|Subject: Please mods-|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 10:18:38 04/05/18 Thu
Can we please remove the registered handle requirement on voy? I have a registered handle but am aware many other perfectly desirable posters do not. The board has already been suffering due to the most valued members leaving for Facebook(not hating, just stating the facts), but this will literally be the death of the board. If that’s what is desired, there should be more transparency about that fact.
I understand you guys are probably all members of the Facebook group, but because of personal reasons I am not on Facebook at all. This is my pageant community, and while it depresses me to see it go downhill, to basically kill it off in this way is so much worse. At least openly explain the reasons no one wants to moderate anymore and own up to the fact that USB is now a Facebook entity in your minds.
Also something that really gets me is the censoring of Verna chuckle’s posts about her new pageant board. I didn’t get the url, but that could’ve at least been a place for me and others to go now that things seem to be defunct here. Truly a disservice to loyal readers and posters that have been coming here many years.
Last edited by author: Thu April 05, 2018 10:19:49
Edited 2 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I think the user handle requirement was initiated when there was an abundance of pornographic material posted on this site, and some other very disturbing images that no one wants to see. I could be wrong, but it probably has something to do with that. And regarding Verna Chickle's site, it is not inclusive to the pageant community, and comments have already been deleted and posters excluded for just saying hello. So I agree with the mods, they have no obligation to promote that clique. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 11:21:19 04/05/18 Thu
- Registered and non-registered users can post on this forum. The only limitation is that only registered users can post pictures/videos and the reason for this was explained by Iceman. (NT) -- Tommy, 12:14:18 04/05/18 Thu
- The decision was made because this board became a very negative place. The constant insults, albeit personal ones, against posters and anyone that had a differing opinion become common place. The anonymous postings and constant use of IP proxies where individuals would respond several times to their own questions also was a go to tactic. Now that you must be accountable for your views, such as you are on the FB group, we hope many of the regualr posters will come back to Voy and create a once again fun and safe place where you could post opinions all the while keeping pageantry positive. We stand by our decision. (NT) -- Qban, 09:24:51 04/06/18 Fri
- I think registered only posters is a good idea. What else was left to consider? I myself was tired of getting bashed for no reason by anonymous trolls. This place was a playground for trolls and not a pageant discussion board anymore. I think the board has more potential to grow now that the trolls have been weeded out. (NT) -- PF-Indy, 18:20:18 04/06/18 Fri
- It seems like registered user cannot post images and videos. Hmmm... (NT) -- Tommy, 12:53:06 04/08/18 Sun
- Sad that it has to come to this, but most likely this is better for people to have to take accountability! (NT) -- gaj, 16:50:40 04/08/18 Sun
- what is the big deal to have a registered handle? it's not like you have to use your first name...unless your up to no good who cares? (NT) -- Sxoxo, 21:43:08 04/08/18 Sun
- I think it’s a great idea. The Facebook page has allowed me the opportunity to get to know the people that were posting here much better because of the transparency that was lacking here. From what I can remember it was fairly easy to get a registered handle here, so I don’t see what the big deal is - especially if it makes moderating easier. (NT) -- djm, 07:13:48 04/09/18 Mon
- So good to see lots of you coming back !!! #positivepageantry (NT) -- Qban, 10:06:34 04/10/18 Tue
- I haven't been on here for a few months, so on a whim, I decided to check it out today. I see so many regulars back! I really missed this board and what it used to be, so my fingers are crossed that this group will remain. I wasn't thrilled with having to create a FB account, but I did in order to discuss all things pageantry. (NT) -- Groove, 15:29:33 04/28/18 Sat