’s deserving of a semifinalist spot.
Alessandra Giammarino - She’s competing in the pageant alongside her cousin and she’s miles ahead of her cousin, I haven’t seen much of her but I think she’s very pretty and could pull an upset.
Saige Guerin - I haven’t seen much of her but her headshot was one of the strongest in my opinion and her other photos were nice too that I saw which is enough for me to put her in my Top.
Kealee Hohmann - Kealee is another potential top fiver, she competed in Miss Long Island Teen and is stunning but has tough competition.
Jenna Hofmann - Not a huge fan of her but she made the semifinals last year so she has to have something special! I am interested to see how she’s transformed for this year.
Madeline Manfredi - I almost placed Madeline in my Top 5, her headshot doesn’t say much but I found her Facebook and she’s stunning and I think capable of a huge surprise.
Ellen Mangra - What I love about New York is the diversity of the contestants and I’m so glad I live there especially when girls like Ellen who are so exotic compete. It’s like a mini Miss Universe almost and I think Ellen could be in the Top 5 from what I’ve seen.
Isabella Sapio - Could it be Isabella two years in a row? Maybe, her headshot is very nice and she’s experienced too so I expect her to do well.
Gianna Sparacino - Another girl I almost put in my Top 5, she’s absolutely stunning and I think she could even win it all.

Thank you so much for reading and who are your favorites?

Replies:
Subject: NEW YORK contestants are up!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:43 01/11/18 Thu

151 in Miss...wowza!
https://missnewyorkusa.com/2018-miss-contestants/
2017 Top 5'ers Shannon & Briana are back! And former IN TUSA, Bailee Zimmerman, and MO TUSA competitor, Adrienne Burfield, are also competing.

126 in Teen...wowza again!
https://missnewyorkusa.com/2018-teen-contestants/
Lots of beautiful Teens. I think there's more competition in Teen than in Miss, but that's just based on head shots.

Anyway, happy looking!

Replies:
Subject: The End of Prelimenary Pageants FOREVER, I know it is the right decision but they were fun while they lasted... :'(

Author:
Out with the old, in with the new.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:43:43 01/11/18 Thu

The End of Prelimenary Pageants FOREVER, I know it is the right decision but they were fun while they lasted... :'(

Replies:
Subject: MISS TEXAS USA 2018 IS LOGAN LESTER!!!

Author:
Yay!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:02 01/06/18 Sat

1RU- Isabella Radovan
2RU- Allie Gonzalez
3RU- Hannah Johannes
4RU- Katie Scott

Replies:
Subject: The diacritic in Kára's first name.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:10:06 01/12/18 Fri

Does anyone if Kára's real first name includes a diacritic or she simply added it to make it cool?

Out of curiosity, if your name contains a diacritic, will American documents such as passport or on the state level, driver license include it?

In Canada, diacritics can be included in passport or other documents.

Subject: There's a big buzz about CATRIONA GRAY of the Philippines at Miss Universe Philippines competition.

Author:
NotsonewtoUSB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:36 01/11/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: NY USA Headshots are up!!! Who will win the Miss and Teen crowns?

Author:
KM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:14 01/11/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: I know this is far away, but do you think Miss Universe for next year will be a competitive one? I've noticed there's only like a dozen officially chosen as contestants, but I already have two favorites of that dozen... Peru and Poland.

Author:
In the past decade, the only years I would call super competitive were 2012 and 2015. (And I'm bringing up this random topic to not see the whiners crying on the other threads)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:02 01/11/18 Thu

Subject: Kentucky USA

Author:
REALITY CHECK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:11:10 01/11/18 Thu

I read about the problems with Kentucky USA. I figured the answers would be found at www.misskentuckyusa.com. Wow, this is very sad. I thought some revenue was obtained from ticket sales. The problem is that I could not find anything that said when and where the event was to be held and how tickets could be obtained. It is almost like this a "secret" contest. Maybe they only want friends and family of the contestants to attend. This is very suspicious to me.

Subject: Why does NY USA leave for the last minute to post contestants headshots?

Author:
KM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:27 01/10/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: when will Connecticut and Utah contestants be up

Author:
carol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:53 12/28/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Has there been a more controversial state winner than Geneisis

Author:
emmy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:40 12/20/17 Wed

just curious

Replies:
Subject: Nevada, excellent quality free stream here http://missnevadapageant.com/contestants2017/

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:27 01/07/18 Sun

Top 12 paraded in swimsuit and top 10 in active wear.

I presume only 10 out of 11 girls showed up in teen, so it was an automatic top 10.

Replies:
Subject: Let's give a round of applause to Shanna for putting the Nevada contestants up 3 weeks prior! Directors take notes

Author:
moving on from the FL mess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:01 12/18/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: CT USA RESULTS

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:15:21 01/07/18 Sun

CT USA: Jamie Hughes
1RU: Samantha Sojka
2RU: Azria Roundtree
3RU: Samantha Lusniak
4RU: Amber Walker

Top Ten:
Sarah Shourds
Jonet Nichelle
Rhaven McIver
Katie Kirchhoff
Cathryn Jenner

Replies:
Subject: It is mathematically impossible for the same contestant to win a same state pageant two years in a row, with different judges and different contestants!

Author:
Something is not right and it is obvious!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:43 12/18/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Any Updates from Nevada and Nebraska?

Author:
Final Tonight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:35 01/07/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Pageant girls professions

Author:
linkedin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:25 01/05/18 Fri

What do pageant girls typically end up doing in life?

Of course when they do the pageant, they all aspire to be doctors and lawyers, but I mean what do they REALLY do once they grow up?

I've noticed several paths that are quite common:
- make-up artist
- sales rep
- realtor

And last but not least, a housewife / stay-at-home mum.

It was recently pointed out that many girls start coaching, but how many really make their living with that? The market seems saturated as it is. Same for modelling, broadcasting etc. - I see it more like they want to be doing than what they really do.

Replies:
Subject: what time are the state pageants this weekend I would think we would know something especially for Conn

Author:
dina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:56 01/06/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: logan Laster is miss Texas . I never saw her coming.....would have picked Doty

Author:
dina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:22 01/06/18 Sat

more on the Tx board

Subject: Miss Texas USA Special Award Winners - Isabella Radovan and Alejandra Gonzalez

Author:
Lola
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:07 01/06/18 Sat

Best Swimsuit - Central South Texas- Isabella Radovan
Most Photogenic - City of Palms - Alejandra Gonzalez

Replies:
Subject: So...Exclusive: Gretchen Carlson To Serve As Board Chair Of Miss America Organization

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:30 01/01/18 Mon

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/gretchen-carlson-miss-america-board_us_5a4a9307e4b025f99e1cf274

Happy New Year!

Replies:
Subject: if you are a fan of miss America, mallory hagen or just like pageants please go to mallory hagen's facebook page, watch her video and sign the petition to remove the entire board

Author:
carol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:15:51 12/28/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Kentucky USA 2018

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:22 01/04/18 Thu

What is wrong with this pageant. It's 3 weeks until there new crowning and nothing on there web site, face book or twitter account. This state director Connie is so bad, I wish IMG would look into her and get rid of her. There is never any P.R. work on this pageant, I have lived in the state my whole 54 years.

Replies:
Subject: All the States for the Road to Miss USA have been posted! Have Fun!

Author:
IHP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:16 01/05/18 Fri

Subject: Virginia

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:09 01/05/18 Fri

Subject: Au Naturel: MO, LA, HA, MA

Author:
possum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:24:03 01/04/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss NY USA Miss & Teen. Excited to see who is competing this year and who is not but will hopefully return. In Miss my fave Is Brianna Siaca from last year so far and in Teen I really don’t have a favorite. I do love though Michelle Laino headshots this year. Anyone know who else is competing?

Author:
KM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:01 01/05/18 Fri

Subject: Miss Nebraska USA/Teen USA are up

Author:
Genesis Davila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:41:23 01/02/18 Tue

*http://www.warriorsforross.com/neusa2018/index.html (Miss)
*http://www.warriorsforross.com/neteen2018/index.html (Teen)

Low number on Miss this year

Replies:
Subject: miss utah usa 10 en miis / 14 en teen

Author:
PACO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:10 01/04/18 Thu

Subject: DD2018
There is a lot of support for Danielle Doty, however, she seems so little here. Good luck to her, though my bet is on Alejandra and four others over her.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:30 01/03/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Can someone either confirm or refute that the Miss Kentucky USA Pageant is scheduled to take place in a theater that closed for business in December?

Author:
🤔
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:42 01/03/18 Wed

Surely to God they have it together better than that.

Replies:
Subject: Melissa Consin Young from Wisconsin

Author:
Joy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:19 12/26/17 Tue

Does anyone know if Melissa Consin Young, the former Miss Wisconsin who has been sick for many years, passed recently?i saw a post that she was having emergency surgery and now it looks like her Facebook has been taken down. My heart goes out to her little boy who she fought so hard for, so many years. I am sad to think that she has finally been taken and so young.

Replies:
Subject: My pageant wish for 2018.... What's yours?

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:58 12/29/17 Fri

If I could make just one pageant wish for 2018, it would be for IMG/MUO to get Miss USA back on track again. Enough with the stories and the scientists and the "women can do anything" blather. We already know that; just give me a beauty pageant. I'm wishing that they'll go back to the pageants from around 2004-2010 as a model.

Replies:
Subject: Was it ever disclosed why Randy Sanders & Pageant Associates downsized the # of states he directed from 5 to 3?

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:16 01/02/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Former Miss Teen USA Winners & Semi-Finalists who didn't make the cut at USA

Author:
xoxo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:26 12/28/17 Thu

Who do you think was robbed the most?

For me, there were so many.

Jamie Solinger ranks #1 on my list. I can't believe that a former Miss Teen USA 1992 didn't even make the semis at Miss USA 1998.

Also, Amanda Penix (Teen SF 1997), didn't make the cut at Miss USA 2000. She looked great.

Replies:
Subject: 2018 MUO Milestones

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:42 12/31/17 Sun

With the new year almost upon us, let's take a look at the MUO titleholders that will be marking milestone birthdays and crowning anniversaries in 2018.

Birthdays
18th: Sophia Dominguez-Heithoff (March 13), Katherine Haik (May 9)
21st: K Lee Graham (April 30), Karlie Hay (December 12)
25th: Paulina Vega (January 15), Iris Mittenaere (January 25), Danielle Doty (April 27)
30th: Ximena Navarrette (February 22), Gabriela Isler (March 21), Olivia Jordan (September 28), Hilary Cruz (December 4), Allie LaForce (December 13)
40th: Lynette Cole (February 9), Lara Dutta (April 16), Shandi Finnessey (June 9), Shelly Moore (September 18)
50th: Porntip Nahirunkanok (February 7), Kelly Hu (February 13), Lu Parker (April 16), Allison Brown (August 23)
70th: Martha Vasconcelos (June 18), Deborah Shelton (November 21), Dorothy Anstett (was 20 at Miss Universe 1968)
80th: Norma Nolan (April 22)

Crowning Anniversaries
10th: Crystle Stewart (April 11), Dayana Mendoza (July 13), Stevi Perry (August 16)
20th: Shawnae Jebbia (March 10), Wendy Fitzwilliam (May 12), Vanessa Minnillo (August 17)
25th: Kenya Moore (February 19), Dayanara Torres (May 21), Charlotte Lopez (August 6)
30th: Courtney Gibbs (March 1), Porntip Nahirunkanok (May 23), Mindy Duncan (July 25)
40th: Judi Andersen (April 29), Margaret Gardiner (July 24)
50th: Dorothy Anstett (May 18), Martha Vasconcelos (July 13)
60th: Eurlyne Howell (July 23)

Replies:
Subject: Favorite Miss Teen USA winner or semi-finalist who DID make the cut?

Author:
xoxo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:57 12/28/17 Thu

My favorite was Hillary Meyer, Miss Kansas USA 2000. She was great at Teen USA, and even better at USA.

Also Kelly Hu and Shawna Gambill. Both of these former Miss Teen USA's should have won their respective years at Miss USA (1993 and 1998).

Replies:
Subject: The top grossing actress in 2017 is a MUO alumna: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/gal-gadot-highest-grossing-actress-2017

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:02:08 12/31/17 Sun

Subject: Mrs World is Hong Kong. Runners up are Costa Rica and Belarus

Author:
Nice to see an Asian win this pageant for a change
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:44 12/16/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe cover of NY Post.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:47 12/31/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Just saw on eBay programs from Miss Kentucky USA with Kristen Johnson, Tara Conner and Michelle Banzer feTured. I know they have fans here.

Author:
🙂
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:02 12/31/17 Sun

Subject: Crystle Stewart is back

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:52 12/18/17 Mon

Crystle Stewart is back and now the director of Miss Houston, along with Lauren Lanning! This means the O'Brians have stepped down!

In the last 20 years, there have really only been THREE directors of the Houston pageants - the Lanning sisters (no relation), the O'Brians and now Crystle and Lauren.

Does this mean Gail is stepping down and paving the way for the O'Brians to direct the Texas pageants?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Colombia Universe Laura Gonzalez

Author:
ECRTZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:03 12/25/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Image may contain: 1 person, hat, closeup and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, hat and closeup

Author:
Happy Holiday Season from Demi-Leigh and Iris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:12 12/27/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Loving Monika Patel for Miss TX USA right now. Wow her natural beauty is stunning. I like her more natural face rather than the glam. Hoping she toned it down for Miss TX!

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:23:45 12/25/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss France is on now!

Author:
France!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:40 12/16/17 Sat

Always my favorite pageant show every year!

Replies:
Subject: California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short” By Profile photo of Allison KratzAllison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017

Author:
SKETCHY PAGEANTRY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:18 12/05/17 Tue

California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”
By Allison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017 | 3 Comments |
While most pageants, including Miss USA, like to say contestants’ heights do not matter in competition, is that really the case? One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant does not seem to think so. (Read: Pageant Question: Height Requirement for Miss USA)

Updated at 4:03 p.m. to reflect Miss California USA Executive State Director Alex Kuty’s comments.

About the judge’s post

One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant, Ellina Abovian, negatively marked a contestant last weekend for being “too short.” Abovian shared her score sheet on social media with the caption “cut throat.” The photo shared clearly shows the preliminary judges comments sheet with Abovian’s name as the judge in the top right corner of the sheet and a comment, “too short” for one of the contestants. Fortunately, the name of the contestant was not in the frame of the picture.

The Miss California USA pageant operates with a “mention system” of pageant judging, meaning that they do not use numerical scoring. State Director, Alex Kuty said, “The judge was simply trying to express how difficult it was to narrow down 100 contestants to a top 20. Each judge is entitled to their own opinions and this is why we have a diverse group of eight judges who determine who the best representative for our state. I have nothing but confidence in the integrity of our program and the amazing opportunities and experience it creates for the young woman who participate in it.”

There has been no proof that Abovian meant to express her difficulty selecting the top 20 contestants. It is also unclear whether Abovian’s negative comment had an impact on the final results of the judging.
Over 352.4K Daily Active Readers
HIT OR MISS PAGEANT COACHES
California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”
By Profile photo of Allison KratzAllison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017 | 3 Comments |
While most pageants, including Miss USA, like to say contestants’ heights do not matter in competition, is that really the case? One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant does not seem to think so. (Read: Pageant Question: Height Requirement for Miss USA)

Updated at 4:03 p.m. to reflect Miss California USA Executive State Director Alex Kuty’s comments.

About the judge’s post

One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant, Ellina Abovian, negatively marked a contestant last weekend for being “too short.” Abovian shared her score sheet on social media with the caption “cut throat.” The photo shared clearly shows the preliminary judges comments sheet with Abovian’s name as the judge in the top right corner of the sheet and a comment, “too short” for one of the contestants. Fortunately, the name of the contestant was not in the frame of the picture.

The Miss California USA pageant operates with a “mention system” of pageant judging, meaning that they do not use numerical scoring. State Director, Alex Kuty said, “The judge was simply trying to express how difficult it was to narrow down 100 contestants to a top 20. Each judge is entitled to their own opinions and this is why we have a diverse group of eight judges who determine who the best representative for our state. I have nothing but confidence in the integrity of our program and the amazing opportunities and experience it creates for the young woman who participate in it.”

There has been no proof that Abovian meant to express her difficulty selecting the top 20 contestants. It is also unclear whether Abovian’s negative comment had an impact on the final results of the judging.

Photo: @realaustinryde | Ellina Abovian
Abovian posted to Instagram after Kelley Johnson was crowned the winner. Abovian’s post featured a picture of herself and Johnson with the caption, “Congratulations to the beautiful & very tall @realnursekelley our new Miss California 2018.” Both posts have since been deleted but were captured by professional hair and makeup artist Austin Ryde before they disappeared.

While Abovian has not commented further on the height remarks she made, she has removed the post of herself and Kelley Johnson. Abovian did not cite any specific instruction given by the Miss California USA director or program in her reasoning for taking a contestant’s height into consideration during the judging process. Abovian is a former Miss California USA contestant and a current journalist and reporter for a local Los Angeles news site, KTLA. (Read: How to Win Over a Former Titleholder Judge In Interview)

About this impact on the industry

While many in the fashion and pageant industry are calling for increased diversity within titleholders and competitors, the judges clearly are not listening. Height or weight requirements may not be explicitly stated in information packets or judges manuals but they are certainly enforced by individual judges’ preconceived notions of what a pageant titleholder should be. (Read: Miss Universe Host Ashley Graham Criticizes Pageant For Not Including Curvy Contestants)

If pageant judges are deducting points or negatively marking a contestant for something she cannot control, like her height, will the industry really ever change? What do you think? Let us know below!

Have a great news story you’d love to see covered on Pageant Planet? Let us know here!

Replies:
Subject: From the miss America board:Date Posted: 18:39:26 12/21/17 Thu The Miss America Emails: How The Pageant’s CEO Really Talks About The Winners Internal correspondence reveals name-calling, slut-shaming and fat-shaming in emails between the Miss America CEO, board members and a pageant writer. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/miss-america-ceo-emails_us_5a3bd266e4b025f99e153fdb [ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Sam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:34:28 12/21/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: To the genius below calling for a reality check!

Author:
FL Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:07 12/14/17 Thu

Oh honey you really do need a reality check, so here ya go. First of all, Grant WAS INDEED forced out, even he acknowledged his “hurt and shock” in Facebook posts at the time. Grant is also the largest cheat probably in the history of pageants, having judges with zero experience including some who personally knew the girls. Grant is also the one who took results out of the MC’s hands and proceeded to go backstage with them, only to return with a winner being called that should not have even been in the top 16, but he did it to try and secure a spot with the Hard Rock and the Seminole tribe, oops! He lost all backing and sponsorship from The City of Hollywood, a City his father built his reputation on, and then after promising the City of Doral so much that he couldn’t deliver on, was not welcomed back there either. Grant does not have an honest or compassionate bone in his tiny body and while I could post at least a dozen other incidents, I’m good, I’ll just let karma keep doing its thing.

As for Genesis, I don’t know the woman personally and I have other young ladies I would much prefer to be crowned on Sunday, if she wins, I won’t be mad. I stand by my thoughts that knowing Grant, and knowing the game playing cocky sob that he is, if he had proof of her cheating, he would have blasted it from the rooftops of Tel Air and would have never let her see one dime of a settlement!

Replies:
Subject: ANOTHER (DIRECTOR) MIGHT BITE THE DUST!

Author:
OFF WITH THEIR DISHONEST HEADS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:26 12/28/17 Thu

NJ.com
Former Miss Americas: All board members should resign to save pageant
Updated on Dec 28, 2017 at 06:45 AM EST
Former Miss Americas Gretchen Carlson, at left, Mallory Hagan and Kate Shindle say the recent resignation of the Miss America CEO, Sam Haskell, and two board members is not enough. They are calling for the resignation of the entire Miss America board of directors in light of the board's reported knowledge of internal email correspondence from Haskell that disparaged former Miss Americas and contained vulgarities and insults about the women.
Former Miss Americas Gretchen Carlson, at left, Mallory Hagan and Kate Shindle say the recent resignation of the Miss America CEO, Sam Haskell, and two board members is not enough. They are calling for the resignation of the entire Miss America board of directors in light of the board's reported knowledge of internal email correspondence from Haskell that disparaged former Miss Americas and contained vulgarities and insults about the women.
(Paul Morigi | Getty Images; Jamie McCarthy | Getty Images; Jordan Strauss | Getty Images )
Facebook Icon
Twitter Icon
Email Icon
Text Message Icon
More options Icon

CLOSE
More share options:
By Amy Kuperinsky | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
CLOSE
Email the author
Follow on Twitter
The Miss America board of directors is looking for new leaders in light of a recent scandal surrounding internal emails from the Atlantic City pageant organization's CEO, Sam Haskell , who resigned alongside other pageant bosses after the messages were made public.

On Wednesday night, the board of the Miss America Organization , in a statement sent by Dan Meyers, interim chairman, announced an open call to former Miss Americas and state executive directors that solicited nominations for members of a seven-person search committee by Jan. 3. The committee would determine a new leadership structure for the pageant, including "current and anticipated board vacancies."

But three former Miss Americas -- Gretchen Carlson (1989), Kate Shindle (1998) and Mallory Hagan (2013) -- who have emerged as organizers of a resistance within the pageant community, say the board has not gone far enough. They continue to call for the resignation of all current board members, saying the board previously knew about Haskell's emails and failed to make any changes to pageant leadership.

Shindle, 40, a singer and actress who is president of the Actors' Equity Association, grew up in Brigantine, where her parents volunteered for the pageant. She referred to the board statement as a "hot mess" on Twitter, issuing a joint statement with Carlson, 51, and Hagan, 29, that called the board's course of action "unacceptable" and accused members of preserving their influence at the cost of the pageant's future.

"In the wake of inexcusable comments by former Executive Chairman Sam Haskell and his cohorts, Miss America is facing the real possibility of losing its television network, major charitable partner, venue, host city, and sponsors," the statement read. "This new tactic pays lip service to groups of stakeholders, while guaranteeing that the majority of the current board will stay on and be able to choose the replacements for those who have resigned."

statement from me, @GretchenCarlson and @ItsMalloryHagan about the hot mess that happened tonight #savemissamerica pic.twitter.com/RIuIyj26GV

-- kate shindle (@kateshindle) December 28, 2017
A Dec. 21 report from HuffPost detailed the content of the offending emails , in which Haskell laughed at or approved of disparaging jokes and comments made by Lewis Friedman, a pageant script writer, about former Miss Americas, including one remark that labeled the women with a derogatory term for female genitalia. Haskell also responded favorably to Friedman's suggestion that Shindle, who had been critical of Haskell's Miss America pay in her 2014 book, "Being Miss America: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain," should have died instead of another Miss America who passed away that year.

Hagan, Miss America 2013, was used as the model for the Miss America statue installed on the boardwalk when the pageant returned to Atlantic City in 2013. But in his emails, Haskell, 62, made negative comments about Hagan's appearance, calling her "gross" and "huge," and fixated on her sexual history. Haskell was reportedly angered when a pageant staffer, Brent Adams, who worked for his production company, began dating Hagan instead of his daughter, Mary Lane Haskell. In the messages, Tammy Haddad, the vice-chairwoman of the board, also suggested that Haskell hire an investigator to dig up dirt on Hagan. And Haddad called Carlson -- the former Fox News host who sued CEO Roger Ailes for sexual harassment , which led to the toppling of Ailes and others at Fox -- a "snake."

Friedman, the script writer, had already been fired from his post with the pageant when Haddad, a powerful media figure in Washington D.C., became the first in the leadership to resign. After 49 former Miss Americas called for Haskell's resignation, also asking Haddad; Josh Randle, chief operating officer; and Lynn Weidner, chairwoman of the board, to step down, Haskell was suspended by the pageant board on Dec. 22.

But the pageant boss remained defiant.

"My mistake is a mistake of words," Haskell said in a statement , claiming the email messages were edited and calling the HuffPost story "so unkind and untrue." The pageant boss, who makes $500,000 a year, said the story "hurts me, my family, and the stewardship of this non-profit."

In response, a group of Miss Americas that had grown to include 56 women charged Haskell with victim-shaming.

"We are horrified that the board is turning a blind eye," they said in a follow-up letter .

Just a day later, the pageant announced Haskell's immediate resignation, and both Weidner and Randle said they would leave within 90 days.

After Adams, a former employee of Haskell's company, and board member Regina Hopper brought internal emails to the attention of pageant partner Dick Clark Productions in August, the company brought the emails back to the board, reportedly with the hope that the board would enact a change in leadership. But only Friedman was fired. Dick Clark Productions, which had teamed with the pageant several years earlier to raise the pop culture profile of the aging event -- extending awards show appearance contracts to winners -- then severed ties with Miss America.

Shindle, Hagan and Carlson said the board's misstep was in making no change after reviewing Haskell's emails. Only after the emails were made public and former Miss Americas voiced their opposition to Haskell's leadership did the group vote to suspend the CEO . Carlson, Hagan and Shindle also accused the board of handing Haskell "a generous severance package."

The major charitable partner that the former Miss Americas are referring to is Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, a Utah-based nonprofit that raises money for children's hospitals and medical research. Miss America's contract with its TV network, ABC, ends after the September 2018 pageant (Haskell, former head of worldwide TV with the William Morris Agency, had been credited with bringing the pageant back to network television from cable).

Meanwhile, the uncertainty about the pageant's host city -- Atlantic City -- is real. In 2016, the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority subsidized the pageant to the tune of $12.5 million. There is still one year left on that contract, which ends after the next pageant. But after the Haskell emails came to light, Chris Howard, executive director of the CRDA, said the authority would review its contract with the pageant (Miss America maintains its headquarters in Boardwalk Hall, which is also home to the competition).

"The CRDA finds the reports of the Miss America Organization and the behavior of its leadership troubling," Howard said in a statement to the Press of Atlantic City on Dec. 22. "The CRDA is working with our legal counsel to undertake an immediate review of its contract with the Miss America Organization and Dick Clark Productions to assess what steps we may need to take." (The contract with Miss America stipulated that Atlantic City be featured in Dick Clark Productions' "New Year's Rockin' Eve," but that never happened.)

On Sunday, John Palmieri, former executive director of the CRDA, under whose leadership the authority made two deals with the pageant -- including the one that brought the event back to Atlantic City from Las Vegas in 2013 -- said the misogynistic remarks in the emails had irreparably damaged the Miss America brand.

"The CRDA would be well served by severing the funding agreement and finding better ways to invest in community building activities," he said.

Both former Miss Americas and former pageant staffers have described a culture of fear and retaliation within the organization.

Betty Cantrell, Miss America 2016 , took to Instagram on Dec. 22 for a live video in which she tearfully said she was told to "disassociate" from Carlson, Hagan and Shindle during her reign. She also said she had witnessed staffers being pushed out of their jobs or fired after they were critical of leadership. Cantrell, 23, said the pageant organization attempted to underpay her, and that Haskell had prevented her from moving forward with a planned reality show that would've featured the former titleholder and her fiance.

Staying quiet amid all the controversy had been Miss America 2018, Cara Mund . But the 24-year-old former Miss North Dakota broke her silence in a subtle way on Twitter Dec. 23, with small gestures, like using the hashtag #MissAmericaStrong and a pageant pun.

"Do you remember the first time you were asked, 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'" she tweeted. "Since kindergarten my answer has been, and always will be, 'Miss America.' Please remember it is after the heaviest of reigns that we discover the greatest of rainbows. #sisterhood."

In her message, she included a photo of herself wearing a crown that bore the sentiment, "This is for those who refuse to be defined by the limitations set by others."

Do you remember the first time you were asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Since kindergarten my answer has been, and always will be, "Miss America." Please remember it is after the heaviest of reigns that we discover the greatest of rainbows. #sisterhood pic.twitter.com/BNP0SgjYEs

-- Cara Mund (@MissAmerica) December 23, 2017
Amy Kuperinsky may be reached at akuperinsky@njadvancemedia.com . Follow her on Twitter @AmyKup or on Facebook .
Comments

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

© 2017 New Jersey On-Line LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of New Jersey On-Line LLC.

Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Contact interactivity management.

Ad Choices

Subject: Given the direction of Miss USA under IMG + the recent firestorm the Miss America Org has undergone, do you think more MAO contestants will switch over to MUO? We’ve already seen several win state titles this year. Thoughts???

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:40:21 12/27/17 Wed

Subject: Behind the Scenes at Miss Universe

Author:
Love This
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:57 12/27/17 Wed

Subject: Top 10 in Evening Gowns of 2017

Author:
HCF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:09 12/27/17 Wed

Do you guys agree with this list?

Subject: How did Acacia Courtney and Lindsay Becker do?

Author:
PikachusWorld
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:48 12/17/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Who is ready for Miss Texas USA?

Author:
Tired of the other endless posts so trying a new one :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:45 12/21/17 Thu

Who are your favorites for the crown?

Replies:
Subject: Chrisley speaks out

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:07 12/19/17 Tue

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/todd-chrisley-responds-to-miss-floridas-win-after-dethroning/

Replies:
Subject: Happy Holidays!

Author:
Joy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:27 12/24/17 Sun

Happy Holidays to everyone in Georgia, North Dakota, Virginia, Oregon, Utah, Michigan, and Connecticut. I hope you experience great things and have a wonderful 2018. I would like to wish a great reign to the new Miss Earth.

Subject: Genesis Davila.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:46 12/19/17 Tue

I understand some of you do not find her beautiful. I understand some of you think she has harsh features and/or is in the personality free zone.

However calling her barriolicious and/or barriofabulous is totally inappropriate!

We need to take into account the fact that Grant has been accused of bad things/fixing results for years. Not to mention the fact that he has an ego equal to that of Donald Trump's. So let's give Genesis benefit of a doubt. For once, I am happy that part of the money won in the settlement went to help underpriviledged children and to rebuild some of Puerto Rico's infrastructure.

Personally, I do not believe she was fired for the right reasons. As I said, being here since the late 1990s, there was always some sort of a controversy with Grant. If there were not, like with most directors, then I would have a different outlook on this.

She is not my type, nor do I think she will do very well in the current system. But let's give her a chance and let's judge her fairly with an open mind.

Replies:
Subject: With all that happened at a Florida USA last night.... I feel like Oklahoma USA got swept under the rug... let's talk about Oklahoma now! I like the Teen winner especially, her style seems classy and timeless.

Author:
Different topic please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:02 12/18/17 Mon

Miss OK USA- Cheyene Darling
1RU- Albreuna Gonzaque
2RU- Katie Sicula
3RU- Lacey Anderson
4RU- Tawnie Goodwin

Miss OK Teen USA- Zoe Ferraro
1RU- Molly McKinney
2RU- Jordan Flippo
3RU- Morgan Crippen
4RU- Hosanna Hales

Replies:
Subject: She did it! A back to back win by herself!

Author:
Danny-Boy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:07 12/17/17 Sun

Miss Florida USA 2018 is Genesis Davila

I'm beyond ecstatic. This is what vindication feels like. She never should've been dethroned. She fought back against allegations that she had cheated. She sued the pageant director, who paid her a hefty settlement, as he had no proof whatsoever that she had in fact cheated. He was then let go by the MUO. She didn't give up, came back and regained a title she never should've lost. This is vindication at its best. She's a fighter and for that I admire her. You made us proud Genesis. Now on to Miss USA!

So to all the haters, and/or minions of the former director, this one is for you. :-)

Last edited by author: Sun December 17, 2017 20:06:20   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: No matter how you feel about Genesis it is truly incredible someone can win a State USA pageant twice some girls spend 4-5 or more years competing and never win. In my opinion someone who can win like that should easily win Miss USA.

Author:
I’m now a fan!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:01 12/17/17 Sun

!

Replies:
Subject: Everyone on here is arguing and bickering with each other of who and who won't make the top 10/15 at Miss USA next year. But everyone must have horrible memory... do you not remember this past year when the TEN that were called were none of our choices for the most, in my top 10 list NONE of those made it and I'm a pretty swell pageant predictor overall. So it's time to stop the bickering because after last year USA, we all should just shut up about USA predictions esp this early.

Author:
Lol, MUO will pick who they want
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:56 12/20/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Florida Teen USA

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:54 12/17/17 Sun

Top 15
Taylor Moreland - St. Pete Beach
Carsyn Griffis - First Coast
Bri Creswell- Martin County
Haley Lazaro - Tampa
Riley Spicker- Southwest Florida
Katia Gerry - North Florida
Madison Novo - Pembrooke Pines
Lou Shieffelin - Winter Park
Katelyn Wilson- Central Florida
Taylor Letvinchuk- Delray Beach
Lauren Watson- Lake Eola
Noella Voight - Bradenton
Megan BIschoff - Cape Coral
Union County
Alexis Santana -Miramar

Replies:
Subject: Any idea on who is competing for Kentucky or New Mexico?

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:23 12/20/17 Wed

These two pageants are the last two state pageants but none of the contestants are really known for miss or teen. I know some girl named Tracietaylor Turner is competing in New Mexico and she looks very pretty and has shot with Benizo so I think she'll be a good competitor. But is there anyone else? If you know who is competing post here.

Subject: Mrs World

Author:
Honestly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:06 12/19/17 Tue

Mrs. World has absolutely NO connection to Hong Kong. She was born in Taiwan. What a sham.

Replies:
Subject: All-Star Pageant Circuit

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:43:09 12/20/17 Wed

Let's play a game.

Imagine it. An all-star pageant where there is no rule about only winning once. A chance to see how our favorite women would stack up if pitted against each other over and over and /over/ again.

A blowout event funded by an elderly gay couple whose only wishes are:
1. To use all of their billions and trillions of dollars to produce this pageant for years to come
2. To let a board of women run the day to day operations and figure out the nitty-gritty of what the titleholder actually should be doing to make her life as amazing as possible
3. To open the pageant each year with a hysterical duet, which we all lovingly endure since they're doing so much for us in return.

Each of the 50 United States gets to send its top five contenders to the All-Stars (which is, naturally, all-expenses paid somewhere fabulous). This is typically the top 5 from their USA pageant, but outside applications are considered from outstanding MAO contestants.

The contestants are sorted into five preliminary groups based on the month they were born. The preliminary competition is held on an opulent stage worthy of Miss Universe in its prime. As each contestant walks onstage, the screen to the side lights up with some personal information about her: her name, some actually fun facts that set her apart without making us want to tear our hair out, a childhood photo-- and never her state. Now that they're in the All-Stars, it's a sash free zone. You're simply Libra 5, or Aries 7, or Scorpio 4.

When the women enter for evening gown, their names light up the screens again, this time accompanied by the name of their gown designer. The judges are instructed not to take into account what they know about the designer's pricing, but respect that projecting the designer's name is good advertising and might be beneficial in getting a gown sponsored for the contestants.

A full hair and makeup team work tirelessly to keep all of the All-Stars looking their best throughout the competition and appearances beyond the stage. It's quite a task with so many beautiful women, but the schedule is designed so that only some of them are active at any given time. One group has onstage rehearsal while another is at lunch, a third is at a photoshoot, a fourth is on break in their rooms to call their families or rest, the fifth is with the alterations team fitting the opening number dresses. The scheduling team has made this a well-oiled machine, and the contestants are relaxed throughout the two weeks they spend at the competition.

With five preliminary groups, it takes three days to go through them all. Tuesday has an afternoon and evening competition, as does Wednesday, followed by the final preliminary group on Thursday afternoon. Friday the contestants rehearse for the final show before a group movie night. The hotel has cleared out one of the large banquet halls and slid down a projector screen, where they are showing Miss Congeniality. Instead of attending a rehearsal or going to a publicity event, the night before the final competition, the cameras are put away, the women change into their lounge clothes, bring their cell phones down so they can keep texting their friends and family, and curl up to watch a funny movie before bed.

Saturday brings the final competition, which is internationally telecast. It's three hours long, but there's no real filler, so no one complains. Everyone has been able to watch the preliminary competitions online, so the introductions are blissfully brief. We cut down to the Top 35 for Swimsuit. It seems like a painfully high number until the women start coming out and each one of them is nearly flawless in her presentation and body. The best part is that each judge's score pops up on the side of the screen in real time, so the viewers can keep up with the results.

With scores being shown in real time, the results are in before the commercial break and the Top 20 roster is displayed with their scores beside their names. The women quickly prepare for evening gown, which is shown in the same way. After gown they cut to the Top 10 for onstage question. The questions are based on current events, but have been submitted by the directors as examples of unbiased, not politically-based questions. After that, we go to Top 5 for a Miss Universe style question where they are all asked the same thing.

The key difference here is that throughout the competition, all of the scores are shown, so fans can keep up with how their girl is doing. Scores for non-finalists (from prelims) are released after the final show, so they can all know how they did and where they need to push through. And since there's no rule about only going once to this magical, mystical All-Star Circuit, these women could go head-to-head year after year. The same woman could theoretically win more than once, if she was good enough.

So, here's my question: who would you want to see representing your state? (Feel free to be liberal with the age and timing-- bring back aged out contestants, formers, etc. Just specify what state. And you can include teens for when they age into miss.)

Wasn't that a nice escape from the madness? ;)

Subject: Honestly she's not the kind of person but she did deserve this win

Author:
Okay Florida
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:09 12/19/17 Tue

Us Weekly
Subscribe Now Subscribe Now

EXCLUSIVE
Miss Florida Director Todd Chrisley Responds to Genesis Davila Being Crowned a Year After Dethroning
By Us Weekly Staff
December 19, 2017
Todd Chrisley and Genesis Davila
Todd Chrisley and Genesis Davila.
Noel Vasquez/Getty Images; Courtesy Genesis Davila/Instagram

Second time’s the charm! Génesis Dávila won the 2018 Miss Florida competition on Sunday, December 17, one year after being stripped of her crown. In an exclusive statement to Us Weekly, pageant director Todd Chrisley responded to the Puerto Rican native’s big victory.

The 20 Biggest Stories of 2016
“I’m proud to live in a country that believes in second chances and that I serve a God that is always uplifting and pushing us forward,” the 48-year-old tells Us. “Génesis won her title fairly and we are blessed to be a part of of her second chance since her first was stolen from her.”

Dávila, 25, is equally thrilled about the news. “God you have design my journey. What can I say ?? I am blessed. What a rollercoaster! But I always had hope and faith. Thank you for changing my heart and healing it,” she wrote on Instagram on Sunday. “A bit over a year ago I had a dream. That dream was interrupted, but today, I can continue it as @missflusa 2018 Thanks to the new Miss Florida USA Organization for allowing me to keep dreaming, and to the panel of judges who gave me their vote of confidence, thank you for granting me with the honor of becoming the ambassador of the dreams and hopes of the Sunshine State.”

As previously reported, the model filed a $15 million lawsuit against the organization in August 2016 for “causing [her] humiliation and embarrassment” after then-director Grant Gravitt claimed she violated the rules by hiring her own personal hair and makeup artists. Dávila said in the suit that Gravitt posted a photo on Instagram of her having her makeup done and he alleged that it was taken the day of the July 16 pageant. However, she claimed that Gravitt cropped the image to remove the July 9 date when the photo shoot actually took place.

Most Shocking Live TV Moments of All Time
The Miami Herald reported in April that the lawsuit was dismissed in October 2016 and the terms were confidential.

© American Media, Inc. 2017
Privacy Policy Terms of Use

Part of the American Media Inc. Celebrity News Network.