VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Thanks. And I'll also say after attending numerous Miss USA pageants, I sincerely believe the best production I've ever seen was 2014, the first year it was in Baton Rouge. It doesnt matter what city its in. Parents and friends will still pack the house, and lets face it, production will be exactly the same as if it were in Vegas.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:23:15 03/16/17 Thu
In reply to: ..,. 's message, "I'm the last one to side with ICEMAN on any issue, I never ever ever in the history of the world have agreed with him. But IMO he's right on this. Really, it's nothing that it's held in Cleveland. It was held in Gary, Indiana and Baltimore, Maryland, neither of which are tourist hot spots (though Baltimore should be) and the pageant survived and is thriving. Well maybe not thriving but it's still around. So there's my take on that, not that anyone cares." on 16:18:53 03/16/17 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah but Baton Rouge, like Gary, is a totaly shit hole. Cleveland is not any better btw.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:52 03/16/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Gary Indiana was so much fun for our family. Remember the delegates have schedule events to attend, the delegates will not be bored. Gary Indiana was not boring for our friends and family, we planned our trip wisely. We stayed in Merriville, IN a 10 minute drive from Gary an hour drive from Chicago, 90 minute drive from Milwaukee, WI. Our first night in Merriville we attended a 60's Motown show, we were at the same hotel as the traveling show. We had a ball. There were restaurants, movie theaters, mall, entertainment up and down the Merriville Indiana strip. We also had tickets to Oprah and Judge Mathis show both out of Chicago. We had friends in Milwaukee we had not seen in 20 years. We decided to attend one Miss USA rehearsal, and the dress rehearsal. We chose to make the most of our trip.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:43 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes! That 2014 Baton Rouge production was fantastic! And the city was so welcoming and excited about the pageants. One perk of a smaller city is they're actually excited about the pageant. Vegas, while tons of fun, didn't care about the pageant at all. Most people I talked to didn't even know it was happening lol.

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:59 03/16/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Short memories.

Author:
After the pageant, not a single place open in Baton Rouge to catch a bite. It was awful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:27 03/17/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: You must not have been invited to any of the after parties.

Author:
11pm on a Sunday night. I wouldn't have expected anything to be open
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:32 03/18/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Except the pageant didn't end at 11PM on a Sunday night in Baton Rogue. Only a couple downtown restaurants stayed opened after prelims or during the whole week of the pageant. The night of the pageant there were VERY few places open. I enjoyed Baton Rogue, but even after the second year, they simply didn't "get" that people needed somewhere to go at night to eat.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:31:26 03/22/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.