VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2017 State Titles

USA state pageants for 2017 are now COMPLETE !Stay tuned for national Miss USA and Miss Teen USA dates !

OFFICIAL Sponsor of the Mr. USB contest

Subject: WUSA’s Kristen Berset is 35 and has breast cancer — again

Author:
g
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:52 02/23/17 Thu

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wusas-kristen-berset-is-35-and-has-breast-cancer--again/2017/02/18/7ad9f336-a45b-48cd-a876-62009946e97b_story.html?utm_term=.66e1b498c402/">https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wusas-kristen-berset-is-35-and-has-breast-cancer--again/2017/02/18/7ad9f336-a45b-48cd-a876-62009946e97b_story.html?utm_term=.66e1b498c402/</a>

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Grant Gravitts and Florida Franchise

Author:
Orlandorgasmic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:16 02/24/17 Fri

I guess many heard the news already that Grant Gravitts lose the Florida franchise. He will no longer control Miss Florida USA and all those locals. Unfortunately Genesis Davilla bitched and bitched until MUO could no longer ignore her. I'm sick at my stomach about it. She cheated all throughout the pageant and is just mad that she got caught. Grant shouldn't of lost the franchise because of her and all the rabid out of control Puerto RIcans who bitched about it. Whether Genesis was even eligible is even questioning, what is a Puerto Rican doing competing in the Miss USA realm anyway, Puerto Rico has its own pageant system. Stay in your own country. Meanwhile a freind told me that SHanna Moakler is being named the new director in Florida. That will come out next week, also she may have been involved with the Genesis fiasco to get Grant fired. But that would be good news as she would likely get Florida more placements!

Replies:
Subject: Big Ad Up Top

Author:
Concerned Citizen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:21 02/24/17 Fri

I don't mean to be rude, but I was under the impression that ads WERE NOT allowed on this board. Yet, every time I log in, I have to scroll past some big ass ad about Miss US International. Oh, I get it. Special treatment for that pageant! I guess I'll post my ad for gowns I'm not using anymore. Please stop the MF'ing hypocracy!

Replies:
Subject: Mister USB 2017

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:44 02/13/17 Mon

Stayed tuned...it's coming soon!!

Last edited by author: Mon February 13, 2017 18:37:35   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Celebrating Black History Month

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:28 02/22/17 Wed

Over the course of the next four months, Miss USA 2017 will be chosen. This will be the second consecutive year that the pageant will be produced by the IMG organization. I'm predicting true to form that they will continue to evolve, and represent a women of intellect, beauty and substance. The organization has done an exemplary job of marketing and promoting a 21st century view of womanhood. Beauty Pageants across the board have become obsolete and unappealing to people in the mainstream. Most progressive women consider them demeaning and unpractical. They no longer have the luster or appeal beyond pageant enthusiast.

In order for the industry to survive IMG had to make radical changes. During the Madisan Square Garden/CBS years, Miss Universe, USA and Teen USA figurehead was prestigious. Network television, huge corporate sponsors, and reliable viewers and spectators alike supporting all three pageants. The prizes were substantial and the prestige of the titles were significant. It was an enormous platform to launch careers in television, film, modeling and entrepreneurial endeavors. These were the days when the winners were spokes people for major retail giants like JC Penny.

In honor of Black History Month. I wanted to reflect on my introduction and exposure to the world of pageantry. In 1986, I watched my first Miss USA Pageant while a senior in high school. That year, a stunningly beautiful Chirsty Brinkley clone won from the state of Texas. I attended my first State Pageant in Michigan in November 1988, in support of two of my friends outgoing Miss Michigan USA Anthonia Dotson and competing contestant Kenya Moore. Me, Carole Gist, Kenya Moore and disgraced Mayor of the City of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick graduated from Cass High School in Detroit. I graduated1986, Kenya, Carole and Kwame graduated in1987 and 1988.

Carole and Kenya were stunningly beautiful, tall and popular with all the boys in school. Carole demeanor was a little reserved but Kenya was outgoing. This was during the eighties when black women started competing in mainstream pageants. Both Carole and Kenya had won Miss Black World Michigan. It was a cultural pride pageant that was a spring board to launch girls careers in modeling and entertainment. This was a prestigious pageant during that time, and enticed the very best and brightest African American women in the State. It was a televised event and huge in popularity and prestige. Kenya won on her first attempt in 1988 and Carole on her second attempt in 1989.

By this time, I began to become more involved in the industry as coach and advisor. In 1988, there were very few straight African American men in the history. The Miss Michigan USA/Teen USA Director was a black man name Gary Grizzell. He was a local businessman that was married to a stunning white lady who was a former Miss Michigan World in 1975. He was very nice looking and we'll spoken. He was a nice guy, but his organization was cheap. Several former Miss Michigan USA winners received very little time or resources preparing for the national competition. Miss Michigan USA 1989 Karen Funican was stunning. With proper preparation she could have put Michigan on the map. The lack of preparation for that young woman was atrocious.

In the spring of 1989, Carole year of service for the Miss Black World Michigan organization was over. By this time,I was engrossed in the industry. I was still in undergraduate school, but making money and certifying my credentials working on various prep teams. I was responsible for recruiting, marketing and promoting women in pageantry competitions around the States. This was prior to cell phones and the social media revolution.

In the fall of 1989, we stated preparing Carole Gist for the State Pageant. Kenya had won another title is the State (Miss Michigan United) and was to busy to compete. During this time she was traveling with the auto show while balancing her studies at Wayne State University in Detroit.

I had established a great rapport with Mr. Grizzell. He asked me to serve on the judges panel of the State Pageant that year. I had to decline because we were preparing Carole for the competition. He needed a replacement African American judge. I referred my good friend former Mr. Black Michigan Craig Green. He knew of Carole but didn't know her on the pageant circuit. I knew Craig would be impartial and I never revealed to him that our team had been working with her. I knew Carole was the real deal and she could win it fairly.

In November of 1989, Carole Gist won the title of Miss USA in a landslide. There were six judges on the panel. Her on stage presentation was flawless. Ironically at the coronation ball gathering Craig and Mr. Grizzell told me that she won the pageant in interview. Her stage presentation cemented the deal. Everyone in that ballroom knew that history was going to be made in Kansas City. On February 1990, Carole Ann Marie Gist became the first black woman to win the Miss USA title and it made headlines around the world. Debbye Turner was Miss America that year and Renee Tenison had become Playboy Playmate of the Year. USA today labeled the achievements the year of triumph for black women in pageants and fashion. Carole paved the way for black women to follow in her footsteps. I'm grateful to have been a part of her journey and black history.

Replies:
Subject: Who is the new Florida director, and thoughts?

Author:
Florida Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:45 02/23/17 Thu

We liked the Gravitts..

Replies:
Subject: Who is your Top 15 for Miss USA 2017

Author:
da ba dee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:29:41 02/12/17 Sun

Okay, boys and girls. It's that time of year again.

What will it take to win Miss USA this year?

The girl who was fat?

The girl who save orphans from a burning building?

The girl who wears a diabeetus pump on her while in swimsuit?

The girl who used to be traded on the sex trade in Bangkok and escaped to the US?

Or the girl with no story at all who is actually beautiful?

Replies:
Subject: Can we talk about the winning gown. One of my faves in history I must say.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:49 01/31/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: WATCH: Sherri Hill Fashion Show- Iris and Deshuana

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:34:41 02/14/17 Tue

A post shared by powerhousePH (@powerhouseph_) on

Last edited by author: Tue February 14, 2017 02:35:14   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Whoever the moderator is of this board: please do not be biased towards certain contestants you like and you don't like. If there is drama or an argument starting, DELETE THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION. Not just the opinion you don't want to hear. Let's not turn this board into the Miss America board.

Author:
Please, ok, thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:20 02/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Long Face

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:31 02/20/17 Mon

What is this new fashion for long-faced beauty queens? We had Dayana Mendoza, then Olivia Jordan (when you had to practically scroll down through her portrait pictures), and now Iris. I mean, if you have big nose or crooked teeth, you're not exactly winning a beauty pageant any time soon. However, if you have long face - no issue. WTF?

Replies:
Subject: Any thoughts on Alaska?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:33 02/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Rank the BIG 4 queens. No explanation. Just rank it.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:55:11 02/04/17 Sat

Miss Earth/Miss International/Miss Universe/Miss World

since everyone is bitchin'. Here's an updated grid.

Last edited by author: Sun February 05, 2017 15:44:03   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe: Less Latin American influence from now on?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:14 02/10/17 Fri

As you noticed, the last two Miss Universes, Pia and Iris were from outside of Latin American countries.

IMG took over before Pia was crowned. IMG is associated with Fox for Miss Universe/Miss USA. Fox *sister* Hispanic channel, Azteca, does not have nowhere near as many viewers as Telemundo or Univision. On top of that, Azetca, based in California, is overwhelmingly geared towards Mexican Americans, as opposed to Telemundo, being East Coast based and catering to Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans and Colombians more than to the Mexican American audience.
This year, we had 4 Hispanic semi-finalists out of 13. I noticed Mexico (likely due to Azteca) made it twice in a row, though this year's delegate was very strong too. But Puerto Rico failed to make the cut both years IMG was the owner.

Obviously, the Latin American influence will never be totally discounted, as a significant percentage of the US audience in ratings for Miss Universe are Hispanics. At the same time, IMG and Fox are not held hostage to Telemundo and whatever the Latin American market wants.

With the emergence of the South Asian market, Philippnes, but also Indonesia and Thailand and more. There is a certain counterbalance to Latin American dominance, which in my view, was fake and did not refluence in quality of their delegates from the late Trump took over until the IMG buyout. It was more of a trick to keep everyone happy and to attract audience than a reflection of reality in pageants.

For the first time in 20 years, I can say that I could envision three Misses Universe in a row, if not more... from outside of Latin American countries. And that is the way, it should be!

Replies:
Subject:  photo 5_zpsavw2gwsg.jpg

Author:
Sxoxo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:40 02/18/17 Sat

I already posted this shot on the FB group but I'm posting it here becasue I don't think all of you are over there and I still have hope that this board can be fun again and get back to supporting ALL the titlehodlers! So here is your Miss Nevada USA's crowning shot by Oscar Picazo! If you have others of other girls please post them and let's get a fun thread going of all the girls now that they are crowned!

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to Brittany Bell (former Miss AZ USA/Miss GUAM) who gave birth to Nick Cannon's baby yesterday!

Author:
GURU
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:24 02/23/17 Thu

They named their son Golden

Replies:
Subject: MUO TRIO.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:13 02/16/17 Thu

A post shared by BestimageUSA (@bestimageusa) on

Last edited by author: Thu February 16, 2017 22:38:00   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Top Teens??

Author:
Hoping this year's winner is moreo of a Katherine and less of a Karly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:28 02/22/17 Wed

We now have our completed class of 2017 teens! Any favs? I'm personally loving CA,LA,HI,NV,VA

Replies:
Subject: Different contestant intros

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:36:46 02/18/17 Sat

I've never seen a contestant intro quite like this & I'm curious what you all think about it.
It's rather "non-pageanty" (in a good way), you get some of the local taste of the venue area, and you see the contestants names without having to get a headache from everyone SCREAMING their countries names (which I've grown to hate).
I would not be upset at all if IMG did something like this in the future.

Replies:
Subject: dresig modestly

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:01 02/20/17 Mon

I got a e mail today from Kristen Daltons blog+. She had a online video with Alyssa Campanella and they spoke about dressing modestly as opposed to dressing for others which they admitted to doing when they competed. Alyssa said she thought it was sexier to dress modestly because it left something to the imagination. As I thought about some of the gowns worn for competition I thought it would be nice if more pageant contestants dressed modestly.
What do you think?

Replies:
Subject: WATCH: Miss France Team's reaction when Iris was called as Miss Universe (Video #4)

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:07 02/14/17 Tue

A post shared by ASHH 💐 LOOVE (@ashhloove) on

Last edited by author: Tue February 14, 2017 18:38:42   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Colombia 2017

Author:
ECRTZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:48 02/21/17 Tue

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://portadabcmb.blogspot.com/2017/02/21feb2017.html">http://portadabcmb.blogspot.com/2017/02/21feb2017.html</a>

Replies:
Subject: Which system do the more modern, liberals girls go to?

Author:
Clare
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:47 02/16/17 Thu

I have been trying to decide which system is more well suited to me and prepare myself. One consideration is that I would want to participate in contests where I could bond with contestants and directors who are more modern and broad-minded. I'm not of a traditional, conservative mindset and would find it hard to bond with such women, or be in a system that prefers such women.

I've spoken to two former pageant contestants who both told me that Miss USA is the system for me because conservative women usually go to Miss America, and that the org itself has usually preferred conservative women. Is this true?

Replies:
Subject: SINCe one one asked...

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:54 02/16/17 Thu

Names/profile links are here: http://www.pageantupdate.info/miss-usa-2017-delegate-profiles.html

Profiles are in need of updating, but I'm concentrating on getting the titleholder history & state results sections sorted first. Profiles will be started soon!
State titleholder histories http://www.pageantupdate.info/state-titleholder-history.html

State pageant results (back to at least 2000 for each state, and with as many historical top five pics as I can find): http://www.pageantupdate.info/state-pageant-results.html

Last edited by author: Thu February 16, 2017 08:41:13   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Anyone have a picture of the class of teens for this year? Let's get those up.

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:38 02/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: MISS NEW MEXICO & TEEN results!!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:51:16 01/29/17 Sun

Teen:
Photogenic- Ariana Bustos
Active Wear- McKenna Ballard

4th- Devin Wilson
3rd- Ariana Bustos
2nd- McKenna Ballard
1st- Madison Turner
NMTUSA- Kalina Hamilton

Miss:
Photogenic- Victoria Sinclair
SS- Vanessa Hernandez

4th- Vanessa Hernandez
3rd- Sarah Joyner
2nd- Morgan Reeves
1st- Victoria Sinclair
NMUSA- Ashley Mora

Replies:
Subject: Enough.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:14:46 02/10/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Wed February 15, 2017 20:54:01   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Mr. USB 2017 is HERE!

Author:
USBModStacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:03 02/20/17 Mon

The time is NOW

Submit your nominations to the Contact the ModSquad button above of who you believe would be a fantastic representative of the board!

Nominations will be accepted until March 1, 2017!

Last edited by author: Mon February 20, 2017 17:48:59   Edited 2 times.

Subject: Age extension for girls born in 1989, only one of of 51 girls benitted from it.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:49 02/18/17 Sat

And she was a newbie... Alyssa London from Alaska!

She is the only one born in 1989 (unless she was born between the 1st of January and the 4th of February 1990, that... I do not know). If she is born between the 5th of February at the date of the finale, we will see the first ever contestant that is 28 on the Miss USA stage!

Both Katie Coble and Olga Litvinenko are born in 1990 and they will be 27 at the age of the pageant. But both would have been eligible for one more season, had they not won in the 2016-17 season.

From what I remember, the closest to win from girls born in 1989 that benefited from this one year of extension is ironically Barbara Falcon (TX). Barbie would have been such a great addition to the roster, but I warmed up to the current Miss TX USA, who is very telegenic.

By the way, does any know/remember if the one year extension also applied to Miss Universe delegates. The January roster had 6 contestants that were 27, none that was 28. But it may also be due to the fact that most were crowned/appointed before the rule was changed in August 2016.

Replies:
Subject: February 17, 1987

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:10 02/17/17 Fri

30 years ago tonight in Albuquerque, NM, Michelle Royer became the third consecutive Miss Texas USA (and fourth overall) to win Miss USA.

Full video: <a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82jZzHW__o">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82jZzHW__o</a>

1987 was the first Miss USA held in February and the last Miss USA hosted by Bob Barker.

Replies:
Subject: I Love Clothide Cabrera tonight! "Clo Cabrera, Tampa Florida!" I love her!

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:33:19 02/18/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:53 02/17/17 Fri

30 Years Ago Tonight - Tuesday, February 17, 1987 - The Land Of Enchantment, USA - MISS USA 1987!

Last edited by author: Sat February 18, 2017 02:26:21   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: I hate to dig up the grave again, but does it look like to some Canada has already lost weight since the pageant? She posted a photo recently and she looked thinner than she did. It's so weird, she QUICKLY went from thin>heavy>thin.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:41 02/16/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: I'll be right back.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:59 02/16/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: For all those who love watching pageant documentaries....

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:27 02/16/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: WATCH: French Documentary of Iris Mittenaere's Journey to Miss Universe (Sorry No Translation)

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:14 02/05/17 Sun

*CLICK*

Last edited by author: Sun February 05, 2017 17:50:09   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: Trio

Author:
Linda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:54 02/16/17 Thu

So good to see the trio in NYC. They are a great trio.

Subject: Can anyone confirm the date and location on Miss USA being in LA on the 7th of May

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:02 02/16/17 Thu

Subject: miss universe program books

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:05 02/13/17 Mon

I happened on a program book for Miss Universe on ebay. The seller stated they were not on sale in the Philippines, . I do not think he said where he got the book but I did see Pia's photo shoot for the book. It seems strange that they would put all the $$ into the book and not have them available to sell. What is with this anyway? what do you have to do to get a book? I was looking for usa or teen)

Replies:
Subject: I love Miss Arizona. She has been a breath of fresh air in the pageant world and I love it! I am also loving Georgia's look. She will be one to watch. Who are your favorites for Miss USA?

Author:
hardkori
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:47 02/15/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: And then there will be that girl that will come out from nowhere.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:25 01/16/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA date and location

Author:
Poppy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:15 02/15/17 Wed

Miss USA 2017 will be May 7 in Los Angeles at Shrine Auditorium.

Replies:
Subject: MUO Trio
imageimage image

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:16:49 02/14/17 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue February 14, 2017 20:00:11   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Where do you think Miss USA 2017 will be held? Boring Las Vegas or another new, fresh location?

Author:
Lo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:58 02/10/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Any of these Runner up beauties should apply for Miss 52. Who is your favorite? I have: AL-Taylor Jones, 3rd RU; DC -Bryson Armstrong, 3rd RU; GA- Erin O'Sullivan, 4th RU; KS- Alyssa Klinzing, 3rd RU; LA- Tanya Crowe, 4th RU; MD - Kathleen Marek 4th RU and Galiene. Gilmer, 2nd RU; NJ - Brittany Netta, 4th RU; NC - Victoria Vesce., 1st RU; PA- Madison Longsteth, 3rd RU; SC- Callie Martin, 1st RU; SD- Alexis Rupp, and TN- Brandi Haralson, 2nd RU and Hannah Seuss, 4th RU;

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:55:49 02/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Most underrated teens & misses in each state?

Author:
Lots
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:19:07 02/15/17 Wed

Subject: Is pageantnews.com voting poll for Miss USA real??

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:57 02/15/17 Wed

Subject: Enough.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:46:58 02/01/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 15, 2017 20:55:52   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: What's with Maine wearing the same outfit to 2 different events yesterday? Come on, Clemente's, hook your girl up with some wardrobe.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:28 02/14/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: IF there had been the traditional top 16 at this year's Miss Universe.... who would you added to round out the top 16 (which 3 would you add...)? I would have added Ukraine, Australia and Iceland. Still not feeling Venezuela though

Author:
top16 fantasy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:22 02/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: FYI Miss Utah USA 2017

Author:
viewer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:42 02/14/17 Tue

Baylee Jensen Miss Utah 2017 is the Daughter of Miss USA 1989 Gretchen Polhemus

Replies:
Subject: How do you post a picture

Author:
Help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:43 02/14/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:13 02/09/17 Thu

TBT - THE MISS USA 1997 PAGEANT TURNS 20 - FEBRUARY 5 - SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

Replies:
Subject: Why isn't karlie living in NYC? I thought teen had to move?

Author:
Mods delete if this has been discussed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:17 02/10/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe at NY Fashion Week 2017
image image
imageimage

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:03:38 02/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: <3

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:52 02/12/17 Sun

A video posted by ASHH 💐 LOOVE (@ashhloove) on

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland USA

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:42 02/12/17 Sun

Not sure how to embed this, but take a look at this video...MD USA is quite impressive!

http://www.wusa9.com/entertainment/television/programs/great-day-washington/the-kidney-project-with-miss-md-usa/392509058

Replies:
Subject: SNAP CHAT: TOTAL FRAT MOVE....see a whole lot more of the 2016 titleholders!

Author:
lala land
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:17:26 02/13/17 Mon

SNAP CHAT

TOTAL FRAT MOVE

SEE A LOT OF THE 2016 SHOW THEIR TRUE COLORS WHEN THEY DON'T WIN.

THEY ARE GETTING ON TOP OF EACH OTHER AND PRETENDING TO LICK EACH OTHER FOR 22 YEAR OLD BOYS

"MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFE TIME"

😆😆😆😆

Replies:
Subject: Watch: Miss Universe doing media rounds #dropdeadgorgeous

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:55 02/06/17 Mon

Kelly: "you're the most deserving miss universe"

Last edited by author: Mon February 06, 2017 14:41:46   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Denmark FIRED after returning from Miss Universe!

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:25 02/03/17 Fri

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://nyheder.tv2.dk/2017-02-03-miss-universe-danmark-faar-frataget-sin-titel-fik-beskeden-lige-inden-hun-skulle-paa-tv">http://nyheder.tv2.dk/2017-02-03-miss-universe-danmark-faar-frataget-sin-titel-fik-beskeden-lige-inden-hun-skulle-paa-tv</a>

Replies:
Subject: Irresistable Iris: More Miss Universe interviews

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:52:43 02/08/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 08, 2017 04:37:00   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: Is RED becoming a Miss USA tradition??

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:30 02/10/17 Fri

Ever since Olivia won in her red gown, all our Miss USAs have worn red at Miss Universe preliminaries!! Everyone except Olivia Jordan wore red in the finals!! Is red becoming a tradition for Miss USA?? If so, I hope this years Miss USA wears red too at Universe because red is considered the color of regality just like yellow is the color of joy.

Interestingly, prior to Olivia's win, Rima also wore red so Miss USA has wore red in the preliminaries 6 out of the last 7 years!! Prior to that, the most recent Miss USA to wear red was Chelsi Smith! We all know she went on to win Miss Universe!

Last edited by author: Sun February 12, 2017 14:10:41   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2016 Review with #OliNia

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:26 02/06/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Our Gorgeous Miss Universe in NY!!
imageimage imageimage

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:21 02/06/17 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon February 06, 2017 22:30:20   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Le Queens

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:53:23 02/09/17 Thu

A photo posted by ASHH 💐 LOOVE (@ashhloove) on

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:11 02/11/17 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat February 11, 2017 20:13:49   Edited 1 time.

Subject: I think she is a DMV girl, but not DMVgirl herself.

Author:
She says she placed so...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:49 02/11/17 Sat

Subject: Raquel Pelissier Miss Universe 1st Runner Up - A Homecoming

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:15 02/06/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does everyone agree that we need to get a big message heard by the Miss Universe system so that the same issue isn't repeated in the Miss USA pageant when shown? That gripe is this: please, please give each contestant their individual time on stage in evening gown and swimsuit during the final nationally televised show. The Miss Universe Pageant was three hours of everything but the girls actual competition. I timed their competition time down to an appauling 2 minutes in EG and 2 minutes in SS out of three hours of commercials, Steve Harvey Jokes, and everything else but what the Pageant is really about. These young ladies spend too much time working towards this dream and deserve the necessary time to influence a judges opinion fairly.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:44 02/06/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Deshauna’s placement is consistent with other USA winners who finished as semi-finalists such as Loughery, Johnson, Ozers, Dascomb, McDonald, Tomes, Marketic and Brady. Knowing Deshauna did not place any lower than 9th, she placed higher than Seelbrede-10th, Shanley-10th, and Laura Martínez-Herring-9th (Tie?) as well as Castillo and Campanella who did not advance out of the Top 15. And of course, she placed higher than the four USA’s that did not make the SF cut at all.

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:50 01/31/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: I was rewatching parts of the 2014 Miss Universe Preliminary Competition, and was curious as to what all that booing was about in the audience after the parade of countries were just completed? Does anybody know why?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:08 02/09/17 Thu

Subject: I'm so confused. Studying heights of contestants and IRIS claims to be the same heigh as Columbia t which is 5 foot 8 inches. Columbia is clearly several inches taller. These numbers come from the official Universe website. Then Thialand says she is 5 foot 7 and is much smaller than all the other ladies. The only person not lying about height is a Steve Harvey at 6 ft 2 inches. Assuming they are all wearingv5 1/2 inch heals, the sponsored shoes, it's clear that the fires are lying. Haiti is 5 ft 9 and towering over the other in the top 6 and top 3 picks. What gives? Are the girls lying about their heights? Is this common? How many inches do they lie about and has anyone ever been caught and gotten in any trouble?

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:30 02/07/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: They sent a gown color memo?

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:51 02/02/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Just only one week into Iris' reign as Miss Universe, and I already feel she is boring AF. Am I the only one who feels this? I know it's only been a short time but I can usually tell early on if I like the winner.

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:26 02/06/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Original Miss Universe 1952 Placements and the # of Wins Each Country Had Won (To Date)

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:58:33 02/07/17 Tue

Finland - 1952, 1975
Hawaii - 1962, 1972, 1978 (USA) and 1997 (Universe)
Greece - 1964
Hong Kong - None
Germany - 1960
Mexico - 1991, 2010
South Africa - 1978
Sweden - 1955, 1966, 1984
Uruguay - None
USA - 1954, 1956, 1960, 1967, 1980, 1995, 1997, 2012

So only two countries from the original Miss Universe 1952 placements have not won - Hong Kong (China) and Uruguay.

The only year all the Miss Universe placements (Philippines, USA, Norway, Spain, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Greece, India, Japan, and Lebanon)have won Miss Universe is 1973. This happened in 1994 with India winning Miss Universe for the first time.

Replies:
Subject: Dynamic Duo.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:01 01/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Teen USA Crossovers

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:20 02/05/17 Sun

Now that the Miss USA 2017 roster is complete, it's time for some number crunching :)

Miss USA 2017 will have 8 former Teens returning:
Arryn Johnson (AR) - Top 15 @ Teen USA 2015
Olga Litvinenko (CT) - Unplaced @ Teen USA 2007
Mia Jones (DE) - Top 15 @ Teen USA 2014
Jasmine Fuelberth (NE) - Unplaced @ Teen USA 2013
Katie Coble (NC) - 2nd RU @ Teen USA 2007
Madison Cota (VT) - Unplaced @ Teen USA 2014
Jacqueline Carroll (VA) - Top 15 @ Teen USA 2010
Alex Carlson-Helo (WA) Unplaced @ Teen USA 2012

2017 has a little over half the number of former Teens compared to 2016's record breaking 15 former Teens. Perhaps there was former Teen fatigue during the 2017 state pageants.

A return of 8 former Teens is about the middle of the pack when compared to previous Miss USA classes. Listed below are the number of former Teens in Miss USA classes from 1984-2017:
15: 2016
12: 2014
11: 2007
10: 1993, 1998-2000, 2003, 2013
9: 1996, 2009-2011, 2015
8: 1995, 1997, 2002, 2012, 2017
6: 2004-2006
5: 2001, 2008
4: 1989, 1991, 1994
3: 1987, 1990, 1992
2: 1984, 1988
1: 1985
0: 1986

I also compiled the number of returns to Miss USA in Miss Teen USA classes from 1983-2015:
12: 2008, 2009
11: 2010
10: 1991, 1993, 2002, 2006
9: 1990, 1992, 1998, 2003, 2004
8: 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000
7: 1987, 1988, 2011
6: 2001, 2007, 2013
5: 1984-1986, 2005
4: 1983, 1989
3: 2014
2: 1996, 2012
1: 2015

Since 1989 was the earliest birth year for Miss USA 2017, we can add 2004 to the Teen classes that have aged out entirely, and 2008 to the Teen classes that have delegates aging out. The majority of 2005 and 2006 have aged out and a good number of 2007 have also aged out.

Replies:
Subject: DON'T EXPECT MISS UNIVERSE CONTESTANTS TO SPEAK ENGLISH

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:21:39 02/06/17 Mon

This has bothered me for decades. How American's think that if you don't speak english you are not intelligent, and God forbid not be Miss Universe.

In the world, according to wikipedia 1.8 billion, out of 6.7 billion people... so 27%? Not a very accurate answer, for a not so smart question.....speak English.

Now our First Lady Milania Trump speaks 5 languages. How many languages do you speak?

Replies:
Subject: "IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, DO NOT FIX IT!"

Author:
CrownedKing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:25 02/07/17 Tue

Happy Tuesday, all! What are some "fixings" that have occurred within the Miss Universe Organization that you feel didn't need any repairing to begin with? This could include format and production changes (at the international, national or state level), old traditions that you would love to see make a return, etc. This is in no way a thread meant for bashing of the MUO, I simply intend for us to have a harmless discussion and to reminisce on what this organization once was lol let's talk below....

Last edited by author: Tue February 07, 2017 12:35:30   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Olivia the state hopper

Author:
noname
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:08 02/07/17 Tue

So today on Instagram O Jo says how two years ago she was living in LA with Nadia Mejia and they spent Valentine's day together. Cute. Girlfriend forgot she was supposed to live with mum and dad in Oklahoma at that period.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2017 Iris Mittenaere Chats with Arthur Kade

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:30:14 02/07/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: The Miss USA Class of 2017 is now complete!

Author:
Yay!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:18 02/05/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Residency requirements for teens? As a college Freshman in the fall in another state can a girl compete? Or does she need to just compete in her home state?

Author:
Decisions
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:17 02/04/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: MISS FRANCE: NOT THE CHOICE OF THE JUDGES PANEL YET WON THE CROWN BY BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC VOTE

Author:
Facebook Freddie fishing for Feedback
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:37 02/02/17 Thu

Hello! I was doing a little internet research on the Miss France Pageant & I happened across an item that said Iris wasn't the pick of the judges' panel but won via the added public vote. Does anyone know about this? The article detailed the top finishers in the various competitions & Iris was bubbling near the top. Yet I gleaned the gist of the article was Iris was pushed to the top by the public phone-in.

Replies:
Subject: Mary Esther Were, Miss Kenya Interview

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:49 02/05/17 Sun

Last edited by author: Mon February 06, 2017 06:49:44   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: WATCH: Sushmita Sen’s expression when she meets her namesakes in the Philippines is priceless.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:30:14 02/03/17 Fri

A video posted by @filipinas.pageant on

Last edited by author: Fri February 03, 2017 21:34:36   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Since the post about Deshauna's placement gathered some steam, I'm going to post another question. What USA rep at Universe do you absolutely agree on their final placement? I'll go first, I agree with Didi Anstett's 4RU placement in 1968. Others?

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:05 02/05/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Alaska USA 2017

Author:
Alessa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:24 02/04/17 Sat

Miss Contestants that I know of so far:

Jessica DeBano
Brooke Johnson
Brandy Kellner
Alyssa London
Denali Whiting

Teen Contestants that I know of so far:

Tana Bartels
Emilye Grace Williams

Do you know who else is competing? Alaska seriously needs a new director and needs to step up their coverage

Replies:
Subject: When does Iris start making the media rounds?

Author:
STARSHINER!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:12 02/04/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Any updates on who will get the Florida USA franchise this year?? The current directors continue to crown girls for 2018 ! how can this be ? the prelims in florida have gone way down in quality of contestants and participation...like rearringing deck chairs on the Titianic. Between the Gensis drama and the teen titlholder (very questionable results)...many girls are staying away. please hurry up Miss universe org and make a decision !!

Author:
head scratcher.... SOS from FLORIDA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:50 02/05/17 Sun

Subject: Miss Universe elimination music

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:13:35 02/05/17 Sun

Hey all, Global Beauties said the competition background music is free music found on YouTube. Did anybody find it yet? Anybody knows if the elimination music can be found on YouTube?

Subject:

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:25 02/04/17 Sat

My Time as a Miss Universe Judge

MANILA — It was a balmy evening in Hanover Park, Ill., and I was so giddy with excitement I couldn’t sleep. It was one of the biggest nights of the year: Bigger than the Oscars, bigger than the Super Bowl. It was the night they crowned Miss Universe 1973.
I have been obsessed with beauty pageants since I was 6 years old and watched Miss Philippines win the crown. For me, they are the entertainment and glamour equivalent of the United Nations. Every country is equal, and every country is celebrated.

So when I was invited, 44 years later and as the editorial director of Paper magazine, to be a judge at the 65th Miss Universe pageant in Manila (the country was hosting the pageant for the third time, having also welcomed the event in 1974 and 1994), I not only was deliriously excited, but also felt I had finally arrived.

Perhaps as a result, I overpacked — my suitcase was crammed with Lanvin, Ashish and L’Wren Scott sparkle tops, an Ashish black-sequined track suit and a J Crew classic tuxedo in case I had to be mildly dignified — but I felt I needed options. I arrived at Ninoy Aquino International Airport, which somehow reminded me of San Diego, on Jan. 28. Waiting was a luxury coach emblazoned with the Miss Universe logo and the words “Confidently Beautiful” that would ferry me to the Mall of Asia Arena, where I was coached in operating the electronic voting machine along with the rest of the judging panel: Cynthia Bailey, model turned Real Housewife of Atlanta; Francine LeFrak, a film and theater producer with a jewelry company called Same Sky that employs women artisans around the world; and three former Miss Universe winners.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/fashion/miss-universe-judge-mickey-boardman.html?_r=0

Replies:
Subject: As part of the tradition, here's the fierce doll herself for y'all

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:41 02/01/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: So happy Canada got the last laugh!!!

Author:
Proud pageant fan today
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:11 02/02/17 Thu

She made it, looked stunning and guess what? To all the haters get ready to see more curvy plus sized women advance!!

We'll hopefully being seeing curvy sexy women win their state titles now. We're not going anywhere, we're proud of our curves and REAL women have them. Most men aren't attracted to those skinny beauty queens who win. And the new ideal body is like Canadas so get used to it. A size 0 isn't even 1% of the population so why should it represent women in a title that is meant to represent women?!

Replies:
Subject: Iris' boyfriend is 25 year old dentist, Mathieu Declercq.

They make a great couple!

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:39:57 02/01/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 01, 2017 02:48:38   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have ambnia o their list. She is overlooked

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:02:47 01/27/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: The Results are In!!!

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:24:29 02/03/17 Fri

On Sunday, January 29, France won Miss Universe for the first time since 1953, and 12 pageant predictors earned 30 or more points in the 2017 Miss Universe predictions competition.
Find out who they are by visiting: <a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.pageantpredictions.com/2016missuniverse.htm">http://www.pageantpredictions.com/2016missuniverse.htm</a>

Out of the 117 people who submitted their predictions for Miss Universe, only 10 correctly guessed that France would take the crown: posa2000, Athalia, MSgal, I Heart Pageants (IHP), Pikachu, DUDA, Salso, arianafan, NeSoDak, and Angel.

Based on Pageant Predictions participants, the runaway winner was Miss Brazil, as 28 predictors anticipated a Brazilian victory.

As usual, I took the liberty of scoring the results of USB’s Mock Miss Universe competition. Collectively, USB would have earned a total of 27 points, tying for 27th place.
As the final MUO pageant of the season, these scores have been added to the ones from Miss USA and Miss Teen USA, completing the 2016 Predictor of the Year competition. To see who came out on top and claimed this year’s coveted title (not to mention a pretty impressive trophy and some serious bragging rights), visit: <a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.pageantpredictions.com/2016finalstandings.htm">http://www.pageantpredictions.com/2016finalstandings.htm</a>

Once again, thanks to all of you for participating. As always, I had an absolute blast orchestrating the competition, and I hope you all enjoyed it as well. I can’t wait to start all over again in 2017!

MoNkayMaN - Pageant Predictions
<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.pageantpredictions.com/">http://www.pageantpredictions.com/</a>

Replies:
Subject: The Best of the Big 4 2016

Author:
HCF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:10 02/02/17 Thu

I thought Kenya World should be higher on the list. And for the first time ever, Venezuela only made the semi's in 1/4 pageants! Also I thought Deshauna should have been there, she rocked that Evening gown!

Replies:
Subject: Venezuela

Author:
Disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:20 01/30/17 Mon

I watched this girl the entire time the Top 13 was announced, and I literally felt sorry for her. She had her head down and her hands behind her back the whole time. After Thailand was called, you can see Austria step over to VZ to console her. The gown she wore during crowning was down right appalling. It looked like something Dolly Parton would have worn in the 80s. Was Osmel just throwing up his middle finger this year? I'm certainly not saying she should have been a finalist this year, but what he did to this young lady was just an injustice.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe at US and French Embassies in Manila
US Embassy:image image
French Embassy

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:07 02/02/17 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu February 02, 2017 03:16:02   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Sunday's Super Bowl has connections to at least 4 titleholders. Leila Lopes' husband plays for the Falcons, Olivia Culpo's boyfriend & Marissa Powell's husband plays for the Patriots & current Miss Massachusetts USA is a Pats' cheerleader.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:50:27 02/03/17 Fri

Subject: Who else had Thailand in their top 3???? I admire her resolve. She was up there as a Thai woman. She had probably figured out early on she will not take home the crown and might as well just pay homage to her grieving Kingdom. From the black dress to her answer. She knew her answer will not appeal to the entirety but she had to say it. She'll return a hero I reckon.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:38:25 02/01/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 01, 2017 03:40:32   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: ISO: pageant coach

Author:
Ashley Brown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:35:14 02/02/17 Thu

I really need a pageant coach. I'm tired of not placing and I don't know where to even start or where to find a coach. I've competed in two local prelims and can't seem to do better or even advance. I've got good stage presence and confidence but onstage interview/questions is my least favorite part of competition and I want to make sure I get it right the third time around. Even if I don't win I'd like to see an improvement in placement. Any recommendations on coaches?

Replies:
Subject: Another opinion on the Canada controversy

Author:
HNJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:24 02/02/17 Thu

I see a lot of people posting their opinions and wanted to throw in my two cents.

1) Saying Canada is fat is inaccurate. She's not a size 0, I would guess a 6-8, which is still below average. But no, she wasn't in shape. I've seen larger women who are toned and whose bodies show considerable muscle and strength, that they've been in the gym a lot. There's a difference between being bigger and being out of shape.

2) I think that pageants do need to be more accepting of different body types, but as I stated above, you can tell when someone has put work into their figure. If there's a curvy woman who is in shape, by all means come in and kill it! Curves are very sexy.

3) You can think that pageants need curvy women without saying that's what REAL women look like. Believe it or not, all of those rail-thin models and queens you see ARE real women. There are people who look like that. They're real. As a very thin woman, I don't think it needs to be one way or the other. There can be beautiful size 0 or 2 contestants and beautiful women competing who are an 8 or 10 or 12 or beyond.

4) Having Canada spread a body positive message is a bit double edged. On one hand, she got into the Top 9 and her message was well received by the general population. However, she is not a story of a full-figured woman who won her national title and made it to Miss Universe. She's not naturally built that way. She won her title when she was very slender, so it's not a matter of "see, I look like this and won!" It's "I won, gained weight, and spun an angle on it so I could advance."

Overall, I would love to see curvy women compete nationally and internationally, but I want their bodies to reflect the same sort of fitness as the current skinny minnies. I feel that swimsuit is an opportunity to show the work you've put into your figure and your fitness level-- not just how skinny you are! But have muscle tone, show that you've been working out even if that doesn't mean you're a size 0.

Replies:
Subject: Seems Miss Supranational is the only high-tiered contest remaining as a true "beauty pageant"? Universe is turning to Miss America of the World. MIss World is beauty with a purpose crap. Earth is eco warrior stuff. International is all about cultural understanding.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:58 02/01/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: This is the universe sending out a message.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:59 02/02/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: In a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Pia's reign?

Author:
Jeffrey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:02 01/31/17 Tue

And btw, congrats to our new and beautiful European Miss Universe, Iris. I'm sure she'll be an amazing Miss Universe as well.

Replies:
Subject: Gabriela Isler telling her beloved country of Venezuela that the Universe has changed.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:01 01/31/17 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue January 31, 2017 22:11:23   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Former State Titleholder News

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:37 02/02/17 Thu

Myla Dalbesio (WI Teen USA 2004) will be appearing in the upcoming Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/01/25/si-swimsuit-2017-rookie-reveal-myla-dalbesio">http://www.si.com/swim-daily/2017/01/25/si-swimsuit-2017-rookie-reveal-myla-dalbesio</a>

Subject: Our Universal Ingenue.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:44 02/02/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: In an interview with LaParisienne, Sylvie Tellier said Maestro Osmel Souza had a hand in Iris Mittenaere's winning the crown.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:50 01/31/17 Tue

Comment Iris Mittenaere a remporté le concours de Miss Univers

by: Michael Zoltobroda|31 janvier 2017, 8h58

oncours.Iris Mittenaere est la première Miss Univers française depuis 1953. Elle a dû éviter bien des pièges. Coulisses d'une élection où tous les coups sont permis.

«Avec Iris, on a bu du champagne et mangé du fromage », sourit Sylvie Tellier. Voilà comment la présidente de la société Miss France a fêté le couronnement d'Iris Mittenaere (24 ans depuis mercredi), élue Miss Univers dans la nuit de dimanche à lundi. Un moment d'euphorie partagé avec Matthieu, son petit ami, sa mère Laurence et Alicia Aylies, Miss France 2017, qui ont fait le déplacement jusqu'à Manille (Philippines). Depuis 1953 et le sacre de Christiane Martel, la France n'avait pas décroché une telle couronne. La même année, une autre Française, Denise Perrier, était devenue Miss Monde. Deux reines puis plus rien. « Devenir Miss Univers, c'était vraiment le rêve d'Iris, confie Sylvie Tellier. Elle me l'avait dit dès qu'elle a été élue Miss France. Nous, on savait qu'elle allait remporter le titre. C'est une guerrière. »

Plus de six mois qu'Iris Mittenaere, étudiante en chirurgie dentaire à Lille, s'y préparait. Au programme : bachotage de l'actu internationale, cours de coiffure, de maquillage et de stylisme. « Iris a appris à faire le show à l'américaine, comme sur un défilé de Victoria's Secret, assure son coach Arnaud Sol Dourdin. Elle n'a rien laissé au hasard. » En coulisses, la lauréate, passée par des moments de doute, a pu compter sur le soutien de Camille Cerf, Miss France 2015 : « Iris n'était pas prête à vendre sa mère comme d'autres qui faisaient tout pour se faire remarquer. Sans parler des coups bas. Certaines filles sont un peu garces. Trois jours avant l'élection, Miss Venezuela l'a filmée en train de déjeuner, par exemple. » Une autre candidate lui a collé un chewing-gum sur sa chaise. Elle a aussi retrouvé son téléphone portable dans un sac qui n'était pas le sien.

EN IMAGES. L'ex-Miss France Iris Mittenaere décroche l'Univers

LANCER LE DIAPORAMA

Mobilisation sur le Web

Bonne copine, Camille Cerf twittait à sa place pour « mobiliser un maximum de personnes » le soir de l'élection, avec la complicité de personnalités influentes sur les réseaux sociaux, comme le juré de « Danse avec les stars » Jean-Marc Généreux, ou l'animateur de TF 1 Christophe Beaugrand. Iris Mittenaere peut aussi remercier Flora Coquerel, Miss France 2014 : « Je lui ai conseillé de faire ses discours en français. Avec la traduction, ça laisse du temps pour réfléchir à la réponse. Et c'est plus facile de s'exprimer dans sa langue. »

Mais l'aide la plus précieuse vient sans doute de Sylvie Tellier, qui oeuvre depuis une dizaine d'années pour faire rayonner Miss France. « Au début, les relations avec Miss Univers n'étaient pas les meilleures, raconte-t-elle. J'ai fait beaucoup de lobbying. J'allais voir les organisateurs avec des revues de presse des déplacements de nos Miss à l'étranger. J'ai rencontré mon homologue vénézuélien qui a remporté beaucoup de titres. Il m'a dit : Tu sais, les Françaises sont les plus belles femmes du monde. Il faut juste que tu en trouves qui aient envie de gagner. » Et Iris Mittenaere avait très envie de gagner.

http://www.leparisien.fr/laparisienne/miss-univers/comment-iris-mittenaere-a-remporte-le-concours-de-miss-univers-31-01-2017-6640908.php

Replies:
Subject: Reposting this pic of Iris cuz it's just my absolute fave.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:09 02/02/17 Thu

Subject: Iris' MU win is big news in France!!
imageimageimageimage
imageimage

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:41 02/01/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 01, 2017 18:19:42   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: why doesn't IMG get better interpreters?

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:47:39 02/01/17 Wed

I have read here that the interpreters messed up on Iris's answer ( and others) why can't good interpreters be found?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Philippines WTF answer

Author:
pinoy dreams
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:28 01/31/17 Tue

Question: What is the most significant change you've seen in the world in the last 10 years.

Miss Philippines' WTF Answer:
In the last ten years of being here in the world is that I saw all the people bringing in one event like this in Miss Universe and is something big to us that we are one. As one nation, we are all together.

Replies:
Subject: Olivia Caputo is now Miss Pasco County 2017 for MAO. I thought she was in Georgia and competed there for the USA system.

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:57 01/23/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss France is new Miss Universe!!Image and video hosting by TinyPictinypic.com?ref=11c62kh" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:50:24 01/30/17 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon January 30, 2017 01:54:08   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss U judge explains why Miss Venezuela didn't make the cut

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:14 01/31/17 Tue

MANILA – One of the judges of the 65th Miss Universe pageant shared her thoughts on why Miss Venezuela Mariam Habach, considered a frontrunner in the beauty contest, did not make it to the Top 13.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News’ Mario Dumaual and Dyan Castillejo, social entrepreneur Francine LeFrak said they thought Habach lacked confidence during the preliminary interviews.

“I found her to be a little less confident with the interview process,” she said.

Nevertheless, LeFrak said she finds Habach beautiful. “I mean, she is gorgeous!” she said.

LeFrak went on to explain why she likes the eventual winner of the pageant, Iris Mittenaere of France.

“She had a quiet strength about her. She wasn’t nervous, while the two others were quite nervous,” she said, referring to first runner-up Raquel Pelissier of Haiti and second runner-up Andrea Tovar of Colombia.

“She had a certain self-confidence that I thought demonstrated that ‘it’ quality,” she added.

Pageant fans and experts were shocked when Habach was not called in the Top 13 of the 65th Miss Universe pageant held in Manila on Monday. The Venezuelan beauty queen previously received a lot of positive comments for her outstanding performance in the preliminary competition.

Shortly after the competition, Habach took to social media to share her sentiments, saying in Spanish that the result was not what she expected as she has done her best throughout the competition.

Habach said she will continue to work hard toward her goals and expressed her gratitude to her Filipino and Venezuelan fans.

Replies:
Subject: MIS GEORGIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! SHE DESERVE TO BE AT LEAST IN THE TOP 6!!!!

Author:
Namsate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:44:55 01/30/17 Mon

Wateber

Replies:
Subject: Prettiest MIss U in a while! Wow!

Author:
Dman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:37 02/01/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: A CLASS ACT.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:26:51 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I have a feeling that the current Miss France will win Miss World

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:54 01/31/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss Colombia's Final Answer. For the life of me, I can't quite understand what she meant. Part of me, for some reason, questions whether or not Andrea was "coming out" during her answer. Is that possible? I just don't get that she didn't follow-up her statements by declaring that she felt remorse for being homophobic against someone else. Andrea is hardly incoherent. She nailed that Top 6 question. What was the deal with her final question????

Author:
Florida State Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:03:07 01/31/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Team France!! target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPictinypic.com?ref=a8od5" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:21:24 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.