VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Sorry, I do not see it. Fact is fact, Melinda Bam is a hard act to follow on the Universe stage. And Rolene Strauss, it does not get any better than her. With that said, this winner looks short and that gown is wearing her. I yearn for another Kerishne Naiker and Augustine Masilala.

Author:
Vegas
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:12:50 03/28/17 Tue
In reply to: KiwiGuy 's message, "Miss South Africa 2017 : Demi Peters" on 17:05:37 03/27/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Interesting how opinions differ. I never got Melinda or Rolene but I think Demi looks very strong. I could see her giving South Africa its second Miss Universe.

Author:
Fiona
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:11 03/28/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I can understand Melinda. She has an acquired taste but was strong. Now Rolene on the other hand, was perfection. She easily won (as expected) Miss World but I do not think she would have won Miss Universe.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:27 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: Rolene definitely would have not won Universe. Melinda was nice and should have at least entered Top 5 but her nose got in the way. Talking about ladies whose gown wore them, Kerishnie's not only carried her but also drove her out of the stadium and to the airport. Her hair was also ugh. She looked like she was playing dress-up onstage. Augustine was refreshing and I loved her but her semi placement was generous considering that strong batch in 1995.

Author:
Yoyo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:38 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Agree 100 percent. Melinda did have a big nose but in person she was stunning. Kerishne needed a soft less make up/hair look. I did not like her gown but the face and hair down were perfection.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:39:33 03/28/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Bam was gorgeous facially but tiny and bland onstage in person. She didn't look nearly as good live as she did on camera. And before someone mentions Culpo won and was shorter, Culpo had better stage presence.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:32 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Olivia did NOT have better stage presence. Nearly everyone in the audience that night, including me were shocked that Olivia won. To her credit, she was better on finals night than during prelims where she was not even top 25 worthy. I stand by my opinion she was a MUO pick then coasted to the crown on finals night.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:08 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: An international missologist that you surely heard of, Joseph Vitug claimed that the title was given to the USA (and taken from the Philippines) to comfort the US population, as the pageant was just a few days after the Connecticut school shooting. Here on the forum, Olivia tends to get a lot of support, but objectively her win is kind of questionable, even in a subjective World of pageantry and even if her facial beauty was the strongest out of that top 5. It's like that Mrs Russia winning in Russia, you know the one that was crowned by an angel (after the angel had previously crowned Mrs Costa Rica). LOL

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:07 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh puhlease. Of course Joseph Vitug would say that because he is Filipino. Philippines should not have even entered the Top 5 with that hideous gown and face -- she stole a spot that should've gone to South Africa. Also shocking that she made it through the swimsuit round with that unfit body.

Author:
Ugh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:46 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: ROFL. I am not a Filipino, but overall I enjoyed Janine Tugonon's performance, she deserved to finish in the top 5. She may not be the most unique beauty but neither are Universe winners from 2009, 2013 or 2014. LOL Melinda Bam, while should have likely made top 5 was never my favorite. She is not that memorable to me, and her styling was indeed *too perfect*, she was not patty, but I missed that zsa zsa zsu looking at her.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:26 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ironically, those of us in the audience thought Philippines had it. I do agree about Melinda, it is well documented that she wanted Miss Universe bad and she did everything right. Though, it was shocking to see her eliminated at gown. Olivia won because the other strong girls cancelled themselves out. And by 2012, it was time USA won again.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:03 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Hmm I was in the audience too and after Venezuela bombed that interview, everyone around me thought it would be USA with Australia a distant second. They had Philippines pegged for third runner-up.

Author:
Lucy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:25 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not where I was. Of course I was in the cheap seats lol. But USA had no business in the top 5.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:06 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Upfront by the stage there were few Filipinos. Reactions there were strongest for USA and Australia agreed. Crickets when Venezuela just rambled incoherently (seemingly due to confusion and sheer pity for the girl). Respect for Phils but clearly not the same level in the cheap seats where the fans are littered. Vegas is one place you want to splurge a little more on ticket prices as you will be mobbed by them in the cheap seats. Nothing against them though, I avoided the cheap seats in Doral to save myself from the Telemundo crowd. At USA, to avoid the hillbillies and rednecks who always say the most obnoxious things. Actually, never go for the cheap seats at any MUO event.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:41:23 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, I was upfront. LOL!

Author:
Lucy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:04:45 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Lol that is true but the cheap seats are more fun. I don't like being around snooty people.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:29 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I enjoyed being around snooty more than I did around the rowdy. LOL I finally could here and see what was going on this time.

Author:
Lucy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:36 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: *hear

Author:
Lucy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:08:09 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: It's actually not that snooty at all. I find the top price attendees to be more relaxed about the whole thing and not as fanatical about it. You can hear and see more without random shouts of country names every 5 seconds and random jumping all over the place. Although in Vegas in 2012 it was so loud (the energy is great don't get me wrong) that I couldn't even hear USA being called out as the last semifinalist. I thought Giulana Rancic said Curacao LOL

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:44 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: THIS BOARD IS PATHETIC

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:35 04/19/17 Wed

S

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: So we differ in 2012's shorties. To me Olivia was bubbler with her bouncy walk and stumble in gown. Bam looked so mechanic and dry. Even Russia that year showed more personality than Bam and she was typical European cold. Anyway of the Top 10 I would have placed Bam 8th just in front of Hungary (who I found more endearing but raw) and Mexico (who was a clear audience-attention ploy). Culpo was not the best but left more of an impact than Bam. Again, the girl won all three pageants she entered including two on the biggest (and sam) stage. That counts for something.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:07 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly. People that think Rolene would have won MU 2014, remember it was still in Telemundo and Trump era. It was held in Doral-Miami, a Hispanic majority area... a Latina was always going to win, it is literally a miracle non-Latinas placed 3rd to 5th! Another problem could have been Rolene's body, as she was not as toned as girls that made that top 5.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:38 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Agreed. 2014 was Colombia's crown to loose. Even thinking about the top 5 that year, I would not have placed Rolene up there but she would have easily been top 10.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:30 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: .

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:36 04/02/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: I looked at other photos and sadly she is short with short, thick legs. No Rolene didn't have best body although I'm sure she would have worked on it had she been competing at Universe but she is like 6 ft tall. This winner looks like she is 5'1".

Author:
not in same league as Rolene but facially pretty.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:52 04/02/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.