|Subject: I have to say... I'm not one to spark negativity around new titleholders, or shoot malicious commentary anonymously (as is so often done here). But must admit, I am tremendously underwhelmed with so much of tonight's events.|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 01:03:57 01/26/15 Mon
- While our new Miss Universe did a good job, I'm already falling asleep on what I believe will be a snoozefest of a year under Colombia's reign. I find her drab, in terms of appearance and presentation. Sure she is a pretty girl, but so is half of my hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana, USA.
- I found more appealing the field of contestants that were left clapping after the top 15 announcement. I would have much preferred the likes of Puerto Rico, Russia, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Guyana, Lithuania, South Africa, and even China. I was scratching my head over some of the Top 15. But good for them...
- France and Italy should have made the swimsuit cut. Period.
- Spain should have made the evening gown cut. Period.
- I knew final results would be all over the map after multiple final questions. That was kind of a mess. I'd prefer one question (regardless of if they are all different, the same question, a question from twitter, etc...)
- I would still be BOOING with the crowd after Jamaica's untimely dismissal as 4th runner up, as I had her pegged as the clear winner after the final look. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was outraged. I seldom question final results, but this one sure has me wondering.
- I would rather have had Jamaica, Ukraine, and Netherlands as the top 3 than Colombia and USA as the top 2. But I understand different judges, different opinions...
- Did I mention how lackluster I think this year will be with Colombia as Miss Universe?
- I think the entertainment at the pageant was pretty good (at least Nick Jonas and Gavin Degraw)... Not sure about that Prince guy.
- The production was good, but I found Miss USA production to be MUCH BETTER.
Okay, I'm done ranting. And I will try to move on from tonight's disappointing results. A friend sent me a message this morning telling me "the most beautiful woman in the world will be selected tonight." I look back and wonder, did that really happen?
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- And I'm not calling for hate towards any other contestants... But I'm actually upset that I didnt get to see RUSSIA's multi-colored Elie Saab gown on that stage tonight. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 01:15:25 01/26/15 Mon
- Big Like. Though I never could get on your PR and Russia bandwagon, I agree BIG TIME with Jamaica, Ukraine and The Netherlands way over mousy USA and measly COLOMBIA. Bring on the 64th already! (NT) -- HIM, 01:17:34 01/26/15 Mon
- I'm glad they did not agree with majority of the ones that you mentioned above, Puerto Rico, Russia, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Guyana, Lithuania, South Africa, and even China. please, those are head scratches for me. good thing they didn't go for those. (NT) -- Beauty-Critic, 01:21:44 01/26/15 Mon
- Thank you for reading my mind, Iceman. Miss U to me (or Miss anything to me) is about charisma, charm, and thus the beauty comes through. I am dumbfounded that Jamaica was called 4th runner-up (obviously a HUGE audience favorite, and I don't believe that was from thousands of Jamaicans being in the crowd). I just don't get the outcome AT ALL. (NT) -- jp, 01:35:30 01/26/15 Mon
- I agree with you, Iceman! I feel like the MUO is becoming a letdown...so much revamping needs to be done (NT) -- MsS♥, 01:36:23 01/26/15 Mon
- Guess I'll be following Miss World's stellar reign this year. Thats a face I cant get tired of. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 01:46:56 01/26/15 Mon
- Not giving Guyana a chance at that crown was the first wtf of the night. Venezuela making top 10 was the second wtf of the night. Spain not making top 5 was a huge wtf? Things got even more screwy with the q&a which is now designed to be a mindf*ck game for a viral moment later on. They all did ok although I honestly thought colombia lost all favor with the judges with her first answer. I have no clue how Jamaica ended at number 5. (NT) -- LadyChatterly, 02:20:16 01/26/15 Mon
- You knew something was screwy with that terrible act opening the pageant, follow by the terrible act in the swimsuit competition. (NT) -- rikstah, 02:31:05 01/26/15 Mon
- I was choked when Spain didn't make top 5. And when Jamaica was called 4th runner-up, I turned off the TV, making my friends scream. (NT) -- sucker4silvergowns, 02:52:40 01/26/15 Mon
- I loved Jamaica before she answered her on-stage questions. I think she easily could have won if she had been at all substantive. Actually, I felt it was maybe the worst group of answers to the judges' questions in the top 5 for as long as I can remember. Netherlands was the only girl who, for me, gave a good answer to the facebook question. I really wish Argentina would've made it to the top 5, before which I was rooting for her and Jamaica. Maybe Argentina would've been able to give some good answers. (NT) -- mjoon, 03:04:10 01/26/15 Mon
- I knew this result was coming as soon as I saw her in preliminaries. She has an "it" factor, and I've said for the past several days that it was going to carry her far. I was stunned by Spain's exclusion from T5 for sure. Colombia was making a serious run at the crown regardless, but I'd like to go back to seeing a more diverse judging panel. (NT) -- [><], 03:24:38 01/26/15 Mon
- I agree with every single comment you made. Miss Universe in an ideal world would represent a brand that crowns a STUNNING face that is alluring. The brand has now become all about who can be a showboat rather than who is innately gorgeous. (NT) -- Observer, 06:16:24 01/26/15 Mon
- Aren't there always two final questions? I distinctly remember the girls are often asked a warm-up question, then one with more substance. I thought Jamaica's first answer was very patty. Yes, she looked great, but she's a patty. Her final answer was too concrete. Jamaica's given the world the fastest man alive and reggae music. Colombia's answers, whether any of us like her or not, were spot on. There's also something about using an interpreter like that that makes the girl really stand out. I thought she was the clear winner after questions, even though I don't love her looks-wise. Never really got PR or Russia. As for the top 5, I thought Spain was gorgeous dress-wise, but I can see how she missed the cut. Her hair seemed a little flat. (NT) -- Lifelong Fan, 06:30:09 01/26/15 Mon
- Hi! (NT) -- VicAus, 06:34:32 01/26/15 Mon
- Can i just say, the Prince guy was sooooo 90s. The hair, the move, the (NT) -- VicAus, 06:38:34 01/26/15 Mon
- Seriously Iceman? You know it's a FACE pageant and of the five left, she had the best face. (NT) -- And Jamaica was great at modeling,but was not facially attractive., 06:44:11 01/26/15 Mon
- The more I think about it, I really doubt Colombia was destined to win before the Q&A session. Colombia held it together the best during that segment, and she displayed a lot of confidence during the final look. I think that catapulted her to the title. I wanted to drool over Netherlands all year, but oh well. I did a 180 on Jamaica last night. I considered her to be a butterface delegate, but I quickly bought into her during the telecast. I still wasn't wowed by her profile, though. I really wish Guyana and Lithuania would have been in the mix over a couple of others. They were both in my personal Top 5, even though I knew the deck was stacked against them. (NT) -- BamaMan, 07:02:29 01/26/15 Mon
- Although I agree with the majority of what you say. I do not agree with you when it comes to Russia and France. Russia did not perform well in the prelims and was not photogenic at all. France, on the other hand, was a bit bland and bored looking. I'm sure you're disappointed by Philippines making it as you were totally not a fan of hers. As for Colombia, she was strong and deserved to be crowned. BUT, I did like Louisiana USA last year and thought she should have won over Nia. (NT) -- Beauty is Truly Subjective, 10:52:55 01/26/15 Mon
- I really cheered for Netherlands AND Ukraine, these two would have been amazing winners, different yet very 2015. Jamaica does not do it for me, I am fine with top 15 but would have cut her there. Colombia answered the best when it comes to these two questions combined, even if her second answer was really patty. I liked the pageant but the top 2 was the most predictable ever as was the group of 15 semi-finalists. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi, 10:54:31 01/26/15 Mon
- When you give an outside the box performance the expectation is your responses will also reflect that performance. Unfortunately, Jamaica could not deliver and I think it confused the judges resulting in 4th RU. USA and Columbia were the clear Latina standouts resulting in Spain being the odd one out. I think the Judges were smitten with Netherlands from the get go and Ukraine was simply too elegant to be ignored. For me, the biggest shock of the evening was Mexico not getting the call followed closely by Canada not winning best national costume. (NT) -- ureka smoke, 11:49:14 01/26/15 Mon
- So I know I said I would be fine with Colombia winning - and in some ways I am (I mean really, it's a beauty pageant - not curing cancer or AIDS, not bringing about world peace and equality for all) - so she will be fine. However, the pageant had me scratching my head on many levels. First of all, Jamaica was not the prettiest face in the bunch, however she should be wearing that crown - she was poised, her evening gown was just EVERYTHING - she represents GLOBAL beauty. I was fine with Nia's placement - if she wasn't 1st RU then she should have won - she just was so great throughout the entire journey and I am SUPER proud of her. At one point I loved Netherlands - however I do not get how she landed in the Top 5 - she looked like she had NO CLUE what was going on around her. I loved Ukraine's attitude, however she was a little too "cold" for me. And Colombia - she did a fine job, and she wasn't terrible, but I just do not get how she is considered the best of the best. (NT) -- djm, 11:59:13 01/26/15 Mon
- I loved Russia and am super bummed that she didn't make the cut. They really should have done a Top 20 here as opposed to at Miss USA. I think this video shows a lot more of her personality and her beauty, of which she wasn't given enough credit for. (NT) -- HiJake, 01:35:57 01/27/15 Tue
- Ugh videos like this really make me mad. Why didnt she get the call? (NT) -- Vegas, 01:38:22 01/27/15 Tue
- Thank you for posting this video! RUSSIA is stunning! (NT) -- ICEMAN, 10:04:54 01/27/15 Tue
- My heart actually breaks after watching this! She was always one of my favorites and thin or not I have found her absolutely stunning, and now she has proven that her personality is just as beautiful This didnt seem at all patty, just genuine and I love her for that. That bit at the end about being in love and how her heart is still hers but shes sharing it with someone, DYINGGGGGG shes perfect. (NT) -- MissUSAFan, 12:14:40 01/27/15 Tue
- What. The f*ck. How INDIA, AUSTRALIA, and PHILIPPINES got the call instead of RUSSIA, COSTA RICA, LITHUANIA, and even DOMINICAN REPUBLIC is just ... I don't get it. I'm just glad this 2014 is over pageant-wise. Definitely a head-scratcher year. (NT) -- TorCanFan, 13:45:37 01/27/15 Tue
- Wow I'm having trouble reconciling the girl in this video with my previous perception of Russia. Personality certainly doesn't always translate in photos. I wish she had maintained more meat on her bones, because that was likely her undoing. (NT) -- BamaMan, 18:44:39 01/27/15 Tue
- I do not understand the outrage over Jamaica's placement. I personally was shocked that she and Netherlands were in the Top 5, as was my entire watching party. Jamaica had a horrible sneer on her face the entire night, looked harsh and extremely off-putting. I got the impression that if she had won, she would have been in for a RUDE awakening that she wasn't really a queen, but instead a titleholder who would have to actually work. I am really glad she didn't win. I would have preferred USA or Ukraine over Colombia, but I liked Colombia throughout the competition. I'm interested to see how her year goes; I'm hoping she is gracious and a memorable titleholder. She looked to be helping Puerto Rico up after her fall, but who knows. (NT) -- ., 09:09:37 01/27/15 Tue
- Ditto everything you said just, ICEMAN. I typed down my worst nightmare Top 5 placements; they were: 4th- Jamaica, 3rd- Netherlands, 2nd- Ukraine, 1st- USA, Winner- Colombia......and this is exactly how it turned out. I find nothing Miss Universe appealing about our new winner. She wasn't even in my Top 25-30 range (I'm actually VERY surprised she made the mock Top 20). I was PISSED when Jamaica was called as 4th RU, as she was my winner that night. She was absolute perfection and I loved her the moment someone posted a news interview with her on this USB forum. These results were completely ridiculous and I'm beginning to realize that Trump and his posse have an obvious agenda which is not staying true to what's fair. (NT) -- Groove, 09:20:45 01/27/15 Tue
- Give it a break...yet again you are making yourself look like a complete fool....you have consistently started trouble both on here and the MAO LA Board. (NT) -- ., 09:53:04 01/27/15 Tue
- I loved Jamaica as long as the camera wasn't showing her side profile. I think that's why she was 4th runner up. (NT) -- Mack_P (NSI), 10:31:46 01/27/15 Tue
- It looks like Jamaica won by losing. She got invited to cohost E ! I bet big things are going to come her way! (NT) -- Ed, 14:41:12 01/27/15 Tue
- I think Jamaica's stage presence was leaps and miles above all the other women there, but it's not a runway show, facially she is just not beautiful to me, did she deserve 4th runner up? no, but did she deserve to win? not in my eyes, but it's just my opinion. (NT) -- S.XOXO, 15:32:20 01/27/15 Tue
- Spot on, Iceman. Agree 100% with everything you've said in your post. Generally, I agree with you, just not your communication methods. :) (NT) -- SweetDarling, 16:14:00 01/27/15 Tue
- So ICEMAN, Miss Colombia is boring to you according to you, 1/2 of your home town girls are pretty as well. I guess that's why Louisiana has won Miss USA soooo many time huh? Give Miss Colombia a break already! (NT) -- :), 16:57:39 01/27/15 Tue
- Please, if Paulina was from LA, he will be all over screaming beautiful, just like he does year after year with Miss LA, even tho if the girl has not even a chance, like that girl Page wherever her name was, and a few others that he was so crazy about putting them on top 5 when it was obvious they were gonna be clappers and in fact were clappers at the end. and yes, everyone is biased in here one way or another with certain girls, that happens during Miss USA and MU. you just gotta look at their favorites year after year, I bet you by the time Miss USA comes around, he will have the current Miss LA and his top 5 and selling her as beautiful in here, not matter that she looks old and weird. and a few males in here that think his hot, totally agreeing to wherever he says, very sad. (NT) -- Beauty-Critic, 17:15:19 01/27/15 Tue
- Lol. You irk me at times Beauty Critic because you are obviously Latina and Colombian biased but you are so right. Actually he puts any RPM girl on a pedestal because of his bias. (NT) -- While we're at it--which blond are you going to bash this year. Seems to me you have already started on Julia Dalton. You Latinas with your natural blond envy., 17:24:09 01/27/15 Tue
- You know I am a little biased at times with Colombia, but I'm not that bad, I'm not blind, why make an idiot of myself if she is not worth it, I havent had Colombia in my top in many years, and this year I had Paulina as second runner up, so that shows I'm not that crazy, my girl this year was Spain and USA, that was my top two. in regards to the blondes, I do not dislike or discriminate against blondes, I just don't like the unattractive just cute looking blondes, just like I do with any other color, in regards to the NC girl blonde girl, well I already said it, I don't care for her, she is just cute looking but nothing impressive to take note. maybe top 15 or a clapper. and yes, I have had support a lot blondes, Jessica Hartman, was my winner the year la loka Rima won, Jennifer Hawkins and Shandi, Miss SC last year, I tho she was beautiful and my favorite. just to mention some. (NT) -- Beauty-Critic, 17:46:17 01/27/15 Tue
- Haha, such a funny message Beauty-Critic, I disagree with the premise of the message but I literally fell off my chair! (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi, 17:49:14 01/27/15 Tue
- I don't remember him having any RPM girls in his top 5 this year. (NT) -- Are you making up stories beauty critic?, 21:33:27 01/27/15 Tue
- Hell just froze over!!! I actually agree completely with ICEMAN!!! (NT) -- A first for me. LOL!!!, 20:03:50 01/27/15 Tue