VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Exactly...as far as you know. Just like your comment on not ranking EDs, there are too many moving parts for you to judge, and the same goes here. Almost every college & university in the US of A has graduation that weekend. I'm willing to bet there will be several homes of title holders that'll have heated & very emotional yelling matches between a contestant & a sibling & parents as to what is more important: Miss USA or graduation. I hate that so much, because the conflict is so unnecessary. It will burn too many bridges, fo no good reason, and the graduating ones will have even more reason to hate pageants. And you'll never know about any of that stress a family will have because it doesn't ever affect you or your USB party. We all love Fathers Day, but you're already on summer break by then. Mothers Day is universally graduation weekend. This conflict was 100% avoidable, by nothing less than planning. #eyes.

Author:
Former
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:49:37 03/16/17 Thu
In reply to: ICEMAN 's message, "It was held on Father's Day a couple of years ago and everything went just fine, as far as I know." on 16:06:58 03/15/17 Wed

Exactly...as far as you know. Just like your comment on not ranking EDs, there are too many moving parts for you to judge, and the same goes here. Almost every college & university in the US of A has graduation that weekend. I'm willing to bet there will be several homes of title holders that'll have heated & very emotional yelling matches between a contestant & a sibling & parents as to what is more important: Miss USA or graduation. I hate that so much, because the conflict is so unnecessary. It will burn too many bridges, fo no good reason, and the graduating ones will have even more reason to hate pageants. And you'll never know about any of that stress a family will have because it doesn't ever affect you or your USB party. We all love Fathers Day, but you're already on summer break by then. Mothers Day is universally graduation weekend. This conflict was 100% avoidable, by nothing less than planning. #eyes.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: I totally disagree. As a business person, I understand the opposite end of things. You will never satisfy everyone. If MUO is scheduling their events around possible college graduations of titleholder's siblings, there is a problem and someone needs to be fired.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:22 03/16/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree that Mother's Day weekend is a poor choice. You can't satisfy everyone but at least make it closer to the end of May to avoid as many conflicts as possible.

Author:
Bmyvalentine (not logged in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:22 03/19/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.