|Subject: Which girls do you think are flying under the radar that you personally think will make a splash at Miss USA?|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 16:36:49 04/23/15 Thu
Lets keep this one positive and not make mention of girls that are getting a lot of talk. That's great for each and every one of them!!
Choose as many or as few and plead your case. Mine are -
DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA - Last time DC made the cut was 9 years ago when Candace Allen got robbed, er excuse me ... MADE the top 10 at USA. I look at pictures of Lizzy Olsen and she almost looks like a lock for a semi spot IMO. I've heard a tiny bit of buzz surrounding her but wonder why more people aren't talking about her. I think she's a really sexy looking girl and she's got a hot body and pretty face.
ALASKA - 25 years ago was Alaska's last placement, (Karin Meyer, top 6). Talk about your non-sash states! This year Kimberly Agron tries to break that streak. Something tells me if this girl were 5'8" even though it does/doesn't matter (depending on how you view height) this girl would be getting more buzz. I think her face is really quite beautiful. But if former TX competitor and hotty Stacey Storey couldn't make the cut in 2003 (robbed) it'll be a tough road for Kimberly, but I'm throwing her name in the ring in the hopes that people at least don't skip quickly past AL to see AZ and give this girl a chance.
KENTUCKY - In the last decade KY has made the top 5 THREE times. Seems we almost forget about Maria Montgomery (4th ru in 2009) and Kristen Johnson (2nd runner up in 2005). The year after Johnson, Tara Connor won it all. I really like Katie George and of the girls I have mentioned so far she is getting some buzz and momentum but qualifies for this list. I think she's also very pretty. I would love to tone down the intense eyes in photographs and am looking forward to the videos because I bet she is even prettier (pardon me) very telegenic.
I started out going to pick just 5 but it's hard to just pick two more because I think many are being overlooked. OH (Sarah Newkirk) has made some positive changes and looks great. MA (Polikseni Manxhari) has been talked about in terms of top 15/20 but I've not seen her higher on any lists. I think she is a prime example of her stock rising as soon as those vids come out because in photographs she is very hit or miss. I think she's going to look great! Call it a hunch. MO (Rebecca Dunn) has slowly been making great strides. In 2014 she finished 3rd runner up and then looked better when she won this year but looks even more polished now, and it is obvious she has been living at the gym. Could get in. ID (Clara Hollingsworth) looks very pretty and can't wait to see more of her. VT (Jackie Croft). Now this girl is beautiful but it's VT and for some reason they get overlooked when they send decent girls. I think she could earn her way into the semi's. And finally, after watching SC and seeing this girl (Sarah Weishuhn)- not my pick - beat some strong competitors AND seeing her progress in group shots of late I can see why almost all the girls mauled her when she was crowned. I started seeing the attraction but she needs to definitely glam it up because she can look very girl-next-door which isn't as bad as saying "you could see her in any mall" but with that dark hair and blue eyes she needs to play that up.
So? Who is flying under the radar and tell the board why you think she's got a shot.
May I ask (and hope and pray) that anyone mentioned not get slammed by people that read other people's OPINIONS? I know that is a very "world peace" request on my part, but lets TRY. Think of it as a science experiment! :-)
Okay! Who've you got?
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I LOVED Kentucky after seeing an interview of her after her crowning. The only thing that worries me is the fact that she's Kentucky. If Allie Leggett couldn't make it out of there, then I'm not sure if anyone can. I also really like Massachusetts. (NT) -- DMVPageantGirl, 16:49:47 04/23/15 Thu
- I agree about DC - Carla and her team have done an amazing job since taking over and this is the year they are rewarded. I also love Kentucky and believe she has so mcuh potential, though I worry as a newbe if she will get the prep necessary to get the call. I also think Massachusetts is another one to keep an eye on. (NT) -- ureka smoke, 16:56:37 04/23/15 Thu
- I agree completely with KY and AK! DC is too much for me. I don't think she has a beautiful face. AK has a very pretty face. KY probably needs a little grooming and could have an amazing transformation. (NT) -- Celia Fo'Realia, 17:11:56 04/23/15 Thu
- While I have the opposite feelings towards DC, I 100% agree with you about Kentucky, she's one of my favorites! And I actually kind of really love SC. She refreshing to me. (NT) -- MissUSAFan, 17:15:50 04/23/15 Thu
- Nice assessment and I would agree, especially with DC, KY, Alaska, and VT! (NT) -- Mack_P (NSI), 19:24:36 04/23/15 Thu
- I can't remember a time when Miss California was so "under the radar" as this year. I think when it comes time for the pageant she could go far into the finals. -- Doot, 19:49:07 04/23/15 Thu
- I agree about DC and KY. Both are on my list, DC top 15 and I could make room for KY if they do a top 20 again. KY is a hard state though, as I think Katie George could use more polishing, but we all know that her directors don't care. She has a fresh vibe that could take her far though, she kind of reminds me of Katie Whittier (ME 2010). (NT) -- Athalia, 05:42:41 04/24/15 Fri
- MISSOURI - she has a stunning face and, while she needs to learn her angles better, there's a reason she beat Stottlemeyer out for the MO crown. I'd put her in the Ten, because she does so much work with African orphanages and social work that she's a lock for a Trump pick but pretty enough not to need that. And if MAINE could lay off the blush and get some makeup lessons, she's a tall drink of water who stands out in candids. OHIO is another Trump lock - she's an expert Instagrammer and is always bow hunting in camoflauge with a crazy-hot body - what male viewer woudln't love that? And NEBRASKA is a killer, unique beauty with a great body, career, and community service resume - the Vietnamese community has her booked all across the country, and I can't help but think that MUO is going to notice how active and beautiful she is. (NT) -- FirmGrip, 13:08:01 04/24/15 Fri
- I do not consider KY an underdog or a dark horse anymore.But I will say that I think DC, ME, and, ID have al been looking strong! (NT) -- SanFranGuy, 15:09:24 04/24/15 Fri
- ALABAMA! She is totally underrated at this time. I expect to see her in the Top 10. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 15:15:07 04/24/15 Fri
- MAINE for sure. When she competed in Florida, I remember he being pretty popular on here. Now that she finally won a state title (3x being 1st RU in Maine, IIRC), no one seems to be talking about her, which is pretty strange. Many of us picked her on The Road To in the past and we all love a Cinderella story, but there's been like zip on her. Anyway, she's in my Top 15/16 for sure, and may end up sneaking into my Top 10. I'd be VERY happy if she actually made the Top 5. My only pet peeve with her is her constant head-tilting to the right and her brows (always looks like she has a surprised look on her face)...and I also agree with her make-up. She has such a beautiful face and doesn't need all the goop. Natural looking make-up would suit her quite well. (NT) -- Groove, 16:39:18 04/24/15 Fri