VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Impressive Sylvie got this much attention around Iris' homecoming. MUO sure as hell didn't make this happen. It's clear Sylvie has been lobbying for a French titleholder for a while. Her interviews suggest as much. Now that MUO doesn't have to cater to Telemundo's biases I think we'll see more diverse winners (although still very much political and business-driven). For exampl, expect Mexico to continue placing due to the Azteca connection.

Author:
lolling
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:38:35 03/19/17 Sun
In reply to: greyfelino 's message, "Parade for MU Iris Mittenaere. Lille, France. March 19, 2017
image image image
"
on 11:07:56 03/19/17 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I was worried about Iris homecoming because after her win it seemed the country was less than interested. All this goes to Sylvie and her team, congratulations!

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:29 03/19/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I do agree the influence of telemundo/nbc will improve the winners. But, i never discount the latina ladies they are stunning but they will need to change their game. Venezuela has a story, she needs to play the image of being black, she is perfection. The latinas need a story. On the other side, I am done with Phillipines. They got their win and multiple placements. Their only story is working since the age of 3 and buying a house at 7.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:05 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Lmaoooooo OMG, Vegas, you're hilarious! "working since the age of 3 and buying the house at 7." DEAD. Completely agree with you. It's all about the story now. That's the greatest tool to get that crown. While Iris didn't have a tragic sob story (than God, luckily!), she presented herself like a life-loving and engaging young dentist surgeon who's also a chef (or likes to cook and makes the best [insert French dish she offered to make for Steve Harvey]) besides the fact that she's gorgeous, fresh, and graceful. Final question also wins the crown, unlike before. Paulina Vega wouldn't have won under IMG, for instance. Too dry. Iris was very moving and engaging in all of her answers, even the way she said, "tonight, I might not win, but I am a finalist, and that's winning to me."

Author:
VZ has some adjusting to do. Until then, even the stunner they have now may not place if she falls flat during interview.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:05 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Agree 100 percent on Iris. It will be interesting to see how VZ prepares this year, especially after missing the cut. She needs to tone down the make up and work on interview. It was clear the non English speaking girls were at a major disadvantage. As for Phillipines, they have had their time to shine as has Colombia.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:05 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: LOL at Venezuela being "black". She's the worst kind of black for pageantry in that's she's basically as white as they get. No way will MUO keep Venezuela out two years in a row. They just wanted to send Osmel and the other directors a message with Mariam's purposeful exclusion because that girl did everything right except for being born rich and white. Agreed about the Philippines and their stupid I've had to work since I was a fetus story. WTF are their parents doing? Not to mention their Asian neighbors are coming up with poor copycat stories of the same.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:03 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Miriam exclusion remains questionable at best. While not the prettiest there is still no way a cow should have made top 9 but VZ failed to even make top 13. The issue with the asian neighbors is that Thailand will always get in on the fan vote and for some reason, MU likes Indonesia.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:43 03/19/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think MUO is just "repaying" Indonesia. Puteri has always invited MUs to grace their show. And the past MUs always make that commercial for a drink or something. Thailand is hungry to get a crown again. Saw pics of the homecoming of their delegate this year and she was welcomed by throngs of people in their airport. So expect them to get fan votes in the next couple of years. Although I wouldn't doubt that Indonesia and Philippines will give Thailand a good fight for the fan vote. Haha. As for Philippines, I pity the girl who will break their streak. She will be bashed to death. But, honestly I don't see them unplacing in the very near future especially if MUO is courting them to host again.

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:15 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ironically, I do not see Thailand winning anytime soon. They have had some great girls the last 10 years but something does not click on finals night. I do see Indonesia winning in the next 5 years

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:12 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: In what way Miriam's exclusion was questionable? She clearly does not have the facial beauty or personality that MUO liked. Her styling and gown may appeal to some fans that like pageant patties and theatrics, but I would rather compare her to the city of Havana in 2017, beautiful in a certain, old-school way but nowhere near what is needed to make top 13 or top 15 on any most beautiful cities list. ;)

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:31 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Great comparison of Marian to Havana lol. My issue is this, there is no way Canada should have made top 9 and VZ failed to make top 13. Canada's inclusion has to be the most questionable placement ever. 1999 has many questionable placements but we know that Ghana, India, and Jamaica all made it in with strong interview scores and while not the greatest, all were a welcome surprise. Canada on the other hand had no business in the top 13 let along making top 9 after SS. I still have nightmares

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:43 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I love surprises in the semis, so I welcome Kenya's inclusion. Canada and USA, not so much. Although I have to say, USA was not really that much of a surprise since we know she is a monster in interviews. I am also actually fine with Canada in Top 13, but Brazil would have been a better candidate to advance than her.

Author:
justsayin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:24 03/21/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I get your dislike of Siera Bearchell, I really do. But honestly, check the 1999 again, Gul Panag was really overweight/obese on that stage. Floozie even once said humorously that it seemed like she was LACTATING during her participation. Ghana and Jamaica are fine, given the fact that pageant was held in T&T, they are not extraordinary beauties but given the trend that year, they are not too objectionable. Coming back to this year, even if we exclude Canada, there are still plently of girls that should have been there instead of Miriam, I can think of Ukraine, Malaysia, Argentina, Kosovo as MU types that were ahead of Miriam overall.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:11 03/21/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Agree, Sylvie Tellier has done a phenomenon job with Iris' homecoming! Sylvie has also expressed serious interest in France hosting MU pageant. Let's hope she gets her wish!

Author:
Great job!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:57 03/19/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.