|Subject: 10 posters of yesteryear that you are missing!|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:52:09 01/15/20 Wed
My dearest fellows Bubble Boarders!
We all cherish friendships that we have forged in this community over the years.
What are the 10 former posters (that are either alive or that passed away) that you miss the most? Write your top 10 and say why. If you do not have a top 10, please share your top 5 or top 3 and say why you did appreciate them.
Here is my top 10 in no particular order:
Meemaw - I absolutely adored their reviews of pageants and quirky, sophisticated approach to pageantry. I loved their directness, even if I admit it did rub me the wrong way at times. Meemaw chose to have kept their identity secret. Many claimed that he was Kim Tomes, others that he was one of the GuyRex guys. In an interview, Meemaw revealed he was a male. He battled a serious illness and I hope it all went well.
catalina - If Meemaw was extremely polished, the unpolished side of Catalina has charmed everyone over the years. Her direct, at times, raw posts showed an extreme vulnerability and yet a wholesome personality. At first, I thought catalina was Hispanic due to multiple mistakes in her "interventions", but it turned out she is not. And who can't forget her love of cats.
Marjukka - This emotional lady was one of the central personas of the message board in the 1990s. An exquisite, fragile flower if there was one. This Finniah retro beauty was oozing with wholesomeness.
Jimmy Steele - One of the purest souls in pageantry. So real, so beautiful inside. Jimmy fron Toronto had to hide his extremely young age in the 1990s. A bookworm and a multilingual, sophisticated individual... he actually became a lawyer!
Hooked - A feisty Republican lady from the South. I absolutely adore Marianne. We disagreed and argued on so many things over the years. Be it a different preference of pageant winners, be it politics, be it what happened on Oasis message board. But I believe both of us, as devoted Christians, truly better understand the reality of what this life is all about after our experience on the Bubbld Board.
punky (punkyPrincess) - This firmer state titleholder and Miss Congeniality has been one of the sweetest and most tangible additions to this message board. Cute as a pie and very friendly... she emphasized that wholesomenes we all appreciate in friendships.
JennNYC - I absolutely adore Jenn. This Caribbean lady from New York is probably the poster with whom I agreed the most among my 10 posters I mention. She has the chops to be a perfect pageant judge. So real, so true to herself.... there is nothing but positive things to say about her.
Danny-boy - This guy truly loves his island of Puerto Rico and its culture. A.pageant aficionado, he became a lawyer and is smart to boot. I argued with him quite a lot, as I wasn't a fan of many Puerto Rican queens... but there is simply that STRIKING zsa zsa zsa that he embodies... that ingenue vibe that you rarely detect in males.
KreloK - This Miami based model was one of the most interesting posters on "American Beauty" when Rican/Test was the moderator. KreloK offered an interesting perspective with the emphasis on Hispanic community.
oz-USB (x) - This Kiwi poster has many fans and some detractors. But who cannot appreciate her thirst for life and her work including getting so many past results of pageants in one place as well as her informative, comprehensive roundups. She has made some mistakes, some of them included Oasis... but she truly recovered and became a better person!
And now, your turn. Who are the 10 posters that you miss the most?
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I remember Floozie, she had a witty sense of humor. JennNYC was also good too. (NT) -- WilliamNYC, 22:44:46 01/15/20 Wed
- How on earth did I miss the cut? But I guess I'm still around lol (NT) -- Original Rican, 06:47:39 01/16/20 Thu
- I miss Kurara Chupana. She is a queen of all voy fora. (NT) -- Amigo Latino, 13:33:49 01/16/20 Thu
- Bamaman for his daily antics. I swear, April Fool’s Day was everyday for this guy. JennNYC for being neutral, friendly, non judge mental & never a shit stirrer. SanFranGuy (RIP) for his authenticity, never taking sides & the kindest person I’ve ever NOT met lol. ICEMAN (who’s been on here a few times) for never backing down from his opinions & for his vast knowledge of pageantry, especially in the RPM realm. TikiJava for never stirring up drama, nor taking part in it & his vast knowledge of pageantry as well. I’m sure I’ll think of others later. (NT) -- Groove, 14:23:41 01/16/20 Thu
- JayBay, Sucker4SilverGowns, and DMVPageantGirl are three that come to mind. Also, Glitter (who I used to confuse with Groove, only because of one-word names beginning with G). -- Doot, 15:10:03 01/16/20 Thu
- Pete of Paperdolls, I think that was his name. He would come on and shows us his latest paper dolls, (NT) -- WilliamNYC, 21:13:38 01/16/20 Thu
- I cannot even believe I didn’t acknowledge DMVPageantgirl and AnnieA! Loved these two! I thought it so cool that DMV, being the pageant vet we all knew & loved, was still a regular poster on this board. (NT) -- Groove, 22:09:44 01/16/20 Thu
- Oh yes. DMV. Too bad she never won Miss MD USA, but on the other hand she is very happily married. Other names come up in my head that I have appreciated over the years: HiJake, Armchair Judge, Jessika, sifiso, TorCanFan, Michael Knittel, Vech, Duration & Convexity, Linda, Rahul Patel. So many great posters all the way back to the 1990s. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 23:30:57 01/16/20 Thu
- Here are 10 more that we have not mentioned yet. This will be my third top 10 to make it a 30! There are just so many great posters that went through this community and made us better; Alessa, Athalia, bottom-boy, Penguin, carlitos, ZeroDefect (Dude in SouthAfrica), Marylander, Vertically_Challenged, LadyChatterly, Valerie Ewing! (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 01:35:46 01/17/20 Fri
- Bostonian, for accuracy in prognosticating certain years. (NT) -- Balty R., 05:46:33 01/17/20 Fri
- I have never posted to this board, but I read it quite frequently. I used to really enjoy the guy from Tennessee, I think his name was maybe TNboy or something like that. I always wanted to be a super fan like him LOL. (NT) -- no name, 11:08:03 01/17/20 Fri
- Speaking of Oz where is she? (NT) -- Original Rican, 14:05:12 01/17/20 Fri
- I remember someone with the handle Roseanne Roseannadanna. I remember it mainly for the name and some of the drama that he/she posted. (NT) -- PF-Indy, 14:39:44 01/17/20 Fri
- SanFranGuy was the best among us; Penguin challenged us to be a community of integrity and Oz for her tireless devotion to giving us all resourses to pour over. (NT) -- ., 16:08:47 01/17/20 Fri
- They are all still posting. (NT) -- fan, 00:15:39 01/18/20 Sat
- Wasn't "sunny air" posting here for a while. (NT) -- It's just I always that it was a cool handle to register!, 14:21:10 01/18/20 Sat
- A few more... CurlyDude, SexyDrew82, Freud, Inoshishi, Harley, RockyGirl (a former state titleholder, I believe), S.xoxo (definitely a former titleholder, LOL...and I miss having her here) -- Doot, 20:56:11 01/18/20 Sat
- What happened to Old School Fan/OSF? They were one of my favorite posters here. (NT) -- Basketball_Fan, 23:23:05 01/18/20 Sat
- Twinx RIP -- I miss you my friend, 20:55:24 01/19/20 Sun
- NoPonytailsPlease & Sucker4SilverGowns are two I especially enjoyed. (NT) -- Wonder happened to some of these???, 14:02:40 01/26/20 Sun