VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Universe cares so little about Florida that a month after firing their directors going into their 40th year and the leaders in Television and Social Media Pageant Reporting that they haven't event announced a new director. Thus leaving the 50 local titleholders in the dark. They are also less then 60 days out of Miss USA and no dates yet for our reigning titleholder. Buyer beware......

Author:
wth does this mean?
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:58:19 03/21/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I'm not understanding what this has to do with 50 titleholders. Anyone?

Author:
wth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:27 03/21/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: They have 50 local titleholders (I assume Miss & Teen) left in limbo.

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:54 03/21/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Grant is on the hook for collecting entry fees and not having a license to operate. Remember the mess in CA when K2 was not renewed?

Author:
Lady June
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:52 03/23/17 Thu

[> Subject: they would have to announce who the new Director is before they announce the date. The director sets the date not MUO

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:22 03/21/17 Tue

I do not know what it has to do with the other titleholders either

[> Subject: I would guess the new Director has been selected, notified, and is now in the process of taking care of lots of paperwork/ business. I'm sure a public announcement will come soon enough.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:35 03/21/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Except the former local directors have no idea what!/ happening either. Multiple calls to NYC and they keep getting fobbed off. I think that's pretty poor form. All ducks should have been lined up beforehand. Some were even planning for local pageants in the following week or two when the plug was pulled.

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:50 03/21/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Beautiful

Author:
Girls
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:18 04/18/17 Tue

G

[> Subject: Be careful what you wish for! Missing Trump yet!

Author:
Uh huh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:06 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: noticed it was changed from "no dates yet" to "no location yet"

Author:
in reference to this upcoming Miss USA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:53 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: GET OVER IT GRANT!

Author:
PF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:40:29 03/22/17 Wed

Oh please! Get over it Grant. you were crooked, you got caught, you got fired. This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. were was the warning when you defrauded dozens of girls by holding prelims and taking their money when you knew you were no longer getting your contract renewed. You just went on business as usual and planned all these prelims and lined your pockets with these poor girls' money. You knew your jig was up and took advantage of them. And now you are crying foul??? SHAME ON YOU!

[> [> Subject: Lmao but how salty are you Grant?

Author:
Wthdoyoymean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:18 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: LOL

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:23:25 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: No one should have been doing a prelim while MU was searching for a new director. All the preliminary winners have received letters from the MUO telling them they are released from their contractual obligations.

Author:
Good Riddance Grant Gravitt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:32 03/22/17 Wed

[> Subject: So 50 titleholders left hanging? Where did their fees go? 50 contestants x $250 per prelim =12,500, plus you have the girls who competed in more than one prelim. Oh and the ad page money, at 50 contestants x $1,200, there's another $60,000. Where is all the money Grant? You are the one who cheated, lied and hand picked your winners to benefit yourself. You and no one else ruined your parents legacy and good name! I'd rather MUA take a little time in announcing a new director and then see Florida finally get on the right path, one of honesty and integrity, you know, like it was BEFORE Jr destroyed it!Oh

Author:
FLGal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:37 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: apparently you didn't win. such poor sports in Florida. no wonder it's a state full of crazies. No one would miss them

Author:
if they didn't even compete
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:57 03/22/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I love it when someone is called out for cheating and stealing upwards of $100k it must be a sore loser! Really hoping this man fully gets his due for the years of foul play and cheating. It's a shame his mom will go down with him though

Author:
FL Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:35:19 03/23/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Chip of the old block

Author:
Sorry...NOT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:34 03/24/17 Fri

Oh don't feel sorry for her. NOTHING happened without her consent. He did not make a move without mommy dearest approval

[> [> Subject: AND MUCH MORE

Author:
KEEP ADDING
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:13 03/23/17 Thu

Not to mention he pocketed the 250 from the girls who competed but did not win!!! nice chunk of change before departing huh.

[> Subject: I want to compete.

Author:
FLgirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:19 03/22/17 Wed

All I know is...I want to keep competing and now I don't know if the preliminary I was planning to compete in is still happening at all or if it will be later along with the rest of the preliminaries that were supposed to be held my now? How will the new director catch up on all that or will there even still be preliminary pageants? Or will we just hold a state pageant every year like most other states? And what about all the titleholders that have won already? They're titles are no longer void? That's not fair to them. MUO needs to get on with getting a director already and they shouldn't have fired Grant until they had someone already lined up and prepared to take his place. It's very frustrating and I don't care for the nonchalant attitude some of you have about it.

[> Subject: With all the hoopla around Florida and their prelim winners every year they still manage to have really only 5 contenders in any given pageant. Very California. Hard to get excited for that state.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:01:00 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: That's the thing- everyone is going on about all the money Grant is pulling in from the prelim entry fees, but the reality is that the costs to hold those prelims probably outweigh the money he takes in. Venues cost serious money. With only a few entrants, I'd bet it's hard to break even after paying the expenses.

Author:
Reality check
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:44 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Umm nope, here's a reality check for you. For starters Grant was holding prelims WITHOUT a renewed contract Secondly as for how much he put out to hold them, for the very few he did out of South Florida he used hotel conference rooms and banquet halls that either donated their space or charged about the cost of 1 1/2 contestants entry fee. And as for all of his South Florida pageants, that was free for him at his studio!

Author:
Nice try
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:07 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Reason is beyone her. She has been blindly hating the Gravitts for years. Now she gets her day. But vastly in the minority in the state.

Author:
Reason is well beyond a haters limited intelligence or blind difference of hatred. normally displaced from the real issues in that persons life. we hope they get the professional help they need.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:06 03/24/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Can you please translate your illiteracy? Not sure who or what you are rambling on about

Author:
Flfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:12:24 03/25/17 Sat

[> Subject: GRANT PLANS TO COME OUT OF RETIREMENT WE HAVE TO STOP HIM!!! NO PAGEANT ORGANIZATION WITH HALF A BRAIN WILL HIRE HIM!!! BEWARE!!!!

Author:
THETRUTHWILLSETYOUFREE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:10:05 03/26/17 Sun

GRANT PLANS TO COME OUT OF RETIREMENT WE HAVE TO STOP HIM!!! NO PAGEANT ORGANIZATION WITH HALF A BRAIN WILL HIRE HIM!!! BEWARE!!!!

[> Subject: So the recent title holders lost their titles?

Author:
REALMADWORLD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:50 03/26/17 Sun

So the recent title holders are no longer their earned titles?

[> [> Subject: Trying to understand this post, but it isn't easy. I would hope the judges used were a bit above this kind of thing. I call BS on several things. Attacking Linette and Brie with FALSE allegations is just WRONG and mean. I see a lot of bitter people on this board that really have an axe to grind. It's sad that the jealousy is so rampant . Beauty pageants = 1 winner and LOTS of losers, and I guess that explains it.

Author:
NA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:11 03/26/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: This post is in response to THIS IS HOW GRANT OPERATES

Author:
NA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:44:21 03/26/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: I see no one on this thread has mentioned Linette or Brie

Author:
What is your point
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:03 03/27/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Read the post I was responding to, and you will see both mentioned.

Author:
NA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:29 03/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: THAT'S HOW GRANT OPERATES

Author:
THAT'S IT! IM BREAKING MY SILINCE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:45:31 03/26/17 Sun

Okay, for all you skeptics, let me tell you what I KNOW is, more like WAS and I've been a judge for several years this is why the Gravitt's ESPECIALLY GRANT NEVER EVER need to be in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY AGAIN EVER... First of all, the ONLY way they made money for decades was by ripping off beautiful girls, both in prelims and at nationals who are new to the Florida MUSA system. They make damn sure that dispite of Winners being over weight and messing up during on stage question the EXACT SAME winners from the previous prelim win bc that secures spots and fees for nationals. Making it UNFAIR to the girls who have tried MULTIPLE times although were told the tabulation meant they won but the card in which was read say otherwise... Genesis isn't innocent and was still shady af but had rightfully won Miss FL USA but Linette was a sore loser and so was her family so they had to take her down, and Brie ONLY won bc her rich family paid the Gravitts off.

[> Subject: Why isn't anyone complaining to Grant about handing over the social media so that the new director can get this project moving? He's complaining about FL USA being ignored, but he's surely not taking the high road on this at all. And he did walk away with at least $30K from the titleholders he crowned without a license. If I were a mom of one of those girls, I'd sue him.

Author:
I don't think he makes his momma proud.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:46:25 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: We are NOT the MUA...

Author:
Nope
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:27:06 03/28/17 Tue

Ummm... because WE ARE NOT THE MUA!!!????

[> [> [> Subject: This whole post is just full of idiocy and illiteracy all around. My goodness what a mess FL seems to be from all sides.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:37 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: YOU'RE A JUMBO DUMBO!

Author:
DUHHHHH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:21:18 03/29/17 Wed

Shut the hell up and HAVE A SEAT! YOU DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T READ IT STUPID!!!!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Miss Universe was fully aware that prelims were happening and had their blessing. TV stations were aligned and sponsorships were being signed.

Author:
Then viola. IMG decided to go in another direction. Any problems with that call Tricia Langa at MUO and voice your concerns. Not that anything will change or they will return your phone calls
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:11 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Doesn't change the fact that Grant is still posting on FL USA social media accounts. Hand them over Grant. At least do something right by the girls and state you profess to love!

Author:
Shameful all the way around
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:39 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I confirmed with Tricia Langa that FL was operating without a license to do so. However, it's not their place to police states. As far as that goes, no state has been issued a license to operate for 2018.

Author:
Lady June
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:18 04/05/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: It is their place. If not them, then who? They are ultimately responsible for their trademark and brand.

Author:
Seriously, get it together MUO.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:59 04/07/17 Fri

[> Subject: Well I think most have "heard" that MUO is getting close to announcing the new Director. I have faith that lots has already been dont behind the scenes. Florida, like the rest of the country, will go on with business as usual.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:49 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: drink that cool aid. tell yourself everything is fine. but its not.

Author:
mark my words. cleveland?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:06 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Are you talking about Florida? Or Cleveland? My comments were directed specifically towards the new Florida.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:56 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Does anyone know how they get the social media accounts under the control of the new directors? Seems MUO should be an admin for each state's social media network as posting stupid stuff on FL USA shows Grant still has control.

Author:
Wake MUO. Get some control on every social media platform for every state. Its your brand.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:21 04/02/17 Sun

[> Subject: GRANT NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE MFLUSA YOUTUBE!!!!

Author:
I'M TELLING!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:01 04/04/17 Tue

GRANT NEEDS TO GET RID OF THE MFLUSA YOUTUBE!!!! HE IS NO LONGER THE DIRECTOR SO HE HAS NO BUSINESS BROADCASTING ANY FOOTAGE EXPLOITING THESE POOR GIRLS ALL THE WHILE TRYING TO "CASH IN" FROM YOUTUBE HITS!!!!! -Angry Pageant Parent

[> Subject: Any updates on this? I have heard rumors but nothing concrete.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:37:06 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Can you share what you have heard?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:05 04/18/17 Tue

Thanks

[> [> [> Subject: Maybe my expectations with all this recent talk were too much but I wasn't impressed at all. I thought the OK teen outshined the Miss in her snap chat take over.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:43:48 04/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Michael Galanes

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:11 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: https://www.voy.com/246385/ new Florida USA board set up... fair & open to all. No association with the previous owners

Author:
Sandy Beaches
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:42 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: NOPE NO THANKS! We're going to post right here!!!!

Author:
NOT FALLING FOR IT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:24:00 04/25/17 Tue

No! we will choose to display our opinions , concerns and knowledge RIGHT HERE on The VOY BUBBLE BOARD where THEIR directors and the CEOS of the website can get & gain full access without anything being deleted or edited for they deserve to know the truth from first-hand accounts!!! BITCH BYE!

[> Subject: And why would anyone post Michael Galanes under this post? MUO fired him years ago and he's worse than Grant as far as honesty is concerned!

Author:
Funny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:04:37 04/27/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.