|Subject: Miss Venezuela 2013: What Happened?|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 13:22:37 11/18/14 Tue
What happened to the court of Miss Venezuela 2013?
A journalist from Venevision, revealed in his program today that due to weight issues, Miss Universe Venezuela 2013 Migbelis Castellanos will no longer represent Venezuela at Miss Universe 2014. Does that mean the recently crowned Mariana Jimenez will be in Doral in January? She doesn't have much time to prepare but, on the bright side, she only needs to sustain her fit body for a few months.
Just last week, Miss International Venezuela 2013 Michelle Bertolini sported a black TANKINI with a sarong intact around her waist! I haven't seen something like that since Miss Teen USA 2001! Clearly, she was also a victim of weight gain and was certainly not prepared. Was Osmel in a coma?
The most promising representative, Miss Earth Venezuela 2013 Stephanie de Zorzi was supposed to compete at Miss Earth 2014, which is happening right now, but the Miss Venezuela Organization decided not to let her compete. Sources state that after a modeling job in Mexico she returned to Venezuela with a few more pounds.
Osmel did not think she was at the right weight to go off and represent Venezuela at the pageant. She was replaced by Miss Earth Venezuela 2014 Maira Alexandra Rodríguez who was originally set to compete the following year, and she is doing well so far, winning a silver medal in evening gowns last night.
However, Osmel clarified that de Zorzi was not dethroned as she was able to finish her reign as Miss Earth Venezuela.
CONCLUSION: The fact that the Miss Universe 2014 pageant is moved to January 2015. Many girls have passed on their crowns to new winners, moved on with their lives, received better opportunities, etc. Ukraine's original representative, Anna Andres, pretty much said: "Screw you, MUO. I have better things to do than to wait around for a year." In Venezuela's case, the more they wait, the more weight they gain. Shall we call that the Machado Syndrome? I feel bad for Migbelis because she looked Miss Universe-ready. How could she stay on such a strict diet and fitness program for over a year, while not knowing when the Miss Universe pageant will be? Once she passed on her crown, I think psychologically her brain is telling her: "That's it. You're done." Perhaps, that's why she went off the diet and ditched her competition body. I bet you she's happy.
Last edited by author: Tue November 18, 2014 13:31:59
Edited 7 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Because this post and these photographs are coming from you, "silver" I completely believe every (well-written) word. (I especially liked your turn of phrase: "the more they wait, the more weight they gain". I'm confused as to who will rep Venezuela at Miss Universe in January (and that is not because of your information, I am simply confused). My biggest question is: We've already seen several reps withdraw for one reason or another. Will many more drop out for similar reasons? (NT) -- Well-written. Thanks for the information., 13:40:07 11/18/14 Tue
- I think she will show up looking amazing. They always do. This was an issue last year or year before as well. It was not an issue once she hit the stage. (NT) -- Jmo, 13:46:36 11/18/14 Tue
- I wonder if Osmel will do this to Migbelis. I hope not, there are still over two months to go before the finale, it`d say there is enough time to get in shape. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (NSI), 13:51:07 11/18/14 Tue
- I follow Migbelis on Instagram. I don't think she's been looking fat at all. (NT) -- ,, 13:53:30 11/18/14 Tue
- Sucker, I know that "story" is on Missosology, but I don't see any links to the supposed story from Venevision. Also, Migbelis looks great on her Instagram. She posted a picture in a bikini about a month ago, and she looked awesome. This same tired story just keeps getting rehashed by Misso, and while I don't know what their motives are in making this up, it sure smells like bullshit to me. Have you seen something from a source other than Misso? (NT) -- SouthernGirl, 15:06:38 11/18/14 Tue
- I dont have a problem with this. When you win a title, you enter into a contract. I'm sure that a country like Venezuela has very well defined terms as to weight gain and consequences. Its not like these girls dont know they are representing Venezuela on an international level, and that they WILL be ousted for significant weight gain. No politically correct mumbo jumbo here. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 15:12:32 11/18/14 Tue
- The MUO needs new owners and a new network. They never had this issue on CBS with announcing date and location ahead of time, and no excuse NBC (the low rated network that it is) can't find one day in advance to set aside for the pageants. It's like not announcing the Olympics until a month before; they know it's coming and happening. I do feel sorry for the girls originally crowned that are either passing their titles up (their choice, but I don't blame them for wanting to move on) or who are being dethroned because they couldn't keep up over a year later. (NT) -- JennNYC, 15:17:52 11/18/14 Tue
- It also says NOTHING about her not going to Miss Universe on their Miss Venezuela Message Board and you know those crazies would be the FIRST to report it. On the contrary, they showed her looking gorgeous at a recent event modeling a gown. Who knows, mayeb she isn't going, would be scandalous!! (NT) -- CURLYDEWD, 16:53:27 11/18/14 Tue
- So was I right to assume before that some reps for 2014 would get screwed because of the missing year? i hope Migbelis gets to go and I trust Osmel to work his wonders from now till she arrives in fla. (NT) -- eloise, 16:53:57 11/18/14 Tue
- Interesting post. As we all know, Venezuela would never send a delegate to Miss Universe without the very least, ensuring that she shows up in compeititive form. Migbelis will look fantastic when she gets to Miami. First, I'm sure that Osmel Souza has her on a very strict diet, going forward and second, she actually doesn't look bad at where she's at. She's about 8-10 pounds away from an ideal competitive form which takes less than a month to achieve. I think the photos of her that are circulating at the moment are captured in really bad angles, yet people like to post them for whatever reason. I've seen numerous photos of her recently, where she looks great. I'm 100% confident that she will be a force upon arrival. (NT) -- Sexydrew82 (nsi), 17:52:02 11/18/14 Tue
- Ooh Miggy Migs is serving some Alicia Machado realness for sure! Okay, so I know I’m not coming from firsthand experience, but to keep the body “Universe ready” must be a MAJOR MAJOR commitment both physically and mentally. I’m sure when Miggy won Miss VZLA she was riding the excitement from winning and knowing she was going to perhaps give her country another back to back win. So yea, you have that momentum going for you and sure you can maintain yourself and keep ready. But for the pageant to have been dragged out this much now – it had to have taken the steam out a bit. Yes, these girls should know what they’re getting themselves into, but they’re human too and a pageant can’t be their SOLE commitment in life. It sucks that they’ve been somewhat in limbo for all these months. I really commend Miggy and all the other 2014 Miss Universe delegates who have been patient and continue to rep their countries best they can. Hopefully their experience in Florida will be worth the wait. (NT) -- JayBay, 19:26:29 11/18/14 Tue
- I also follow her on IG and she looks amazing. This is just one unflattering photo. If she is truly moving on and not competing at Miss Universe, you can tell by photos that this is not a weight related issue. All of that aside, she is firmly in my top 5 at Miss Universe if she is the representative. (NT) -- Suebee, 11:42:32 11/19/14 Wed
- Stephanie de Zorzi.. what a waste! But I actually could barely recognize her when she passed on her crown to Maira just a few months back... (NT) -- HCF, 20:59:06 11/19/14 Wed
- Blows my mind how these girls are changed... Sure you have all seen it - I had not - and I'm just in awe
This is the VIDEO where that capture is from... she's gained weight but she's not FAT at all. (NT) -- TxIdol, 22:36:23 11/19/14 Wed
- Wait a second. Stephanie de Zorzi was banned from competing at ME but she gets to keep her title? Isn't participating in ME her only task? (NT) -- Tina Marie Voguls, 00:04:11 11/21/14 Fri