VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Snapchat Take Over Reviews

Author:
CalFan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:09:39 03/16/17 Thu

Alabama: those Q&A's killed me omg too long 😭 I wanted to see more of her daily stuff but enjoyed the small convos she had with her family. I liked the Q&A's but there were waaaay too many about places she's been to in Alabama or what her favorite city was there.

Alaska: love how she introduced us to her heritage and Native American stuff, also she is really telegenic. I did not like hearing all the interviews with the other people - wanted to hear her talk more about herself

Arizona: I really like her BUT this snapchat take over seemed really rehearsed and pre planned which kind of took away the spark I see in her. She's still gorgeous, I just hope she doesn't show up over rehearsed.

The best snapchat take over for me from last year was Elena Miss PA USA 2016 She was genuine, showed us around and we learned a lot about her! There was a a balance between those things!

I really hope the rest of the girls don't just take us to random stadiums and stuff because I want to know what they do in their regular days!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I think the three snapchat takeovers so far have been nice. In hindsight I think all of the contestants could look back and think of ways they could have made their day on snapchat better. But so far we are off to a great start. We've seen three totally different personalities, very strong in various ways. Alabama seemed super sweet. Alaska was beautiful and professional, carried herself well. And Arizona seems very sporty and outgoing. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the 51.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:09 03/16/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I agree about too many Q&As with Alabama. I can understand wanting to get to everyone, but maybe some can be replied to directly and not on camera/in the main post. She seemed very sweet though. So far, Alaska's has been my favorite. I've liked the little bit I've seen of Arkansas so far. Waiting to see how the rest of her day plays out. And Arizona looked gorgeous throughout her day and her workout routine is impressive!

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:35 03/16/17 Thu

[> Subject: I agree about last year'so Snapchat takeover. My fave was PA!

Author:
That's why hers was featured in full in their Facebook page
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:17:09 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: THIS BOARD IS PATHETIC

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:58 04/19/17 Wed

S

[> Subject: ARKANSAS did great yesterday. Definitely moved up my list. She appeared very natural in front of the camera, was not over the top, and appears to be quite approachable. Watch out for this girl.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:27 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Where can we see them? I went to the MU website, youtube, facebook and cannot see them... is it only available through the snapchat app?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:33 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: For right now, I think it's only available through snapchat. I think the Miss USA posts it on their youtube channel.

Author:
MadeYaLook
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:00 03/17/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Sat March 18, 2017 11:10:06   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: Was not expecting to like her, but she seemed very genuine to me.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:09 03/18/17 Sat

[> Subject: CALIFORNIA coming in very strong as well. Its only getting tougher. We have a great group of contestants this year.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:31:41 03/17/17 Fri

[> Subject: Arkansa was nice! She's super bubbly love it! HOLY CRAP CALIFORNIA! Tbh I wasn't excited by her win BUT SHE PROVED ME WRONG AF! Love her! Her takeover was simple not over the top! One thing I didn't like too much was that everything she spoke about, I already knew through a bio I read about her :/ But she's firmly in my top 10!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:03 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Keep the comments coming. For now, I am not downloading the app, but I enjoy reading reviews of these who saw the clips!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:14 03/21/17 Tue

[> Subject: So far today, I have thoroughly enjoyed following DELAWARE on her snapchat takeover. She seems so genuine and approachable.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:49 03/20/17 Mon

[> Subject: DC has been very impressive. She is a scientist, and works in a DC lab. While she seems very smart, I'm not really reading all that approachable. Nice, absolutely. But something is missing. Regardless, I think she is stunning to look at, speaks very well, and will surely be quite competitive at Miss USA.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:55 03/21/17 Tue

[> Subject: Colorado: I was sad she wasn't in her home state but she managed to make it into a great day in California. She's actually very gorgeous and has a nice voice and persona. Connecticut: I don't know how I felt about her :/ I wish she posted more. It kind of ended abruptly after the parade but I'm sure she had more time to do q&a's. I guess I just had high hopes because she is a former teen Delaware: So Miss Teen USA 2014 was the first teen pageant I watched because I had a friend competing so it was nice to see her again. Loved that she was showing us the stuff she was making for her class. Seems like a fun girl but the take over didn't leave me in awe. I just felt like whatever she was showing, was something a majority of the girls at my school can do.

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:53 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: D.C.: I AM OBSESSED WITH HER TOO! I love that she's so into STEM! As a male in a STEM environment I know how difficult it is for women to succeed and she is goals. I actually am going to be showing her takeover to my younger sister because she's actually super inspiring. She's beautiful, her voice is so soothing, I would not mind a back to back for D.C. I honestly did not have her on my radar but this woman is perfect. A scientist, beauty queen, plays sports with younger girls, all about women empowerment = she would make a wonderful Miss USA. Welcome to my top 10!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:39:02 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: I thought Alabama was cute. She answered a lot of questions but she was approachable. Arkansas was also good. Alaska was a snoozefest. Cali & Colorado were ok. Arizona was pretty rehearsed and fake. DC was okay; she is pretty but just wasn't overly excited.

Author:
USA fan :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:13 03/22/17 Wed

Still waiting for someone to excite me more

[> Subject: I didnt go into today (Florida snapchat day) expecting to like Florida... But I have to admit, she is doing very well, and has won me over. I'm not talking about pageant potential, rather likeability and a fun demeanor. Makes me kind of wonder what Genesis would have been like.... But Linette seems lovely.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:57 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: She needs to sharpen the way she speaks, her Spanish accent is very strong

Author:
FGCG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:09:51 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I wouldn't call it a Spanish accent. She has more of a Miami accent. I'd say most of the people who grew up in Miami (the mainland- not Miami Beach) have the Miami accent. It's unique to this region. Even some non-Latin Miamians I've met have it.

Author:
Miami Guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:54:08 03/23/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah, I'm from Miami too so I know. It just doesn't look good when you compete at the national level. It's the same as a girl from Alabama showing up with way too thick of an accent. I think she can easily mask it and it might help her since she's so smart and to me, she's very pretty!

Author:
FGCG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:44 03/23/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I love regional accents! I think they're charming. I don't think Linette's is thick enough to be off-putting. Not in my opinion at least.

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:20 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: So far my favorite has been DC. I didn't get to see much of Cali, I don't know if it was just me, but her whole story was showing up deleted as soon as CO took over. I am also liking Florida's personality and can see why she has the title, but I'm not sure how she'll do at nationals. Also, kind of funny how many of the girls are copying Alaska's interview format! Kind of dull if you ask me, but I guess it's a new approach from last year.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:59:06 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: Florida seems really nice! But imo her take over didn't flow easily. She has this bubbly personality and a strong educational background which might be an advantage come Miss USA tbh. She's probs going to be in my top 15

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:40:11 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: GEORGIA! GEORGIA! GEORGIA! Wow, she is absolutely beautiful. And a point of reference, her friend hanging out with her today needs to compete next year! Gorgeous

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:32 03/23/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Yes to the friend comment!!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:36 03/23/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: yall do know she competed in MS right? But yeah georgia is gorgeous!

Author:
south star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:40:31 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: Okay I am obsessed with Georgia. What a stunner, and also so genuine! This is what I love to see in a title holder.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:48 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: OBSESSED with GEORGIA! Omg I want to be her friend but st the same time super jealous of how gorg she is!

Author:
Hopefully next Miss USA - Real personality & real beauty!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:18:13 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: I want to date Georgia! She's so beautiful and has a positive outlook on life! I kid you not I rewatched her snapchat lol! The questions she answered were perfect and she looked like she had such a great time showing us her life. I wasn't in the Georgia hype train but I sure am now! I have to kick someone out of my top 5 because she needs to be there. Also her body is fireeeeeee like daaamn. I loved how she was like I want to go to Colombia to see what those girls are eating ahahahah, I really wouldn't mind a Georgia reign!!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:10:09 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Totally not on the Georgia hype train. Colorado has had best so far.

Author:
Appreciate being real
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:58:32 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I'm not on the GA hype train either. She wore makeup for her entire takeover which I didn't like. Must not be a natural beauty like IMG is looking for. She didn't show her workout routine which I'm not surprised. Her face is still as swollen looking as it was when she won GA. She can definitely gain something by hitting the gym. I did like the answers to her questions and the genuinity of her Snapchat takeover but that wasn't enough to win me over.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:25 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: ^^agreed

Author:
^
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:58 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Oh oh is someone scared of Georgia lol! From my perspective I found her to be very authentic and real. "She wore makeup the whole time" wtfff AHAHAHAHHA she's in a pageant. Img is looking for someone like a social media star and all of these ig models wear a ton of makeup, so who cares if she wore make up the entire time. Tbh I'm over everyone working out, it's a given that most of them are working out. Also her body is so freaking hot, I'm not speaking for all men here, but daaaaaamn

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:28 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Well they told the girls at our state pageant that img was looking for natural. So I get where they are coming from. But anyways Georgia's got the goods!

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:38 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I wasn't a fan that she wore make-up the whole time either, but I'm so over all the girls showing their workout routines. I liked all her answers to her questions and I pray she finds her little dog (that was sad). If you think this girl is not going to make the cut....think again!

Author:
PGMomma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:41 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I know the dog thing was sad. I would have cried telling that story lol. but I wasn't even paying attention to the makeup thing. or the work out thing. I almost don't know if i really care for the snap chat because it makes me feel like the girls are trying to hard in a sense to be likeable and relatable and all that etc. and its kind of wearing. I agree though PG Georgia will be up there for sure. I think Hawaii is so cute!! I

Author:
south star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:34 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Interesting how opinions differ so greatly.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:16 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: How long did it take you to come up with that?

Author:
LOL!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:52 03/24/17 Fri

[> Subject: Obsessed with Georgia too!!!! She brings the personality that Olivia Culpo and Rima Fakih brought. And holy crap soooo gorgeous. I love her. My new winner and I don't see that changing.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:35 03/24/17 Fri

[> Subject: I thought she came off immature and unprofessional most of the time. Could never see her being Miss USA.

Author:
Sorry not sorry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:37 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: By any rational standard, Georgia was warm, conversational, funny and beautiful. Others are strong too, so we'll see what happens in competition, but as said above, Georgia clearly has the goods and delivered.

Author:
kisses
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:51 03/25/17 Sat

[> Subject: So far I've liked Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia & Hawaii

Author:
Tiptop
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:21:18 03/25/17 Sat

Snapchat Takeover Faves

[> Subject: I'm really liking Kansas

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:02 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I LOVE KANSAS!! if she keeps up with this awesome personality, she will kill it in interview!!

Author:
FCGC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:49 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: She has one of the best personalities so far!

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:16 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Hawaii - she's cute, actually really pretty buttttt I really see her as a teen. Like if she was competing for teen USA, she's my winner - comparing her to emma and chelsea she doesn't seem that mature (don't know if that's the right word) I love that she's super bubbly! Love her story tho Idaho - pretty girl, tbh I didn't really care for her take over too much and now I forgot what she even did (whoops - I lost my original draft) Illinois - I want to like her but she comes off very unnatural to put it in a nice way. Congrats to her in the engagement tho, she has potential and seems like she gets along with kids very well

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:16:38 03/30/17 Thu

[> Subject: Indiana - same as idaho- I know she's like an interior designer that's about it Iowa- she's more photogenic than telegenic imo, nice personality and loved that part where her family was eating pasta and she wasn't Kansas - I do not give two damns about your college football players 🙄 like she handed them the snapchat takeover and they were showing us their locker room?? She knows how to hold a conversation but I was turned off from her snapchats, but the saving grace was the interviews with her brothers - I like hearing stories like that NOTTTT of the lives of football players. Didn't like anyone's snap takeover from this group I really hope the rest of the girls aren't showing random ppl on their snaps because I think most ppl watching these snaps want to get to know the girls more. Also MUO can you let iris and deshauna snapchat more??!!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:45 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I agree that they shouldn't let others take over the chat too much, but I did find the locker room and players interesting because she is their recruiter. One contestant pushed a cause but allowed the director way too much time to push her agenda and explain the organizations goals. The contestant should have used this time to explain it herself so we could see how articulate she is. I'm enjoying the ladies snap chats very much. We can see why they are all winners. They're all smart and beautiful.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:03 03/30/17 Thu

[> Subject: I would like to see more talking from the girls instead of them interviewing others.

Author:
Pageant Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:25 04/04/17 Tue

I want to hear them speak

[> [> Subject: That's probably better for some of the girls. Less we hear from them the better. Anyway, I stand by my deleted post that this whole Snapchat thing is a waste of time. Does anyone even remember Deshauna or Hawaii's or Georgia's or Alabama's or California's snapchat from last year? And who exactly won the Snapchat honors last year? Again Fluff that will distract the ladies for the real competition. Oh well, at least it's free publicity from MUO because heaven forbid they actually spend time and resources on promoting their own pageant.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:23 04/07/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Well this is the first year I've followed the snapchat takeover, and I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I fell like I have a solid grasp on the personality of each contestant. Basic, but an understanding nonetheless. It certainly has no bearing on the outcome of Miss USA, but I consider it a glimpse into what interview might be like with each contestant. I definitely dont consider it a "waste of time" though, as someone who is actually interested in the MUO system of pageantry.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:14 04/07/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Who did win Snapchat honors last year? I don't recall that being a contest?

Author:
DId I miss something?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:37 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly no one remembers them at all. They tell you very little and will largely not reflect the competition wherever it is being held in like a month. People fawning over so and so girl over a snap that will be lost in a day is just like people fawning over arrivals shots that don't factor in actual performance (and MUO politics). These are just for fun but seriously I'm not going out of my way to open a Snapchat account and check in just to see all 51 of them.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:05 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I remember them! DeShauna took us to her work and snuck out to give us a tour of the National mall haha, then she went up to NY by train to meet up with her Miss USA roommate, Kansas. I liked her before the snap day, but liked her even more after. I can actually remember probably almost everyone's snap days.. And I definitely wouldn't say it doesn't matter. MUO isn't going to crown a girl who can't be captivating on social media...though luckily most are.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:59 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: Georgia and Arkansas were great!!!

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:26 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Agree. Both are in my Top 5 snapchats so far.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:07 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: Lauren York (NEVADA) is doing great today! And she is stunningly beautiful. In addition to NEVADA, my favorites have been ARKANSAS, CALIFORNIA, DELAWARE, DC, GEORGIA, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, and MISSISSIPPI. At the very least, I'm fairly confident in saying this is turning out to be one of the most competitive years in recent memory. We still have several top contenders to go as well!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:47 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: To be fair, I also liked (to a slightly lesser extent than the group forementioned) ALASKA, ARIZONA, COLORADO, HAWAII, ILLINOIS, KANSAS, LOUISIANA, and MINNESOTA as well. But I have to make cuts somewhere!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:56 04/10/17 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon April 10, 2017 20:19:44   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: YES!! I was totally expecting her to be fake and vapid (judgemental of me, i know), but shes coming off as very real. I love that she's showing us a lot of her volunteer/platform work instead of talking about herself all day long. Not to mention she's stunning!!

Author:
Shot to my TOP 5
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:41 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: I think Nevada has really pretty eyes and eyebrows. I would change her teeth a bit if there's still time.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:30:10 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes

Author:
Yes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:56:33 04/19/17 Wed

H

[> [> Subject: Ugh

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:11:01 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: Very much liking New Mexico & New Hampshire this week

Author:
Young at Heart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:30 04/13/17 Thu

Latest Snapchat Reviews

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.