VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Las Vegas or Cleveland?

Author:
Pom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:52:33 03/20/17 Mon

Where will nationals be? Vegas or Cleveland?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I've heard from a contestant that D.C. is a possibility. They are supposedly choosing between two locations right now.

Author:
Lolly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:21:04 03/20/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: DC in May is a long shot given that it is a prime time to visit the city. Humidity is still low and you won't have the throngs of schoolchildren out for various tours of the nation's capital. Don't get me wrong, I like kids, but they seem to be overflowing there in the summer. Seems like child endangerment to subject them to DC sumemr weather but school is out. Oh and people whining about expensive hotel rooms will certainly not be thrilled about the very expensive and very competitive hotel market in DC (unless you are out in the burbs which can be a hassle to get to and from).

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:21 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: The burbs of DC really aren't that difficult. They've got a good rail system in DC.

Author:
Marzipan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:40:16 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: I live in the D.C. area and if this ends up being the location I sure as hell would not recommend staying in DC. Though hotels will be expensive until you get out of the metro area. The Metro rail service is meh and being worked on, but seriously I'd Uber anywhere and not worry about parking.

Author:
Local crown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:31:51 03/20/17 Mon

[> Subject: I dont care if its in Barrow, Alaska... Just announce the location already! I admit, it is fairly perplexing that MUO announced a date, but not the host city/ venue.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:21 03/20/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Several state winners have already announced on social media it's in Cleveland, OH, on May 14. That is very telling,

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:53 03/20/17 Mon

[> Subject: Don't know why I forgot about it until yesterday but I have a guess why Cleveland over DC & the answer is Steve Harvey. Growing up, he & his family moved to Cleveland & he graduated high school there so he &/or his people at IMG put it into MUO's ear to bring Miss USA to Cleveland.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:19:10 03/21/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.