Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Subject: Which contestants were you most shocked who didn't make the cut at Miss USA?

Author:
Walter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:17 06/19/16 Sun

Mine is: Idaho. She could've won it all and was more beautiful than many in the Top 15.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Woohoo we are back! MY thoughts

Author:
Bostonian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:59:55 06/15/16 Wed

SHOCKING
My two favorites Colorado & Wisconsin OUT!

3 hours is WAY too long! MUO has ruined everything and makes it into Miss America and fills 3 hours with USELESSNESS! It was painful for pageant fans!

DC - She was in my bottom 10!!!!!!

MUO punished girls like 52 & NCarolina - I gave them credit for OUTSHINING many girls that had months to prepare but MUO shafted them!

TWO judges Ali and Crystal won on BEAUTY! But this year they vote on personality! They would NEVER have won themselves with this format!!

ALL the judges said beauty is not important, it takes away from our BRAND! Who can even coach anymore?? IT is just a cheap reality show that humiliates most that enter!!

I am REALLY worried for the future. I hear this is the LAST Miss Teen USA and the other 2 are not far beyond that!!!

This is a preliminary to Miss Universe but I felt it was a BAD interpretation of Miss America and if I was a gorgeous girl I would NEVER enter this!

Replies:
Subject: Curiousity for the future

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:18 06/17/16 Fri

So now that Miss USA pageant is all done, how do we think our Deshauna Barber will do at Miss Universe? For me, it'll be wins it all or doesn't even place. Of course, we all root for USA to do well, but you know what??-- this year reminded me of Shaunaynay Hinton's... A huge surprise, unexpected, unsure, ends up clapping at Universe. I guess it doesn't matter in the long run, since she still works for the MUO, but you still want a GREAT representative, which most Miss USA's lived up too. Can't decide whether DB's gonna be the most loved or most disliked. I do wish Hawaii would've won though, and then could've won Universe, then that's how DB would've still got to become Miss USA, that's what I'd hoped. So... y'all's thoughts?

Replies:
Subject: THIS is what is happening with IMG now

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:03 06/20/16 Mon

Here are what changes are about:

http://www.businessinsider.com/miss-universe-changes-under-wmeimg-2016-6

Replies:
Subject: North Carolina

Author:
name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:20 06/22/16 Wed

It seems like Allie Dunn got well pretty soon and is doing well. On one hand, such a shame she had to withdraw, she could have been the face of the pageant. On the other hand, she had absolutely no story etc., and it's actually quite likely she would have shared Wisconsin's fate.

How do you think she would have done, had she competed?

Replies:
Subject: For all of us that are sad about pageantry

Author:
Bostonian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:02:04 06/22/16 Wed

Here is the pill to fix it!!
Pop in on youtube Miss USA 1989!!

***I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky, I should be so lucky tonight!!!***

What will you see?
A Beauty Pageant!
All about beauty!
A fun exciting opening with the gorgeous Christie Fitchner riding a horse!
*Dick Clark! One of the classiest men to ever roam the earth and what an AMAZING host!
*Swimsuit Fashion Show with prelim scores when they counted!
*A rapid fire TOP 10 announcement, the best ones made it when judges scores mattered!
*A timid Angie Dickinson explaining actually how the girls are judged, how they picked the 10, what the girls did!
*SCORES!
*An interview competition!
*Beautiful swimsuits and kinda tacky gowns but it was the 80s!
*A Friggin prize package!
*A throne!
*Useful info about new mexico!
*A winner that was chosen on beauty!

WOW, is this so friggin difficult?!?! In 2 hours they accomplish it ALL!

This is what some of us ask for! All OMG/WWE oh I am sorry IMG WME needs to rewind the tapes baby!

Again, not brain surgery

Replies:
Subject: Thoughts on Miss USA 2016

Author:
MrCoconuts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:32:01 06/11/16 Sat

Now that the board seems to be working again...

Here are some thoughts on the pageant.

FORMAT
I think the 3-hour format was a disaster. It took all the suspense out of the show because there was so much time between each stage of the competition. Pageant fans will watch anything, but I think a casual viewer would get bored and change channels. The 2-hour format is much better.

WINNER
I don't think too many people saw this coming. In fact, I can't remember a more surprising winner. DC was on very few lists and I don't know of anyone who picked her as the winner. In any case, I think she is an okay choice, but I don't really see her as a strong factor at Miss Universe. Also, I'm a little concerned because they seemed quite enamored with her story (they kept featuring her military background in the videos, etc.) While I'm fine with that, I feel like it is ultimately beside the point and it seems more like MAO than MUO. I don't want MUO getting all caught up in "platforms" and background stories when choosing the winner.

TOP 15
Wow, lots of Ruthies this year: Texas, Wisconsin, Colorado, New Jersey, etc. When they were announcing the second half of the TOP 15 it seemed like they were just picking states out of a hat. Still, it wasn't a bad Top 15, but I would have liked to see Wisconsin included.

TOP 5
I know California was a polarizing contestant, but I honestly never got it with her and don't know what she was doing in the Top 5. (Having said that, I still felt bad when she froze on her answer. I hate to see that happen to anyone.) Also, I would have replaced DC with Virginia. Although Virgina's gown was maybe not the strongest choice for her, I was stunned when she was eliminated. I had her picked as my winner.

FINAL QUESTIONS
I absolutely hate questions like the one about income inequality or "who will you vote for?" These just seem like a set-up for a YouTube moment, and I think the contestants deserve better than that. Even politicians aren't expected to give a 20-second answer on income inequality, so why should this question be a make-or-break moment for someone who has come so far?

Replies:
Subject: What stories are we going to hear next year?

Author:
voyant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:46:05 06/21/16 Tue

So it's been established that IMG will move away from the glitz beauty pageant model, and more than likely a girl will have to have a "story" to do well now.
How do you think it will play out next year?

1) Will there be more girls with actual stories? Like DC, Pennsylvania, California or 2015 Rhode Island?

Or:

2) Will it be like you want a story, everybody has a story - and we'll hear stuff like "I was raised by a single mum", "My grandmother passed away" or "I played sports in high school"?

Honestly, I hope it's 1. You can surely find pretty girls with a story. And let's be real - a grandparent who passed away is not exactly a story that makes you stand out.

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 2017. florida less than a month. who are the contestnts

Author:
paco
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:02 06/18/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: There are a lot of threads about how Deshauna was a huge surprise, that she wasn't deserving of the win, that HI should have won instead, and that she won't place at Miss Universe. Well, I'd like this post to be the OPPOSITE of that because I know there are many out there who support her, so here's our chance to unite in our love of this beautiful ebony queen! I am one of those who had Deshauna in my personal top 5 after watching her SnapChat story, seeing how gorgeous she was, and falling in love with her personality. My personal top 3 were DC, HI, GA in that specific order and I've never hit the nail on the head so accurately before. However, I had DC as my clear frontrunner with maybe the rest of the top 5 switched around a bit. If I was to rank the most recent Miss USAs I would put Deshauna second to Olivia Culpo. My list would be: Olivia Culpo -> Deshauna Barber -> Nia Sanchez -> Alyssa Campanella -> Rima Fakih -> Erin Brady -> Olivia Jordan -> Nana Meriweather.

Author:
hb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:12 06/19/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: D & D exclusion this year.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:38 06/21/16 Tue

You may have noticed that at times, we get this situation when all states of a given group are excluded from the semis.

While it often happens to Pageant Northwest, I do not think anyone is overly surprised with this. Though this year, they had their best group of winners ever and at least one should have been included.

It happened in the past to Greenwood, Vanbros, Future Productions, etc.

I noticed all the D & D states were excluded this year, (also the Clementes).

Going to the pageant, never in a million years I would have expected it was going to happen. But after two weeks of pageants and especially the prelims, I am not surprised it did as ALL five were wrongly styled.

Delaware - Alexandra is gorgeous but her exclusion was pretty obvious with her styling at prelims. The hair do, the wardrobe choices... wrong! Her styling as in DE USA when she was 1st runner-up would have easily put her in the semi-finals.

Maryland - I have been Christina's fan for years! And fully expected her to be the top 5 contention. And I felt she was on throughout the pageant. She really had one of the best bodies. But then came that gown... atrocious color, bad design. I still would have put her through the semis. But I understand why she was excluded.

New Jersey - A huge favorite, Jessielyn is one of these delegates that need to nail make-up in order to shine. She has features that are best emphasized with little make-up. And I felt it just went all wrong in the semis. Add to that an average gown and there you go...

New York - Although her beauty is not eveyrone's cup of team, I find it very interesting and simply cannot take my eyes off of where when I look at her pictures. She also nails the interview with her wholesome yet not patty approach. There is always one *alternative beauty* in the top 15 and she could have been it.

Rhode Island - Talking about wholesome, this girl should have gone that route. It suits her! and would have done wonders. The sunny, wholesome presentation a la Tiffany Texteira would have worked. Instead, she seems a bit hesitant and did not excel in gown. I truly believe this girl was underrated and could have used the *less pressure* to go all way to top 5.

I hope D & D will learn from this debacle! As I believe the state directors should be there to advise the girls if they believe their choices are not the best. And it is really SO sad, because these five are great in their own specific ways!

Replies:
Subject: Shandi and Susie reveal their favourite Miss USAs

Author:
Zero Defect
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:14 06/16/16 Thu

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iojXWH_ib8M">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iojXWH_ib8M</a>

Replies:
Subject: what former teens are returning to be in Miss this year

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:44 06/17/16 Fri

Replies:
Subject: MISS TEEN USA FORMAT

Author:
cant wait
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:01 06/26/16 Sun

TOP 15-TOP 10-TOP5

THE SHOWS AN HOUR AND HALF TOTAL

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.