VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Hi, guys! I just wanted to share just a bit more before campaigning ends. Here are a few questions I thought I'd answer before diving into the books for my exam tomorrow!

Author:
Harley
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:46:21 03/29/17 Wed

How'd you get your username?

Harley is a combo of my middle name (Harrison) and last name (Jolley). Har+ley = Harley.

Describe yourself in three words:

[T]enacious, [H]umorous, [J]udicious. I went with my initials to help me figure this one out haha.

Proudest moment?

I have always admired my ability to turn any situation into a learning experience. A few years ago, my brother passed away due to a drug overdose, devastating my family and taking a huge toll on all of us. I was youngjust entering junior highbut was wise enough to know that this could have been prevented. When I got to high school I made it a goal to educate my peers on the effects of drugs and alcohol. I was fortunate enough to represent my grade level as Class President all four years and was able to use my leadership role to give presentations throughout the school district sharing my story and advocating against substance abuse. Having the opportunity to take such a negative event in my life and use it to help others is one of my greatest accomplishments. While what my family and I went through was tumultuous, reaching out to others to possibly help prevent a similar event from happening was the highlight of my high school career. I was able to talk about this in my graduation speech, and saw my parents smiling in the audience. Knowing how far we have come as a family and using my hardship to be of assistance is by far my proudest moment.

Why do you want to be Mister USB?

I will start by saying this: No, I have never met a titleholder, and no, I have never been to Miss USA. I am your everyday, MUO obsessed pageant fan with an immense passion for such a vibrant, multi-faceted industry. I have been a member of USB since 2012 when I accidentally stumbled upon the board, thinking I struck a gold mine when I found it. Since then, I have been posting actively on the forum (now Facebook) and have been able to meet a plethora of individuals (via the Internet lol) that are just as fervent about pageantry as I am. Being a part of such an amazing community has been a significant part of my life so far. To represent all of you would be an honor that I simply cannot put into words. While I may be young, I think I compensate for that with my knowledge and zeal for pageants. I remember coming home after school in junior high and immediately starting a new archived pageant each day, thoroughly engaged by how much glamour was packed into a 2-hour show. I dont have much time to do that anymore (the whole college thing and all), but the excitement I had back then is still intact today, and has grown exponentially as the years go by. The title of Mister USB would be an honor that I simply cannot put into words. Being able to represent the individuals that I respect so much is an opportunity that I can only hope to achieve. It has been wonderful showing you all a glimpse into my life, and I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me and what I am all about.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Awesome Timothy! Thanks for sharing.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:08 03/29/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Thank you!:)

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:54:31 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Thank you for sharing Timothy! You & Eric are MY Mr USBs :D Can't split you & will be over the moon regardless of which one of you wins... honestly I just want you to share it #idbeaterriblejudge Best of luck!

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:38 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Timothy if you win Mr. USB, will you continue to post on this message board or stay exclusive to the facebook group? I know you came back to the VOY for the campaign, so if you should happen to win, I hope you don't leave again.

Author:
voter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:24 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Of course! Campaigning on the board has made me miss posting on here! Regardless of the result, I will continue to post here:)

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:31 03/29/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Oh my

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:04 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: Spoken like a true queen Pia! Confidently Beautiful with a heart!

Author:
Harley FTW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:42:01 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: It just dawn on me, Harley looks like Nate Ruess- the guy that Pink had a duet with the Just Give Me A Reason. Look it up in YouTube. LOL!

Author:
Harley Can You Be My Husband? LOL!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:50:43 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: Very impressive; it's nice to see a young man write so effectively, with a compelling vocabulary. It speaks volumes that you were class president for four years; jerks don't get elected class president nor do bitches get crowned homecoming queen, ha! You gotta be nice for those two roles. Good luck in the contest and please keep posting either way.

Author:
GoldenBoy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:09:25 03/30/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.