|Subject: MISS USA AND MISS TEEN USA 2018 TO TAKE PLACE SIMULTANEOUSLY IN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:25:25 03/19/18 Mon
NICK AND VANESSA LACHEY TO HOST THE 2018 MISS USA® COMPETITION
THE MISS USA® SPECIAL AIRS LIVE MONDAY, MAY 21, AT 8 PM ET, ON FOX, FROM THE HIRSCH MEMORIAL COLISEUM IN SHREVEPORT-BOSSIER, LOUISIANA
TV PERSONALITY AND FASHION EXPERT CARSON KRESSLEY AND
SUPERMODEL AND PAGEANT EXPERT LU SIERRA RETURN TO PROVIDE ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARY
New York, NY – The Miss Universe Organization has announced that the 2018 MISS USA® Competition will air LIVE Monday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX, from the Hirsch Memorial Coliseum in Shreveport-Bossier, LA.
Actress, host and former pageant winner Vanessa Lachey and multi-Platinum recording artist and television personality Nick Lachey will take the stage together to host the competition. Vanessa was crowned Miss Teen USA in 1998 and served as a backstage correspondent for MISS USA® in 2001 and as co-host of MISS UNIVERSE® in 2007.
First appearing together at last year’s MISS UNIVERSE®, TV personality and fashion expert Carson Kressley and supermodel and pageant expert Lu Sierra reprise their roles for MISS USA® as competition insiders to provide analysis and commentary throughout the live telecast.
The 2018 MISS USA® marks the 20th anniversary of the competition’s first appearance in the sister cities of Shreveport-Bossier. Offering cultural arts and entertainment sites, world-class outdoor sporting events, historic landmarks, festivals and more, Shreveport-Bossier provides visitors an endless variety of opportunities to enjoy.
This year, for the first time ever, the 2018 MISS TEEN USA® competition will take place immediately prior to MISS USA®.
“Blending the schedules of two of The Miss Universe Organization’s premier events for women across the country allows us to celebrate all of the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA state representatives together,” says Paula M. Shugart, president of The Miss Universe Organization.
“We look forward to setting the stage for each event in Shreveport-Bossier where the community has previously welcomed our staff, crew and contestants with its southern hospitality.”
The 2018 MISS USA® Competition is a two-hour special event which concludes with Miss USA 2017 Kára McCullough crowning her successor. Women representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia will compete for the opportunity of becoming the next Miss USA.
The Miss Universe® Organization is a company run by women for women, built on a foundation of inclusion and continues to be a celebration of diversity. Annually, nearly ten thousand young women participate in Miss Universe pageant events. The mission of the organization is to provide the tools which help women to be their personal best. Self-confidence is the key. Every woman should have the confidence to stand up in any situation and declare, "I am secure and that's what makes me beautiful!"
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Wow, wow, I'm surprised. like the dual pageants, but I'm shocked they doing it, and a 2 hour Miss USA telecast. I think the Teens will get a better experience even w/o a live television telecast. I hope they do this right. I would have preferred a June pageant, end of May is prom, graduation season so that kind of could conflict for some girls in both Miss & Teen divisions (NT) -- No Joke, 16:19:34 03/19/18 Mon
- "Immediately prior" indicates to me the teens will be in a ballroom or other room (not on the same stage as the Miss competition.) It really is a lousy time for the teens (school-wise) and they will be second fiddle all week. But it is cheaper - which seems to be what MUO is looking for. (NT) -- Plus... who wants to go to another pageant right after you have yours? The more I ponder - the worse I feel for the teens., 16:39:37 03/19/18 Mon
- Holding the pageants in the same week might be good. I feel like they have something up their sleeve! And I have a feeling it will make media waves just like they need it too. (NT) -- south star, 16:48:55 03/19/18 Mon
- I hope that they use the same stage and air miss teen usa live on fox as well i think the last time miss teen usa was on tv was 2007 after that it was online Really i would love to see MISS & TEEN on the same stage at the same time picking the top 15 from MISS & TEEN you can still have a 2 hour show or 3 hours with Both (NT) -- JCSTAR, 17:59:38 03/19/18 Mon
- Wow if it was my daughter going to teen I wouldn’t be happy. Northeast schools end at the mid-end of June. They have AP exams, proms. That is an awful time. -- *, 20:01:05 03/19/18 Mon
- If the pageant was in June I would be all for this but May is a rough time for a teen to compete in national competition. Nonetheless, I am ok with this. For those expecting TEEN to be part of the USA telecast, you are dreaming. It will likely be held in another room 3 to 4 hours prior to USA in a small ballroom. As for USA, a noticeable name missing is that fat model! Hopefully we will not hear her mouth she is terrible! I actually love Lu as commentator. (NT) -- Vegas, 20:27:37 03/19/18 Mon
- The pageant used to be held at this time in May. Michele McDonald missed her prom the night before the pageant in 1971, but that story played out well with judges. (NT) -- John O., 21:05:30 03/19/18 Mon
- wonder if they are going to go live and crown the teen then start the miss pageant? (NT) -- cat, 09:25:49 03/20/18 Tue
- Teen will not be on FOX, but I am sure they will do both on the big stage. If not, what is the point? Teen has two shows: Prelims and Finals. So is USA. My guess is that they will do joint prelims (all 102 contestants), i.e. swimsuit miss, then teen - gown miss, then teen.. they can do it, since they love that 3-in-1 parade and last year's USA prelims lasted around 40 minutes. Then have the 'Teen USA show like 3 days before, live on YouTube, allow the next 2 days for USA rehearsals, then USA finals on FOX. (NT) -- L., 11:50:35 03/20/18 Tue
- I just wanna say Thank You To IMG/MUO, i feel Grateful Two pageant in May. (NT) -- I really can't wait., 08:45:04 03/21/18 Wed
- While I am thrilled the pageants are being held the same week in the same town, I think it should be common sense that the worst possible time of the year to host a Teen USA pageant is late May. I mean thats really basic knowledge of understanding of these girl's lives. Any other 50 weeks of the year I would be happy as can be with this. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 10:40:25 03/21/18 Wed
- They should just do away with Miss Teen USA already. Nothing is forever. Its time has come. (NT) -- Focus on Miss USA and go ALL OUT for Miss USA. Teens can just save their money and prepare for Miss USA., 14:07:28 03/21/18 Wed
- This is nothing but a cost cutting initiative by MUO/IMG. (NT) -- Gigi Hadidn't, 05:16:39 03/22/18 Thu
- The Teens will be there for only a couple of days. And there was not a problem for them to all go to Vegas when Miss USA was being held exactly during the school year, and exams. So I dont think why it should be different this time. They will arrive, do their stuff and leave. 'Teen is supposed to take place on May 18th. After that they should all return home (NT) -- It will work, 07:53:03 03/22/18 Thu
- Any idea when the tickets will go on sale? How much do they usually run? (NT) -- johnnycbeegood, 19:52:04 03/22/18 Thu