Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Subject: Who's your favorite Miss Colombia Universe? Make a top 3

Author:
Enrij
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:54 06/21/16 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss World America 2016 Top Picks: I really like Andrea Hightower, Hiam Hafizuddin, Keilani Aflava, Ramina Ashfaque, Rachel White & I guess Audra Mari. This is my guess for top 5. What's yours?

Author:
Jamie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:34:09 06/22/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I'm not sure if this is allowed so take it down if it's not.

Author:
Help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:29 06/21/16 Tue

First, I know diet pills are bad. I got into an accident and was unable to really exercise for a while. I also happened to start indulging in fattening foods. Add the two together and the answer is a 20 pound weight gain. The first 8 pounds came off easily but the rest just isn't coming off. I don't have much time to get ready for my next pageant. So are there any weight loss pills or programs worth trying? Does anyone know what former or current titles holders use? A friend recommend Adipex but after researching it I'm terrified of it.

Subject: Top 5 Teen USA

Author:
Linda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:39 06/21/16 Tue

Mississippi - Beautiful and a good story
Nevada
Texas
Colorado
California

Replies:
Subject: Road to.....Miss USA & Teen USA 2017

Author:
Kandi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:31 06/20/16 Mon

Since the official USB community is now a Facebook chat how will the road to work this year?

Replies:
Subject: In search of Miss Interview Dresses! My current search is futile and I'm finding nothing trendy and most are so clingy they look like club dresses! LOL Any suggestions or websites?

Author:
Tall Girl Looking
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:02 06/19/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Gearing up for Teens

Author:
Inoshishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:36 06/17/16 Fri

Who are your favorites for the crown?

First impressions for me
Louisiana
Oklahoma
Missouri
Nevada
New Jersey

Replies:
Subject: What problem did Voy have??

Author:
Kit
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:51:23 06/18/16 Sat

Does anybody know why was Voy down for so long?? And did visitors outside of North America successfully enter the site during that time??

Replies:
Subject: Where is everyone?

Author:
JC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:46 06/18/16 Sat

Do people not know voy is back or has most of USB left this board permanently. Hopefully this board gets back into the flow again

Replies:
Subject: It's back, woohoo!

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:46 06/15/16 Wed

Replies:
Subject: NOW WE KNOW WHY MARIAM HABACH WON MISS VENEZUELA

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:41 06/17/16 Fri

After watching Miss USA and confirming my worst nightmare that MUO is turning into a reality-type Miss America/Miss World, it is clear why Osmel chose Mariam Habach to win Miss Venezuela, which in fact was a total upset for all pagent followers. She has the BEST back story possible; being of Syrian descent she will surely milk that story to the end. Although facially she is not that beautiful, her stage presence and back story will absolutely land her a spot in the upcoming top 3. Being Venezuela de powerhouse that is, don't you think that MUO tipped Osmel to change his selection parameter in preparation of the new changes in style and format for Miss Universe? Anyhow, prepare to for your new Miss Universe: Venezuela, again!!

Replies:
Subject: Big Four: USA

Author:
HiJake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:25 06/01/16 Wed

Let's say that the Miss USA pageant determined who represented the United States at each of the Big Four pageants (the original Big Four...I don't count all these newer ones). Who do you think should go where?

Miss Universe?

Miss World?

Miss International?

Miss Earth?

Replies:
Subject: Miss World 2016 in DC?!?!?!

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:33 06/16/16 Thu

According to Global Beauties...really? DC in December is COLD guys...I live nearby and think this is very odd indeed.

16 June — The 2016 Miss World pageant will take place in Washington, District of Columbia (USA) on Tuesday, December 20th. The announcement was made public this morning by the Miss World America organization, local partners of Miss World in the United States.

Contestants from about 130 countries will participate in the 3-week festival leading up to the crowning of a new Miss World.

This the 66th edition of the world’s largest beauty contest, and the second time it is held on US soil, after taking place in Atlanta (Georgia) in 1991.

Further details will be disclosed as the event gets closer. The reigning Miss World is Spain’s Mireia Lalaguna.

Replies:
Subject: The 2015 triumverate. Any thoughts about the 2015 squad?

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:24 06/05/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Prelims (unbiased)

Author:
Gonzo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:07 06/02/16 Thu

Wooo! Voy is back! It was so painful not being able to log-on. But I think it was also good, in a way, because I was able to have my own unbiased opinion on what I saw in the prelims. I haven't read anyone else's reactions, but here are mine. Basically I'm ranking the girls based on their prelim performance.

Top 5

VIRGINIA - She was the undeniable star of prelims for me. She looked fantastic. I was a little worried that she may come off as too muscular in swimsuit but I was wrong. I also loved her in gown. In terms of prelim performance alone, she's my #1.

MISSOURI - She looked amazing. I loved the blue swimsuit and she has the walk down perfect. I didn't LOVE the dress (it sort of reminded me of KS 07 without the "train") but, again, she has the face and the walk.

NEW JERSEY - This girl hadn't been in my top 15 because she, simply, looked a little too plastic to me. However, I loved her performance. She has the height, the body, the gown. I'd be surprised if she missed the cut.

TEXAS - Another that was further down on my list. That gown is $$$$. Facially I don't find her to be the most attractive but she should certainly get the call.

HAWAII - She has always been a personal favorite of mine. She would be the biggest surprise to me if she missed the cut. That body! That height! I didn't love the gown, but at least she stood out.

Top 10

COLORADO - I could see this girl winning it all. I'm not in love with the middle part styling but that body! I'm also not in love with the gown, I almost hope she changes it before finals.

52 - I thought her gown presentation was a real highlight of the show. I also think she may be some extra votes just based on her being the "first Miss 52 in history". I actually think she deserves it as well.

IDAHO - Another one I was worried about coming in to prelims just because she hasn't been popping in Vegas like I expected her. She was the first blonde that I loved on that stage. Really rooting for her.

OKLAHOMA - Were it not for that gown, she probably would be my #1 or very close to it. Not sure why she saw that gown and thought "yes! that's the one". I think it could really hurt her going forward. But she's gorgeous.

ALABAMA - She has been no where need my radar but I thought she started things out with a spark. One of my favorites in swimsuit, surprisingly and she also seems to have a spunk that I think will help her in interview.

Top 15

OHIO - Ok, I'm only docking her points because of that gown. The top wasn't so bad but that bottom is horrendous. Please oh please change gowns before finals because you could take it all!

WEST VIRGINIA - Another surprise for me. She is one of the faces of the pageant and gave strong but not really memorable performances in swimsuit and evening gown. I do like the red on her though and thought it made her stand out.

MARYLAND - Again, if it weren't for the gown she would be in my top tier. Just, why do these girls see these gowns and think they're the one. It certainly wasn't the worst but it wasn't great.

KANSAS - I actually thought her gown was a big highlight. I wish it were a different color but she looked great. I also wish she had chosen a different swimsuit and I felt like it was a tankini when she has the body for a different style.

SOUTH DAKOTA - Ok, this is my sentimental pick. I thought she looked GREAT in evening gown. If it weren't for that random blue wave at the bottom I would say she was #1 in gown for me. I'm still not sure she'll make it, but her gown performance alone is giving her a top 15 spot for me.

BUBBLES:

NEBRASKA - For her personality, but I thought she was boring on stage.

ARIZONA - May have gotten outperformed by Alabama. I think only one of them will make it.

FLORIDA - Decent performance but not that memorable.

GEORGIA - So gorgeous. Just something is making me hold back on committing.

NEVADA - Looks a little too plastic for my taste.

CONNECTICUT - Loved the red.

Others: Rhode Island, South Carolina, Maine, Illinois

Replies:
Subject: I JUST READ...

Author:
DeeDee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:13 06/17/16 Fri

where Alicia Machado is taking her American Citizenship exam in a few weeks so she can become a voter--with the expressed purpose of voting against Trump. I got a chuckle out of that. I guess she can't forget how nasty he was to her 20 years ago.

Replies:
Subject: Meanwhile in Canada... Veterans dominate the 2016 national pageant!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:56 06/16/16 Thu

You can rewatch Miss U. Canada in full here:
<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://livemedia.biz/missu.html">http://livemedia.biz/missu.html</a>

I will discuss the results below. Do not scroll down if you want to see the competition first.

This year's competition was held last Saturday. Curiously this MUC`s finale was held AFTER Miss USA and not before, as it is always the case.

This was certainly the year of veterans, I do not recall as many returning contestants in 9 or 10 years. We need to underline though that there is only one regional pageant (for Western Ontario) and other than that, any girl who is willing to pay to compete will compete in the finals. That means that the level of contestants or competition is not that high and there is not a lot of *new blood*.

Results:
There are always a lot of WTFs in Canadian results. Unfortunately, our is one of these countries that beauty is not the main consideration. As example, you may remember huge favorites Celina Toenz or Joanie Roy (both over 6 feet tall). in some of the past editions that did not make top 20 and never came back.

I did not see the prelims but this year seemed like a fairer judged pageant.

Top 20 Quarter Finalists:
Darya Khosravi, Richmond Hill, ON
Elizabeth Quan, Toronto, ON
Jillian Martin, Saskatoon, SK
Melinda Henderson, Thunder Bay, ON
Natalie Carriere, Iroquois Falls, ON
Ninela Sanchez, Mississauga, ON
Henderson had the worst body but qualified as a fast track winner. Khosravi was another fast track winner (out of 5). Carriere is the one with the most experience in here but I thought Elizabeth Quan, a multiracial delegate (Asian, Black and white) was the most striking and deserved to move to top 20. Jillian Martin is a gorgeous, tall blonde that is 6' feet tall and with some work on her figure could be a future winner.

Top 12 Semi-Finalists were:
Alexis Lopez, Oakville, ON
Brittany Michalchuk, Calgary, AB
Catherine Valle, Leamington, ON
Laura Guzman, Vancouver, BC
Natalie Zaiffdeen, Edmonton, AB
Sabrina Felice, Thunder Bay, ON
Sian Slingerland, Coquitlam, BC
A lot of experience in this group. Guzman, Michalchuk, Valle and Felice have tones of national experience but they lack in one department or the other, often in height or face. Even newbies like Zaiffdeer or Slingerland were not overly consistent. The biggest positive surprise was Alexis Lopez, a debutante that has a great bootylicious body and adequate interview skills. She deserved to make it further.

Top 5:
4th Runner-up: Zoe Bennett, Windsor, ON
This 18 years old blonde was also a debutante. Sonny Borelli who co-hosted the pageant is also a regional director for Western Ontario. She needs to work on interview a bit.
3rd Runner-up: Camila Gonzalez, Toronto, ON
This is the highest placed newbie of this competition. She delivered a worthy EG performance and was consistent enough. Personally, I would not put her in top 5 but do not think it was unjustified.
2nd Runner-up: Kesiah Papasin, Etobicoke, ON
Keshiah delivered a more sexed up performance than what we are used from her. This veteran has one more year of eligibility, though she never competed for two years in a row. I have a hint, she will come back next year.
1st Runner-up: Amber Bernachi, Amherstburg, ON
Amber has tones of experience. Just like Kesiah, she last competed two years ago and made top 12 then. This is her first top 5 finish but given all the improvements she made, it was deserved. She is a surefire favorite for the Miss International spot as Kesiah already went and she has experience in other pageants too, such as Miss Earth Canada 1st runner-up.
Miss Universe Canada 2016: Siera Bearchell, Moose Jaw, SK
This win was not a surprise at all and was justified. I believe she is the best Canadian girl to go to MU since Alice Panikian (and maybe Riza Santos). She only competed at MUC once before, being 1st runner-up to Riza. But she has competed in other pageants throughout Canada. Last year she competed internationally at Miss Supranational and ended up as 1st runner-up. Siera has great interview skills and personality that works well with MU org. She also rocks in swimsuit with nowadays trendy bootylicious look (though I would work a bit on more muscle definition) but even as it is now, I think Canada is heading to the semis. Interesting fact, she is from Saskatchewan and the last time that province sent a delegate to MU was in 1984!

Replies:
Subject: MUO wants to make Vegas the permanent venue for Universe/USA

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:54 06/01/16 Wed

From Robin Leach of the Las Vegas Sun:

"Serious conversations are underway for the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants to have a permanent home in Las Vegas, I can reliably and exclusively report.

"When I asked Paula Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization that also oversees Miss USA, if a new deal in Las Vegas was for three years, she told me":

“Right now, we’re here for this show. But we definitely are looking at and we have started to talk about a long-term residency in Las Vegas for our pageants: Miss USA and Miss Universe.

“Look around — why wouldn’t I be back here? This is Las Vegas. Las Vegas is our second home. We’ve always put on amazing shows here. Our new owners, William Morris Endeavor International Management Group, love Las Vegas because it’s exciting — it’s great.

“They know how to put on events, and that’s really what they’re all about as far as what kind of show they can deliver. Frankly, we deliver the best shows when we’re here in Las Vegas.”

Both pageants were previously owned by Donald Trump, who sold them at the start of his presidential run.

“I was only in T-Mobile Arena when they were building it, and it is a huge venue,” Paula continued. “I think you’ll see it’ll be pretty full on camera. The interesting thing is we needed more backstage room. We’re going to have 52 blow dryers going on at the same time. It’ll look good on camera.

“This will be a bigger show than Baton Rouge, and we have some great talent. The fact that The Backstreet Boys are kicking off their summer tour with this show brings a lot of excitement to it, and also with Chris Young.

“We’re bringing in a lot of great talent. Everybody loves being in Las Vegas, so we hope we will be calling this home for a long, long time to come.”

"Steve Harvey, who was involved in the Miss Universe blunder in December naming Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez the winner when it should have been Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach of the Philippines, returns to host Miss Universe in December."

Source: <a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2016/may/31/miss-usa-miss-universe-pageants-to-make-las-vegas/">https://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2016/may/31/miss-usa-miss-universe-pageants-to-make-las-vegas/</a>

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.