VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Sorry I am late to this. Please click in for my wordy answers!

Author:
gaj (nsi)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:59:02 03/18/17 Sat
In reply to: ICEMAN 's message, "I have a few simple questions for all of the Mr. USB candidates. Please, only Mr. USB contenders answer on this post." on 11:24:35 03/15/17 Wed

1. That is a difficult question, but I would honestly have to say Vanessa Williams. She was a trailblazer by becoming the first ever African American Miss America, she overcame one of the pageant world's biggest scandals at the time and has had an amazing career in the entertainment industry. I remember at the time People Magazine ran an article on some of the contestants her year and I just knew she was going to win. Plus I find her incredibly talented, beautiful and well spoken.

2. My most vivid pageant memory was turning on the 1980 Miss Universe Pageant... "Live From Seoul, South Korea.".. I had watched Miss Canada and Miss Teen Canada Pageants in the past and had been fascinated by them but nothing could prepare me for what I considered the most glamourous event I had ever seen, with women from country I had never heard of. I started my interest in Geography, and all things MUO. And to see my home country of Canada make the top 12 made it even more exciting. I will also always remember Shawn Weatherly because she was the first Miss Universe winner I ever saw crowned.

3. I definitely have to say Alyssa Campanella's green gown at Miss USA 2011. I just remember when she walked out on stage, she had this aura about her that was almost hypnotizing to me. I had to keep asking my friend who was sitting with me.... am I just being biased because she is my friend.... but I just think she won this. I had a really weird feeling come over me at that point knowing that there was a great shot she was going to win the whole thing... and the rest is history.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.