VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss USA is supposedly on Mother's Day.

Author:
Can anyone else confirm this?
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:48:22 03/15/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Confirmed. May 14, 2017.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:57 03/15/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Mother's Day is one of those days where the prices of everything are artificially raised, for no other reason than it being Mother's Day. Flowers, hotels, flights, not to mention that almost all schools have graduations on Mother's Day weekend. Some girls' mommas may have to make the hard choice of seeing their girl compete at Miss USA versus seeing another child graduate. Hate that! Obviously MUO/IMG has overriding scheduling concerns I'm unaware of (at least I'd hope), but Mother's Day seems like a very unwise choice.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:25 03/15/17 Wed

Mother's Day is one of those days where the prices of everything are artificially raised, for no other reason than it being Mother's Day. Flowers, hotels, flights, not to mention that almost all schools have graduations on Mother's Day weekend. Some girls' mommas may have to make the hard choice of seeing their girl compete at Miss USA versus seeing another child graduate. Hate that! Obviously MUO/IMG has overriding scheduling concerns I'm unaware of (at least I'd hope), but Mother's Day seems like a very unwise choice.

[> [> Subject: It was held on Father's Day a couple of years ago and everything went just fine, as far as I know.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:58 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Father's Day just isn't Mother's Day... just sayin...

Author:
Mommys rule
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:40 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Exactly...as far as you know. Just like your comment on not ranking EDs, there are too many moving parts for you to judge, and the same goes here. Almost every college & university in the US of A has graduation that weekend. I'm willing to bet there will be several homes of title holders that'll have heated & very emotional yelling matches between a contestant & a sibling & parents as to what is more important: Miss USA or graduation. I hate that so much, because the conflict is so unnecessary. It will burn too many bridges, fo no good reason, and the graduating ones will have even more reason to hate pageants. And you'll never know about any of that stress a family will have because it doesn't ever affect you or your USB party. We all love Fathers Day, but you're already on summer break by then. Mothers Day is universally graduation weekend. This conflict was 100% avoidable, by nothing less than planning. #eyes.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:49:37 03/16/17 Thu

Exactly...as far as you know. Just like your comment on not ranking EDs, there are too many moving parts for you to judge, and the same goes here. Almost every college & university in the US of A has graduation that weekend. I'm willing to bet there will be several homes of title holders that'll have heated & very emotional yelling matches between a contestant & a sibling & parents as to what is more important: Miss USA or graduation. I hate that so much, because the conflict is so unnecessary. It will burn too many bridges, fo no good reason, and the graduating ones will have even more reason to hate pageants. And you'll never know about any of that stress a family will have because it doesn't ever affect you or your USB party. We all love Fathers Day, but you're already on summer break by then. Mothers Day is universally graduation weekend. This conflict was 100% avoidable, by nothing less than planning. #eyes.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I totally disagree. As a business person, I understand the opposite end of things. You will never satisfy everyone. If MUO is scheduling their events around possible college graduations of titleholder's siblings, there is a problem and someone needs to be fired.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:22 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree that Mother's Day weekend is a poor choice. You can't satisfy everyone but at least make it closer to the end of May to avoid as many conflicts as possible.

Author:
Bmyvalentine (not logged in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:22 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: She

Author:
H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:55 04/19/17 Wed

H

[> Subject: In Las Vegas???

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:45 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Multiple sources saying Ohio now. I've heard Cleveland from six different people today. But I've also heard Dayton a couple of times. Hopefully they give us the location today as well.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:25:01 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: It's confirmed Cleveland on may14

Author:
Yay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:35:26 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Wth? Cleveland? This has got to be a joke

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:26 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yes a joke on all the delegates who thought they would participating in a glamorous event. Live from the Rust Belt!!!!

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:51 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Miss USA represents all 50 states, plus D.C. Right? I think they will be just fine.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:13 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Lol tell that to the girls that competed in Gary.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:14 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yet somehow Ohio USA is always a beautiful production. If you don't like the venue, feel free to stay home. We don't like whiny assholes in Ohio.

Author:
BuckeyeProud
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:30 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You realize Ohio USA Production has nothing to do with Miss USA? Regardless of location, it will be the same boring 3 hour snorefest of stories

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:47 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly-- so what difference does it make? All the whining-- mostly from people who won't be going no matter where it is held.

Author:
BuckeyeProud
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:47 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Honestly, the host makes no difference. Miss universe does a horrible job applying the host to the pageant.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:49 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I would beg to differ - the pageant used to be WAY more glamorous (classy glamorous, not trashy Trump glamorous) when it was held all across the US in host cities. The only reason it kept going back to Vegas was because no one else wanted it. I think this is good that they are finally going out to Middle America again!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:20 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Cleveland has actually come up. I would consider going just because it's in Cleveland.

Author:
imo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:06 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: From someone who lives in Cleveland, i can't imagine Miss USA being held here. We don't really have a venue to hold it in. Not sure about this at all ?????

Author:
KMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:11:36 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: There are lots of venue options, The Q, Public Hall, the Wolstein Centre, Huntington Conference Centre (although thats booked)

Author:
Christi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:55 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Hey there, KMAN; I always wanted to thank you for the hook up for NAM Ohio. After Mr. USB was over, you vanished! Anyway, I had a blast being a judge for NAM & I can't wait for the opportunity to judge again this July. I had a blast & learned quite a bit. Side note: if Miss USA will actually be in Cleveland, I'm totally there! Perhaps I can thank you in person!!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:15 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: ...not to mention, I had the pleasure of meeting & talking with the goddess herself, Bishara Dorre!!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:44:57 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: You met the Lady Bishara? She is awesome!!! I had the pleasure of meeting her some years back..

Author:
STARSHINER!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:07:16 03/24/17 Fri

[> Subject: Well Miss Universe 1990 was held on Easter Sunday evening....so Mothers Day is no big deal.

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:38 03/15/17 Wed

[> Subject: Are they seriously having miss USA in Ohio why would this be an option

Author:
Even miss Ohio doesn't live in Ohio. I am not flying from Vegas to Ohio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:34 03/15/17 Wed

[> Subject: IMG is based in Cleveland. And the RNC was well-produced. Plus Cleveland has really blossomed into a great place to visit (the Browns, excepted). Give it a chance. I bet you'll fall in love with it too.

Author:
Cleveland Rocks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:04 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: The RNC was amazing. Cleveland are great hosts.

Author:
Good Luck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:03 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: IMG has 139 offices in the USA besides the Cleveland convention center is already booked for the month of May.

Author:
KMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:52 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Check out Henri's Facebook page. It's official. (PS - it'll likely be held at the Q)

Author:
Ohio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:56 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Quicken Loans Arena? There might be potential conflicts with Cavaliers playoff games.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:25 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Nope. Finals don't begin until the 16th. http://www.nba.com/key-dates

Author:
Ohio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:24 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: It won't be at the Q Center. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have a concert the night before on the 13th. They'll probably hold it in a smaller venue or at one of the College or University auditorium/stadiums

Author:
I'm excited!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:22:22 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: There are other events at the q already booked. Plus remember

Author:
They need several days for prelim and practice. I think it is a hoax kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:39 03/15/17 Wed

[> Subject: If I was a title holder who spent years to get on the USA stage , I would be so so disappointed with this location! I mean come on just keep it in Vegas !!!!! Seems like IMG is mailing it in !

Author:
I don't get it !
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:24 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Oh Whine Whine. For years it was held in places like Wichita, Shreveport, Mississippi, etc. If you try for Miss USA because of the city its in- then you're in it for the wrong reasons anyhow.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:59 03/15/17 Wed

[> Subject: You guys are some Negative Nancy's. Debbie Downers. Chill out, lets give them a chance. Everyone bitches when its in Vegas every year. Then everyone bitches when its somewhere else. I've never been to Cleveland, but I look forward to visiting in mid-May this year.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:15 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Cleveland sneaks up on you. I'm originally from there, but visit "home" as often as I can. There's some GREAT places to eat / drink! Here are a few of my favorites: Chocolate Bar, Lola, Edwin's, Dante, Red, and more! OH and there's TONS of fun places to visit, not just the Rock Hall, but also really great vibrant neighborhoods.

Author:
Cleveland Rocks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:41:56 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: The average viewer, of which there will be 100, will still be asking "WTF? Cleveland" before they get bored of the Cleveland, Chi, and Sherri Hill infomercials and Ashley Graham pushing her #bodydiversity schtick on the BIG screen and change the channel or go to bed early after celebrating Mother's Day.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:55 03/15/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: I invite you to find a new hobby, since everything pageantry seems to bore or offend you.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:24:29 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks for your invite, but I'm perfectly happy with my hobbies including the sad state of affairs of MUO these days.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:20:30 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: @lolling, you hit the nail on the head.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:02 03/16/17 Thu

@lolling, you hit the nail on the head.

[> [> [> Subject: Thanks for the tips. I will definitely take note. Looking forward to visiting the Buckeye state.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:25:04 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Cleveland is a good city to visit... though I do wish they'd consider Cincinnati-- its the prettiest city in Ohio.

Author:
BuckeyeProud
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:32:53 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I've always wanted to go to Lola's, Greenhouse Tavern & Parkview!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:22 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: LOL Obsessed pageant people who make a reunion trip to USA every year are NOT "everyone." Consider your sampling the next time you say "everyone." LOL. If you took a poll from any statistically signif group on the planet, Vegas vs Cleveland, you'd get Vegas every time. If put my life on it! Haha. And the contestants's parents, friends, siblings, & boyfriends, who are all ONE-TIME goers & who actually make up the overwhelming majority of people in the audience (unlike you and the pageant obsessed fans who apparently are "everyone") would also pick Vegas over Cleveland for a very expensive family trip (where they must also take the following Monday off of work). Not to mention, Vegas is still open on a Sunday night. I bet Cleveland will be a ghost town by the time the pageant is over, much like other lame locations USA has been. Anyone who complains of Vegas needs to be spanked and put in the corner.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:29:46 03/16/17 Thu

LOL Obsessed pageant people who make a reunion trip to USA every year are NOT "everyone." Consider your sampling the next time you say "everyone." LOL. If you took a poll from any statistically signif group on the planet, Vegas vs Cleveland, you'd get Vegas every time. If put my life on it! Haha. And the contestants's parents, friends, siblings, & boyfriends, who are all ONE-TIME goers & who actually make up the overwhelming majority of people in the audience (unlike you and the pageant obsessed fans who apparently are "everyone") would also pick Vegas over Cleveland for a very expensive family trip (where they must also take the following Monday off of work). Not to mention, Vegas is still open on a Sunday night. I bet Cleveland will be a ghost town by the time the pageant is over, much like other lame locations USA has been. Anyone who complains of Vegas needs to be spanked and put in the corner.

[> [> [> Subject: I agree with the assertions that it should be held in Vegas every year. But its not. So my point is lets just see what happens. Especially since the vast majority of those bitching have no intention of attending, even if it were held in Vegas.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:16 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: What specific evidence do you have of "the vast majority" you speak of? I'd love to see demographic breakdowns of the board and pageant attendance. That would be eye opening. Please share.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:45 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: My "evidence" is previous years attendance of board members. It is actually very low, as indicated by those posting in the past.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:14 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Anecdotal, then. Thanks.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:21:20 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Do you have evidence to support otherwise? Anything to indicate that an overwhelming majority of board members do actually attend Miss USA every year?

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:18 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: None, but to be clear I didn't say anything about board member attendance.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:51:57 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Anecdotal, then...

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:33 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Huh? Awesome comeback! Not... LOL. I've had my question answered so I am done with this thread. You'll need to find somewhere else to satisfy your daily need for an argument on this board.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:16 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Bye.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:14 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I'm the last one to side with ICEMAN on any issue, I never ever ever in the history of the world have agreed with him. But IMO he's right on this. Really, it's nothing that it's held in Cleveland. It was held in Gary, Indiana and Baltimore, Maryland, neither of which are tourist hot spots (though Baltimore should be) and the pageant survived and is thriving. Well maybe not thriving but it's still around. So there's my take on that, not that anyone cares.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:53 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks. And I'll also say after attending numerous Miss USA pageants, I sincerely believe the best production I've ever seen was 2014, the first year it was in Baton Rouge. It doesnt matter what city its in. Parents and friends will still pack the house, and lets face it, production will be exactly the same as if it were in Vegas.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:23:15 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah but Baton Rouge, like Gary, is a totaly shit hole. Cleveland is not any better btw.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:52 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Gary Indiana was so much fun for our family. Remember the delegates have schedule events to attend, the delegates will not be bored. Gary Indiana was not boring for our friends and family, we planned our trip wisely. We stayed in Merriville, IN a 10 minute drive from Gary an hour drive from Chicago, 90 minute drive from Milwaukee, WI. Our first night in Merriville we attended a 60's Motown show, we were at the same hotel as the traveling show. We had a ball. There were restaurants, movie theaters, mall, entertainment up and down the Merriville Indiana strip. We also had tickets to Oprah and Judge Mathis show both out of Chicago. We had friends in Milwaukee we had not seen in 20 years. We decided to attend one Miss USA rehearsal, and the dress rehearsal. We chose to make the most of our trip.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:43 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes! That 2014 Baton Rouge production was fantastic! And the city was so welcoming and excited about the pageants. One perk of a smaller city is they're actually excited about the pageant. Vegas, while tons of fun, didn't care about the pageant at all. Most people I talked to didn't even know it was happening lol.

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:59 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Short memories.

Author:
After the pageant, not a single place open in Baton Rouge to catch a bite. It was awful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:27 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You must not have been invited to any of the after parties.

Author:
11pm on a Sunday night. I wouldn't have expected anything to be open
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:32 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Except the pageant didn't end at 11PM on a Sunday night in Baton Rogue. Only a couple downtown restaurants stayed opened after prelims or during the whole week of the pageant. The night of the pageant there were VERY few places open. I enjoyed Baton Rogue, but even after the second year, they simply didn't "get" that people needed somewhere to go at night to eat.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:31:26 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Haha so true about the obsessed pageant fans. Most who complain about a Vegas pageant have clearly never been to 1) a Vegas pageant and 2) a non-Vegas pageant. I've been to both and Vegas is so much more convenient and glamorous on several levels. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend but peopl, even enlightened obsessed pageant fans, can be dense and/or stubborn.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:19 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I would kill to see Former and Iceman come face to face and spar like they do

Author:
It would probably culminate in wild making out
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:49 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: Is LeBron James going to be a judge so IMG decided to make his travel as convenient as possible?

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:31:03 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: LOL. LeBron James isn't judging, considering that the NBA playoffs will be in full swing in May. Besides, ABC, ESPN, TNT have the broadcasting rights to NBA games. If any pro athletes are going to be on the Miss USA judging panel, it will most likely be NFL players, as Fox has NFL broadcasting rights plus May is off season.

Author:
Basketball Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:35 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: Where is this information confirmed? There has been no information in a press release or on the website?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:42 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: As far as I know, only the date has been confirmed by MUO in an email to state directors. But that email did not contain the actual location of the pageant. That is still the big unknown variable.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:13:17 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: So this entire Cleveland announcement could be wrong??? Just wondering how such a rumor could get started like this? Crazy!!!. I mean seriously, if none of the pageant directors have been formally notified yet, how is this being suggested?

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:06 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: To an extent, I am happy the pageant is is MAY, NO MATTER WHERE IT TAKES PLACE. That makes me think that Miss Universe schedule will finally be ONE TIME and we could expect it at the very latest in December. I would love October/November for MU. Contrary to others, I do not care if it takes place in the summer, I prefer it in the fall. But uhmmm CLEVELAND, really? After Gary 2001/2002?! What's NEXT, Flint, Michigan 2018?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:06 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I love that it's in May as well! The date reminds me of a time decades ago when you had all 3 pageants around the same time of year. Perhaps IMG is going back to that format & will have all 3 pageants (Miss, Teen & Universe) all done by October. That may be difficult, as done Universe queens would have quite a short reign :/

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:40 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: I don't actually mind that they move it around. Although I would like to see it in a first-tier city (Boston anyone?) But it doesn't matter where it will be, it will have the same backdrop setup and 3 hour excruciating length. Please - make a change where it matters!

Author:
Will Cleveland still be cold that time of year?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:10 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: In May?? Its not the Arctic Circle.

Author:
Sheesh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:16 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Average high for the day 66 degrees. It is not swimsuit weather!!!

Author:
It's the frickin' Arctic Circle!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:30 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: That's prolly fine as IMG likely wants them spending more time talking about overcoming their sob stories v. showing off their swimsuit bodies.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:00 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Wouldn't be any warmer in the suggested city of Boston

Author:
People will find any reason to complain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:58 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: If the city government in Boston didn't want to host the Olympics & an IndyCar race, they're not going to jump at a chance to host Miss USA even if 4 of the last 19 Miss USAs had a connection to the city.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:39:36 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Boston is no more first tier than Cleveland. I live in Boston and bosit Cleveland often. Cleveland is a lot more diverse and welcoming. Boston shuts down around 1:30 even on weekends. Old Puritanical laws and a legacy of racism keeps Boston from being the world class city it really wants to be.

Author:
And we didn't want the Olympics because the "Aristocrats" decided with no input from the people
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:11 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: Has anyone considered that college aged contestants are in final exams? Also, it's not just the weekend for them. How many days prior do they usually arrive?

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:43 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I know of one contestant with final exams the week of May 4 thru 10th at her university. Talk about messing with some of these kids heads.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:34 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: It's true though. IMG doesn't care about the girls, the organizations or their families. PROOF: Forced to book travel at a much higher rate when the location is still unconfirmed nearly 45 days out. PROOF: Miss 52 contest. PROOF: Crowning the wrong girl at Miss Universe. PROOF: Leaving Florida girls without a director. Need I go on?

Author:
Waste of time and money
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:08 03/21/17 Tue

[> Subject: As someone who lives in Cleveland and can't afford to ever fly across the country to watch Miss USA, I am CRYING with joy at this rumor!! CLE would be a fantastic host city!!!

Author:
Crossing my fingers!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:51 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I'm happy because I live in Ohio. But then the reality is.. even if we go-- we won't be able to afford to stay in Cleveland that night. There won't be any hotels available at anything other than an astronomical rate.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:17:59 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Also budget approx $75-100 per person for tickets minimum.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:21:46 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Actually I found very decent rates on hotels.com. I dont know what your budget is, but if you have reasonable expectations you should not have a problem finding accommodations.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:52 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: That's because it hasn't been officially announced yet. Its also the same weekend as a big concert event... so don't expect that to last. I have family in Mansfield, so we'll likely just drive the hour back down there and stay the night.

Author:
Bleh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:05 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The big concert (Red Hot Chili Peppers) has been announced for months now. And there are still several fairly prices hotel rooms within walking distances. Sorry, but unless you wait until the last minute to book your hotel, I dont think this argument of no hotel rooms carries any weight.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:12 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: A concert affecting hotel prices? Now that's a knee slapper, especially the Red Hot Chili Pepers. Time of year, proximity to the city, airport, and convention center will drive hotel prices. Your best bet is to find something out of the traditional areas for your better buys.

Author:
Location location location
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:13 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: It's a conspiracy setup for Utah to win on Mother's Day, so Gretchen can run up on the stage when she is crowned...mother and daughter Miss USA's. And that's a conspiracy we can all live with and appreciate!

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:53 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Omg I totally see this happening 😂

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:19 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Thats actually something to consider.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:25 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Let's hope not, that would be awful if she would win,

Author:
But that is a legitimate thought
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:05 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Then Miss USA is a preplanned show instead of a legitimate pageant. No wonder viewership is dead if IMG was silly enough to do this. If anything, I'd say her chances are even harder considering this theory I was suggested.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:17 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Um duh lol

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:30 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I almost wish I hadn't thought of this, because Utah is a legit frontrunner. In fact, I consider her the most likely to win at this point, and it has nothing to do with her Mom being the Uber Goddess of all time. If she wins, I hope we don't really consider it a setup.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:58 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Utah is the ONLY titleholder that I actually WANT to win the pageant. She is legit drop-dead gorgeous, but still looks approachable. If she doesn't win, I will scratch my head, mothers day or not.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:42 03/25/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Lol if Baylee wins, which I agree in that her win is extremely conceivable, people will be shouting "fixed, planned, it's all a cheat fest!"...but never mind the fact that UTAH is on Every. Single. Top 15 list I've seen thus far, mainly every Top 5 list.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:51 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: I'm just happy that the pageant still on tv.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:50 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: This. All I personally still care about out of anything else.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:49 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: me 3

Author:
me 4 next!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:20 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Well said, anonymous! I'm easy to please & sometimes we just need to look at the big picture; it's still on TV. Let's savor these simple moments.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:05 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: Longest thread ever. REALLY

Author:
Linda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:05 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Are you new to this site? I dont find this remotely close to the longet thread we've ever had.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:30:20 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Not at all. The Olivia J /nia vs shandi/susie miss universe recap thread probably has been the longest this year.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:01:42 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Or the FL thread, too

Author:
Yanc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:20 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Longest thread I've ever seen... Sheena Monin vs. Donald Trump. If I am correct, the moderators had to delete the EXTREMELY long thread and start a new one.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:23 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Wow, lol!!! I'm newer to this but I can so imagine all the hooligans on here griping at each other about that topic!!

Author:
Hahhahaha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:17:25 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Too bad Allie Laforce isn't managed by IMG. Otherwise she would be an obvious choice for some kind of role in the telecast.

Author:
Fsugirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:52 03/18/17 Sat

[> Subject: Gary Indiana was so much fun for our family. Remember the delegates have schedule events to attend, the delegates will not be bored. Gary Indiana was not boring for our friends and family, we planned our trip wisely. We stayed in Merriville, IN a 10 minute drive from Gary an hour drive from Chicago, 90 minute drive from Milwaukee, WI. Our first night in Merriville we attended a 60's Motown show, we were at the same hotel as the traveling show. We had a ball. There were restaurants, movie theaters, mall, entertainment up and down the Merriville Indiana strip. We also had tickets to Oprah and Judge Mathis show both out of Chicago. We had friends in Milwaukee we had not seen in 20 years. We decided to attend one Miss USA rehearsal, and the dress rehearsal. We chose to make the most of our trip. Some of us attended school and used the Gary Indiana library to do homework during the day. The homework would have never got done if we stayed in our hotel suite.

Author:
Continue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:08 03/19/17 Sun

Gary Indiana was so much fun for our family. Remember the delegates have schedule events to attend, the delegates will not be bored. Gary Indiana was not boring for our friends and family, we planned our trip wisely. We stayed in Merriville, IN a 10 minute drive from Gary an hour drive from Chicago, 90 minute drive from Milwaukee, WI. Our first night in Merriville, we attended a 60's Motown show, we were at the same hotel as the traveling show. We had a ball. There were restaurants, movie theaters, mall, entertainment up and down the Merriville Indiana strip. We also had tickets to Oprah and Judge Mathis show both out of Chicago. We had friends in Milwaukee we had not seen in 20 years. We decided to attend one Miss USA rehearsal, and the dress rehearsal. We chose to make the most of our trip. Some of us attended school and used the Gary Indiana library to do homework during the day. The homework would have never got done if we stayed in our hotel suite. We used Gary Indiana local hair salons to get our hair done the day of finals. The locals were welcoming and just as excited as we were. Gary Indiana residents were welcoming, loving and helpful. We had so much fun and kept in touch with the owners of the salon.

Plan your stay and if graduation lands on the same day as finals. The family will come together and figure it out. Public High school proms are on Fridays, graduations are during weekdays. College graduations are Sundays/Mondays and thereafter moving out the dorms. Private High Schools (day/boarding) graduation is Sundays. Have the right attitude do not let obstacles become a stumbling block, let it be a stepping stone. It will workout, be positive and have faith. Have a plan, keep a good attitude, do not get discouraged it will workout with planning. Stay away from negative people.

[> Subject: Continued - We used Gary Indiana local hair salons to get our hair done the day of finals. The locals were welcoming and just as excited as we were. Gary Indiana residents were welcoming, loving and helpful. We had so much fun and kept in touch with the owners of the salon. Plan your stay and if graduation lands on the same day as finals. The family will come together and figure it out. Public High school proms are on Fridays, graduations are during weekdays. College graduations are Sundays/Mondays and thereafter moving out the dorms. Private High Schools (day/boarding) graduation is Sundays. Have the right attitude do not let obstacles become a stumbling block, let it be a stepping stone. It will workout, be positive and have faith. Have a plan, keep a good attitude, do not get discouraged it will workout with planning. Stay away from negative people

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:31 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: If you are a single parent with a daughter competing at nationals and another graduating or attending prom; Do not allow your emotions to dictate your decision making. Think of alternative ways to make this situation work, by speaking to the principal/headmaster and guidance counselor of high school, dean of students at the college. You never know what alternatives can be worked out. Involve reliable close friends and family that have your families best interest to help you. Start your discussions now. You notice I did not mention Mother's Day. When you have children and are face with dilemmas we put ourselves last.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:47 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Now this poster is a winner. This is someone that knows how to take matters in their own hands. Unfortunately most people these days just want to whine and expect every experience handed to them on a silver platter.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:36 03/19/17 Sun

[> Subject: CLEVELAND IT IS!

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:59 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: up

Author:
LOL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:21:26 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: I think the ONLY downside to it being Mothers Day is that it will be Deshauna's first Mother's Day without her mother, since she passed earlier this year. I know that will be a hard day - so maybe this will help her celebrate her mother's life, and not be a sad day for her.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:57 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: I wish they would trade states for Miss USA and have it In

Author:
Each winners state. Do this year would be in DC and when miss NY wins this year iit will be there next year kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:46 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I'd love to see it hosted in the winner's city. Anyone else wish they'd shorten it up a few days? How about a solid week of get in, compete, crown and go?

Author:
And could we get a LOCATION for this year already
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:38:13 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Yeah! It would be amazing. This is how it works in Eurovision in Europe, when a winning country hosts next year's competition. And there is always suspence what city/venue will be selected. Using your example, imagine if New York wins, there would be suspence if it is in Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, Dome Center in Rochester, Glazer Arena in Ithaca or Brooklyn Expo Center in Brookly... and at the end we woud find out it is hosted in a rinky dink Tropicana Theatre & Nightclub in Bronx... and then fans get MAD! ROFL

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:42 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Ok fine. But could we just get a location? Even if it's a rinky dink theater in the Bronx? Lol And what's with the fundraising contest surrounding Best Buddies where the winner goes to L.A. on May 13th?

Author:
So confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:58 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I wish they will do the Miss USA here in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Author:
Redneck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:00 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: It's a neat idea, but I wouldn't support it because I feel it could influence the final results. i mean, I'm sure next year's girls would be HAPPY Hawaii won..lol...but is anywhere in North Dakota or Wyoming really able to handle a Miss USA Pageant?

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:09:00 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I am pretty sure YES. Fargo is a big enough city with a number of auditoriums. And in Wyoming a STUD FARM could be converted into a venue! This happened when Ireland organized Eurovision in 1993 in a tiny city Millstreet (pop. 1500).

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:11 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: YESSSSS!!!!!!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:57 04/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: When will we find out a location

Author:
Tiptop
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:57 03/25/17 Sat

Is it really in Cleveland?

[> [> Subject: I wondering too

Author:
Where is it? Hello?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:31 03/25/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Shhh it's a secret. Lol It's only March and the pageant isn't until May. Pish...plenty of time.

Author:
Antici...pation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:38 03/25/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: That's no fair!

Author:
Fairless
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:03 03/26/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Any update on this?

Author:
Miss USA fast approaching
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:23 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Zilch... nada...nyet...nope, but lots of speculation.

Author:
Not in the loop
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:02 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Anyone have a clue of why no announcement?

Author:
Seems kinda weird if its in May
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:24 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: I think it is great. I can't wait to watch Miss USA on May. Tell me who you pick 15 women? Wink!

Author:
USAMS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:11 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Is it going to be aired with FOX?

Author:
Free Livestreams Are Getting Better
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:57 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: http://fox8.com/2017/03/27/miss-usa-2017-here-in-cleveland-could-be/

Author:
Lil_Queenie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:06 03/30/17 Thu

[> Subject: I want to laugh at this thread. Miss USA is basically a weekend trip. You're going to eat 6-9 meals and have 1-2 evenings, plus watch the pageant. Cleveland is not a farm. There will be SOMETHING to do in that time period. You don't have to move there. I spent a weekend in Cleveland once. They have a ton of mid-sized music venues and some decent hotels.

Author:
NJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:24 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Miss USA is already getting close. YAY!

Author:
CHOZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:47 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: still no announcement?

Author:
So waiting...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:59 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: any update on this?

Author:
PLEASe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:58 04/05/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Is there gonna be a live stream on this board?

Author:
Antsy already
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:01:45 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I wish they would go ahead and sell tickets

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:15:52 04/21/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.