|Subject: Warning: Pageant Rant Below!|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 22:05:44 06/20/17 Tue
Where is Iris, Kara, and Karlie?
Why does it feel like now days whoever wins the national pageant only has the first 2 weeks of the NYC media tour as the major highlight of their year? Poof, they disappear, and do little things with the NATIONAL title. Aren't they suppose to be getting paid as well?! Honestly, I don't think it's the titleholders fault directly. It is mainly MUO/IMGs fault!! All they care about is the pageant when it's on live tv!! They shoved diversity down our throats at the pageantsthis year, but do little activity raising awareness about it any other time of the year- do they really care or do their small brains think it will keep viewers? And they seem very unorganized with the locations, venues, and dates. That should all be announced AT LEAST 3 months ahead of time, to plan and purchase tickets, not the week before. Teen should be announced already. Ending the rant, the pageant is a crock of shit now. Was no need to turn good into bad.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- The former Miss USA Nia Sanchez, in her youtube review of this year's telecast slammed this year's pageant, and to my surprise said rumors were circulating that this year's top 5 were fed questions in advance. (NT) -- WilliamNYC, 01:16:36 06/21/17 Wed
- William can you share the link? (NT) -- fan, 13:09:38 06/21/17 Wed
- All 51 contestants received the same list of "potential topics" for final question the day before finals. The list included: education, US/international relations, women's rights, sexual assault, healthcare, equality, effects of social media, teen suicide, feminism, and body image. (NT) -- ..., 20:50:46 06/21/17 Wed
- I know MAO and MUO/IMG are completely different in how they run things, but while I'm more of a fan of MUO I do envy MAO they have had their state dates planned way in advance, they had the national date before any of the 2017-2018 contestants were crowned and they even have 2019 and 2020 secured for broadcast. I envy the organization MAO has, dates are set in stone. (NT) -- Anon-ie, 01:28:42 06/21/17 Wed
- Iris and Kara attended a summer solstice themed event for Amfar Tuesday night. Iris was a co-chair along with another former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo. (NT) -- Anon, 04:59:04 06/21/17 Wed
- I dont think the girls nor the org can be blamed here. Pageants are not what htey use to be. Not many companies are paying to have any beauty queens at their events these days. I dont think its a reflection of the girls, I think its been this way for years now. Being Miss (title) is not a draw to get people to events like they once were. (NT) -- washington mom, 07:57:26 06/21/17 Wed
- It was too obvious that the girls were given the subject in advance. I didn't fall for it at all. (NT) -- IMG is too concerned with intellectual image, 09:37:58 06/21/17 Wed
- Miss America still attends big events because of Dick Clark Productions. Any event that DCP produces like awards shows, etc Miss A will attend. (NT) -- Me, 14:20:53 06/21/17 Wed
- Karlie is MIA as usual but Kara & Iris are active on social media, make sure you follow them on Instagram (NT) -- they are busy !, 22:39:13 06/21/17 Wed
- It is 2017. Get with the times. You can follow all of their updates on social media. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube....etc etc.... Are you living under a rock? (NT) -- Ian Sebastin, 20:46:14 06/22/17 Thu