VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles

Subject: Complete the sentence

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:27 05/18/20 Mon

Many pageant fans are not wild about [name], but I really like her.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Who are pageant contestants and winners (since 2000) that you find overhyped?

Author:
Sammy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:03 05/22/20 Fri

I thought I would play off the post below about pageant contestants who you really like but others are not wild about. I know this post has probably been made in the past, but let's make a fresh one only with pageant contestants/winner in the millennium.

Who are the pageant contestants and winners that you really dont like but just really dont get?
I'll go first- Olivia Jordan (SORRY!!). I think she is seems very fake. I couldn't stand that fake laugh she did with her mouth. I didn't think she was facially strong either. Now that I think of it, I'm really not overly fond of any Miss OK USA winner.

Replies:
Subject: Where Do You Think Miss Universe should be held

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:15 05/19/20 Tue

And.. should there be a new host? Then again Miss USA as well

Replies:
Subject: Miss Teen USA 2013

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:47 06/05/20 Fri

Does anyone know why the 2013 Miss Teen USA Pageant isn't allowed on YouTube in its entirety? I have found several others from the 2010s that have the full show.

Subject: Miss International 2020 postponed to October 2021

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:22 06/02/20 Tue

Will Miss Universe 2020 be next?

Replies:
Subject: Can someone on here explain better whatís going on in the country of Colombia right now...? Franchise and director trouble it appears? Apparently their stunning winner may not get to compete at Miss Universe this year and someone different will? To me, thatís be a shame if so, because I think she would have been a front runner for the title!!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:49 06/04/20 Thu

Subject: USB facebook group censorship

Author:
black queens matter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:12 06/02/20 Tue

I'm so disappointed in the Facebook group for USB. They have banned posting and commenting about the Black Lives Matter issues raised by pageant titleholders. Imagine if this was a White issue and you can see easy that this would never happen. I reported the group for racism but I don't think Mark Zukerburg will do anything about it. It's really sad what is happening there, and I hope everyone will stop participating there if you do go there already.

Replies:
Subject: Can you name a favorite pageant, winner, contestant, venue, stage setting, etc? I want hear from everyone, but especially those who watched pageants from the 1960ís forward. I will start: Most simple and most grand setting: MU 1973, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Yours?

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:01 06/03/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: WHO CONFIRMS THIS INFORMATION NEXT PAGES To be celebrated in the Hilton Houston Post Oak hotel MISS TEXAS TEEN USAģ - NOVEMBER 27-29, 2020 MISS TEXAS USAģ - JANUARY 8-10, 2021

Author:
onasis (tEXAS 2021)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:57 05/30/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: So we are getting 2020 pageants?

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:22 04/24/20 Fri

Is it true that Miss USA and Miss Teen USA will take place around Labor Day weekend in an unconfirmed location. Hopefully, Covid 19 will no longer be an issue but I doubt it will be back to normal in September.

Replies:
Subject: Dominican Republic @ MU

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:06 05/21/20 Thu

If there is one country that benefited the most @ MU during the Trump/NBC/Telemundo years (2003-2014), it's Dominican Republic.

Prior to 2003, Dominican Republic made the cut three times:
Blanca Aurora Sardinas (Top 12 @ MU 1977 and host country delegate)
Patricia Jimenez (Top 10 @ MU 1988)
Candida Lara (Top 10 @ MU 1995)

From 2003-2014, Dominican Republic made the cut five times and four out of five earned medals:
Amelia Vega (MU 2003)
Renata Sone (2nd RU @ MU 2005)
Marianne Cruz (2nd RU @ MU 2008)
Ada Aimee de la Cruz (1st RU @ MU 2009)
Yaritza Reyes (Top 10 @ MU 2013)

I feel Dominican Republic's medal total was inflated. 2005 and 2008 finished way too high. As far as their win goes, I would've crowned Patricia Jimenez and not Amelia Vega.

How does this board view Dominican Republic's medal run? Were they deserved or was it the Telemundo factor?

Last edited by author: Thu May 21, 2020 17:28:40   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Mid 2000s Tea

Author:
Wallflower
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:03 05/24/20 Sun

In the mid 2000ís, before social media completely took over the universe, these national directors reigned supreme at Miss Universe. These clique-like alliance has produced memorable wins that changed the game forever.

Magaly Febles ( Puerto Rico, Dominican Rep), Denis Davila(Canada), Ines Ligron (Japan), Peter Elias (Trinidad & Tobago) and Osmel Sousa (Venezuela)

Please feel free to spill any hot tea you know from this era!

Replies:
Subject: Tag post #3

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:51:58 05/23/20 Sat

Adding to the recent posts by Doot and Basketball (but USA only for now).

1. Girls you championed but fell out of love with during/after the pageant.

Lauren Barnett (In high school, I was voted prettiest! *stfu)
Jacqueline Bruno (She looked possessed.)
Tami Farrell (I really loved her at teen but sensed something off with her as a Miss)
Carrie Prejean (Man, what a dick.)
Tamiko Nash (Didnít like her MUO produced Tamiko Nash show)
Rima Fakih (gung-ho with her USA win but was happy she clapped at Universe)
MMM (ended up being unrelatable)
Audra Mari (again, something was off)
Jess Ahlberg (loved her but DOA)
Olivia Jordan (She was always screaming her answers)
Sarah Summers (sparkled at USA, totally shrill at Universe. I couldnít listen to her speak)

2. Girls you didnít care about at first but ended up loving during/after the pageant.

Maria Montgomery (Cutest thing!)
Jillian Wunderlich (looked like an angel)
Jazz Wilkins (Those legs!)
Michelle Leonardo (I like her mom lol)
Erin Brady (loved her immed after semi-finalist call)
Stacy Juris (there was this thing that went around before USA finals that she did something super bitchy so I was prepared to hate her. The opposite happened.)
Megan Pinkney (Sweet!)
Carolyn Bradarich (ADORABLE!!!)
Chhavi Verg (Oozed charm non-stop)

Your turn.

Replies:
Subject: Order mixed up at Parade of Nations

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:46 05/04/20 Mon

Anybody have any idea why Greece 1982 was missing during the Parade of Nations? That caused the introduction to be mixed up alphabetically.

Besides 1980, were there any other years that the order got mixed at MUO?

Replies:
Subject: My unfortunate prediction is no pageants affiliated with MUO, MAO, etc will be held this year. They will all be next year of 2021, and yes, current titleholders that weíre to compete nationally or internationally this year will still be eligible regardless of age next year. Iíve noticed several small pageants in other systems pushed back to next year just following suit of what most organizations and events are doing. (Not saying I like or dislike that, depends on the day, but this is what I think will end up happening. Especially since no public announcement has been made yet).

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:03 05/23/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Favorites who actually won

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:18 05/23/20 Sat

Trying to think of the pageants since 2000 where there was a pretty clear favorite going into the pageant who actually ended up winning.

Without giving it a ton of thought, these are the ones that occur to me.

UNIVERSE
2003 Dominican Republic, Amelia Vega
2005 Canada, Natalie Glebova
2008 Venezuela, Dayana Mendoza
2017 South Africa, Demi-Leigh Nel Peters
2018 Philippines, Catriona Gray

USA
2004 Missouri, Shandi Finnessey
2008 Texas, Crystle Stewart
2011 California, Alyssa Campanella

TEEN
2013 California, Cassidy Wolf

Of course, there is no way to officially determine who was "the favorite," so this is based more on my impressions and my memory (which gets worse by the day, LOL). Curious to know what others think.

Replies:
Subject: I wonder what Miss NY USAís big announcement is? 🤔

Author:
Pageant gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:18 05/24/20 Sun

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://pasteboard.co/J9SmilB.jpg">https://pasteboard.co/J9SmilB.jpg</a>

Replies:
Subject: Why had no MUO girl won Miss America before?

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:11 05/17/20 Sun

There has been five former MAO contestants (maybe even more than that if you count Brooke Lee who didnít win Miss Hawaii but went on to win Miss USA and Miss Universe).

But, no MUO girl (at least a contestant that has competed at Miss Teen USA or Miss USA) ever won Miss America. I believe the closest is Jennifer DuPont in Miss America 2005.

It is almost 70 years. Why is that the case? Does MAO have something against MUO?

I feel that MUO has been very kind to MAO, a former Miss America was invited to join Teen USA last year AND three MAO girls made the top 10 at USA 2019 (2 even made top 5).

What is your opinion on this?

Replies:
Subject: Can someone please tell me what MISS UT post means on IG.. Nudes? She sold them?

Author:
WHAT?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:28 05/19/20 Tue

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.