VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Sore Losers

Author:
Curious
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:02:34 03/27/17 Mon

We've all seen plenty of girls who show their true colors after not winning the crown. But do they not stop to think that the Pageant Director or Judges see their negative posting on Social Media? Does this serve as a disadvantage for future competitions?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I think it is come to be expected with some. It just comes naturally for some to be a total Bitch.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:38 03/28/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: One must accept defeat with graciousness and dignity and I do sometimes think that one’s reaction could come back and haunt them. Example: most of us here have seen the video of Génesis Dávila reaction when named first-runner up at Miss Puerto Rice Universe 2013. Génesis is a beautiful and fierce competitor and the idea of her missing top 25 at Miss World 2014 is questionable as oppose to who actually did make Top 25. Julia Morley might have seen the video and decided prior to Miss World that Génesis was probably not a good fit for the Miss World image, hence Génesis’ omission from Top 25. With the prevalence of social media everyone has to be cautious with their actions and reactions.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:54 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Lordy, that is quite a stretch. Julia Morley has no time to watch all past pageant videos that every single contestants of hers has ever entered. She has a life unlike most here.

Author:
Good grief people
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:00 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I don't think it's a stretch at all. For someone who owns an organization like this, I'm sure they want to see the good, the bad, and the ugly on SM. If she doesn't look up candidates' info, I'm sure she has assistants who do, and if anything suspicious or nefarious pops up, she'd make her decision based on what was found.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:54 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Perhaps Julia may not look at every single piece of social media out there, but I am sure her staff (or minions) saw the video and shared it with her. There is a reason why Miss World is predetermined before the finals. Julia wants an dutiful and obedient titleholder who will conform and execute everything Julia wants – no questions asked. Julia will not be caught off guard and will not allow any titleholder to tarnish the MW brand or her reputation.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:09 03/30/17 Thu

[> Subject: I assume most pageant girls are fake as hell, so I actually applaud the ones that show their true colors.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:15 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Miriam (VZ) represents this. I can only imagine the embarrassment she felt by not getting called but she did not let it show outside of being disappointed.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:40 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: It's Mariam, not Miriam.

Author:
vicky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:19 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: In my experience, I've noticed two things on this point. The first being that the ones who talk shit before they age out are usually never in the running to the begin with. They just have illusions of grandeur. We all know someone who fits this bill. They're in this weird place where they hate themselves but they still think they're better than everyone else. It's really sad actually. And second, the ones who are steep comp will only let their guard down after their last pageant is over with and they didn't walk away with the crown. So...all in all...whenever I see someone bitch, they either are never Top 5 material to begin with or they were the real deal and have finally aged out. So to me, it doesn't really make a difference. [Obviously, this is a generalization...]

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:22 03/28/17 Tue

In my experience, I've noticed two things on this point. The first being that the ones who talk shit before they age out are usually never in the running to the begin with. They just have illusions of grandeur. We all know someone who fits this bill. They're in this weird place where they hate themselves but they still think they're better than everyone else. It's really sad actually. And second, the ones who are steep comp will only let their guard down after their last pageant is over with and they didn't walk away with the crown. So...all in all...whenever I see someone bitch, they either are never Top 5 material to begin with or they were the real deal and have finally aged out. So to me, it doesn't really make a difference. [Obviously, this is a generalization...]

[> [> Subject: This is on point!

Author:
There's a reason they didn't win
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:58:09 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: Cinzia De Ponti

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:13 03/28/17 Tue

[> Subject: F

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:56:14 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Classic reaction from Miss Egypt when she was named runner up at Miss World 1953

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:56:54 03/29/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed March 29, 2017 02:58:27   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: Was she happy or pissed? I honestly can't tell LOL.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:04 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: From what I remember she was so angry! She had been telling the press that she was the best and was going to win the title. When she didn't win she had a tantrum and pretended to faint. Later, she told the press," The winner, she stink".

Author:
love the pageant drama
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:40 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh my! LOL. You'd think women back then would have more grace & class than the queens today. Dumb assumption, I guess lol.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:55 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: OMG that girl was a sore loser! I didn't think the winner and the first runner-up were all that beautiful but she was just hardcore unattractive and her styling dear lord......

Author:
BillyB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:13 04/04/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Oops, this was supposed to be about cry baby Cinzia de Ponti!

Author:
BillyB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:52 04/04/17 Tue

[> Subject: PLEASE! Get your mind and eyes CHECKED!

Author:
Transparent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:28:36 03/29/17 Wed

Look people if there were no sore losers then there wouldn't have been a trial now would there had been? If there were no sore losers then the Florida Miss USA would still be the same way unaltered unchanged? THINK ABOUT IT

[> Subject: Thinking back. MUO would have LOVED it if Miss Columbia had refused to give up the crown instead of standing looking confused. Right? Social Media and eyeballs wins this game. I don't think it hurts the contestants unless they speak ill of the judges or director. It makes that contestant all the more valuable the next year.

Author:
Pageant directors would love free press and tv interviews. Bring it on!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:56 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if Colombia would have refused. There's a time limit to the airing and I would be security would not want to have to handle that!

Author:
Not My Job for sure!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:33 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: The issue is that they had a good 5 to 7 minutes post crowning. This is why many of us think it was staged. The pageant normally runs out of time after crowning.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:40 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting theory. It is odd. You sure it didn't run over that year?

Author:
I can't imagine it being a set up.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:16:33 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: EXACTAMUNDO

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:22:25 03/30/17 Thu

[> Subject: The only documented was Christy Fitchner leaving on a private plane after fnals. Though, recently someone said that was not true. I know Shauntay Hinton refused to go to the coronation ball and reports were that she had lost her purse.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:12 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I read that Christy flew home before breakfast the next morning

Author:
Global Beauties had a picture of her with the rest of the court at the ball
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:34 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Read about it right here:

Author:
http://www.globalbeauties.com/mbmu/2011/06/17th-place-miss-universe-1986-barbara-palacios-teyde/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:11:04 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks. To be fair, Christy was stunning but VZ deserved her win. Now the most questionable 1st runner up placement was Julie Hayek, she should have won. Not to say NZ was horrible, both was great but Julie was perfection.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:33 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not to be insensitive, but compared to Christy, Barbara was a wildebeast. Julie Hayek shouldn't have been Miss USA over Lisa Allred. In addition, I have seen a TX girl throw a tantrum, then come back teh next year and win. As long as she had the entry fee, the producers didn't care.

Author:
the pretty one
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:39:16 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: i do not think if Christy had a fit it showed her in a good light but she should have won over Venez. I would Pick Lorrraine, she was so suprised.

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:41 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Interesting about the TX contestant having a tantrum. Was it Teen or Miss?

Author:
Who was it?? What decade? Under which directors?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:18:21 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: i think it was Pias 1 runner up. you remember she was crowned and then they said it was a mistake

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:11:47 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: What Texas contestant was this?

Author:
Spill the beans
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:25:41 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: I can actually understand Christy's disappointment. I've heard nothing but the most effusive praise about Barbara P. yet I think she took the crown in a sort of underdog-coming-from-behind sentiment from the panelists. As the leader after preliminaries, Christy perhaps felt betrayed by the judges. GuyRex went on record in USA Today that week as forecasting USA's win, their reasoning being that there simply wasn't any competition.

Author:
I can understand why Christy took an early flight out. That said, I've been told the staff at Miss USA referred to her as "Christy Bitchner" during her year.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:07 04/12/17 Wed

[> Subject: I have never been backstage to see anything happen, only to see what happens onstage. And in this stage, it is what doesn't happen on stage. Numerous times a girl will make top 15, top 5 and the next year come back and NOT make the top 15. You bet the girl doesn't come back out on stage. In fact, a few have just left the pageant at that point.

Author:
washington mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:58 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: That's sad. It shows poor character when that happens. Sure they are disappointed but they need to be a good sport and happy for the others by staying and being supportive. There is always next year and we all know different judges always produces different winners. Beauty is subjective and pageantry doesn't define anyone's beauty but it can surely bring out ones bad qualities

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:35 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Re watching Miss USA 2006, Tamiko Nash was about to break out in tears when she was called first runner up. You could just tell her heart was offically broken.She wanted it so bad that year and everyone knew she was robbed by Tara. (even though I'm pretty sure Tara was picked to be the winner by Trump before she even set foot on that stage)

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:05 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I would never call crying a form of "being a sore loser." She was overcome by emotion just by being in the Top 2. Who wouldn't be overcome by emotion in that situation? To me, that showed that she wanted it so bad, which is so endearing. People manifest emotion in lots of different ways, and she did by crying.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:47 04/12/17 Wed

I would never call crying a form of "being a sore loser." She was overcome by emotion just by being in the Top 2. Who wouldn't be overcome by emotion in that situation? To me, that showed that she wanted it so bad, which is so endearing. People manifest emotion in lots of different ways, and she did by crying.

[> [> Subject: Tamiko was my runaway winner that year, even before the pageant began. I was heartbroken, too & to see her reaction made me feel so utterly bad for her. Tamiko will always be one of my favorite Miss Cali's ever.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:02:15 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Yep. And Tara's scandal probably made it harder. Rollercoaster ride with no clue if it'll be enough to get the crown.

Author:
Tee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:12 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: i saw the pageant and i did not think Tara deserved to win. Tamico was way better

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:28 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Tamiko did not have a good gown + a very toned body, compariong to other contestants. She won her very first pageant at 26 (her last year) as Miss Cali USA in the fall 2005 and THEN MU org gave her a lot of attention, that is why she might have thought she was the chosen one. I think with one extra year of experience, she could have won. To her credit, 12 years later, she looks great!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:51 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I would have voted for Tara over Tamiko any and every day. The judges got it right, IMO, once that Top 5 remained.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:17 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I totally understand why directors do not want girls that have acted like brats after they did not win at state to ever win their pageant in the future. They do not want to put with with that for a year and cannot blame them. It is funny, however, when these girls keep competing year after year thinking these directors do not see and know all.

Author:
Ijmo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:00 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I fell in love with Tara the minute the show started. Didn't even know Tamiko was there.

Author:
dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:27 04/12/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.