VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2017 State Titles

USA state pageants for 2017 are now COMPLETE !Stay tuned for national Miss USA and Miss Teen USA dates !

OFFICIAL Sponsor of the Mr. USB contest

Subject: We love you Deshauna! You made us very proud!

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:27:14 01/30/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Photogenic Award went to Albania and Congeniality Award to Korea

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:45:01 01/31/17 Tue

This comes directly from Paula Shugart. Congratulations to these ladies on their well deserved award.

Last edited by author: Tue January 31, 2017 02:45:41   Edited 1 time.

Subject: Just an FYI

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:13:53 01/31/17 Tue

CONGENIALITY is KOREA
PHOTOGENIC is ALBANIA

Subject: Miss New Mexico USA 2017-Ashley Mora

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:25 01/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Quick impressions from Miss UNIVERSE 2016!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:12 01/30/17 Mon

First up, I did not like the show. Unfortunately I am allergic to Steve Harvey, as he comes across as dumb (to be blunt), though I believe it is only an act. But what was worse, for the first to since 2001, there was no introduction of delegates by name. The evening gown and SS competitions were too short, I prefer to see them one by one. I liked the impromptu interview with delegates. And why the hell that strange number of 13, then 9, then 6, then 3. Can't we have 15, then 10, then 5 and all the 5 answer one question that is the same, one that is different for all 5? That is the best format. The show was weak, the performers just ok. I liked some tourism information about Philippines and I liked Pia being featured throughout the show.

Now top 13:
KENYA - Oh no, she was not among my favborite African delegates. On top of that she was very pageant patty, bad gown as well. She looked similar to their MW delegate, but without the better gown and the eloquence of the latter.
INDONESIA - Highway robbery. This girl should have been top 3. My only concern is that she does not seem to have that great English skils for an impromptu interview like this... I am not sure if crossovers in Indonesian pageantry is somethig possible at all. But give this girl to Julia Morley and she wins Miss World right away.
USA - Deshauna should be happy with her performance. I knew excluding her from top 13 is out of question, as MU org. has an imput in judging contestants, but I did not think she would go too far, especially since she still looks too thin for pageantry.
MEXICO - I personally love Kristal, but I understand why not everyone may like her as much. She has very strong facial features. Sometimes her pics look like a caricature. All in all, I was happy she ended up as high as she did.
PERU - This was a pleasant surprise. My num adored her. I liked her, but found her a bit generic. Though I understand why she got through.
PANAMA - I think this was my least favorite girl in top 13. Very generic looking, though my mum also liked her.
COLOMBIA - I need to admit she handled pressure very well. The gown was great, but something rubs me the wrong way... I think it is her attitude, she just does not seem like a good person, but then again Paulina Vega did not either... and at the end of her reign, I got used to her. But performance wise, she did very well. I thought she would end up 2nd runner-up after her EG and she did.
CANADA - Making top 9 at Universe at the end of pageant career is a great accomplishment. I do not mind her making it as much as some others on this message board... I prefered her in SS than in EG (which was a bad choice). All in all, she should be proud of herself.
PHILIPPINES - Joseph Vitug has said in his reviews that her interview skills are not the best. And it turned out to be the case, as she did not answer her question, talking about something else instead. I think it was a mistake Kylie Versoza was not crowned. She rocked at Miss International looking like a hot J-pop or K-pop singer. Top 6 is very generous to put it mildly. I would not be surprised if indeed, she was not among the original top 12 and out of the blue, at the very end MU org. decided to create top 13 so the audience does not boo or even worse...
BRAZIL - The impromptu interview was her undoing, as she barely answered. But all in all, she looked great in EG, among all the other eliminated contestants. She has some angles where she looks too masculine for comfort, so I am quite happy she did not go all the way.
FRANCE - Since Sylvie Tellier was able to oust Mme de Fontenay, France at Universe is ON FIRE. The over the top antics are gone and great girls with amazing personalities are crowned. She did perform extremely well, but with this panel, I did not expect her to be crowned at all. It surprised me big time. By the way, the translator did not translate her answers properly... especially the second answer. Also, her first answer as not as politically correct as the translator made it sound like as she stated that a country has the right to close its borders to refugees, if it decides to do so.
HAITI - My stepfather loved her. My mum liked her. I loved her performance. Her body, her gown, her interview and her personality are great! She looks like one of the most genuine contestants out there and I predict she will become one of the most liked 1st runner-ups over the years. I am not too crazy about her facial beauty though, but I am more than fine with her placement. What a pleasant surprise indeed!
THAILAND - Although I do not like her as much as Indonesia, her gown really rocked! She did not sound confident answering her question in Thai. On top of that, the answer was not the best either.

I really missed JAMAICA in that top 13. This is my favorite non-finalist of the year. Also, UKRAINE would have been nice. VENEZUELA did perform great, but it is understandable she did not make it, as her facial features are not that great.

Replies:
Subject: Longest Droughts Between MU Wins

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:53 01/30/17 Mon

With France winning their 2nd MU crown after 63 years, they broke the record for the longest drought between MU wins. I compiled crowing droughts of 10 or more years below; I didn't include countries whose crowning droughts are still active.

10 years: Venezuela (1986-1996)
11 years: Sweden (1955-1966)
12 years: Venezuela (1996-2008)
13 years: USA (1967-1980)
15 years: Puerto Rico (1970-1985), USA (1980-1995), USA (1997-2012)
18 years: Sweden (1966-1984)
19 years: Mexico (1991-2010)
21 years: Trinidad & Tobago (1977-1998)
23 years: Finland (1952-1975), Thailand (1965-1988), Canada (1982-2005)
32 years: Australia (1972-2004)
42 years: Philippines (1973-2015)
48 years: Japan (1959-2007)
56 years: Colombia (1958-2014)
63 years: France (1953-2016)

Subject: RUTH OCUMAREZ AWARD - Who do you think will take this most eluded honor this year?

Author:
Sergio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:11 01/28/17 Sat

Nominees:

VENEZUELA, COLOMBIA, PHILIPPINES, INDONESIA, THAILAND, BRAZIL, FRANCE, USA*, AUSTRALIA, MEXICO (who am i missing?)

Former winners

2002 - Ruth Ocumarez (Dominican Republic) - obviously!
2003 - Silvia Ceccon (Italy)
2004 - Oleksandra Nikolayenko (Ukraine)
2005 - Shermain Jeremy (Antigua and Barbuda)
2006 - Erin McNaught (Australia)
2007 - Doukissa Nomikou (Greece)
2008 - Ingrid Rivera (Puerto Rico)
2009 - ???? no clear winner?
2010 - Marelisa Gibson (Venezuela)**
2011 - Deborah Henry (Malaysia)
2012 - Bodine Koehler (Puerto Rico)
2013 - Hinarani de Longeaux (France)
2014 - ???? no clear winner?
2015 - Thi Huong Pham (Vietnam)

*based on sash factor
**won by sash factor. Most favorites made it that year. Venezuela is always expected to place.

Replies:
Subject: miss Panama's gown

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:32 01/30/17 Mon

I have not seen anything here about her gown. What a mess with granny panties ( or what looked like them under the gown. All I can say is YUK

Subject: You all should be ashamed of yourselves. All of you are lying, two-faced hyprocrites. At first, you throw Deshauna under the bus hard for thinking she won just because of her story. Cry about all year. She proved a lot of you wrong last night by making T9. But whenever shocker Kenya makes it, you all praise her like she's Jesus, just because you were touched by her story. I like new additions, but most definitely not her. I preferred everyone over her. But no comments that the biggest nose of all made it to the final 6. Wow.

Author:
Spit, spit, spit!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:22 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Special Awards

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:03:07 01/30/17 Mon

Miss Congeniality is Korea

Miss Photogenic is Albania

Replies:
Subject: So if they did the first cut of Miss Universe like usual. Which THREE contestants who you think were so close right under 13th place?

Author:
Not that it matters know. Just for fun post.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:30 01/30/17 Mon

Mine are Venezuela, Ukraine, and Puerto Rico. Maybe Australia and Iceland.

Subject: OVERNIGHT RATINGS FOR MISS UNIVERSE

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:52 01/30/17 Mon

FOX led Sunday’s ratings with its broadcast of the Miss Universe pageant, which was pretty well in line with its last outing in December 2015. The three-hour show averaged a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 5.21 million viewers vs. 1.6 and 5.62 million for the previous one.

Replies:
Subject: Lets talk GOWNS!

Author:
Linda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:02 01/30/17 Mon

Loved Colombia's gown.
Overall best gown - PIA's crowning gown. OMG THAT BLUE!

Subject: Did Canada roll her eyes?

Author:
Lol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:49 01/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Many girls changed gowns for the finals. Here's Philippines. A mistake IMHO

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:51:26 01/29/17 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun January 29, 2017 04:51:49   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Is there a video of the T 6 last night

Author:
anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:00 01/30/17 Mon

Subject: The Failing Islands

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:27 01/30/17 Mon

What has happened with Puerto Rico? In the past this island was consistently in the finals with an off year few times.

Dominican Republic: Yes, I know they placed last year but the island seems to be not be as fierce as it once was.

Trinidad/Tobago: I was not even aware they weren't competing? What happened to their franchise?

Replies:
Subject: Okay, MUO/IMG is officially rigged. USA gets all the airtime. And then magically gets asked about her BS military service yet again. I don't even have her in my top 30. Turning the tv off. Have fun, guys!

Author:
ex fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:37:28 01/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: I THINK WE ARE BACK TO CROWNING REAL BEAUTIES AGAIN. Hallelujah.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:14:58 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Did anybody noticed Miss USA's FACIAL SKIN TAGS on her Cheeks?.Were those SKIN TAGS or do i need eye glasses?

Author:
Angelino from L.A
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:24 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2017 Pageant MIGHT be in Manila again.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:31:14 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Suspicious??????

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:36 01/29/17 Sun

They will give it to Colombia to make up for last year. That was probably part of the deal made last year when the whole "wrong winner announcement" was dreamed up. Harvey is all but admitting that it was a publicity stunt by virtue of the fact that he keeps alluding to it. Last year was a pre-planned stunt for publicity. IMG needed a gimmick to get the pageant ratings out of the cellar. IMG, Steve Harvey, and Miss Colombia were all in on it. However, I do believe that Pia out of the loop and her surprised reaction was real.

Replies:
Subject: Just remember, everyone...

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:49 01/30/17 Mon

Only one more year with the horrendous, misogynistic, narcissistic Steve Harvey.

Hallelujah. He was the worst thing about last night. Every chance he got, he was trying to make the broadcast about him. It was disgusting.

Replies:
Subject: Thoughts regarding the pageant

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:51:35 01/30/17 Mon

Being pretty will not get you the crown, anymore. You have to be able to speak well. If you like Miss America then you will be happy with where the pageant is going. It was great to see Kenya and Haiti up in the T 9 and 6. Canada was a welcome surprise even if I did not like her because she opened the door for ladies who are not super skinny. With the emphasis on brains hopefully there will be less plastic surgery

Replies:
Subject: Mock Miss Universe 2016 Round 4 result video

Author:
USBMockSquad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:18:13 01/29/17 Sun

We have a new Mock Miss Universe! Thank you to all the mock judges who participated and enjoy the 65th Miss Universe pageant !

Replies:
Subject: Ruth O award goes to!

Author:
--------// Venezuela and Sierra Leone!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:03:30 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Vegas's HOT Top 13 with Commentary

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:05 01/29/17 Sun

Brazil: My Miss Universe, the likelihood of winning is slim but she is perfection in my eyes and comfortably knocked Colombia from my top spot.

Mexico: Loved the gown and ss presentation and one of the faces of the pageant.

Argentina: Surprise for me and they have been doing well. Stunning girl.

Belgium: Loved the gown, stunning face.

Curacao: The gown presentation was everything.

Dominican Republic: I try my best to keep this island off my list but I loved her gown and SS presentation.

Indonesia: You cannot get past her stunning face. Loved the gown presentation.

Poland: This country has been on my list since 2013 and yet fail to make it. I am sure its because she is always next to Phillippines, but alas, this stunning European beauty makes my list.

Sierra Leone: Weak gown presentation; however, her face is stunning. She is likely one of the few to have all natural hair and be natural. There is usually one surprise on finals and she is the strongest bet.

Ukraine: If Europe has a chance at winning, its this girl. I loved both her SS and gown presentations.

Venezuela: This girl shot up my list from being in the lower 30s and slowly creeping into my top 12. Her face is one of the weakest out of the entire field; however, her presentation skills are amazing. I love her and will be elated if she makes the cut (not win).

Colombia: Andrea, you broke my heart. She just barely makes my top 12. Beautiful face; horrible gown and ok SS presentation. Alas, she is my top 5 but I hope she brings it hard tonight. My gut tells me she will not make the cut winning the Ruthie but I hope my dream comes true with her at least making top 12.

France: One of the best gowns, stunning face. France is consistent and will likely be up there tonight.

By the way, my top 12 listed above are in no particular order.

Bubbles:

USA: Deshauna has been the most debated Miss USA in years (if not ever, maybe since Shauntay or Susie). My issues with USA have been made clear on this board and I stand behind those. I do think with a top 12, if USA makes the cut something is fishy as there are at least 12 girls better than her. But this is Miss Universe (regardless of Trump), she will get the call tonight. It is not deserved but it is what it is. I have my tequila ready and prepared to be bit on the behind by her advancements.

Thailand: Stunning gown, weak in the face. However, I fully expect her to make the cut tonight.

Aruba/Barbados: Both these girls brought their "A" game. Neither will make the cut tonight but my heart is with Barbados, she is stunning but made an unfortunate choice in gown. Aruba is stunning but my gut tells me it will not happen for her.

Honorable Mention: Iceland, loved her just needs more training.

Sentimental Favorite: Netherlands. She will not make the cut tonight but will be elated if she does.

Notable omission: PHILIPPINES. Yes, I know she is going to make the top 13 where it be the judges or fan vote. I was underwhelmed by her gown, she looks like the little mermaid at disney world (minus the red hair). SS was stronger for her but still not top 13. If this pageant was 10 years ago anywhere else but Manilla or USA, she would not make the cut. I have accepted that USA and Phillippines both will make the cut tonight but to be fair, neither one is Miss Universe material.

There you have it folks. Time to go get my dinner and pop my bottles of tequila and vodka. As my mentor RuPaul says, may the best woMAN win... best of luck to all 86 girls tonight.

Vegas/Original Rican :)

Replies:
Subject: Final thoughts

Author:
Ian Sebastin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:50 01/29/17 Sun

A general consensus seems to be happy that France won. I am felt that she was a deserving delegate to snatch the crown. Congrats to Europe for winning the crown for the first time since 1990. I am glad that my girl Colombia made the top three. She was a rock star tonight.

Congrats to Haiti for coming on most people's bubble list or out of nowhere to achieve a first runner up position. I had her ranked 14th after prelims.

Kenya stole my heart tonight. I am so glad that she got a chance to shine all the way into the top six.

Thailand was my original pick but after her top six answer I knew that was the end of the road for her.

Philippine surprised me tonight. I felt that she looked good on camera. I am glad that she wore her hair down.

I must commend Deshauna. She has faced so backlash. However, she proved herself on the international stage and still has the title of USA.

Was quite surprised that Brazil was eliminated so early.

Canada had no business being in that top 12. The fact that she made it after the swimsuit round is baffling. I am one of those people that believe in healthy bodies. If you're overweight then you're not healthy. I don't care what anyone says. This is a beauty pageant and there are certain standards that need to be upheld. People say that a beauty queen needs to be articulate well she also needs to be fit and healthy. I don't care what anyone says but being over weight in your 20's and 30's is not healthy. I am assuming that Canada was the 13th pick to promote the "healthy woman image".....

I was glad that Panama and Peru also made the cut. Personally I felt Panama was the best in SS. Surprised she got eliminated.

The show does not need to be 3 hours. The actual time for the delegates is so limited. Parading each delegate in groups of three is lame. How did the judges have time to judge them?

Overall I like the top 12. I am not counting Canada. I like how diversity was represented and sashes did not really seem to be the major influence.

Congrats to France. I loved her crowning reaction!

Replies:
Subject: I wonder how many of the contestants had teams to prepare them for MU. How many had already crowned their successor back home and who competed at MW.

Author:
Texas Fly Guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:02 01/30/17 Mon

Subject: Our New Miss Universe, Iris Mittenaere of France.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:56 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Just when you thought an Asian or Latina will win..

Author:
Full of surprises
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:34 01/29/17 Sun

Miss Universe is becoming more and more unpredictable. France is my personal winner, I wanted to pick her for the win. It I thought she will bomb interview.. boy was I wrong. I regret not picking her.. my winner didn't even make the cut!!!

Btw, just when you thought Europe will not make it and a Latina or Asian will win, the only European semi finalist won!! Isn't that interesting?? I thought Europe was the weakest group this year. Americas dominated the top 13 with 7 semi finalists but only Colombia made it to the top 6. Wow!

Replies:
Subject: will the pageant bne online to watch

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:53:01 01/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Rankings as of 2016

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:50:23 01/30/17 Mon

Limited to results in the medal round

1. USA: 8 wins, 9 1st RU, 7 2nd RU
2. Venezuela: 7 wins, 6 1st RU, 6 2nd RU
3. Puerto Rico: 5 wins, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
4. Philippines: 3 wins, 2 1st RU
5. Sweden: 3 wins, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
6. Colombia: 2 wins, 5 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
7. Brazil: 2 wins, 5 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
8. Finland: 2 wins, 3 1st RU, 5 2nd RU
9. Australia: 2 wins, 1 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
10. Japan, India, Canada: 2 wins, 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
13. Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Thailand: 2 wins, 1 2nd RU
16. France: 2 wins
17. Spain: 1 win, 2 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
18. Dominican Republic: 1 win, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
19. South Africa, Greece, Norway: 1 win, 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
22. Germany, Netherlands: 1 win, 1 1st RU
24. Israel, Russia, Argentina, New Zealand: 1 winner, 1 2nd RU
28. Chile, Peru, Angola, Namibia, Lebanon, Botswana: 1 win
34. Italy, Wales: 2 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
36: Haiti: 2 1st RU
37. England: 1 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
38. Ukraine, Scotland, Austria, Hawaii: 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
42. Korea, Jamaica, Aruba, Panama, Curacao, Denmark, Iceland, El Salvador, Guam, Bermuda: 1 1st RU
52. Ireland: 2 2nd RU
53. Hong Kong, Switzerland, China, Kosovo, Ecuador, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sri Lanka: 1 2nd RU

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.