VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2018 State Titles

Dec 14-17, 2017
Miss/Teen Florida USA

Dec 16, 2017
Miss/Teen District of Columbia USA

Dec 16-17, 2017
Miss/Teen Oklahoma USA

Jan 5-6, 2018
Miss/Teen Connecticut USA
Miss Texas USA
Miss/Teen Utah USA

Jan 6-7, 2018
Miss/Teen Nebraska USA
Miss/Teen Nevada USA

Jan 13-14, 2018
Miss/Teen New York USA

Jan 26-28, 2018
Miss/Teen Kentucky USA
Miss/Teen New Mexico USA

Subject: 40 confirmed delegates for Miss USA 2018

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:34 12/10/17 Sun

Who's your favorite at this point ? (One State only).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Bridgette Wilson

Author:
Glitzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:49 12/12/17 Tue

While watching Miss Teen USA 1990 today I noticed after Bridgette was crowned and sat in her throne not one contestant came up to hug and congratulate her. Was she not liked by the rest of the 1990 class?

Replies:
Subject: Photographer

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:57:31 12/11/17 Mon

Is it normal to reach out to a pageant photographer and just not hear back? I used their website portal months ago... nothing. Tried an Instagram message a month after when I saw an updated travel schedule.... nothing. Used a direct email address that they posted for bookings..... nothing still!

They’re very reputable, so I’m completely confused. I don’t know what I’m missing here. I don’t want to hound them, and I suppose if they’re just not interested in shooting then fine? But to never respond to inquiries about rates and scheduling strikes me as very odd.

Replies:
Subject: any news re ca and Pa

Author:
kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:05:03 12/03/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Send in your votes

Author:
Uba
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:46 12/11/17 Mon

Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Sunday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Monday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Tuesday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Wednesday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Thursday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Friday)
Oh look mommy, a quail turd! (Saturday)

(19 years later)

Oh that vomiting bitch was choking on her radish
When an apple fell down from the tree
The picnic was interrupted with a gagging
When the apple released the radish on a bee
The apple rolled down by a rock
And the bitch when there to take a look
OMG yucky what is that she said
Then she puked some more and the apple shook

Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (1:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (2:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (3:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (4:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (5:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (6:00)
Oh look bitch, a quail turd! (7:00)

Everyone send it your votes as to who the bitch is.

The choices are:

A: Stephanie Culberson
B: Endia Abrante
C: Laura Chukanov
D: Tianna Griggs
E: Chelsea Hardin

Voting ends December 15 at 6:00pm PST

Subject: Miss OK USA contestants posted http://warriorsforross.com/okusa2018/index.html

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:06 12/11/17 Mon

-

Subject: IT'S ALL TRUE!!!! California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”

Author:
FACT CHECK IT!!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:02:33 12/07/17 Thu

https://thepageantplanet.com/california-usa-contestant-loses-points-for-being-too-short/

Replies:
Subject: MU Tour of the Philippines 2017

Author:
greyfelino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:27:36 12/06/17 Wed

Group Photo:
309_CA06_A_0_FA5_4_D54_9131_4_F5_E87541_B82
51368_DC9_AE08_426_B_BE19_72_AC1_CF954_AF
F0565_B57_82_E9_4163_B544_DE4205510_F06
F6_E17084_A844_4220_B216_4_C6_B5_B85_C3_D6
0_A7_F9_CC3_8681_4740_B896_F42687_F94_C56
57587756_3196_4_BEE_9279_DB7_C507_F1_D3_E
45 D44202 BA84 427 F B11 A C9 B951 C52 D6 E

Last edited by author: Wed December 06, 2017 05:20:29   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Pageant Officials tell Judge Unfollow Latina Contestants, STAT!!!

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:32 12/09/17 Sat

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/26/miss-universe-judge-latina-contestants-social-media/

Miss Universe just schooled one of the judges for tonight's pageant ... telling her it looks really bad that she's only following Latina contestants on social media. 
Pageant sources tell us Judge Lele Pons has been told it compromises the competition that she's only following Miss Mexico, Miss Venezuela and Miss Colombia ... making it appear they have an advantage.
We're told the officials told Lele to unfollow them STAT.
Our sources say Lele fired back she doesn't think she did anything wrong ... she's a Latina and that's just who she follows.
Lele has just unfollowed the women.

Replies:
Subject: Florida, DC, and Oklahoma NEXT WEEKEND! Who is excited? Who is your winners?

Author:
3crowns
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:03 12/09/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: what year was the new Miss Miss minnesota MAO

Author:
dina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:50 12/09/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 1977

Author:
Wow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:06 12/03/17 Sun

I think Janelle "Penny" Commissiong's win was very historic. I remember living in Africa and it was a huge, huge deal.

Look how calm she is during her interview with Johnny Carson.

Replies:
Subject: The goddess named Julie Khoury.

Author:
REALITY CHECK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:15 12/08/17 Fri

I am hearing the talk of how a contestant was marked down for being short. I am submitting into evidence the beautiful Julie Khoury, Miss Oklahoma USA 1991. She won the preliminary swimsuit competition. She is only 5 feet two inches. The body and face of a goddess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jdIuLRwM0

Replies:
Subject: who from MAO do you think would compete in miss usa ( and who "would never"

Author:
robin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:28 12/05/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Look at that face! Now that's a Miss Universe folks!!!!!!!!!

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:48 12/07/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2017 Charity Fashion Gala in Manila

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:16 12/07/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: SNARKY REMARKS ABOUT MISS CALIFORNIA USA ARE NOT VALID.

Author:
TH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:16 12/06/17 Wed

The 6'1" amazon beauty who recently won Miss California USA will be an excellent addition to the Miss USA Pageant. She is lovely, intelligent, with a personality to match.

Here is a clip from Ellen that gives you a little insight into this lovely young woman.

https://youtu.be/R123lqKBBOU

Replies:
Subject: Being from the Lone Star State, I am Real excited about the TX And OK pageants this year. I have a few favorites just from social media. Some of my favorites from TX are Allie Drake (stunning face), Logan Lester (great body), and Danielle Doty (former Teen USA). In OK are Katie Sicula (former TX competitor), Madeline Cole (great body), and Caroline Bullard (stunning face).

Author:
Houston gal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:35 11/30/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe recent TV ratings history

Author:
Birdie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:24:06 11/28/17 Tue

I know network TV ratings are down across the board, and the greater importance of international markets, but this trend looks pretty ominous:

2017 (Nov 2017): aired on Sunday
1.1 rating, 4.41 million viewers
2016 (Jan 2017): aired on Sunday
1.5 rating, 5.22 million viewers
2015 (Dec 2015): aired on Sunday, first one on Fox with IMG, Steve Harvey's "mistake"
1.7 rating, 6.2 million viewers
2014 (Jan 2015): aired on Sunday, last one on NBC/Trump
2.0 rating, 7.6 million viewers
2013 (Nov 2013): aired on Saturday
0.9 rating, 3.8 million viewers
2012 (Dec 2012): aired on Wednesday
1.8 rating, 6.1 million viewers

Replies:
Subject: California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short” By Profile photo of Allison KratzAllison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017

Author:
SKETCHY PAGEANTRY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:18 12/05/17 Tue

California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”
By Allison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017 | 3 Comments |
While most pageants, including Miss USA, like to say contestants’ heights do not matter in competition, is that really the case? One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant does not seem to think so. (Read: Pageant Question: Height Requirement for Miss USA)

Updated at 4:03 p.m. to reflect Miss California USA Executive State Director Alex Kuty’s comments.

About the judge’s post

One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant, Ellina Abovian, negatively marked a contestant last weekend for being “too short.” Abovian shared her score sheet on social media with the caption “cut throat.” The photo shared clearly shows the preliminary judges comments sheet with Abovian’s name as the judge in the top right corner of the sheet and a comment, “too short” for one of the contestants. Fortunately, the name of the contestant was not in the frame of the picture.

The Miss California USA pageant operates with a “mention system” of pageant judging, meaning that they do not use numerical scoring. State Director, Alex Kuty said, “The judge was simply trying to express how difficult it was to narrow down 100 contestants to a top 20. Each judge is entitled to their own opinions and this is why we have a diverse group of eight judges who determine who the best representative for our state. I have nothing but confidence in the integrity of our program and the amazing opportunities and experience it creates for the young woman who participate in it.”

There has been no proof that Abovian meant to express her difficulty selecting the top 20 contestants. It is also unclear whether Abovian’s negative comment had an impact on the final results of the judging.
Over 352.4K Daily Active Readers
HIT OR MISS PAGEANT COACHES
California USA Contestant Loses Points For Being “Too Short”
By Profile photo of Allison KratzAllison Kratz On DECEMBER 5, 2017 | 3 Comments |
While most pageants, including Miss USA, like to say contestants’ heights do not matter in competition, is that really the case? One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant does not seem to think so. (Read: Pageant Question: Height Requirement for Miss USA)

Updated at 4:03 p.m. to reflect Miss California USA Executive State Director Alex Kuty’s comments.

About the judge’s post

One judge for the Miss California USA 2018 pageant, Ellina Abovian, negatively marked a contestant last weekend for being “too short.” Abovian shared her score sheet on social media with the caption “cut throat.” The photo shared clearly shows the preliminary judges comments sheet with Abovian’s name as the judge in the top right corner of the sheet and a comment, “too short” for one of the contestants. Fortunately, the name of the contestant was not in the frame of the picture.

The Miss California USA pageant operates with a “mention system” of pageant judging, meaning that they do not use numerical scoring. State Director, Alex Kuty said, “The judge was simply trying to express how difficult it was to narrow down 100 contestants to a top 20. Each judge is entitled to their own opinions and this is why we have a diverse group of eight judges who determine who the best representative for our state. I have nothing but confidence in the integrity of our program and the amazing opportunities and experience it creates for the young woman who participate in it.”

There has been no proof that Abovian meant to express her difficulty selecting the top 20 contestants. It is also unclear whether Abovian’s negative comment had an impact on the final results of the judging.

Photo: @realaustinryde | Ellina Abovian
Abovian posted to Instagram after Kelley Johnson was crowned the winner. Abovian’s post featured a picture of herself and Johnson with the caption, “Congratulations to the beautiful & very tall @realnursekelley our new Miss California 2018.” Both posts have since been deleted but were captured by professional hair and makeup artist Austin Ryde before they disappeared.

While Abovian has not commented further on the height remarks she made, she has removed the post of herself and Kelley Johnson. Abovian did not cite any specific instruction given by the Miss California USA director or program in her reasoning for taking a contestant’s height into consideration during the judging process. Abovian is a former Miss California USA contestant and a current journalist and reporter for a local Los Angeles news site, KTLA. (Read: How to Win Over a Former Titleholder Judge In Interview)

About this impact on the industry

While many in the fashion and pageant industry are calling for increased diversity within titleholders and competitors, the judges clearly are not listening. Height or weight requirements may not be explicitly stated in information packets or judges manuals but they are certainly enforced by individual judges’ preconceived notions of what a pageant titleholder should be. (Read: Miss Universe Host Ashley Graham Criticizes Pageant For Not Including Curvy Contestants)

If pageant judges are deducting points or negatively marking a contestant for something she cannot control, like her height, will the industry really ever change? What do you think? Let us know below!

Have a great news story you’d love to see covered on Pageant Planet? Let us know here!

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.