|Subject: WHAT HAPPENED NEW JERSEY?|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 01:10:36 10/20/14 Mon
I was in the audience tonight in NJ, and I have to say, this was the weirdest finals night I have ever seen. I actually felt sick to my stomach after the Top 5 was called out. I don't think a single person in the room thought that that would be the top 5. DISCLAIMER: I do not have a daughter in the running and I actually like the winner, but I am just expressing my fear of what NJ is coming to.
NJ crowns the same girl every year. Average height, dark hair, no real girls who scream MISS USA! I had Jordan Rector winning it tonight after swim/gown, with Katherine/Savannah right behind her. I was so excited that NJ might actually crown a different looking girl this year! But no, the Top 5 all looked the exact same, with some certain girls having NO business being there. All around the same height, same hair, and the on stage question was a nightmare. Thankfully, the best girl out of the Top 5 won, but Vanessa C did not deserve a first runner up spot. I am just so shocked that only one "front runner" (Carissa) made Top 5 and the others (Jordan, Savannah, Victoria, Jessielyn, Katherine, Kendall, etc) were shut out. Does NJ not want to be competitive at USA???
I feel really, really bad for the girls in the Top 20 who were left out of the top 5 who deserved to be there. Jordan, Victoria, Savannah, Katherine were all solid. I am afraid that NJ is becoming too "political" where they are only interested in one type of girl and those who are deserving of a Top 5 spot will miss it because they don't fit that exact mold. It's been this way for years. Many people in the audience made comments when each Top 5 girl was called out. I think we all had an uneasy feeling.
Either way, congrats to Vanessa O. She was radiant tonight, and I am sure she will make a great titleholder. I just wish the Top 5 would have reflected the performances tonight.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I have not seen the pageant but based on headshots and other pictures I googled I thought the top 20 was rather solid although it had a few WTFs, the top 5 on the other hand was a huge surprise and more of a negative one, so I'd agree with you. NJ had so many girls that could have been competitive including even winning the crown and I feel they crowned a girl that is out of the running even as far as top 15 is concerned (jmho). (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 01:19:46 10/20/14 Mon
- Agreed I had in my head mostly blondes in top 5, which included Kendall Jessielyn and Jordan. -- Confused, 07:44:48 10/20/14 Mon
- Standouts for sure were rector, Kendall, and the palumbos. Gal wasn't bad but can't walk, savannah wasnt in tip top shape, Ora looked pretty this year, Victoria didn't look great this year and Vanessa the winner was pretty but blah on stage. Very random and very MAO this year. -- Nj, 08:58:57 10/20/14 Mon
- IT WAS MENTIONED AT THE PAGEANT THAT THE NEW TEEN AND MISS WINNER WERE COACHED BY JACQULINE BEAUTIES AS WELL AS 2 OTHER TOP 5 MISS GIRLS AND LAST YEARS WINNER TOO. (NT) -- WHEN TOP 5 WAS CALLED I PRAYED VANESSA OR CARISSA WOULD WIN., 09:21:47 10/20/14 Mon
- In my opinion, Lea, Vanessa C, and Alex should not have been up there. Top 5 really should have been Carissa, Jessielyn, Jordan, Kendall, and savannah. Without a single doubt. Some funny business going on (NT) -- Audience member, 10:29:47 10/20/14 Mon
- It is very strange that Jacklyn Pezzota is the head of the hair and makeup for the contestants and coaches the girls as well. This is a conflict of interest, she is backstage with the girls and can obviously coach her clients the entire weekend. (NT) -- New Jersey, 11:01:54 10/20/14 Mon
- i was really rooting for a palumbo to get crowned, surprised only one made it into top 5 -- =/ oh well, 12:04:45 10/20/14 Mon
- This is the state that wouldn't crown Alyssa Campanella Miss New Jersey USA. We all know what happened once she state hopped. It appears like Washington, they are not looking for a Miss USA. I feel bad for all the contestants who have worked hard at preparing. then get cut for no reason. (NT) -- Ashthon, 12:11:54 10/20/14 Mon
- CLICK IN!!! -- Formers Mom, 13:50:39 10/20/14 Mon
- Click In. -- The facts from someone who knows what they're talking about., 15:48:29 10/20/14 Mon
- I couldn't have said it better myself....TOP 5 was on point...END OF STORY! ^^^ (NT) -- PGMomma, 15:54:48 10/20/14 Mon
- I don't think anyone is attacking the winner. No one is saying she was undeserving. I think the bigger problem here is the lack of diversity in the girls who are crowned. Everyone keeps talking about the front runners and surprise surprise.... Savannah, Jordan, Jessielyn, Kendall are all BLONDE. That's the vibe I'm getting and that's my opinion. (NT) -- You all need to calm down!, 16:34:58 10/20/14 Mon
- Love how Emily Shaw is still being attacked. I was at that pageant and there was not a dry eye in the audience. Everyone knows how amazing of a title holder Emily was. Are you a former or a mother of a daughter who didn't win? LOLOL (NT) -- anyways......., 17:33:20 10/20/14 Mon
- can someone post pics from Miss nj pageant? I want to see if its as bad as you all say -- I personally loved emily as Miss NJ, 19:00:42 10/20/14 Mon
- The Palumbo Girls -- Audience, 19:33:46 10/20/14 Mon
- Gah The miss is a knock off of last year IMO. but I can see potential at the end of the day. (NT) -- Blah pick a blonde jersey come on now, 02:16:42 10/21/14 Tue
- NJ is desperately trying to get a replay of Tiffany Andrade. (NT) -- FanniePack, 16:33:20 10/21/14 Tue