VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: There's allegations/whispers

Author:
Spectator
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:28:27 03/15/17 Wed

There's allegation/whispers that Miss Ohio tried to compete twice in Miss Florida and Miss Ohio last year. But that Florida found out and disqualified her so she was only able to compete at Ohio then she placed in the top 5. This year there's allegations that she really lives in Texas but used a family member's Ohio address to compete. Some said she didn't show up to Ohio orientation and went back to Texas the same weekend that she won. She's also made frequent trips to Florida and when you search her name you can see her address listed at a Florida residence.

So the controversy just brings up the issue of really living in the state that you compete in and we already know how people feel about it on this board. However I can understand how girls in Ohio would feel especially if they competed, worked hard and spent their own money to compete and got shafted by someone who lives in a different state.

Ohio got their pageant top 5 wrong this year anyways so I'm interested to see who competes in November because 2017 top 5 was pathetic and the winner deserved to win just based off of the other 4 in the top 5 since those 4 would never stand a chance at Miss USA.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: She goes to the same college as my daughter. That would be a hard trick to pull off if she lives in Texas.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:39 03/15/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: If you want people to believe you then put your name on the post

Author:
Obviously you care what people think of her so tell us who you are unless you are a family member
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:29 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I frankly don't care if people believe me or not, I've got no dog in it. My daughter actively competes, so I'm not willing to put my name on a Voy board until she's done competing.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:24:43 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: More to the point, we don't care for her nor are we thrilled that she is the state rep. She's about as fake as a 3 dollar bill

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:11 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Lol just like the original poster here? 🤔

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:22:20 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: What college would that be UNiversity of Texas or Florida or maybe Ky

Author:
Or on-line? Cause the poster is correct you google her name and you see a fl residence. She may get in top 15 if the pageant is in Oh otherwise she will be out cold.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:26 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: She goes to NKU with my daughter. My daughter has actually seen her on campus. Most kids in this area go to either UC or NKU. NKU is about 2 miles across the river from Cincinnati.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:17 03/15/17 Wed

[> Subject: Does anyone care anymore? Olivia Jordan won USA while living in California and nobody saw a problem.

Author:
Only Nia took the sh*t because she didn't have any relatives in Nevada. It's no longer "residency requirement", it's "being able to submit some papers" requirement.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:15:50 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: LAWWWWWD, y'all! It's plainly evident that MUO has pretty loose residency requirements, and that's THEIR CALL because they own and run the organization. These ladies aren't running for Congress; they're competing for a crown and sash and a chance to win Miss USA. As long as contestants meet the standards set by the people who run Miss USA, then WHO. CARES. It's not our call.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:30:40 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Agree. These continuous arguments over residency are so tired. If you have a valid claim, take it up with MUO. But if the girls fall within the residency requirements, and you are just cranky because you disagree with MUO on residency, its time for you to move on.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:31:41 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: MUO should seriously give up on the residency "requirement". After they allowed Nia and Olivia to keep their crowns, it's just ridiculous to "require" anything in this respect.

Author:
A simple declaration would be OK - "I want to represent Oklahoma at Miss USA, because I have family there" / "I want to represent Nevada, because I've been to Vegas once and I had a lot of fun". Would be fair, no?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:05 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I disagree. I think there needs to be actual state representation, however loosely that may be applied through residency requirements. However, I'm not totally opposed to "at large" contestants either. Similar to Miss 52 last year.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:36 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: MUO does not believe in rules. Too scared of being sued. FYI if you don't win.

Author:
take it to court. look at Florida
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:58 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah, but they can have state representation WITHOUT pretending that you have to reside in the state to represent it. Like Olivia Jordan - you reside in La La Land, but you choose to represent Oklahoma, because the state pageant is easier and you used to live there.

Author:
It's not an issue whatsoever to establish some paper trail, so they can just say it's OK to repesent you home state / favorite state / whatever state. Why pretend you have to reside there when they really don't care?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:48 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree. I don't understand the defensiveness over the loose residency requirements. It's not fooling anyone. You'd think directors would want easier standards as the number of statehoppers would likely be higher.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:54 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Well I know if I was competing I would rather a girl at least have some sort of ties to the state she is representing. (I think I remember Olivia Jordan was from Oklahoma and went to college there?). I dont like the idea, for example, of a girl being from Louisiana and competing in Oregon with absolutely zero affiliation there. So I would rather play the residency requirement game to at least have the perception of representation.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:27 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I'm with you on this. The state title comes with state appearances. Wouldn't you want someone who had some connection to the state? My daughter will jump ship and compete her final year as a teen in the state she will be going to college. She will spend more time there over the next four years than she will at home and she has other connections to that state. If not she'd still be competing for her home title.

Author:
Why have state titles if they aren't legit, why not have names?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:52 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: State appearances?? Olivia Jordan again. She was born in Oklahoma, but no, she didn't go to college there. She moved out of OK when she was 18 and won the state title when she was 25. Seven years later! She never bothered about any state appearances. Appearances are not obligatory, are they? If MUO thinks it's OK for OJo to represent Oklahoma, because she had graduated from high shool there seven years earlier - fine with me.

Author:
Just call it "connection to the state requirement". It's not residency requirement if you can reside in LA and be fine.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:08 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree. I think MUO is striking a balance between traditional state representation and creating opportunities for the best girls to advance to Miss USA. If you don't like it, then don't compete in their pageant system. Their pageant; they set the rules.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:28:20 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: Like her don't like her she's your state representative and obviously turned in her paperwork so get over it. There is like two people on here bashing her and millions watch and like the Miss USA so why do you think anyone cares about two peoples onion of a state representative?

Author:
Just another computer who stays in Miami but competes as a resident for another state! Boom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:23 03/16/17 Thu

Just like Olivia and Nia everyone loves them and didn't care where they stayed versus why they state their residence is!

[> Subject: Same thing happened in Minnesota this year. Tia McDonald used a family members address to compete but had residency in CA. Saw on FB that she posted that she's competing for Miss CA United States this month.

Author:
Anyone can compete anywhere I guess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:24 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: Who cares about her anyways? She will not do anything at Miss USA. I watched her a couple years ago and was shocked at her on stage answer she felt it

Author:
Was okay for late turn abortions there's your role model I didnt attend this year
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:09 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: This is probably the best response on this issue. She'll get in to appease the sponsors and home crowd and that will be that. I forget what she even looks like. If she's a good person, she'll realize her placement is a blessing. If she's an arrogant snot, then she'll have her ego to tend to. There are other state phonies that have a viable shot at the crown at this point.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:30:32 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: Alaska isn't from Alaska she just has family there from what I can tell on her social media. Girls do it a lot, but I guess they get around it from the rule that you have to go to school or live there for a a specific amount of time.

Author:
rgb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:04:19 04/21/17 Fri

Not a lot of people will do anything after the fact though.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.