VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I have a few simple questions for all of the Mr. USB candidates. Please, only Mr. USB contenders answer on this post.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:24:35 03/15/17 Wed

1) Who is your favorite pageant queen of all time?
2) What is your most vivid pageant memory?
3) Best gown ever worn on the pageant stage?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: 1. Angela Vissar. 2. Watching Miss USA 1982 with my Mom and her picking Terri Utley from the very beginning "because she smiles with her eyes." 3 Voni Delfos- Miss Australia in the 1993 Miss Universe contest. She was perfection.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:11 03/15/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Oh, sorry Iceman, I just re-read that. Im not running for Mr USB. Please ignore.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:56:46 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Its okay. I like your answers too! And all of the Mr. USB contestants seem to be answering over on facebook.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:22:28 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: Why don't the Mr.USB candidates answer these questions on this message board as well? I love these questions and I would like to read what all the contestants have to say. I thought the campaigning for Mr. USB was going to be both on this board and facebook. I hope I can see the answers to these three questions and all the other campaign material going on apparently only on the facebook forum.

Author:
Just want to know what they have to say!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:40 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: 1. A very unpopular opinion, but I love Riyo Mori to death. I know she's not the most beautiful, but damn, there's just something about her that I find absolutely compelling. From her iconic Gucci kimono gown to her fresh, nonchalant disposition, she continues to be my favorite queen of all time (with Pia and Alyssa right behind her). 2. Watching Alyssa Campanella walk out in that beautiful emerald gown at Miss USA 2011. She commanded that stage and the girl knows how to kick a train. I remember replaying her performance over and over. The styling, the poses, her walk...absolute pageant magic. My favorite evening gown presentation of all time. 3. Olivia Culpo's gown at Miss USA 2012. The color is incredible on Olivia's skin and the silhouette is simple, but very effective. No one could wear it as well as she did.

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:23 03/16/17 Thu

1. A very unpopular opinion, but I love Riyo Mori to death. I know she's not the most beautiful, but damn, there's just something about her that I find absolutely compelling. From her iconic Gucci kimono gown to her fresh, nonchalant disposition, she continues to be my favorite queen of all time (with Pia and Alyssa right behind her).

2. Watching Alyssa Campanella walk out in that beautiful emerald gown at Miss USA 2011. She commanded that stage and the girl knows how to kick a train. I remember replaying her performance over and over. The styling, the poses, her walk...absolute pageant magic. My favorite evening gown presentation of all time.

3. Olivia Culpo's gown at Miss USA 2012. The color is incredible on Olivia's skin and the silhouette is simple, but very effective. No one could wear it as well as she did.

[> [> Subject: Thank You, Harley, for answering these questions on this board! I hope we get to see the video about you here as well. I always enjoyed reading your posts here, then the board went down and you never came back. I appreciate former Mr.USB's, Iceman and TikiJava for still posting on this board all the time. It's always good to hear from them.

Author:
Good Luck!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:59 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Yes, definitely working on that video! I'm on vacation right now, so it's hard finding time to sit down and film, but it'll be up! Thanks so much for the support!😘😘

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:36:52 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: The video is amazing Tim.

Author:
Got my vote.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:36 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Where is it? I wanna see!

Author:
please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:09 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: It's on the Facebook page! I have no clue how to post videos here. Someone help me out haha!

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:51 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: PLEASE, could someone post Harley's VIDEO from facebook on this board?

Author:
please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:19 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I don't think they can be embedded or anything bc of the privacy settings but if they post them to Youtube they can then share here :)

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:13 03/20/17 Mon

[> Subject: 1. My favorite pageant queen of all time would have to be Chelsi Smith. Yes her being from Texas definitely helps but man, I could watch pageant videos of her all day long. Between how eloquently she spoke and how soft her voice was and then add her wow factor on stage....she was a knockout. 2. My most vivid pageant memory is being at Miss USA 2013 with my best friend Brittany Booker(who got me into pageantry) and we are walking through Vegas and we hear "Brittany, Brittany over here" and here comes Miss Universe Olivia Culpo running over to say hi to Brittany. I actually think I still have the picture they took together. I'll have to post it under here. 3. For me, the best gown ever worn on a pageant stage was Miss Brazil (I think 2012?) her Gionni Straccia gown was to die for. That thing was SO heavy but stunning on stage.

Author:
Vaughn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:44:55 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Vaughn, you had me at Chelsi Smith. Your description of why she's your favorite is exactly what I would've written.

Author:
Nicely done!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:41:09 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: Sorry I am late to this. Please click in for my wordy answers!

Author:
gaj (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:59:02 03/18/17 Sat

1. That is a difficult question, but I would honestly have to say Vanessa Williams. She was a trailblazer by becoming the first ever African American Miss America, she overcame one of the pageant world's biggest scandals at the time and has had an amazing career in the entertainment industry. I remember at the time People Magazine ran an article on some of the contestants her year and I just knew she was going to win. Plus I find her incredibly talented, beautiful and well spoken.

2. My most vivid pageant memory was turning on the 1980 Miss Universe Pageant... "Live From Seoul, South Korea.".. I had watched Miss Canada and Miss Teen Canada Pageants in the past and had been fascinated by them but nothing could prepare me for what I considered the most glamourous event I had ever seen, with women from country I had never heard of. I started my interest in Geography, and all things MUO. And to see my home country of Canada make the top 12 made it even more exciting. I will also always remember Shawn Weatherly because she was the first Miss Universe winner I ever saw crowned.

3. I definitely have to say Alyssa Campanella's green gown at Miss USA 2011. I just remember when she walked out on stage, she had this aura about her that was almost hypnotizing to me. I had to keep asking my friend who was sitting with me.... am I just being biased because she is my friend.... but I just think she won this. I had a really weird feeling come over me at that point knowing that there was a great shot she was going to win the whole thing... and the rest is history.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.