|Subject: Miss World Organization Congratulates Andrea Meza|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 18:28:32 05/17/21 Mon
The Miss World Organization congratulates Andrea Meza for winning Miss Universe. They also congratulated Julia Gama for placing as 1st RU.
Andrea sent this reply: "Thank you so much 🙌🏼 My experience at miss world was life changing, will always have you all in my heart ❤️"
I find it amazing that MUO's rival org would post this (they also posted a similar message to Catriona Gray after she won Miss Universe (to compare, I can't imagine Miss America posting something similar after having one of their formers win Miss USA). I think this is a step forward and we'll probably see more Miss World cross-overs in the future (and I think this will be awesome, one thing Miss World does not lack is beautiful candidates).
Here's Andrea in 2018 during her "Global Humanitarian Tour" with Julia Morley and Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar.
Last edited by author: Mon May 17, 2021 18:29:45
Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- The girl seems to have gotten in the good graces of three difficult bosses - Lupita, Julia, and Paula (in that order - I think Paula is a latchkey mom LOL). Clearly they see something in her. (NT) -- Looking forward to her reign, 18:37:03 05/17/21 Mon
- Among recent (2016-2019) MW Runner Ups, I'd say we could see Ophély Mézino and Nicolene Pichapa Limsnukan at a future MU. Suman Rao is most likely taking her talents to Bollywood. I don't see much MU potential in Stephanie Hill and Natasha Mannuela Halim. (NT) -- Basketball_Fan, 18:39:05 05/17/21 Mon
- Miss America is even worse, that former Miss America that got bullied judged miss Universe last year. Julia gets free publicity but reality is and will always be, she attracts better looking women. And she liekly watched last night gleeful that Paula stole beauty with a purpose. (NT) -- Original Rican, 18:40:47 05/17/21 Mon
- Of the current national directors directing the same country, does Lupita have the most winners? She is at 2. Tied with South Africa? (NT) -- Original Rican, 19:24:18 05/17/21 Mon
- I'm actually waiting for a Miss World winner (or Miss Universe winner) to have the balls to cross-over and attempt a double-crown. Whoever that is will have my admiration. (NT) -- annie55, 20:08:59 05/17/21 Mon
- YES! They would get instant publicity and support from fans and it would certainly make for an extremely interesting pageant. I believe the closest thing we've had most recently (in the US) was Teresa Scanlan, Miss America 2011, place 1st RU at Miss World America in 2015. (NT) -- MU_Critic, 20:16:46 05/17/21 Mon
- Didn’t that almost happen back in 2003 with Rosanna Davison, MW 2003? There was talk that she might try to win Miss Universe, or was that just a rumor? (NT) -- Zander, 21:04:26 05/17/21 Mon
- I wonder if there's a contract on the 3 biggest pageants (World, Universe, Earth) that forbids them from participating in other pageants, or maybe they really just don't want to take risk... It's apparently allowed by Miss International when MI 2014 joined miss U PR in 2019, but dropped out... and for Miss Supranational, MS 2015 was apparently supposed to be this year's rep to Miss Universe but wasn't able to pay the franchise.... and for MGI, Miss Grand 2015 from Australia joined MU Australia in 2018 but didn't win. (NT) -- supragirl, 21:17:08 05/17/21 Mon
- I also want to add that the difference between Julia Morley and Paula Shugart is that Julia is the shrewder business woman who actually knows her brand. Yes, MW is a boring variety show but you will never see a MU finalist win the blue crown. They will place as finalists and RU's at the most but they will never win nowadays. (NT) -- MU_Critic, 20:39:41 05/17/21 Mon
- The last MU crossover to win MW was Agbani Darego and that was 20 years ago. (NT) -- Basketball_Fan, 21:28:03 05/17/21 Mon
- It’s true that MUO wants everything for free, but Julia has gotten herself in hot water with bad decision making. Julia has made frequent missteps when it comes to the pageant itself. Miss World was met with protests when Bangalore hosted in 1996 and met with even bigger protests in 2002 when the pageant was forcefully moved from Nigeria to London at the last minute. Vietnam was to host in 2010 but backed out as the date neared due to shady dealings and lack of support from the original sponsor. (NT) -- MLB, 04:32:44 05/18/21 Tue
- Jakarta was to host the pageant in 2013, but was plagued by protests from Muslim hardliners and thus, relocated exclusively to Bali, which is considered a resort area. Finally, for its 70th anniversary, Thailand was announced as host, but due to the pandemic, among other things, Puerto Rico somehow was named as host. Although with good intentions, I think Julia is too quick to make deals without doing much diligence regarding the host city/country/sponsors and eventually finds herself in strange predicaments. (NT) -- MLB, 04:33:13 05/18/21 Tue
- As boring as MW is, I do like that more countries have a chance at her pageant and that she could care less about the sash countries. Filipinos attack her pageant year after year but she doesn't care and it even without the support of filipino fans, her pageant is doing alright.. This is also the only pageant where Colombia means nothing. (NT) -- supragirl, 21:11:02 05/17/21 Mon
- Here is another win for Miss world. With the exception of Jamaica 2019, I would say all of their winners could stomp on miss Universe winners every year. Gowns at miss Universe this year dramatically improved but typically miss world gowns are exceptional especially for Europe and Africa. (NT) -- Original Rican, 06:16:34 05/18/21 Tue
- It’s been two days, but am I the only one who does not like Andrea’s evening gown? Good thing she’s tall, as the gown makes her look short and wide. (NT) -- Not my favorite, 17:06:56 05/18/21 Tue
- Very happy to see MWO issue a statement and acknowledge their placements! It is extremely rare that both crossovers placed in the top 2 at Miss Universe!!! Extremely rare and never happened before. I hope MWO can be more open to crowning Miss Universe crossovers now because we haven’t seen a crossover win since 2001!! (NT) -- Samuel, 19:16:20 05/21/21 Fri
- Seems Miss World rejects ( Angella Visser, Yendi Philips, Ada De La Cruz Ramirez) to name a notable few tended to do better than vice versa. The only stellar performance from Universe to World is Gina Swanson from Bermuda who won in 197o (NT) -- Barron, 16:07:01 05/22/21 Sat
- Should say 1979 (NT) -- Barron, 16:08:22 05/22/21 Sat
- What about on the usa side? Gina Tolleson was first runner at usa and went on to win miss world. (NT) -- Original Rican, 17:39:53 05/22/21 Sat
- 8 Miss World winners previously competed @ Miss Universe: Carmen Susana Duijm, Corine Rottschaefer, Rosemarie Frankland, Madeline Hartog-Bel Houghton, Eva Rueber-Staier, Helen Morgan, Gina Swainson, Agbani Darego. 6 Miss Universe winners previously competed @ Miss World: Georgina Rizk, Angela Visser, Michelle McLean, Mpule Kwelagobe, Catriona Gray, Andrea Meza. 5 of these MWs were semifinalists @ MU and 3 of these MWs were MU 1st RUs. 3 of these MUs did not make the cut @ MW, 2 were MW Top 5 Finalists, and 1 was MW 1st RU. (NT) -- Basketball_Fan, 20:01:04 05/22/21 Sat
- So then what happened to Martina Thorogood? MW 1999 1st RU. Why was she rejected by Miss Universe? (NT) -- Apparently, she’s the only MW contestant ever rejected by MU, 20:44:09 05/22/21 Sat
- Martina placed first runner up at miss world. And trump did not want a miss world reject. If I'm not mistaken this when the whole miss Mexico universe, miss Mexico Universe crap started because a lot of countries were spending the winner to miss world (first) then Universe, and many first and second runner ups went to miss universe. Martina was a threat as she had everything to win miss Universe but I think her competition was Lara Dutta which she wasn't going to top. So the first runner up finish with Claudia was as far they were getting (NT) -- Original Rican, 21:05:35 05/22/21 Sat
- From what I recall, Julia Morley prevented Martina from competing because she was 1st RU to Yukta Mookhey and if anything happened to Yukta, Martina would have had to take over. MUO didn't want Martina's 1st RU at MV (Norkys Batista) to compete, as they only wanted a "winner". So Osmel had to set up Miss Republica Bolivariana Venezuela 2000, which Claudia Moreno won. Claudia looked er...very different without bangs but once Osmel camouflaged her large forehead, she looked like a champion. I agree that Martina would not have surpassed Claudia's placement but Martina should have steamrolled over Puke-ta Yukta at MW! Mookhey won to persuade India to play host the following year and lo and behold, they won again. (NT) -- MU_Critic, 23:42:46 05/22/21 Sat
- Just spent a week in Mexico City. Not one mention of her in the media at all. (NT) -- Elections & Protests about any and everything were all people cared about. And finally being able to dine & drink out., 14:30:29 05/25/21 Tue