|Subject: Let's talk EVENING GOWNS!|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:13:50 05/13/16 Fri
Howdy, y'all! Miss USA starts in just a few short days (the anticipation is killing me!) and I can't wait for Registration/Fittings pics to start rolling in! As I'm sure you all may know, many of the girls are putting the finishing touches on or have already chosen their gowns (hopefully many, many showstoppers) and as a huge fan of the Evening Gown competition, I would like to discuss with you all what we would like to see onstage this year:
1A) What type of gown(s) are you hoping to see on the Miss USA stage this year? 1B) Are there any styles from the past, you would like to see return in 2016?
2) Do you have a favorite contestant? If so, who is she and what type of gown do you think would best suit her?
3A) What song or type of music should be used for this year's Evening Gown competition? 3B) What type of set are you hoping to see for the EG production?
Here are a few styles from earlier this year that I am hoping to see onstage:
Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell (Oscars 2016)- I really REALLY hope there's at least 1 (or 2 or 3) girl that is bold enough to rock the "pantgown" as I call it...I LOVE it and I loved Lady Gaga in it
Other favorites include:
-Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab (Oscars 2016)
-Priyanka Chopra in Zuhair Murad (Oscars 2016)
-Charlize Theron in Dior (Oscars 2016)
-Taylor Swift in Versace (Grammys 2016)- I would also love to see a Miss be able to pull off a two-piece gown (with a ponytail, LOVE when a ponytail is worn by a Miss) but in more mature colors that would be acceptable at Miss USA, I think the colors shown in the pic above are more suitable for Miss Teen USA
***UPDATE*** Top 3 Looks From 2016 Cannes Film Fest:
Sonam Kapoor in Ralph & Russo- Would this be too daring for the Miss USA stage? I think NOT. When I see gowns like this, I think of the gowns worn in the Miss Venezuela Pageant and how extravagant they are. This number would be a certified showstopper
Other favorites include:
-Aishwarya Rai, Miss World 1994 in Ali Younes- BREATHTAKING!
-Mallika Sherawat in Georges Hobeika
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by author: Thu May 19, 2016 13:54:58
Edited 3 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Really love your picks!! I saw Susie and Shandi helped a contestant pick out a Michael Costello, so I'm really looking forward to that. I just want to see things that are a little more outside of the norm but not too crazy either! I feel like Nevada always comes as the best dressed so looking forward to her selection as well. (NT) -- lipbalm, 14:22:30 05/13/16 Fri
- I'm probably in the minority - but I hate the long train things like GaGas and what a lot of the runners up had in Cali. I really want less pageant patty and more red carpet! (NT) -- CalFan, 14:33:25 05/13/16 Fri
- I'd love a Claire Danes Met Gala style Cinderella dress. Amazing. Really taking it up a notch. (NT) -- FormerClapper, 15:33:38 05/13/16 Fri
- I agree with Nevada always being best dressed. Wish I would have had Shanna as a director when I competed (NT) -- FormerClapper, 15:36:08 05/13/16 Fri
- 1) I always look forward to seeing something that's not pageant safe. Right now, though, I just wanna see something sleek, sexy, and effortless. My only request: no capes. I like it, but it's already been done. 2) I browse SexyDrew's pageantaddict page and envision my favorites in some of those gowns. I'm pretty fashion challenged though so I'll just keep my suggestions to myself. Lol. 3) I made some of my song suggestions in one of the other threads, so you can kinda see the direction I would go toward. Something not so traditional, but nothing too different. "Never Forget You" is my top pick right now. The live versions are awesome and I think would give the segment a nice modern feel. I can see the girls giving those Pia side eyes glances to the camera as they strut. Lol. As for staging, I'm totally fine with jumbo screen backgrounds. (NT) -- HiJake, 18:39:59 05/13/16 Fri
- 1 I hope to see classy gowns 2 i like the mermaid style 3 some favs hawaii .... a turquoise gown.... classy 3 a music something fun 3 b romantic (NT) -- catalina, 21:16:18 05/13/16 Fri
- Charlize's Dior wins it all for me. Also Cate Blanchett's. (NT) -- eloise, 01:20:50 05/15/16 Sun
- Yeah, it's hootchie, but I don't care! I would love to see someone take this risk (NT) -- HiJake, 03:16:49 05/19/16 Thu
- I'm not really into sequins, I much prefer basic dresses, although I understand they can be a little tricky to wear on stage. Bu I would love to see Miss Idaho USA in something like this... -- LatinBr, 10:13:36 05/19/16 Thu
- bump (NT) -- CrownedKing, 13:55:40 05/19/16 Thu