|Subject: Let's talk Miss World America.|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 18:26:16 06/08/15 Mon
I'm excited for this. With United States helping them kick off, I think it's going to be a great year.
All of the contestants are up on the Miss World America website here: http://www.missworldamerica.com
We have some pageant vets in here.
Teresa Scanlan, the youngest Miss America winner is representing Nebraska again. Good on her. She has matured quite a bit and I really want her to do well.
Rachel White, Miss Texas World, placed at Miss United States last year (I want to say top 15?). This girl... Pictures don't do her justice. She is beautiful, smart, and a total sweet heart. Not to mention she works in Regenerative Biology!
We have some USA girls in here too.
I found the following on the guru board:
Areille Rosmarino, Kristy Landers, Carlyn Bradarich, Erza Haliti, Chelsie Folde, Corrin Stellakis, Kailyn Perez, Ashley Mora, April Maroshick, and Shannon Lynch will also be competing.
I'm sorry I don't know how to post pics for y'all!
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I forgot to add that they will be doing leaderboards at Miss World America like they do at Miss World. (NT) -- :), 18:27:33 06/08/15 Mon
- As much as I love Carlyn, Kristy is very Miss World. (NT) -- HiJake, 18:43:17 06/08/15 Mon
- Teresa FTW - talent winner for sure! (NT) -- John James, 01:21:16 06/09/15 Tue
- The NEW Miss INTERNATIONAL crown is a better version of the current Miss UNIVERSE crown! - A hundred times better!! (NT) -- Will Miss WORLD have a new crown as well?!!?, 06:32:46 06/09/15 Tue
- Top 5 : LOUISIANA. NEBRASKA. ILLINOIS. VIRGINIA. ALABAMA. (NT) -- GOOD LUCK, 14:52:52 06/09/15 Tue
- The Miss World America live interviews are on You Tube at Pageant Live -- pp, 22:56:06 06/09/15 Tue
- Is there a board for Miss World America? (NT) -- Em, 23:05:20 06/09/15 Tue
- So excited that there is an actual pageant for this now! I just can't believe it took this long. Very, very surprised Teresa Scanlon is competing. I know she was very young when she won Miss America, but it seems like some unspoken rule that when you win a major title you're done (until you reach the Mrs. circuit anyway). Very excited to see so many USA girls competing, though I'd really love to see Chelsie and Shannon competing at their respective USA state pageants this fall, if they are still interested. (NT) -- JennNYC, 23:29:00 06/09/15 Tue
- I'm with you, JennNYC. THis is somewhat of a historic time in American pageantrybecause we FINALLY have actual pageants to select the American representative to ALLthe major pageants, Misses Universe, World, International, Earth, and Supranational! So, finally, an American woman can actually sign up to run in all these pageants. NOW, we need to work on not having them all bunched up at the same time of year, which would actually encourage more women to run. (NT) -- Tiki-Java, 15:01:52 06/10/15 Wed
- Miss Mass. World America is in the news:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3116867/I-ashamed-thought-worthless-Pageant-queen-tells-overcame-depression-raped-age-13-win-Miss-Massachusetts-World-America-crown.html (NT) -- Anon, 08:10:55 06/10/15 Wed
- Nebraska looks like Tara Conner but she doesn't look like that in real life so I don't think she'll win. One thing thing to remember is that Miss World doesn't seem to go for over the top,hair flipping girls,but a more regal and natural look especially make up. I LOVE Alaska-wow. DC ,Iowa. My hometown girl Kristy! FL and NM,wow! Is it being shown online? Is anyone going? (NT) -- fan, 09:47:16 06/10/15 Wed
- Actually, Nebraska DOES look like that in real life. She just posted a youtube video about her deciding to compete for Miss World America and the girl is GORGEOUS. She has certainly grown up and developed beautifully in her own skin since her Miss America win at 17. Looking at her today I would say she is definitely MORE USA than ever Miss America. Why I think this girl is going to win is because she is EVERYTHING Miss World looks for. She has the beauty and lord Jesus does she have the BRAINS! Not to mention her non stop involvement with her platform that won her Miss America in the first place. It's hers to lose. (NT) -- She's my pick, 13:30:51 06/10/15 Wed
- I would recommend going to the website to see the prices these directors are charging to attend EACH competition. This doesn't even include the additional fees these girls are forced to pay including travel, food, and lodging over one of the busiest weeknds of the year in DC. For the record, the reason why the former MA is competing is because all of her fees are being paid by her 'sponsor', Pageant Planet. In all my years of pageantry, I don't ever reall a major national pageant expecting their contestants to foot the bill for the 'honor' of competing for a crown. (NT) -- ureka smoke, 15:25:58 06/10/15 Wed
- I am with the majority, that it is great to once again have a national pageant for all the international pageants, including Miss World. BUT what does bother me is this seemingly last minute entrant of a Teresa. I wonder if some of the delegates feel cheated now and how many would have entered knowing that a major "sponsor" of the pageant is sponsoring a former national titleholder. It just clouds the pageant and perhaps her win. Guess it is true what I have always heard about the Miss United States pageant....$$$$$$$$$ (NT) -- Amy Farrah Fowler, 15:55:22 06/10/15 Wed
- You want last minute? Look at Oklahoma. -- What a Joke, 16:09:52 06/10/15 Wed
- Teresa will not win. She should not have won Miss America either. Should have been Arkansas that year. (NT) -- ghrtt3, 20:09:57 06/10/15 Wed
- While I agree Arkansas was robbed at Miss America, I have to say that Teresa looks great from every pic I have seen, and I think she will be up there and could win. If she does, she will have earned it. (NT) -- SanFranGuy, 16:35:45 06/11/15 Thu
- I think it is fantastic that Teresa is competing and it would do them well to have her as their winner for their inaugural pageant - she is incredibly well spoken, dedicated to whatever she is doing and pretty to look at. For an ambassador, I honestly can't think of a better contestant that is currently competing than her. If they are trying to build a brand and create prestige (which it seems they are, considering who they've recruited and that they have Mikimoto doing the crown), they need someone with connections, a good reputation and a great brand rep from the very beginning. (NT) -- ., 10:24:18 06/19/15 Fri
- I find it amusing so many are so pissy about a former Miss America competing. She was 17 when she won. Maybe she likes to compete. As many in pageants do. Like someone said on here once before, only in pageantry are you punished for continuing to compete and doing what you like. I thin we have some girls on here competing against here that are concerned. Good for her for competing again! Who knows what the outcome will be. I find it odd to be so against her. It speaks VOLUMES about those that have an issue with it. (NT) -- ., 20:21:42 06/10/15 Wed
- I didn't really like Teresa when she won Miss America, I didn't think she was that pretty. I thought she looked like a 17 year old trying to look like a 25 year old and it was weird. However after watching the video she made where she announced herself running again, I was BEYOND pleased. She's so gorgeous and speaks so well. Whether you like it or not, she is definitely a top contender. (NT) -- MissUSAFan, 21:22:05 06/10/15 Wed
- There are some very pretty girls competing. By the way, there is no talent competition -- pp, 23:57:15 06/10/15 Wed
- I am suddenly obsessed with the NE World rep, Teresa Scanlan. She is my favorite Miss America rep, mainly bc im from a neighboring state but i watched her interview mentioned above and it was phenomenonal! I just find her so genuine, relatable, kind and honest. she has the ability to always say the right thing without coming across even the slightest bit patty. just such a genuine role model. And quite honestly very pretty...take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/UoPQl0VD1Zw GO Nebraska! (NT) -- lipbalm, 01:22:26 06/11/15 Thu
- Miss Florida is very polished. She is well spoken. She is confident, but she is to patty for my taste. I wish her well and hope she has fun though. Go Florida! (NT) -- chexmex, 09:30:31 06/11/15 Thu
- USBModStacey, please CLICK Here to see the NEW crown for Miss INTERNATIONAL. -- Norman, 19:58:31 06/11/15 Thu
- When will the official headshots be posted on the national website? -- Pat, 01:12:33 06/14/15 Sun
- Can someone start a new forum for Miss World America, so the comments don't get lost with 2 national competitions going on at the same time -- xoxo, 00:24:42 06/16/15 Tue
- Official Headshots & Introduction Videos will be posted on Friday at www.missworldamerica.com -- pop, 00:46:54 06/19/15 Fri
- headshots are already up -- pp, 00:49:29 06/19/15 Fri
- The Miss WORLD Pageant is a festival celebrating Beauty together with charity, culture, fashion, sport, talent & tourism! - Be there to see it all for an experience of a lifetime! -- BEAUTY With A PURPOSE ( BWAP ), 02:33:54 06/20/15 Sat
- The photogenic contest has been launched. NM is in the lead, AZ 2nd, NE 3rd, OH 4th, -- Lena, 23:33:23 06/20/15 Sat
- -- HiJake, 06:56:46 06/27/15 Sat
- What is the voy page number for this pageant, again? I think I just went to the wrong one. (NT) -- thank you!, 07:02:16 06/29/15 Mon
- The World America voy is http://www.voy.com/244422/ (NT) -- LookBookQueen, 10:14:59 06/29/15 Mon
- BUMP in case anyone wants to track the MUO alums! (NT) -- FirmGrip, 16:18:42 07/01/15 Wed
- I am so confused I thought Miss United States was sending the national delegate to Miss World what happened? (NT) -- went to look and the state rep I thought was competing for a chance to go to Miss World isn't the same girl., 01:55:37 07/02/15 Thu
- The Landers girl will win this. This will create more crossovers from the USA system. If the pageant wants to thrive, it will incentivize the crown chasers. (NT) -- MAO contestants generally move on after their big one. Miss USA ladies still trying to promote their entertainment/modeling goals., 16:04:00 07/02/15 Thu
- Here's some info. Go to missworldamerica home page and buy a virtual/ streaming ticket for 9.99. I used PayPal. The evening gown prelim is in an hour. Sure I paid too much but I'm jazzed for a pageant staying available and easy to access. Get your ticket! (NT) -- Smile Pretty, 18:09:33 07/02/15 Thu