|Subject: My final thoughts|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 13:11:52 01/28/17 Sat
My final Top 12
Miss Universe - Thailand - Miss Thailand is the whole package. Chalita caught my attention during the swimsuit fashion show earlier in the pageant. Her presentation screamed Miss Universe. She is fierce, elegant and sexy. Miss Thailand seems to be in a league of her own this year and I think she can easily soar to the top three on her own merits. If Chalita can speak like Deshauna during the interview portion then this is the girl to beat for the 2016 Miss Universe crown
1st Runner up- Leading up to the pageant Miss Colombia seemed like the one to beat. She seems friendly and certainly knows how to turn on her A game when she needs to. Andrea easily gave the best swimsuit performance but I did not care for her gown. I do not see Colombia winning the pageant but I think she will be in the top three
2nd Runner up -Miss Dominican Republic came out of nowhere to literally land a top three spot in my list. Considering IMG is a modeling agency, Sal is the epitome of a model. She was easily the leader on my preliminary chart because of her effortless ease on stage. I love her height and physique. Also, I felt that her gown was one of the best. I was not a fan of Dominican Republic in the past but I fell in love with her after the preliminaries.
4th - France has become Europe’s strongest delegate at Universe during recent years. The nation has consistently crowned caliber girls. However, no French woman seems to advance beyond the final five. Iris easily has the goods in both the swimsuit and evening gown but she comes off as somewhat cocky on stage. At the moment I think she is the fourth strongest girl with a great shot at cracking the top three.
5th- Miss Venezuela performed in typical Venezuelan fashion. Mariam is funny and sweet but she is also powerful on stage. During the fashion shows before the preliminary competition, Mariam was a standout in many of them. She is capable of projecting herself exquisitely. Facially she is not one of the most beautiful contestants but overall she is one of the strongest girls.
6th- I am probably taking a risk with this girl. During her preliminary performance her face reminded me so much of Paulina Vega. Rebecca is the best delegate that Belize has ever sent. She gained my attention during her swimsuit presentation and cemented herself a spot on my final list with an svelte evening gown performance. I would be ecstatic to see Belize land a spot in the final six. Her sash might work against her and she could possibly be overlooked by some of the more hyped girls.
7th- Brazil did her job during the preliminaries. Raissa was confident, engaging, and smoldering. Since coming into the pageant I think Brazil has lost some steam. Her features are polarizing and often harsh but she is usually able to work them to her advantage. I would not be surprised to see Brazil in the final three.
8th- Just as Philippines stole China’s spot on my final 12, Curacao stole Tanzania’s spot. Overall, Curacao ranked twelfth on my preliminary list. I enjoyed her swimsuit competition but was severely disappointed by her granny panty swimsuit gown. My gut feeling is telling me that Curacao will place.
9th- Mexico was my favorite post preliminaries. I was somewhat taken aback by her harsh features on stage. Is she wearing contacts? Kristal should crack the finals on her own merit but she needs to bring some originality if she wants to advance further on finals night. Her best asset is her physique would should easily carry her to the next round. Mexico is the epitome of a pageant patty but she does have the goods to compete with the best.
10th- Miss USA is very polarizing this year. Deshauna is facing lots of criticism but I happen to be a fan of her and her story. I felt her performance at USA was on point. However, Deshauna has not been up to par at Universe. I think Deshauna does better on stage than she does in photos. Also, she is great at expressing herself which gives her an advantage over some of the other girls. I think Miss USA will land a spot in the top twelve because of her confidence on stage and a strong interview. I am hoping that she changes her gown for the finals.
11th- Aruba is very elegant which certainly showed in her evening gown presentation. Aruba did everything that Barbados did not. She was confident and poised. Charlene landed on my final list because of her stellar gown presentation. I felt many girls were aesthetically more beautiful than Aruba but they lacked her confidence. If Aruba makes it beyond the swimsuit round and delivers an exceptional gown performance she could easily soar into the top six.
12th- Miss Philippines has a tough act to follow especially since her fellow country woman is the reigning Miss Universe. After the preliminary competition I had Maxine in my top twenty. However, I have four other Asian countries ranked higher than her. She was consistent in the preliminaries which was something that many other girls lacked but I did not get that wow factor from her in either category. I commend Maxine for taking a risk with her evening gown. I saw many gowns that were recycled (USA), predictable (Latin countries), and just downright hideous (Sweden, Bulgaria, and Austria). I pulled China out of my top twelve and replaced her with the Philippines because I think she will get the fan vote.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Wow! I'm not the only one that thinks Belize could/should be up there. I had not noticed Belize prior to preliminaries, but she charmed me. Did an impeccable job during both SS and EG. (NT) -- She has something about her that is alluring and engaging. I hope she gets the call. Thailand is a very humble girl. Go check out her close-up video if you haven't. Wouldn't be mad if she won., 13:23:02 01/28/17 Sat
- unlike in that order .... Thailand OK... the rest would be Brazil, France, Philippines (host), Venezuela, Colombia ... etc... (NT) -- MU Fan, 15:01:32 01/28/17 Sat
- Great list... but you're miss the eventual winner... Indonesia... lucky there is a top 13 and not a 12! LOL (NT) -- Freud, 15:56:08 01/28/17 Sat
- Great list Ian! Love your choices. Agree on all, perhaps I need to check Belize and would probably change her for Indonesia. Aruba is also on my list, the biggest surpise of the prelimns. This is definitely Thailands year. (NT) -- Best wishes to all from Colombia. Señorita Colombia will begin on March 11 so stay tuned to check who will be Andrea's succesor., 17:55:27 01/28/17 Sat
- Way too long. Gotta learn to edit cuz most don't want to sit through a paragraph of same old same old on 15 girls (NT) -- Just sayin, 17:58:32 01/28/17 Sat
- If Thailand wins Miss Universe (NT) -- ------------ She will need a interpreter by her side all the time?, 17:59:21 01/28/17 Sat
- If beauty has anything to do with it. Ukraine should win (NT) -- She is my winner, 18:15:05 01/28/17 Sat
- I was at the Miss Belize Universe Pageant and I've rarely seen someone command the stage like Rebecca did. I hope she does well!! (NT) -- Annie Okie, 18:50:21 01/28/17 Sat
- ARGENTINA, BARBADOS, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, FRANCE, HAITI, INDONESIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PHILIPPINES, THAILAND AND UKRAINE...FAN VOTE: VENEZUELA (NT) -- Senorita Czarina, 19:46:22 01/28/17 Sat
- Certainly agree with a lot of what you said, especially regarding Aruba, who I hope makes it, Thailand and France. (NT) -- Allan, 19:55:31 01/28/17 Sat
- Thanks for the comments! IMO Belize did shine on stage that night. She performed much better than some of the supposedly front runners. (NT) -- Ian Sebastin, 11:57:52 01/29/17 Sun
- No effing way with Thailand!!! lol (NT) -- i just cant, 16:33:10 01/29/17 Sun
- Usually I like most of your list, but this year is just uhmmm not the best. I think Dominican Rep. is not making it. And I would not be surprised if Colombia does not either. Where are Indonesia and Jamaica? I also love Belize, but I do not think she will place. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi, 17:25:15 01/29/17 Sun
- Hey our lists are almost similiar (NT) -- Vegas, 17:37:48 01/29/17 Sun