VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board
Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Congratulations to the 2014 titleholders!

Subject: Meanwhile over at Miss World....

Author:
Glitter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:07 01/27/15 Tue

Miss World winners in recent years

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: I have to say... I'm not one to spark negativity around new titleholders, or shoot malicious commentary anonymously (as is so often done here). But must admit, I am tremendously underwhelmed with so much of tonight's events.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:03:57 01/26/15 Mon

- While our new Miss Universe did a good job, I'm already falling asleep on what I believe will be a snoozefest of a year under Colombia's reign. I find her drab, in terms of appearance and presentation. Sure she is a pretty girl, but so is half of my hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana, USA.

- I found more appealing the field of contestants that were left clapping after the top 15 announcement. I would have much preferred the likes of Puerto Rico, Russia, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Guyana, Lithuania, South Africa, and even China. I was scratching my head over some of the Top 15. But good for them...

- France and Italy should have made the swimsuit cut. Period.

- Spain should have made the evening gown cut. Period.

- I knew final results would be all over the map after multiple final questions. That was kind of a mess. I'd prefer one question (regardless of if they are all different, the same question, a question from twitter, etc...)

- I would still be BOOING with the crowd after Jamaica's untimely dismissal as 4th runner up, as I had her pegged as the clear winner after the final look. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was outraged. I seldom question final results, but this one sure has me wondering.

- I would rather have had Jamaica, Ukraine, and Netherlands as the top 3 than Colombia and USA as the top 2. But I understand different judges, different opinions...

- Did I mention how lackluster I think this year will be with Colombia as Miss Universe?

- I think the entertainment at the pageant was pretty good (at least Nick Jonas and Gavin Degraw)... Not sure about that Prince guy.

- The production was good, but I found Miss USA production to be MUCH BETTER.

Okay, I'm done ranting. And I will try to move on from tonight's disappointing results. A friend sent me a message this morning telling me "the most beautiful woman in the world will be selected tonight." I look back and wonder, did that really happen?

Replies:
Subject: Quick Poll

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:49:29 01/27/15 Tue

So if you could crown Miss Universe from any of the Top 5, who is your pick? Just name a country, no explanation or disclaimers. :-)

USA
Netherlands
Ukraine
Jamaica
Colombia

Replies:
Subject: CONGRATULATIONS USA!!!!

Author:
SexyDrew82
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:19 01/26/15 Mon

In light of last night's Miss Universe pageant, whether you thought the results were satisfactory or not, I want to personally congratulate the USA for an amazing run in pageantry this past year! The USA had 4 strong final placements in pageants, I would consider to be "grandslam"!

MISS SUPRANATIONAL 2014: Allyn Rose, 3rd Runner Up
MISS EARTH 2014: Andrea Neu, 1st Runner Up
MISS WORLD 2014: Elizabeth Safrit, 2nd Runner Up
MISS UNIVERSE 2014: Nia Sanchez, 1st Runner Up

So kudos to all the directors, the people that prepared these beautiful women, and to the candidates themselves for rocking the pageant stage this year! They certainly left their mark in 2014 pageantry!

Last edited by author: Mon January 26, 2015 19:32:01   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Are you afraid COLOMBIA might win it all?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:16:18 01/24/15 Sat

I would say that I am afraid it may happen!

She fits the prototype of a Miss Universe winner:
A :) PERFECT for Telemundo and media tour.
B :) PERFECT for the audience, the halo effect could convince the judges (one Colombian is among them).
C :) PERFECT for the Miss Universe org. because it is the 2nd most populous country in South America with one of the largest media bases, she will be profitable.
D :) COMES from a very rich and influential family.

I hope she does not even make it to the top 15, but I believe she is 99% likely to make it, only behind USA and even ahead of Venezuela. And she may even win it all with this panel, it is tailor made for a delegate like her.

Last edited by author: Sat January 24, 2015 00:20:13   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Whom do you favor? Miss World (Rolene) or Miss Universe (Paulina)? And why?

Author:
Salso.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:14:36 01/26/15 Mon

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.