VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles (subject to change)
September 26-27, 2020
Miss Idaho USA/ Idaho Teen USA
Miss Montana USA/Montana Teen USA

Oct 9-10, 2020
Miss Tennessee USA/Tennessee Teen USA

Oct 23-24, 2020
Miss Mississippi USA/Mississippi Teen USA

November 20-21, 2020
Miss Georgia USA/Georgia Teen USA

November 21-22, 2020
Miss Connecticut USA/Connecticut Teen USA
Miss Illinois USA/Illinois Teen USA
Miss Oregon USA/Oregon Teen USA
Miss Washington USA/Washington Teen USA,br>
November 27-29, 2020
Miss Texas Teen USA

December 19-20, 2020
Miss Oklahoma USA/Oklahoma Teen USA

January 2-3, 2021
Miss Arizona USA/Arizona Teen USA

January 9-10, 2021
Miss Alabama USA/Alabama Teen USA
Miss Nebraska USA/Nebraska Teen USA
Miss Texas USA

January 15-16, 2021
Miss Louisiana USA/Louisiana Teen USA

January 16-17, 2021
Miss Kansas USA/Kansas Teen USA

March 5 - 6, 2021
Miss No. Carolina USA/No. Carolina Teen USA
Miss So. Carolina USA/So. Carolina Teen USA

April 17-18,2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA

Dates to be Announced
Alaska
Arkansas
California
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Hawaii
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Subject: When did home-field advantage really help a contestant?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:50 04/12/20 Sun

The other thread about Miss Puerto Rico got me thinking...

When did a contestant (at any MUO pageant) do much better than she would have done otherwise because the pageant was held in her state or country?

The two that immediately come to mind for me are..

Miss USA 1991. I'm still not sure how Kelli McCarty won this other than the fact that she was from Kansas and the pageant was held in Wichita.

Miss Universe 2004. This was held in Quito, Ecuador, and I can't imagine Miss Ecuador would have made the Top 10 otherwise.

Your thoughts?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe: Which year had the best top five?

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:05 05/02/20 Sat

I just watched 1974. That top 5 was awesome.

Also, 2003.

You?

Replies:
Subject: Miss America canceled

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:17 05/09/20 Sat

The next Miss America pageant will be in December 2021. No state pageants this year and no locals until Spring 2021. All current local titleholders will compete at their states in summer 2021.

Miss States 2019 will hold their titles until Miss State 2021 or will resign and the state organization will crown a runner-up who will not be able to compete again until after Miss State 2021.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2019 Souvenir Program/Book

Author:
AddieRoss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:05 05/07/20 Thu

Anyone know where I can find a souvenir program from the 2019 pageant for sale? I've looked through ebay but only older editions came up.

Replies:
Subject: What exactly is Miss Universe doing?

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:37 05/05/20 Tue

I know on fan YouTube pages, this topic is discussed heavily. But I want to hear your thoughts. Miss USA is cohosting extra. Miss teen USA is in school and posting random videos of her apartment and friends. And Miss universe, well I have no idea. Excluding miss teen USA, what exactly is Miss Universe doing? I'm so confused. And this question was applicable even before the pandemic.

Replies:
Subject: What Miss Universe Pageant opening made you just want to get up and move, and groove and represent.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:22 05/03/20 Sun

1st - 1999 Trinidad and Tobago. 2nd - 1993 Mexico City. 3rd - 1990 Hollywood. Honorable Mention - Las Vegas 2010.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 1982

Author:
Midwest Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:59 04/30/20 Thu

So I watched Miss Universe 1982 on Youtube. That was one of the most odd pageants I have ever seen. First of all, South Africa was robbed. I don't understand how and why she received such a low score in swimsuit. It made absolutely no sense. Speaking of not making any sense, wtf was with Brazil in her semi-final interview? Guam was so adorable, and even though I really liked her I didn't see a Miss Universe with her. She seemed more of a teen type to me. She is like last year's Miss Iceland who I absolutely loved but didn't have the Miss Universe look. Having said that, I think Karen was a very logical choice from the top 5 selected.

Replies:
Subject: IMG - Miss Universe owner - has junk bond status.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:57:57 04/15/20 Wed

S&P Global has dropped its rating for Endeavor Operating Co. and Endeavor’s subsidiary, WME IMG Holding, to the middle of the junk bond range and called into question the firm’s future viability.

“Endeavor … and subsidiary UFC Holdings LLC have meaningful exposure to entertainment, content production, and live events, many of which have been canceled, postponed, or temporarily suspended due to restrictions on group gatherings. These restrictions will likely cause Endeavor’s revenue to fall significantly in the near term,” the report added.

Miss Universe is battling two obstacles - Covid 19 and now IMG's Junk Bond Status.

Replies:
Subject: T3 Media archive of Miss Universe videos

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:48 04/26/20 Sun

Hey all, anybody has any ideas on whether the T3 Media still has archives of the MUO pageants? I think the agreement ended between MUO and T3 Media (??) but I really want to re-watch the pageants, especially during this free time.

I tried searching YouTube but no clearer videos were found...

Greatly appreciate if anybody has any information to this issue, thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Does anybody know if the contestants themselves think that there's going to be a Miss USA 2020, or are they in the dark as much as we are??

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:29 04/28/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: What year was the stage collapse?

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:23 05/02/20 Sat

And did you see it on tv?

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 1998 Controversy

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:31 04/23/20 Thu

We all know the Miss USA 1998 Controversy that 41 (I think) of the 51 delegates had breast implants. Who where the ones that did not? I know Jamie Solinger did not based off an interview.

Replies:
Subject: Teen Class of 2020

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:46 04/29/20 Wed

There is a cool thing on Instagram where you can see all 51 teens in a "pass the crown" montage. It's fun because they each appear with no make up and then glammed up. (It goes alphabetically, but not all are wearing sashes.)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_lNU2jn2kD/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Lots of strong contenders: I love California, New York, Louisiana, South Carolina... too many to name, actually.

Replies:
Subject: Venezuela's 1st RUs and 2nd RUs @ MU

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:00 04/14/20 Tue

In addition to their 7 MU winners, Venezuela has 6 1st RUs and 7 2nd RUs. Besides being the second most successful country in terms of wins, Venezuela is also the second most successful country in terms of medal total. How does this board view Venezuela's 1st RUs and 2nd RUs? They are listed below in date order for reference.

Mariela Perez Branger (1st RU @ MU 1967)
Maria Campoli (2nd RU @ MU 1972)
Judith Castillo (1st RU @ MU 1976)
Carmen Montiel (2nd RU @ MU 1984)
Milka Chulina (2nd RU @ MU 1993)
Minorka Mercado (2nd RU @ MU 1994)
Marena Bencomo (1st RU @ MU 1997)
Veruska Ramirez (1st RU @ MU 1998)
Claudia Moreno (1st RU @ MU 2000)
Mariangel Ruiz (1st RU @ MU 2003)
Ly Jonaitis (2nd RU @ MU 2007)
Irene Esser (2nd RU @ MU 2012)
Sthefany Gutierrez (2nd RU @ MU 2018)

I felt Venezuela's medal total was inflated in the 1990s as those 1st RUs and 2nd RUs finished way too high. The RUs I thought should have won MU were Judith Castillo and Claudia Moreno.

Replies:
Subject: Rank the Canadian reps in the 21st century.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:55 04/07/20 Tue

Canada has done well this century with 8 girls getting the call including one winner. While the pageantry is not popular in the country, there is a stable competition with stable director/team since 2003.
Out of these 20 ladies, choose your winner, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th runner-ups. Add any extra comments about what you have thought of Canada's
21st century performance until now. What ladies that did not make it this vert list do you think should have been MUC winners?
2000 Kim Yee, Edmonton, Alberta
2001 Cristina Rémond, Montreal, Quebec
2002 Neelam Verma, Toronto, Ontario
2003 Leanne Marie Cecile, Tecumseh, Ontario
2004 Venessa Fisher, Watertown, Ontario
2005 Natalie Glebova, Toronto, Ontario
2006 Alice Panikian, Toronto, Ontario
2007 Inga Skaya, Toronto, Ontario
2008 Samantha Tajik, Toronto, Ontario
2009 Mariana Valente, Richmond Hill, Ontario
2010 Elena Semikina, Toronto, Ontario
2011 Chelsae Durocher, Tecumseh, Ontario
2012 Adwoa Yamoah, Calgary Alberta
2013 Riza Santos, Calgary, Alberta
2014 Chanel Beckenlehner, Caledon, Ontario
2015 Paola Núñez, Toronto, Ontario
2016 Siera Bearchell, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
2017 Lauren Howe, Toronto, Ontario
2018 Marta Stępień, Windsor, Ontario
2019 Alyssa Boston, Tecumseh, Ontario

Among the ladies that should have won MUC that would have likely been at least semi-finalists are Anna Maria Ezechiels, Gretal Montgomery, Ramona Amiri and Celina Toenz.

Replies:
Subject: The last televised Miss Teen USA pageant

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:38 04/19/20 Sun

That was the 2007 edition. You can watch it right here...

A lot to debrief with this one :-)

- Obviously, the pageant is best remembered for the spectacular meltdown of South Carolina in the final question. It is still shocking after all these years. I suspect she would have been the winner if she'd done okay in that round, especially since she somehow ended up at 3rd runner up rather than 4th runner up.

- Speaking of 4th runner up, I loved West Virginia, Chelsea Welch. She reminded me of Claire Danes -- smart, graceful, and cute.

- I really liked Kat DeLuna's song Whine Up for swimsuit, but the walking patterns were kind of crazy (throughout the whole pageant, actually). I felt sorry for the contestants having to prance around so frantically.

- The pageant was also notable for the appearance of a future Miss USA, Alyssa Campanella, who finished as 1st runner up. I know I am in the minority, but I could only see teeth and bones. But she had/has a great personality and stage presence.

- I think Colorado was a worthy winner, although a bit of a surprise. I suppose she managed to be "just right" in each round.

- It's interesting to see this one now because I forget how sexy the teen pageant used to be!

Your thoughts?

Replies:
Subject: Miss California USA

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:53 04/18/20 Sat

I thought it might be interesting to take a look back at my home state's reps for the past decade. They have done pretty well at Miss USA overall.

2010: Nicole Johnson (Top 10)
2011: Alyssa Campanella (Miss USA)
2012: Natalie Pack
2013: Mabelyn Capeluj (Top 15)
2014: Cassandra Kunze (Top 10)
2015: Natasha Martinez
2016: Nadia Mejia (Top 5)
2017: India Williams (Top 10)
2018: Kelley Johnson (Top 10)
2019: Erica Dann

Who are your faves? Any thoughts in general about this group?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Iraq Universe 2017

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:54 04/20/20 Mon

So Miss Universe 2017 is a pageant I did not religiously follow. I just know the preliminary competition was held in a hallway and Iraq was there but not there. What is the story behind Iraq at Miss Universe 2017? And why was it a one and done?

Replies:
Subject: Just curious how everyone feels here about former titleholders who did not do well at Miss USA or missed the mark at their state pageants coaching and critiquing other contestants and classes. I think it's so interesting to see and begs me to ask the question, if you knew all of this why didn't you place, get closer to winning, or win?

Author:
What do you think?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:42 04/11/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Have you guys seen Misbehaviour yet?

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:21 04/15/20 Wed

Nicely done, if a bit on the dull side.

They really portrayed USA almost as a caricature of a very driven pageant girl.

And, I’m not familiar with Bob Hope but he was portrayed a someone who is a bit clueless and a cad.

I enjoyed the credits. They give you an update on what the main characters have been up to since.

All in all, good quarantine fun.

Replies:
Subject: Texas Beauty Shop

Author:
Ugh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:31 04/15/20 Wed

Is there another Texas voy board to discuss the Texas pageants. For some reason the Texas Beauty Shop has been on moderated status for months now and nothing has been approved within that time. They might as well cancel the board if they don’t want to approve any messages.

Subject: Miss USA 2019 Cheslie Kryst is on her way to being the longest serving Miss USA

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:19 04/14/20 Tue

A political adviser is predicting no public gatherings this year, so I thought about the Miss USA schedule for this year.
"Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, who served as special advisor for health policy to the director of the White House Office of Management and Budget during the Obama administration, told on a recent New York Times panel that “restarting the economy has to be done in stages... Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — ... I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest.”

Replies:
Subject: Colombian Medalists @ MU

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:27 04/13/20 Mon

Of the countries that have 2 MU wins, Colombia has the most RUs with 6 1st RUs and 3 2nd RUs. How does this board view the Colombian winners, 1st RUs, and 2nd RUs? They are listed below in date order for reference.

Luz Marina Zuluaga (MU 1958)
Maria Monica Urbina (2nd RU @ MU 1986)
Liseth Mahecha (2nd RU @ MU 1990)
Paola Turbay (1st RU @ MU 1992)
Paula Betancourt (1st RU @ MU 1993)
Carolina Gomez (1st RU @ MU 1994)
Taliana Vargas (1st RU @ MU 2008)
Paulina Vega (MU 2014)
Ariadna Gutierrez (1st RU @ MU 2015)
Andrea Tovar (2nd RU @ MU 2016)
Laura Gonzalez (1st RU @ MU 2017)

Colombia is another country I feel has an inflated medal total as most of their RUs finished way too high. As far as their wins go, I would rather have seen Carolina Gomez winning Colombia's 2nd MU title and not Paulina Vega.

Last edited by author: Mon April 13, 2020 12:38:22   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Final 3 or Final 5?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:00 03/19/20 Thu

Do you prefer a final cut to 3 contestants (as MUO has been doing in recent years) or a final cut to the Top 5?

I prefer a Top 5 because I miss the suspense of the "countdown" from 4th runner-up to the winner. Also, I like knowing who the 4th and 3rd runners-up are.

Replies:
Subject: Help! Where can I find the rules for who can be a pageant judge for a state's preliminary pageant? NM was a complete joke, Laura had a horrible judging panel, can anyone help where I can find the rules?

Author:
. (.)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:41:28 04/14/20 Tue

Subject: Rumor - Miss Universe 2019 1st runner-ups will compete in Miss Universe 2020

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:39:39 04/09/20 Thu

From Brian Javier on his YouTube channel, Rumors start flying in the pageant world that the all national pageant 2019 first runner-ups are being,allegedly, told to be designated as there 2020 queen of there country and compete in #MissUniverse 2020! If this rumor was true, would you enjoy your countries rep?

Miss Panama 2019 1st runner-up Carmen Jaramillo is listed in Wikipedia's Miss Universe 2020.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.