VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]456789 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

August 4, 2018
Miss/Teen Alaska USA

Sept 2-3, 2018
Miss/Teen Illinois USA
Miss Texas USA

Sept 8-9, 2018
Miss/Teen Rhode Island USA
Miss/Teen Wisconsin USA

Sept 15-16, 2018
Miss/Teen Missouri USA
Miss/Teen Montana USA
Miss/Teen Miss Wyoming USA

Sept 21-22, 2018
Miss/Teen Michigan USA

Sept 22-23, 2018
Miss/Teen South Dakota USA

Sept 28-29, 2018
Miss/Teen Idaho USA

Oct 5-6, 2018
Miss/Teen Louisiana USA

Oct 6-7, 2018
Miss/Teen Iowa USA

Oct 12-13, 2018
Miss/Teen Tennessee USA

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2019 State Titles

Oct 13-14, 2018
Miss/Teen West Virginia USA

Oct 19-20, 2018
Miss/Teen North Carolina USA

Oct 20-21, 2018
Miss/Teen Indiana USA
Miss/Teen Oklahoma USA

Oct 26-27, 2018
Miss/Teen Mississippi USA

Oct 27-28, 2018
Miss/Teen Colorado USA
Miss/Teen Maryland USA
Miss/Teen New Hampshire USA

Nov 3-4, 2018
Miss/Teen North Dakota USA
Miss/Teen Ohio USA
Miss/Teen Vermont USA
Miss/Teen Washington USA

Nov 16-17, 2018
Miss/Teen Alabama USA
Miss/Teen Georgia USA

Nov 17-18, 2018
Miss/Teen Arkansas USA
Miss/Teen Arizona USA
Miss/Teen Delaware USA
Miss/Teen Hawaii USA
Miss/Teen Miss Massachusetts USA
Miss/Teen New Jersey USA

Nov 24-25, 2018
Miss/Teen Kansas USA
Miss/Teen Maine USA
Miss/Teen Minnesota USA
Miss Texas Teen USA
Miss/Teen Virginia USA

Nov 30 - Dec 1, 2018
Miss/Teen South Carolina USA

Dec 1-2, 2018
Miss/Teen Pennsylvania USA

Dec 8, 2018
Miss/Teen District of Columbia USA

Jan 5. 2019
Miss/Teen Connecticut USA

Jan 5-6, 2019
Miss/Teen Nebraska USA
Miss/Teen Nevada USA

Jan 12-13, 2019
Miss/Teen Oregon USA

Jan 16-19, 2019
Miss/Teen Florida USA

Jan 19-20, 2019
Miss/Teen New York USA

Jan 26, 2019
Miss/Teen Utah USA

Jan 26-27, 2019
Miss/Teen New Mexico USA

TO BE VERIFIED
California USA
Kentucky USA

Subject: Mr. USB Nominee

Author:
Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:07 03/06/18 Tue

In reply to: Qban 's message, "VOTING FOR MR.USB 2018 IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !" on 12:14:10 03/01/18 Thu

Hi there. New to this Voy board. I've been an observer over the years, but haven't posted much as I wasn't sure about the protocol. So, if I make any rookie mistakes on this Board, please forgive me.

Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian here. I am one of the candidates for Mr. USB this year, and wanted to introduce myself so that I could meet some of you.

Been around the pageant business for nearly 30 years. 48 years old, married to husband Tavit, have a teenage son Dante, a bunch of wiener dogs and a really cool Mom. I live and work in Scottsdale, AZ. Have been a contestant coach, stylist and brand builder (hobbyist) since nearly the beginning. I'm a former state director from the Miss World America system. I've judged dozens of local, state and a few national pageants in the America, USA/Teen USA, United States and other systems. I've been a state sponsor and telecast underwriter, and a national sponsor for the Miss USA & Teen USA systems.

I've prepped and sent more than a few young women to nationals - a handful of whom have come back as semifinalists or finalists, one as a national titleholder and semifinalist at Miss World.

I've been a lifelong advocate of the power of pageantry as a platform for launching women's careers in entertainment, the media, politics and corporate leadership. I've experienced the good, the bad, the ugly and a few things in between. And I still love what we all love about this business - seeing young women have an opportunity to fundamentally change the course of their lives, and to learn and grow.

Most recently as the CEO of Yandy.com - I was the guy who brought one-piece and monokini swimsuits back to the swimsuit competition after more than a decade. I hope you liked them. :)

Looking forward to interacting more here. And, if you participate in the Mr. USB effort, would appreciate your vote!

Thom

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Olivia Culpo is so beautiful. Love these new photos!

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:20:47 03/13/18 Tue

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5496577/Olivia-Culpo-bikini-Danny-Amendola-Bahamas.html">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5496577/Olivia-Culpo-bikini-Danny-Amendola-Bahamas.html</a>

Subject: Miss World America Director steps down

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:16:04 02/06/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: New Miss Lebanon director: Rima Fakih!

Author:
!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:18 03/04/18 Sun

Don't think this has been posted here but did anyone see Rima Fakih is now the new national director for Miss Lebanon? On her Instagram you can see her talking about it on Lebanese TV.

Wonder if she'll put in the effort to train the winners for the international stage. Excited to see what she'll do.

Replies:
Subject: who is the last Miss Usa you really liked?

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:01 01/17/18 Wed

Nia Sanchez

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA and Universe on "The Nanny"

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:56 03/09/18 Fri

Watching old episodes of the TV show "The Nanny" and I completely forgot that the character "Mr. Sheffield" was supposed to be a judge at the Miss Universe pageant. At first I thought they were pretending, but then I saw Alicia Machado (who I noticed was kind of big for a Universe winner so I'm guessing all of that hubbub was true) and Brook Lee. I got a kick out of it being the actual people that I recognized from that time.

It got me thinking, can anyone think of other times that Miss USA and/or Miss Universe actual winners were in movies or a TV show playing their actual selves with title?

Replies:
Subject: who was the last miss universe you loved

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:45 01/20/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss Colombia

Author:
ECRTZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:35 03/10/18 Sat

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://portadabcmb.blogspot.com/2018/03/10mar2018.html">http://portadabcmb.blogspot.com/2018/03/10mar2018.html</a>

Subject: Miss Colombia pics

Author:
ECRTZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:25:38 03/10/18 Sat

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://portadabcmb.blogspot.com/2018/03/10mar2018.html" target="_blank"><font size="5"><b>MISS COLOMBIA UNIVERSE PICS</b> </font></a>

Subject: Osmel Souza retiring

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:33 02/06/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Mister USB 2018

Author:
USBModStacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:42 01/31/18 Wed

Hey guys and gals! It's about that time! Nominations for the 2018 Mr. USB contest will be open February 1 - 15, 2018. Please e-mail your nomination with the name and why you believe this person should be nominated to HarrisonProdLLC@gmail.com

Replies:
Subject: Just for fun. List your wishful do's and dont's for the next Miss USA television production

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:13 02/11/18 Sun

Do allow the ladies significant stage time and walk alone during finals.

Dont allow camera men pan close ups from the contestants feet upward or have cameramen taking back views constantly changing camera views. Do give full front view and no fancy camera tricks

Replies:
Subject: VOTING FOR MR.USB 2018 IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !

Author:
Qban
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:10 03/01/18 Thu

The candidates (in alphabetical order) are as follows:

Thom Brodeur-Kazanjian
Craig Carroll
Yaseen Kotwal
Michael Rader
Geoff Tucker

Please submit your vote for the 5 candidates as follows:
Winner -
1RU-
2RU-
3RU -
4RU -

Please submit your votes no later than Midnight ET on March 10, 2018 at www.VOY.COM/213733/
(VOY Board is moderated so your vote will be private and cannot be seen by others).

IMPORTANT:
- ONE VOTE PERSON (PLEASE USE YOUR VOY HANDLE NAME OR YOUR PERSONAL USB FACEBOOK GROUP ACCOUNT NAME WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR VOTE). DUPLICATE VOTES WILL NOT COUNT. YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED ON VOY or THE USB FACEBOOK GROUP WITHIN THE PAST 2 MONTHS.

Thanks for participating ! Good luck gentlemen!

Replies:
Subject: pageant ladies who are foodies

Author:
catalina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:53 03/08/18 Thu

Yes pageant ladies are known for dieting 24/7 but from following some on instagram some are foodies. Do you know anyone who is a foodie

Subject: Love when Miss USA starts to release videos and we see contestants speak. It is always telling who is genuine and camera ready. Moving up my list after the past two days, DC, Arkansas, Indiana, MN and Hawaii. On the other hand was able to scratch off a whole slew but I won't share I believe in positivity :)

Author:
internationalwomensday
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:17 03/08/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Any updates on Miss World America for this year?

Author:
Who owns it?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:37 02/28/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Oscar Nominee's gift baskets this year, MU should do the same

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:27 03/04/18 Sun

. For 16 years, the company Distinctive Assets has been distributing gift baskets — said to be worth at least $200,000 — to those in the acting and directing categories.

This year’s basket includes a $40,000 trip to Tanzania, a stay at a villa in Greece, a week in Hawaii and another at the Golden Door spa in Southern California (not to mention such humble items as pepper spray and Jarritos soda). In the past, the gifts have included a year’s worth of Audi A4 car rentals, private walking tours of Japan and even plastic-surgery procedures.

While each company pays $4,000 just to be included, “They get so much social media and press, that’s a drop in the bucket,” said Lash Fary, owner of Distinctive Assets.

And then there’s the wardrobe upgrade. While it’s common knowledge that stars are lent outfits for the Academy Awards red carpet, nominees also have free clothes coming their way for all the other events in the weeks leading up to the ceremony. And if you’re a big star, plus replica's of Jewelry that they wore to the Oscars.

Replies:
Subject: Mr USB 2018

Author:
Inoshishi/Craig Carroll
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:55 03/02/18 Fri

Reading a few of the messages, I know there are mixed messages about campaigning on here. However, I wanted to take this opportunity to reintroduce myself. I don`t expect to win, butI would like to start posting here once again so letting you get to know me and I you, won`t be in vain.

My interest in Miss USA began in 1982 when I was 8. I was a huge Bob Barker/The Price is Right fan and one night I was turning the tv, when I saw him hosting the Miss USA pageant in Biloxi, Mississippi. My sisters and I watched in amazement as Bob masterly revealed the runners up and then named our very own Arkansas delegate, Terri Utley as Miss USA. We screamed as loud as Terri herself and jumped around in the living room. I was hooked from then on.

When I was a university student, I first discovered Tom`s Miss Universe Page and Turn for the Judges, then one day stumbled on the message boards. I think it was called American Beauty. I posted there and then later here using a variety of handles, Crastucar, ShallowHal, RazorbackJapan and finally registering Inoshishi as my official handle. Inoshishi is Japanese for Razorback, I live in Japan now and my alma mater is the University of Atkansas whose mascot is the razorbacks.

About me? Well, I am not involved with pageants, just a simple fan. I am married and have two sons age Tom, 13 and Noah, 10. I also have a 6 year old Minature Schnauzer, Perro. I am a teacher of English as a second language. Other than pageants, I enjoy reading, hiking, gardening watching sports and playing basketball with my sons.

In 2015 I won Pageant Predictions. Making lists and comparing to others is one of my favorite things as a fan to do. I used to have detailed spreadsheets ranking the delegates in categories like Portrait, Candids, Evening Gown, Swim Suit, Video, Fadil and Overall Impression (I miss the days we got all of that). In 2016, I ran for Mr. USB, the last campaign exclusively ran here, and finished 1rst runner up to TNBoy, Craig Hurst and just ahaed of our current Mr USB, Jason Smith. That experience was so much fun for me.

This year, I am honestly not in it to win it. I am in it because I want to see the tradition continue and I encorage you guys here to participate and take part next year. I will support the campaign here and ask questions of any who choose to run. My Mr. USB 2018 mission is to bring our two forums together. Somehow we ought to be able to coexist and support one another. We are branches of the same community, a family who all share a bond of love for pageants. I appreciate this board and its predecessors that have given me 24 years of wonderful memories. I look forward to many more.

Replies:
Subject: Music Identification Help

Author:
Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:08 03/03/18 Sat

Hi-

Does anybody know what song is playing starting at 5:34 in the 1987 Miss USA Swimsuit Fashion Video?

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAHE-VSL80">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAHE-VSL80</a>

I know the first song is "Celebrate" by George Duke, but I can't find the second song.

Replies:
Subject: Those we didn`t get to see

Author:
Inoshishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:59 03/02/18 Fri

Since 1876, we have had eight Miss USAs who didn`t compete on Finals night because they either missed the cut or because they took over for a Miss USA who won Miss Universe. They are Barbara Peterson, Jineane Ford, Shaownna Moakler, Brandi Sherwood, Kimberely Presssler, Shauntay Hinton, Rima Fakih and Nana Merriwether. Taking into account that they competed in different decades, how would you personally rank them 1-8?

My rankings
1. Ford
2 Moakler
3 Sherwood
4 Pressler
5 Fakih
6 Merriwether
7 Hinton
8 Peterson

Replies:
Subject: Trump Reportedly Fixed the Miss Universe Pageant, Favoring Countries With Whom He Had Business Ties

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:18 02/19/18 Mon

Did President Donald Trump rig the Miss Universe pageant in favor of contestants representing countries with whom he conducted business?

In a lengthy piece for this week’s New Yorker authored by Jeffrey Toobin, several former contestants went on the record to allege that Trump handpicked his top choices in the days leading up to the competition. And he made sure to note his business holdings in the nations being represented by his favorites.

Adwoa Yamoah, who participated in the competition after winning Miss Canada 2012, told Toobin that Trump would drop by during rehearsals, chat up the contestants, and then note his preferences to Miss Universe Organization president Paula Shugart.

“He made comments about every girl,” Yamoah told Toobin. “‘I’ve been to that country.’ ‘We’re building a Trump Tower there.’ It was clear the countries that he liked did well. He’d whisper to Paula about the girls, and she’d write it down. He basically told us he picked nine of the top 15.”

Kerrie Baylis, Miss Jamaica 2013, added, “the list [of Miss Universe finalists] looked like the countries that Donald Trump did business with, or wanted to do business with.”

And Shi Lim, Miss Singapore 2013, also told Toobin, “The finalists were picked by Trump. He was really in charge. We called it the Trump card.”

Toobin noted that a Miss Universe spokesperson said it was not against the rules for Trump or any other staffer to help select the finalists.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-reportedly-fixed-the-miss-universe-pageant-favoring-countries-with-whom-he-had-business-ties/

Replies:
Subject: Hi guys Inoshishi here

Author:
Inoshishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:51:41 02/25/18 Sun

Hi Guys. I know from reading your posts how many of you feel about Mr. USB and posting exclusively on the Facebook group. When this board crashed, and Bamaman made the Facebook group as a backup for us, we all intended to keep posting here. I have posted here two or three times since then and have checked it every now and then. I miss our community here and still see it as a part, not separate from, Facebook USB. This is our home where we have shared many wonderful memories.

For the second time, I am running for Mr. USB. Coming here to campaign feels hypocritical so I won"t focus on that. But Win or lose, I think my main focus should be on helping along with all of you, to restore this part of our forum to its former heights. I will encourage our regulars, who believe me, still love this place, to post here more often. And I will make a commitment to you to do the same. I am sorry for my inactivity.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]456789 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.