VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board
Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Congratulations to the 2014 titleholders!

Subject: Pageant Predictions: THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:33 01/27/15 Tue

The results of our Miss Universe predictions competition are in, as well as the final standings in the 2014 Predictor of the Year competition!

To view the results for our Miss Universe predictions competition,visit: http://pageantpredictions.webs.com/2014missuniverse.htm

To see the final standings in the 2014 Predictor of the Year competition,visit: http://pageantpredictions.webs.com/2014finalresults.htm

Thanks to ALL OF YOU for entering! I hope you’ve enjoyed this year’s competition as much as I have. Who will come out on top next year and take the title of 2015 Predictor of the Year? It could be you!

PS – Please stop and sign the guest book by clicking the “GUEST BOOK” link in the navigation bar at the right! You can also find Pageant Predictions on Facebook and Twitter (@PageantPredict)!!!

Travis Stanton - Pageant Predictions

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Nia Sanchez is the 9th MUSA to place as 1st RU at Universe. Where does Nia rank, as far as beauty/charm, within that group of 9? For me, it would be hard to place her ahead of any.

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:24 01/27/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Shut up people. I am your queen and now you all serve ME... let the nightmare begin

Author:
TxIdol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:20:35 01/25/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Some ramblings about last night from Mister USB

Author:
JayBay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:28 01/26/15 Mon

My non-pageant friend who just so happens to be a Lesbian texted me while watching the opening of the pageant, “OMG these women are HOT! I love the costumes, but aren’t they gonna have to change really fast??” I didn’t wanna ruin the magic for her so I said, “Pageant girls are pros, and also, they got them some good Judys backstage.” She thought Chile, Japan, and Brazil were “BOMB.”

The Top 15 was pretty solid – but I was definitely missing my Costa Rica! To me she was the top Latina, and should have been up there before Colombia and Miggy Migs. Also missing was some more black beauty, the two G’s: Guyana and Gabon. Happy for Indonesia and Italy, wasn’t expecting that.

Instead of the videos of each semi finalist, I’d rather have the Top 15 Announced, commercial break, and then an onstage interview with each one. The videos (like they did at Miss USA) killed the excitement of the announcement for me because it dragged. But I do like that the audience is getting to know these women a little bit more.

Jeannie Mai – you’re a mess Girl, and your high five attempts looked more like you were trying to smack the finalists upside their heads. BYE.

The swimsuit competition was WEIRD. Prince Royce’s song, “DARTE UN BESO” is used by my Zumba instructor at the end of class to cool us down and stretch us out. Yea. I couldn’t believe this song was being used for swimsuit – way to drain out all the energy in the room! The audience actually looked like they were bored. And what was up with the non-finalists wearing those tickety-tack embellishments? I was so confused, what was the theme? It kind of reminded me of like, the arts and crafts department at the Dollar Tree (oooh that was shady).

I’m glad India was a little more “controlled” this time around. France was GORGEOUS, but in the grand tradition of beauties from France, she was “Une belle endormie,” or a SLEEPING BEAUTY. Oh, and my neck started to hurt from just watching all the head whipping that MJ Lastimosa kept serving (Girl, STOP).

I understand the pageant has to showcase the host city, but why were we watching the developmental plans for Doral? So this city isn’t even built yet? What? I’m not buying real estate, I just came to see the Miss Universe Pageant. For some reason that irked me.

The Top 10 looked great in evening gown, but God forbid I sneezed or blinked because THEY WERE GONE IN TWO SECONDS. I wanted to see more of them! I couldn’t believe how short their presentation was. Oh, and Miggy Migs, it’s okay to have a lil panzita (tummy), I got one too Mija, but don’t wear a gown that puts a spotlight on it! Pobresita.

Top 5 – just when this Top 5 was about to be Latin-Country free for the first time in FOREVER – they put Colombia in there. Wished it was Spain, that voice of hers shoulda been heard.

Question portion was all over the place, I couldn’t understand the judges or finalists! Oh, and Netherlands – BEAUTIFUL, but hollow. I wanted to know what melody was playing in her head because she seemed just LOST.

Ukraine for me was the most ENTERTAINING to watch that night – she was LIVING. Girl was sopping up all the camera time she could get, I LOVED HER! Sure, she had no idea what she was saying, but she was feeling herself in that Zuhair Murad gown, yass gawd!

My excitement for Jamaica somewhat lessened after the question portion, but 4th runner up? BOOOOO, indeed.

My winner of the night: our Miss USA, Nia Sanchez. Ever since that epic picture of her arriving in Doral, she has knocked it out of the park, and finals night was no different. What I’ve realized about Nia is, she has a quiet confidence – she doesn’t do the over the top gestures or overly fierce walk, and she doesn’t have to. She’s sweet, controlled, confident – and it’s still really great to watch. She also did an amazing job with those questions (kudos to her interview coaches *wink wink*). I did not think I would say this, but Nia Sanchez gave one of the strongest performances by a Miss USA at Miss Universe. FANTASTIC JOB, NIA. THANK YOU!

In regards, to Colombia – I think she is actually pretty, and I did love her gown, and I don’t want to give in to rumors of her supposed bitchy attitude, but there was an air about her that I could not warm up to. And when they announced her as the winner it was just like, “Oh.” I think other results would have been way more exciting, but I am curious to see how her reign will turn out. Hopefully she'll prove us naysayers wrong.

Anyway, thanks for reading - and now lets look forward to MISS USA 2015!

Mister USB 2014 JayBaY

Last edited by author: Mon January 26, 2015 15:41:00   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: What on earth??

Author:
TxIdol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:30 01/25/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: What I cannot understand

Author:
huh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:54 01/26/15 Mon

How can someone who watches pageants, looks at pics, sees sash year after year, can't be able to spell the country correctly. It is NOT Columbia. It is Colombia. Is it really that hard to figure out? Gees

Replies:
Subject: What is up with Wikipedia having posted Columbia as the winner 2 days before she was crowned? I know most pages can be edited by anyone, but the Miss Universe page is locked. I saw a post before the pageant with a screenshot, but shrugged it off as nothing until Columbia won.

Author:
CuriousPageantFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:23 01/26/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Mega wardrobe malfunction in SS! How did she not win Miss CAUSA with those gorgeous looks, great personality and spectacular save on stage?

Author:
NEQueen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:09 01/27/15 Tue

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_say8wbj2/

Subject: Miss California USA & Teen USA top fives

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:56:47 01/27/15 Tue

Miss California USA 2015 - Natasha Martinez (1RU 14, 3RU 13, T10 11)
1st runner-up - Brittany Wagner (T10 14, NF 10, T10 CA TUSA 07)
2nd runner-up - Brittany Payne
3rd runner-up - Shelbi Buchholz
4th runner-up - Chanelle Riggan

Miss California Teen USA 2015 - Melanie Mitchell (4RU 14)
1st runner-up - Gigi Gauthier (1RU 14)
2nd runner-up - Savannah Palacio (T20 14, T20 13)
3rd runner-up - Athenna Crosby (T10 14, T20 13)
4th runner-up - Toneata Morgan (3RU 14, T10 13, 2RU 12)

Really strange coincidence, the top 10 (Miss) were called with five on the left side of the stage (the first ones called) and the second ten on the right. The actual top five were the first five girls called! Yet I think at least three of the others should have been in the top five... it's just weird weird weird.

Last edited by author: Tue January 27, 2015 17:57:52   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
NEQueen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:58 01/26/15 Mon

Wait . . . What?

Replies:
Subject: USB is your place to be! Our hits and parties prove it.

Author:
USBModStacey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:34 01/26/15 Mon

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.