VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board
Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles
June 12-13, 2021
Miss Massachusetts USA/Teen USA
Miss New Hampshire USA/Teen USA

Jun 19, 2021
Miss Wyoming USA/Teen USA

June 19-20, 2021
Miss Maine USA/Teen USA

Jun 25-26, 2021
Miss Nevada USA/Teen USA

Jun 26-27, 2021
Miss Illinois USA/Illinois Teen USA

June 27, 2021
Miss Delaware USA/Teen USA

July 9-10, 2021
Miss Ohio USA/Teen USA

July 10-11, 2021
Miss Arizona USA/Teen USA
Miss West Virginia USA/Teen USA

July 17, 2021
Miss DC USA/DC Teen USA
Miss Virginia USA/Virginia Teen USA

July 16-18, 2021
Miss Florida USA/Teen USA

July 24-25, 2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA

July 25-26, 2021
Miss Indiana USA

July 27, 2021
Miss Indiana Teen USA

July 30-31, 2021
Miss Pennsylvania USA/Teen USA

July 31-Aug 1, 2021
Miss Minnesota USA/Teen USA
Miss New Jersey USA/Teen USA

Aug 6-7, 2021
Miss Michigan USA/Teen USA

Aug 7-8, 2021
Miss Rhode Island USA/Teen USA

Aug 14-15, 2021
Miss Colorado USA/Teen USA
Miss New Mexico USA/Teen USA

Aug 18-20, 2021
Miss New York USA/Teen USA

Aug 20-21, 2021
Miss Utah USA/Teen USA

Sept 1-5, 2021
Miss Texas USA/Texas Teen USA

Sept 10 -11, 2021
Miss California USA/Teen USA

Subject: E! BEHIND THE SCENES: MISS UNIVERSE 1999

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:41 06/07/21 Mon

Back when pageants were still relevant, E! did these amazing Behind The Scenes documentaries on Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss World.

Here is their coverage on MU 1999:

For those who don't want to watch/have time to watch, here are a few spoilers:

- Kimmie Pressler actually wanted to win and her family had high hopes for her

- Kimmie was clearly given some insider perks because she had already selected her pink Diane Von Furstenberg opening number dress before she left for TnT and already knew the bathing suit colors (she wanted to wear yellow)

- Kimmie saw the prelims broadcast in her hotel room and while on camera said she thought she looked funny and overweight in EG. I wonder if it was at this point she knew things may not go her way

- According to Miss TnT, after Top 10 was called, one clapper was ripping her hair out backstage in anger

- After Venezuela failed to make Top 3, she, USA and TnT had a special moment backstage where they cried together and consoled each other

- A hurricane in Florida almost ruined the pageant, as many key production crew and props had to pass through Florida from California to make it to TnT on time

- Guyana had to support a doubtful Botswana backstage who felt she wasn't going to win because her country was debuting that year

- Puerto Rico and France looked lovely

- Japan's translator arrived late so the poor girl was left to her own devices because she didn't speak English

- According to Scott Grossman, there were over 250 performers who took part in the opening number apart from the delegates

- You can tell the opening number we saw during the telecast (where the delegates were in their National Costumes) was pre-taped. They were wearing their opening number dresses live on stage for those in attendance (Dani Walker also stated that the opening number for MU 2020 was also pre-taped because none of the ladies were dancing while she was in attendance)

- Miss USA/Universe were living in L.A. during this time but relocated to New York shortly after the MU pageant

Last edited by author: Mon June 07, 2021 23:01:54   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Replies:
Subject: Crystle Stewart --- National Director

Author:
IanSebastin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:50 06/13/21 Sun

Crystle Stewart was a great Miss USA. If she had not fallen at Miss Universe in 2008, I think she would have made the top five and placed as second runner up.

As the new National Director, I think that Crystle should put a strong emphasis on being authentic when it comes to speaking. Brooke Lee and Deshauna Barber come to mind.

When looking for the next Miss USA she needs to be able to hold her own on the Miss Universe stage.

The last four winners have been awful.

What are some of your thoughts on the things that Crystle should do as the new National Director?

Replies:
Subject: Random Group Pics - Day 3/4

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:08:25 05/10/21 Mon

Some random group pics from Day 3 & 4:

BOLIVIA-FRANCE-MEXICO
They all look stunning here. BOLIVIA's still one of my faves. FRANCE is looking so refreshed, and MEXICO I'm starting to get.

CHILE-BRAZIL-SOUTH AFRICA-ARGENTINA-PORTUGAL-PUERTO RICO
In contrast, I don't think any of the ladies look great here. CHILE is still one of my faves but even she isn't impressing me here.

SLOVAKIA-CZECHIA
I admit to overlooking SLOVAKIA a bit, she does have a very beautiful face, as does CZECH REPUBLIC (though kinda weird to see a bathroom selfie, ladies).

THAILAND-ISRAEL
I admit to appreciating THAILAND more recently, this isn't one of her best photos, and despite her being tagged as the favorite to win, I still can't see her actually winning.

Replies:
Subject: Is Anyone Else Not Excited about MU?

Author:
Basketball_Fan (unable to login)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:57:00 05/05/21 Wed

Maybe it's me, but I don't feel the excitement and anticipation towards the next MU as I would in the past. Perhaps it's the predictability of the IMG era or the return of Telemundo or the lack of a major broadcast network, who knows. Anyone else feel the same way?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Namibia 2021

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:40:38 06/06/21 Sun

Chelsi Shikongo (23 yrs, from Walvis Bay) has just won the Miss Namibia 2021 pageant in Windhoek.

Here's her performance on pageant night:

I kinda love her and though she paused a bit during her OSQ, I was impressed by her performance at Miss Namibia.

Chelsi will represent NAMIBIA either at Miss World 2021 in Puerto Rico or Miss Universe 2021, reportedly in Costa Rica.

I'm glad Namibia's coming back after sitting out this year an I hope we get to see Chelsi compete at Miss Universe. (side note: I wonder if she was named for Chelsi Smith, who was crowned as Miss Universe in Namibia)

Last edited by author: Sun June 06, 2021 23:47:04   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Russia consistently attracts impressive contestants at nationals but they always seem to crown WTF winners

Author:
IanSebas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:46:03 06/13/21 Sun

Subject: SOME EVENING GOWN SHOTS

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:46 05/10/21 Mon

CLICK IN FIRST REPLY TO SEE MORE PICS!

Last edited by author: Mon May 10, 2021 17:29:38   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.