VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Miss USA 2015 - July 12, 2015 Baton Rouge, LA
2015 MUO Pageant Dates & Locations

Miss Teen USA August 21-22 Atlantis Resort, Bahamas
Miss Universe 2015 - TBD

Subject: MUO SUGGESTION BOX

Author:
HiJake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:51 04/20/15 Mon

I try to do this every once in a while and I thought that with Miss USA coming up (a date finally announced), now would be a good time to do it again: The MUO Suggestion Box. We know that MUO lurks from time to time, so this can be a chance for us to throw out our ideas and suggestions on what we want to see this pageant season. Got a suggestion...let's hear 'em!!!

1) CUT IT BACK - This past Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants were some of the best in terms of production, in my opinion. My suggestion would be to do all of this...in TWO HOURS! The three hour format is unnecessary. It is possible to fit everything into a two hour telecast...you've done it before (a long long time ago, lol).

2) LET IT FLOW - While I really enjoyed the videos bios you produced for all the semi-finalists, I didn't like that it interrupted the flow of the Pick 15/20 and dragged it out. The videos were great, giving the audience a chance to hear the girl speak and get to know them a little better. I'd much rather have the announcement done all at one time...not split into 4 different segments!

3) MUSIC - You got to get better music. If you cannot get someone good...you don't need a live musical act! The rights to a good song is sufficient enough!!!

4) LET 'EM BE - Let the girls get excited!!!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Instagram pics URL

Author:
Glitter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:13:11 04/23/15 Thu

Does anyone know how we can get the URL of instagram pics of the contestants in JPG format to post on here? In short, how can you post instagram pics of the ladies on the board? I know how to post photos from any other website but it seems impossible to do so from instagram.

Thanks guys.

Replies:
Subject: I just realized a few days ago that one of my all time favorite Miss USA contestants EVER, DELAWARE 2008, Vincenza Carrieri - Russo, was 2nd runner up to Miss United States 2014's Elizabeth Safrit! Knowing that Vincenza could've earned her right to a national crown almost makes me wanna cry :/

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:21 04/20/15 Mon

This was used as her official Miss United States 2014 head shot.

Here's Vincenza in the Top 5 (2nd from the right)

She will go down in history (for me, at least) as the Miss Delaware USA Shoulda, Coulda Woulda *sniff*sniff*

Last edited by author: Mon April 20, 2015 10:20:04   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Since we're all a little bored & impatient with the months-long gap...

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:24 04/24/15 Fri

It's early to start look ahead to the fall but... meh ;) hehe

MISS ALABAMA USA 2016:

Former Teens still eligible
2007 - Canden Jackson (final year) - Canden competed once, placing 4RU in 2012, but has not been back. I'm guessing we won't be seeing her competing again this year but I'd love to be proved wrong.

2008 - Courtney Parker (3-4 years)
I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen Courtney back yet. Photo is from last year.

2010 - Ashlyn Alongi (3 years)
Ashlyn made top ten at Miss Tennessee USA 2014 but did not compete last year. She graduates from Vanderbilt this year.

2011 - Barron Rae Williams (6 years)
Barron was one of the youngest at Miss Teen USA her year so has plenty of time to return. Given her age she surprised me with a very strong showing at Miss AL USA last year, making the top 10.

2012 - Peyton Brown (5 years)
Was surprised to see this photo with her & Miss LA Teen USA pop up on my newsfeed a little while ago :)

2013 - Lorin Holcombe (6 years)

2014 - Baskin Champion
But I don't want her winning next year... because she has the makings of a Miss USA in a few more years.

Others

2015 1RU Liz Wills (4 years) - also 2RU 14, 1RU GA TUSA 12. Liz has made top three in every pageant she's competed in and I wouldn't be surprised to see her compete at Miss USA in the coming years, either for AL or Georgia.

2015 3RU Hannah Godwin (?) - surprise newbie in the top five. Could go far with a bit of polish - just look at photos of MMM from her first year!

2015 4RU Caroline Pettey (5 years) - also 2RU AL TUSA 13. I was surprise she only made 4RU last year & would have placed her higher. Again with some polish & interview work she could do very well.

Caroline Pettey (4RU), Jenna King (2RU), Madison Guthrie, Liz Willis (1RU), Hannah Godwin (3RU)

No longer eligible
Jenna King (2RU 15, 3RU 13) is getting married this summer. I'm pretty sure Kara Leonard (T10 15, 1RU 14, NF 13) has aged out.

Who else would you like to see compete in AL?

Last edited by author: Fri April 24, 2015 01:08:13   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: does anyone remember Rosaline Cuozzo Nj teen 1986

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:24 04/24/15 Fri

She made the T 10 and should have placed higher. She was a real teen and so funny. Did she ever try miss?

Subject: Which girls do you think are flying under the radar that you personally think will make a splash at Miss USA?

Author:
Dr Rivers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:49 04/23/15 Thu

Lets keep this one positive and not make mention of girls that are getting a lot of talk. That's great for each and every one of them!!

Choose as many or as few and plead your case. Mine are -

DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA - Last time DC made the cut was 9 years ago when Candace Allen got robbed, er excuse me ... MADE the top 10 at USA. I look at pictures of Lizzy Olsen and she almost looks like a lock for a semi spot IMO. I've heard a tiny bit of buzz surrounding her but wonder why more people aren't talking about her. I think she's a really sexy looking girl and she's got a hot body and pretty face.

ALASKA - 25 years ago was Alaska's last placement, (Karin Meyer, top 6). Talk about your non-sash states! This year Kimberly Agron tries to break that streak. Something tells me if this girl were 5'8" even though it does/doesn't matter (depending on how you view height) this girl would be getting more buzz. I think her face is really quite beautiful. But if former TX competitor and hotty Stacey Storey couldn't make the cut in 2003 (robbed) it'll be a tough road for Kimberly, but I'm throwing her name in the ring in the hopes that people at least don't skip quickly past AL to see AZ and give this girl a chance.

KENTUCKY - In the last decade KY has made the top 5 THREE times. Seems we almost forget about Maria Montgomery (4th ru in 2009) and Kristen Johnson (2nd runner up in 2005). The year after Johnson, Tara Connor won it all. I really like Katie George and of the girls I have mentioned so far she is getting some buzz and momentum but qualifies for this list. I think she's also very pretty. I would love to tone down the intense eyes in photographs and am looking forward to the videos because I bet she is even prettier (pardon me) very telegenic.

I started out going to pick just 5 but it's hard to just pick two more because I think many are being overlooked. OH (Sarah Newkirk) has made some positive changes and looks great. MA (Polikseni Manxhari) has been talked about in terms of top 15/20 but I've not seen her higher on any lists. I think she is a prime example of her stock rising as soon as those vids come out because in photographs she is very hit or miss. I think she's going to look great! Call it a hunch. MO (Rebecca Dunn) has slowly been making great strides. In 2014 she finished 3rd runner up and then looked better when she won this year but looks even more polished now, and it is obvious she has been living at the gym. Could get in. ID (Clara Hollingsworth) looks very pretty and can't wait to see more of her. VT (Jackie Croft). Now this girl is beautiful but it's VT and for some reason they get overlooked when they send decent girls. I think she could earn her way into the semi's. And finally, after watching SC and seeing this girl (Sarah Weishuhn)- not my pick - beat some strong competitors AND seeing her progress in group shots of late I can see why almost all the girls mauled her when she was crowned. I started seeing the attraction but she needs to definitely glam it up because she can look very girl-next-door which isn't as bad as saying "you could see her in any mall" but with that dark hair and blue eyes she needs to play that up.

So? Who is flying under the radar and tell the board why you think she's got a shot.

May I ask (and hope and pray) that anyone mentioned not get slammed by people that read other people's OPINIONS? I know that is a very "world peace" request on my part, but lets TRY. Think of it as a science experiment! :-)

Okay! Who've you got?

Replies:
Subject: Speaking of Shandi

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:35 04/16/15 Thu

I think it's too bad non native-american girls can't wear this garb. Shandi's was magnificent!!Esp in this instance where it's meant to celebrate and not ridicule. I feel the same way about antebellum. I get the sensitivity needed and I am, but it's fashion and shouldn't be politicized. But yeah I understand the outrage when it happens. Don't get mad at me.

Replies:
Subject: Former Titleholder News

Author:
Not Sure If It's Been Posted Before
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:06:52 04/24/15 Fri

Allie LaForce was a sideline reporter for NBA TV during the Chicago Bulls/Milwaukee Bucks playoff game on Thursday night. She's a really good interviewer and is knowledgeable about basketball. First March Madness and now NBA Playoffs, good for her.

Replies:
Subject: PA doesn't have a college degree!

Author:
Fashion Merchandising 2 year program probably
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:38 04/24/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations K Lee!

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:29 04/22/15 Wed

She had offers from Brown and others but has decided to stick close to home... after reading her blog about missing SC I'm not surprised at all :)

"‪#‎Repost‬ @missteenusa・・・Finally made my decision! This Carolina girl is headed back to SC @UofSC for the next 4 years! So excited to be attending the Honors College as a Carolina Scholar to study International Business/Marketing. Thank you to all of my teachers over the years that motivated me and supported my academic career, and to everyone that has helped me achieve my goals! 🐓 ‪#‎GoGamecocks‬ ‪#‎uofscyes‬ ‪#‎SouthCarolina‬ ‪#‎missteenusa‬"

Replies:
Subject: K Lee!

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:00 04/23/15 Thu

MissUSAFan asked for more K Lee... so here goes :)

Photos of Nia & K Lee's adventures as Miss USA & Miss Teen USA! http://www.pageantupdate.info

Posted by Pageant Update - Miss USA Coverage on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

(just updated with lots of recent pics)

Miss Teen USA K. Lee Graham attends a Mother Daughter Tea fundraiser for the ARC Gateway Foundation. All the girls...

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Thursday, December 4, 2014

I had so much fun helping style some beautiful women at Project Sunshine's Girl's Night Out on Friday! I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Monday, April 13, 2015

Baby Hugs Today's Reach Out And Read event at Queens Hospital Center was full of beautiful moments. #reachoutandread #MissTeenUSA #embraceyourcommunity

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Miss Teen USA K. Lee Graham met with the creators of Inspire Conversation! Check out their website, http://inspireconversation.com/, and be on the look out for K. Lee's interview with them!

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bunny Crossing!!! ⚠ Had the best weekend with my #NYC family! #Easter is my favorite holiday because it celebrates the...

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Sunday, April 5, 2015

Live a life full of confetti ✌ #NYIAS #MissTeenUSA #happiness

Posted by Miss Teen USA on Saturday, April 4, 2015

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations Chloe!

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:44:08 04/22/15 Wed

OK please forgive me if I've posted this before... since Thailand my memory's gone a bit fuzzy (I think it's still back on the beach!) but I did try a search with no luck so here goes...

Congrats to Chloe Crump, Miss Utah Teen USA 2013, who got married over the Easter weekend! She had a gorgeous group of bridesmaids... both Powell sisters & Olivia Argue, Miss AZ Teen USA 13 :)

Replies:
Subject: I understand that some are perceiving this as a "weak year", but on a positive note, doesn't a "weaker" year make for an easier determination of selecting a Top 15? Side note: I actually do NOT think this is a weak year. In fact, I'm having a difficult time selecting a Top 5, as I have 6 girls who I'd be stoked about winning Miss USA 2015.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:34 04/19/15 Sun

ARIZONA, Maureen Montagne

COLORADO, Talyah Polee

FLORIDA, Ashleigh Lollie

GEORGIA, Brooke Fletcher

ILLINOIS, Renee Wronecki

KENTUCKY, Katie George

NEW YORK, Thatiana Diaz

RHODE ISLAND, Anea Garcia

My MANY bubbles for Top 5 are (and could be in my Top 5, depending on what we see of them in the upcoming months) are; D.C., Oklahoma & Utah. I have other favorites, but these gorgeous ladies are fighting for my personal Top 5!

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Enjoy!

Last edited by author: Sun April 19, 2015 18:28:52   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Dear MUO...

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:56:14 04/23/15 Thu

Dear MUO, here is my annual plea for you to showcase the awesome work of the state titleholders & the amazing opportunities they have during their reign during the THREE HOURS of the telecast. Every year this falls on deaf ears but hey, I'm not going to give up hope ;) The Miss & Teen titleholders have a special role in their communities and it's a shame you don't promote it more. Much love, Carly xox.

Replies:
Subject: A few Fadils

Author:
TxIdol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:33 03/25/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I love her. I think she's such a fab Miss Teen USA. There have been some really great ones recently.

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:10 04/23/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Some former news...

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:07 04/22/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: makeover

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:46 04/20/15 Mon

of the teen state winners who have gone on to win miss who looked the best at teen and at miss? who looked better at miss and who looked better at teen?

Replies:
Subject: WHY??

Author:
:`(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:08 04/23/15 Thu

I love them so much! My Miss Universe 2013 and Miss Universe 2014

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/us-1291457.png

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/un-1291452.png

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.