VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Miss USA 2015 - July 12, 2015 Baton Rouge, LA
2015 MUO Pageant Dates & Locations

Miss Teen USA August 21-22 Atlantis Resort, Bahamas
Miss Universe 2015 - TBD

Subject: MISS USA 2015

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:26 04/16/15 Thu

I have yet to share my list with the board yet, so now is the perfect time! The following is my Top 12 (solid picks) and a few girls that have the ability to fulfill the remaining two/three spots. Enjoy, and as always, I love hearing everyone's thoughts!!:)

These are the delegates who have thus far proved themselves to me. I've seen enough candids, professional photos, and selfies to determine my liking for them. The following are my "Sensational Seven":

MICHIGAN- A lock for my Top 3. I remember rooting for her last year when Liz Ivezaj won, thinking how amazing she will be at Miss USA if she were to take her respective title. My only concern is that Rashontae can appear washed out. A tan will do her well.

OKLAHOMA- I wasn't a fan WHATSOEVER when she was crowned, but she's grown on me tremendously. Olivia will be ready to fight for the Miss USA title in Baton Rouge. Her modeling skills and confidence will come in handy.

COLORADO- HOT! I have never been a Talyah supporter until she won the Miss Colorado USA title. Very demure, yet undoubtedly beautiful. The Centennial State is in contention this year.

ARIZONA- Maureen was the girl who turned this year around. The time of her crowning was when many started arguing that this year was going down the drain. However, once this girl was crowned, I felt the excitement coming back. A beautiful face and excellent stage skills will catapult her far into the competition. She is a DOLL!

FLORIDA- I believe I was one of the few to pick Ashleigh on the Road To. Even with her poor styling and messy hair, she still stood out to me. If there is an award for the girl who has come the farthest transformation wise, it's Ashleigh. She looks AMAZING.

TEXAS- The consensus girl. Mostly everyone can agree that Ylianna is one of the ones to beat. Hot body, experience, a lovely face, and the most exclusive preparation team will work in her favor.

NEVADA- I watched the Nevada pageant, and Brittany was the CLEAR winner. I know she has had interview quarrels in the past, but I think they have been ironed out by now. Facially, she isn't the best, but it's about the girl as a whole. There is no doubt in my mind that Brittany will be on fire. She could possibly take the whole thing.

These are the delegates who are also favorites of mine, but are in Tier 2 of my Top 12.

GEORGIA- Facially, I'm not a fan, but she has the overall package and stands out to me. She will be one that will be incredibly prepared this summer. Will she pull an Alyssa, an Audra, or a Lexi?

MISSISSIPPI- Courtney has the capability of doing very well at nationals. I think she has an interesting look that could work for or against her. She is already a strong contestant, so I'm sure she will amaze me even more as the event comes closer!

HAWAII- Sultry! Emma stands firm on my list and I don't see her going anywhere. Despite not garnering much board attention, I think Emma will be a favorite once Miss USA rolls around.

NEW YORK- I noticed Thatiana during her state pageant, but I truly didn't take notice until a few months ago. This Latina has the allure to make a statement at nationals. I hope she tones up her body and polishes her look.

RHODE ISLAND- Tall and statuesque, Anea will stand out for sure. She looks superb when styled correctly and has an exceptional walk, but I still get a newbie vibe from her.

Finally, these are the delegates that I'm not quite sold on, but have potential to win me over:

ALABAMA- she's iffy for me. I've yet to see the girl that intrigued me when she was crowned. I feel like Madison looks exquisite when made up for a pageant, but in candids she seems like an ordinary girl. The Alabama streak has the possibility of ending, but we shall see what Miss Guthrie has in store for us!

ALASKA- Not talked about a whole bunch on the board, but she can be very sexy. Kimberly was towards the bottom of my list when she was crowned, but I am digging her short hair and have seen improvement. I can tell she wants it.

ARKANSAS-Leah can be a bit too "pageant" at times for my taste. Lately, she's been looking great, however she is a tad big boned (not in a negative way, she is just on the taller and more athletic side)

CALIFORNIA- Some of the best professional shots this year, but she fails to transmit that beauty in candids. I definitely see her placing, though.

KENTUCKY- When Katie won her state title, something about her drew me in. I never really payed attention to it, but she has sparked my interest recently.

NORTH CAROLINA- Facially, Julia is quite beautiful, however my primary issue with her is styling. Often times she is dressed very homely and her hair and makeup appear to be rather lackluster. She definitely has the goods, though.

OHIO- HOT BODY, okay face. When Sarah isn't smiling, she stands out, but when she does, her teeth can be overpowering. I do like her and I know she is very sweet. I can see her making it. She has that semi-finalist appeal to her.

PENNSYLVANIA- Liz's face is very square and harsh. If she her to accentuate features that emphasized softness, she would be on track. I know many were rooting for Vera at PA USA, but I believe Liz deserved her win. She is another who has the semi-finalist appeal.

TENNESSEE- I picked Kiara on the Road to, so something was there to make me select her. Granted, her face is not feminine in appearance, but she compensates with exceptional styling. I do think the colored contacts have to go, though.

UTAH- There is something holding me back. Nicol is very pretty, but she lacks polish and proper maintenance. If Nicol were to be glammed to the nines, there is no doubt she will dominate at Miss USA.

Last edited by author: Fri April 17, 2015 10:20:44   Edited 8 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Replies:
Subject: My top 15

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:26 04/17/15 Fri

My first top 15 list for the year :) I sincerely hope they go back to having a top 15/16... in my eyes calling a top 20 devalues the prestige of making the semi-finals.

In alpha order:

Last edited by author: Fri April 17, 2015 07:55:54   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Malaysia 2015

Author:
anni
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:44 04/17/15 Fri

Vanessa Tevi Kumares (23 yrs) has just won the 2015 Miss Malaysia Universe pageant in Kuala Lumpur.

Sigh, I'm not understanding this result (let me leave it at that).

Malaysia, despite being a clapper for more than four decades now, has been doing much better with candidates like Deborah Henry, Kimberly Leggett, Carey Ng, and Sabrina Bennett. There were excellent candidates again this year, but this choice seems like a step-back..

Anyway, best of luck to Vanessa as she represents Malaysia at Miss Universe 2015. Let's see if she can prove me wrong.

Last edited by author: Fri April 17, 2015 14:09:18   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]23456789 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.