VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2017 State Titles

USA state pageants for 2017 are now COMPLETE !Stay tuned for national Miss USA and Miss Teen USA dates !

OFFICIAL Sponsor of the Mr. USB contest

Subject: Rank the BIG 4 queens. No explanation. Just rank it.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:55:11 02/04/17 Sat

Miss Earth/Miss International/Miss Universe/Miss World

since everyone is bitchin'. Here's an updated grid.

Last edited by author: Sun February 05, 2017 15:44:03   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Replies:
Subject: More profiles

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:50 03/02/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Profile updates

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:45 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: WTAF???

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:34 03/03/17 Fri

Oh. Em. Gee.

Replies:
Subject: Whoever the moderator is of this board: please do not be biased towards certain contestants you like and you don't like. If there is drama or an argument starting, DELETE THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION. Not just the opinion you don't want to hear. Let's not turn this board into the Miss America board.

Author:
Please, ok, thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:20 02/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Mr. USB 2017!!!!!

Author:
USBModStacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:05 02/28/17 Tue

TOMORROW is the deadline to accept your nomination! E-mail your acceptance to HarrisonProdLLC@gmail.com

Replies:

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:26 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject:  photo 5_zpsavw2gwsg.jpg

Author:
Sxoxo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:40 02/18/17 Sat

I already posted this shot on the FB group but I'm posting it here becasue I don't think all of you are over there and I still have hope that this board can be fun again and get back to supporting ALL the titlehodlers! So here is your Miss Nevada USA's crowning shot by Oscar Picazo! If you have others of other girls please post them and let's get a fun thread going of all the girls now that they are crowned!

Replies:

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:16 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:08 02/28/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Grant Gravitts and Florida Franchise

Author:
Orlandorgasmic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:16 02/24/17 Fri

I guess many heard the news already that Grant Gravitts lose the Florida franchise. He will no longer control Miss Florida USA and all those locals. Unfortunately Genesis Davilla bitched and bitched until MUO could no longer ignore her. I'm sick at my stomach about it. She cheated all throughout the pageant and is just mad that she got caught. Grant shouldn't of lost the franchise because of her and all the rabid out of control Puerto RIcans who bitched about it. Whether Genesis was even eligible is even questioning, what is a Puerto Rican doing competing in the Miss USA realm anyway, Puerto Rico has its own pageant system. Stay in your own country. Meanwhile a freind told me that SHanna Moakler is being named the new director in Florida. That will come out next week, also she may have been involved with the Genesis fiasco to get Grant fired. But that would be good news as she would likely get Florida more placements!

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:18 02/25/17 Sat

Taking a cue from S.xoxo so here's MISS PA USA that popped up on the Froggy 101 page.

Replies:

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:59 02/28/17 Tue

Subject: Celebrating Black History Month

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:28 02/22/17 Wed

Over the course of the next four months, Miss USA 2017 will be chosen. This will be the second consecutive year that the pageant will be produced by the IMG organization. I'm predicting true to form that they will continue to evolve, and represent a women of intellect, beauty and substance. The organization has done an exemplary job of marketing and promoting a 21st century view of womanhood. Beauty Pageants across the board have become obsolete and unappealing to people in the mainstream. Most progressive women consider them demeaning and unpractical. They no longer have the luster or appeal beyond pageant enthusiast.

In order for the industry to survive IMG had to make radical changes. During the Madisan Square Garden/CBS years, Miss Universe, USA and Teen USA figurehead was prestigious. Network television, huge corporate sponsors, and reliable viewers and spectators alike supporting all three pageants. The prizes were substantial and the prestige of the titles were significant. It was an enormous platform to launch careers in television, film, modeling and entrepreneurial endeavors. These were the days when the winners were spokes people for major retail giants like JC Penny.

In honor of Black History Month. I wanted to reflect on my introduction and exposure to the world of pageantry. In 1986, I watched my first Miss USA Pageant while a senior in high school. That year, a stunningly beautiful Chirsty Brinkley clone won from the state of Texas. I attended my first State Pageant in Michigan in November 1988, in support of two of my friends outgoing Miss Michigan USA Anthonia Dotson and competing contestant Kenya Moore. Me, Carole Gist, Kenya Moore and disgraced Mayor of the City of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick graduated from Cass High School in Detroit. I graduated1986, Kenya, Carole and Kwame graduated in1987 and 1988.

Carole and Kenya were stunningly beautiful, tall and popular with all the boys in school. Carole demeanor was a little reserved but Kenya was outgoing. This was during the eighties when black women started competing in mainstream pageants. Both Carole and Kenya had won Miss Black World Michigan. It was a cultural pride pageant that was a spring board to launch girls careers in modeling and entertainment. This was a prestigious pageant during that time, and enticed the very best and brightest African American women in the State. It was a televised event and huge in popularity and prestige. Kenya won on her first attempt in 1988 and Carole on her second attempt in 1989.

By this time, I began to become more involved in the industry as coach and advisor. In 1988, there were very few straight African American men in the history. The Miss Michigan USA/Teen USA Director was a black man name Gary Grizzell. He was a local businessman that was married to a stunning white lady who was a former Miss Michigan World in 1975. He was very nice looking and we'll spoken. He was a nice guy, but his organization was cheap. Several former Miss Michigan USA winners received very little time or resources preparing for the national competition. Miss Michigan USA 1989 Karen Funican was stunning. With proper preparation she could have put Michigan on the map. The lack of preparation for that young woman was atrocious.

In the spring of 1989, Carole year of service for the Miss Black World Michigan organization was over. By this time,I was engrossed in the industry. I was still in undergraduate school, but making money and certifying my credentials working on various prep teams. I was responsible for recruiting, marketing and promoting women in pageantry competitions around the States. This was prior to cell phones and the social media revolution.

In the fall of 1989, we stated preparing Carole Gist for the State Pageant. Kenya had won another title is the State (Miss Michigan United) and was to busy to compete. During this time she was traveling with the auto show while balancing her studies at Wayne State University in Detroit.

I had established a great rapport with Mr. Grizzell. He asked me to serve on the judges panel of the State Pageant that year. I had to decline because we were preparing Carole for the competition. He needed a replacement African American judge. I referred my good friend former Mr. Black Michigan Craig Green. He knew of Carole but didn't know her on the pageant circuit. I knew Craig would be impartial and I never revealed to him that our team had been working with her. I knew Carole was the real deal and she could win it fairly.

In November of 1989, Carole Gist won the title of Miss USA in a landslide. There were six judges on the panel. Her on stage presentation was flawless. Ironically at the coronation ball gathering Craig and Mr. Grizzell told me that she won the pageant in interview. Her stage presentation cemented the deal. Everyone in that ballroom knew that history was going to be made in Kansas City. On February 1990, Carole Ann Marie Gist became the first black woman to win the Miss USA title and it made headlines around the world. Debbye Turner was Miss America that year and Renee Tenison had become Playboy Playmate of the Year. USA today labeled the achievements the year of triumph for black women in pageants and fashion. Carole paved the way for black women to follow in her footsteps. I'm grateful to have been a part of her journey and black history.

Replies:
Subject: Since I can't now spoil the Oscars Best Picture announcement gaffe, there's a meme going around where the movie posters for Moonlight & La La Land are Photoshopped onto Ariana & Pia's faces from MU 2015.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:25:04 02/27/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: MUO TRIO.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:13 02/16/17 Thu

A post shared by BestimageUSA (@bestimageusa) on

Last edited by author: Thu February 16, 2017 22:38:00   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: What is with this board's moderating?

Author:
hmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:58 02/26/17 Sun

What qualifies a post or reply to be removed? I am just trying to understand because I see stuff removed all the time that baffles me. Yet the racist reply by EarthWind below can remain up.

Subject: Take my word for it- The Gravitts ran a fair pageant! I HATE to read all the lies I see on here. I should know, since I worked on the pageants this past year. I saw how things were handled. It was all on the up and up. It was not rigged or fixed. Genesis had model type looks and could have gone far WITHOUT cheating. She lost her crown once we had proof that she had broken the rules. Tel-Air handled everything in the proper way. I saw that first hand, from way before the pageant until after the whole lawsuit issues. Don't believe everything you read on here.

Author:
FloridaUSAfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:04 02/24/17 Fri

It's so sad to see how this has played out. NO loyalty from the MUO. They are ending a great tradition in pageantry, because the Gravitts acted on principle and did the right thing.

Replies:
Subject: WATCH: Sherri Hill Fashion Show- Iris and Deshuana

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:34:41 02/14/17 Tue

A post shared by powerhousePH (@powerhouseph_) on

Last edited by author: Tue February 14, 2017 02:35:14   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Long Face

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:31 02/20/17 Mon

What is this new fashion for long-faced beauty queens? We had Dayana Mendoza, then Olivia Jordan (when you had to practically scroll down through her portrait pictures), and now Iris. I mean, if you have big nose or crooked teeth, you're not exactly winning a beauty pageant any time soon. However, if you have long face - no issue. WTF?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Teen USA & Miss USA 2017-How do you feel? Can you identify any contestants in the 102 State Winners?

Author:
Jaimie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:17 02/25/17 Sat

Fair Balance for all true beauties :)

Replies:
Subject: Big Ad Up Top

Author:
Concerned Citizen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:21 02/24/17 Fri

I don't mean to be rude, but I was under the impression that ads WERE NOT allowed on this board. Yet, every time I log in, I have to scroll past some big ass ad about Miss US International. Oh, I get it. Special treatment for that pageant! I guess I'll post my ad for gowns I'm not using anymore. Please stop the MF'ing hypocracy!

Replies:
Subject: WUSA’s Kristen Berset is 35 and has breast cancer — again

Author:
g
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:52 02/23/17 Thu

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wusas-kristen-berset-is-35-and-has-breast-cancer--again/2017/02/18/7ad9f336-a45b-48cd-a876-62009946e97b_story.html?utm_term=.66e1b498c402/

Replies:
Subject: Who is the new Florida director, and thoughts?

Author:
Florida Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:45 02/23/17 Thu

We liked the Gravitts..

Replies:
Subject: Any thoughts on Alaska?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:33 02/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Top Teens??

Author:
Hoping this year's winner is moreo of a Katherine and less of a Karly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:28 02/22/17 Wed

We now have our completed class of 2017 teens! Any favs? I'm personally loving CA,LA,HI,NV,VA

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123456789[10] ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.