VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles

Subject: Big three international pageant crossovers

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:33 05/16/20 Sat

Besides Miss Belgium 1981, which are the other ladies that participated at the big three international pageants? Sheís only in a handful and one of very few to place in all three.

Which are the other ladies? Do you know?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 2007

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:17 05/11/20 Mon

Tennessee 9.283(1) 9.522(1)

Rhode Island 8.850(2) 9.158(2)

Kansas 8.682(4) 8.983(3)

California 8.507(8) 8.468(4)

Nevada 8.783(3) 8.452 (5)

Replies:
Subject: When did pageants begin for you?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:26 05/14/20 Thu

What year was it, and/or how old were you?

The reason I ask is because pageants began for me in 1970 (when I was 8) and I just stumbled on the Miss USA pageant where Debbie Shelton was crowned.

I know the MUO pageants pretty well after that point because I watched most of them. The ones before 1970 are "ancient history" and I feel like I don't have any opinions on those titleholders because they are in the "pre-history" era.

Wondering if it is the same for others. When did it start for you? And do you have that same sense of a "before" and "after" era?

Replies:
Subject: If Miss USA were tonight, who would be your semi-finalists? I admit, its early. Still lots of time. So I'm down to only a Top 20, with quite a few bubbles. (more than previous years, which attests to the level of contestants we have this year)

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:57 03/30/20 Mon

My picks (in alphabetical order):

Alabama
California
Connecticut
Florida
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Maryland
Mississippi
Missouri
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Virginia

Arkansas
D.C.
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Montana
North Carolina
Rhode Island
Washington

Replies:
Subject: Phyllis George, Miss America 1971 (my year of birth) passed away on May 14.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:53 05/16/20 Sat

At just 70 years of age, she passed away today with family gathered around. I am so saddened of this news. She had a small part in Meet the Parents; I remember thinking how great she still looked. Such a beautiful Miss America.

Last edited by author: Sat May 16, 2020 23:05:51   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Parade of States/Nations

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:02:43 05/14/20 Thu

Who are some of your most memorable introductions in the parade of states/nations?

Some of mine would be

1. Simone Vos (Suriname 1991) nearly screaming her introduction
2. Glenor Browne (St. Vincent/Grenadines 1990) dancing and shaking her dress to the mic.
3. Katie Young (Texas 1992), because I couldn't understand what she said. The night of the pageant it sounded like to me that she said something about a tupperware set, lol.

Replies:
Subject: Terrible news: one of the pageant world's favorite people has died at age 70. Phyllis George who was Miss America 1971 has died of a blood disorder. RIP Phyllis you were the greatest

Author:
Tears
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:25 05/16/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 80s/90s swimsuit music title

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:15:03 05/16/20 Sat

Anybody know the title of the song of the Miss Universe swimsuit music used starting in the 1987 pageant to 1994 pageant? Iím trying to look for it, thank you

Replies:
Subject: MUO on shaky ground?

Author:
PikachusWorld
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:05 05/12/20 Tue

Endeavor, MUO's parent company is reportedly on very shaky financial ground.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2020/05/12/Labor-and-Agents/Endeavor.aspx

It is behind a paywall, so be careful.

Replies:
Subject: In the era of scores shown, only two Miss USA's won EG: Shawn Weatherly, 1980 and Julie Hayek, 1983. What other USA's do you think won EG when scores were not shown. Could be now or prior. I think Amanda Jone, 1973 and Nia Sanchez 2014.

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:50:48 05/08/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2014 Swimsuit

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:41 05/10/20 Sun

What did you think? You can relive it here.

A few random thoughts of mine:

- I thought the music itself was pretty good, but I thought it was strange that they had each contestant come out surrounded by other contestants and dancers. It was pretty distracting and made it hard to focus on the actual contestant for the first few seconds.

- This was a strong year in general. I loved USA, Spain, Jamaica (that walk!!), and Ukraine.

- This was also the year of the YOOGE veneers, especially Philippines and Australia. Too much teeth, LOL.

- Colombia did that arched back thing that Dayana Mendoza specialized in. I guess it worked for both of them, LOL.

- The thing I disliked the most was Jeannie Mai and her meaningless chatter. For all the other changes IMG has made the past few years, I'm glad they at least got rid of her.

- Overall, my favorite was probably Jamaica, followed by USA and Ukraine.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by author: Sun May 10, 2020 17:11:30   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Is there a more successful Teen USA group than 2002ís?

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:06 05/14/20 Thu

Tara Conner

Rachel Smith

Marin Poole (Utah) - Miss Utah USA 2005 (Miss USA 2005 Top 15 semifinalist)

Candice Stewart (Louisiana) - Miss Louisiana USA 2005

Jessica Fjerstad (South Dakota) - Miss South Dakota USA 2005

Alla Ilushka (Minnesota) - Miss Minnesota USA 2007

Lauren Barnette (Virginia) - Miss Virginia USA 2007 (Miss USA 2007 Top 10 finalist)

Alysha Castonguay (Rhode Island) - Miss Rhode Island USA 2009

Lacey Wilson (Illinois) - Miss Massachusetts USA 2010

Ashley Bickford (Connecticut) - Miss Connecticut USA 2010; Triple Crown winner

Grace Gore (Mississippi) - Miss Tennessee 2007 (Miss America 2008 Top 16 Semifinalist)

Ashley Bickford (Connecticut) - Miss Rhode Island 2007 (Miss America 2008 Preliminary Swimsuit winner); Triple Crown winner

Kimberly Harlan (Georgia) competed Miss World United States 2003 and represented the United States in Miss World 2003.

Replies:
Subject: You guys...

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:10 05/12/20 Tue

Shandi was 16 years ago.

*faints*

Replies:
Subject: I was there and the camera is kind to these girls. The short runway and obvious Lu Sierra guidance left most of them looking like walking zombies. Didn't help that they had 5 feet of stage and 10 seconds on camera.

Author:
Although Doral ended up being better than Tyler Perry studios. At least the cheap seats came with butt cushions with the MUO logo.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:51 05/11/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: WaLynda Lou SIMPLE and really FIERCE names of REAL PAGEANT contestants!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:07:09 05/02/20 Sat

A lighter subject for this weekend.
What do you think are the FIERCEST names of real pageant contestants?

Original Rican mentioned the former Miss Nebraska USA with a really fierce name: WALYNDA LOU SIMPLE! I love it, though there was a typo and her real last name is SIPPLE! But I think both versions are really FIERCE!

Another fierce name is of course, JENNA TALACKOVA. Jenna's real last name is Talacko, but I think she added the ending to sound more feminine. Great idea! I only wish she would have added a fierce middle name like Shangela, Shantelle, Muhlaysia, etc. That would have been amazing.

But names do not have to be overly complicated and unusual to be FIERCE. When I think of NIKOLE CHURCHILL the word fierce comes automatically. Not only this former runner-up kn VA and NY is fierce as hell. She also won a pageant in a historically Black college as a white girl! I love both the K and the last name of a legendary politician in this combination. Totally fierce.

A few years ago, there was a poster here who was organizing his fictional pageants in his head but on a yearly basis... based on fictional names of contestants. There was a Miss USA and Miss Universe every year. At that time some posters were laughing about the poster but I found the idea really cute and the names were totally fierce and GLAMOROUS. Pete of Paperdolls also has been inventing names to his pageant winners, but based on actual names of pageant contestants.

What are the fiercest names of real contestants that you can think of?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Philippines

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:56 05/04/20 Mon

I thought it might be interesting to revisit the incredible run of success by Miss Philippines at Miss Universe in the past decade.

2010 Venus Raj, 4th RU
2011 Shamsey Supsup, 3rd RU
2012 Janine Tugonon, 1st RU
2013 Areiella Arida, 3rd RU
2014 Mary Jean Lastimosa, Top 10
2015 Pia Wurtzbach, Miss Universe
2016 Maxine Medina, Top 6
2017 Rachel Peters, Top 10
2018 Catriona Gray, Miss Universe
2019 Gazinni Ganados, Top 20

Favorites? Least favorites? Thoughts?

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.