VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: One must accept defeat with graciousness and dignity and I do sometimes think that one’s reaction could come back and haunt them. Example: most of us here have seen the video of Génesis Dávila reaction when named first-runner up at Miss Puerto Rice Universe 2013. Génesis is a beautiful and fierce competitor and the idea of her missing top 25 at Miss World 2014 is questionable as oppose to who actually did make Top 25. Julia Morley might have seen the video and decided prior to Miss World that Génesis was probably not a good fit for the Miss World image, hence Génesis’ omission from Top 25. With the prevalence of social media everyone has to be cautious with their actions and reactions.

Author:
MLB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:24:54 03/28/17 Tue
In reply to: Curious 's message, "Sore Losers" on 18:02:34 03/27/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Lordy, that is quite a stretch. Julia Morley has no time to watch all past pageant videos that every single contestants of hers has ever entered. She has a life unlike most here.

Author:
Good grief people
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:00 03/28/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: I don't think it's a stretch at all. For someone who owns an organization like this, I'm sure they want to see the good, the bad, and the ugly on SM. If she doesn't look up candidates' info, I'm sure she has assistants who do, and if anything suspicious or nefarious pops up, she'd make her decision based on what was found.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:54 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Perhaps Julia may not look at every single piece of social media out there, but I am sure her staff (or minions) saw the video and shared it with her. There is a reason why Miss World is predetermined before the finals. Julia wants an dutiful and obedient titleholder who will conform and execute everything Julia wants – no questions asked. Julia will not be caught off guard and will not allow any titleholder to tarnish the MW brand or her reputation.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:09 03/30/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.