VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Update on Contestant's snapchat. Thoughts??? I'm finding that some are a bit immature (too young in spirit) for me that I originally had in my top beauties. So far, no one has that "it factor" I'm looking for.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:14:06 03/31/17 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I agree. Several have come across entirely too youthful in my opinion. Nothing wrong with that, for a University Homecoming Queen. But in terms of Miss USA selection, many have turned me off in that regard.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:08 03/31/17 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I agree that quite a few seem a bit young. I wasn't necessarily "turned off" by it because none that I've felt that way about were my favorites to begin with. But I like Miss USA to have a matureness to her. My standouts so far (I haven't watched any of Louisiana yet) are Arkansas, DC, Georgia (my favorite so far), and Illinois.

Author:
DMVPageantGirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:30 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: I think I got turned off by a lot of the ones I saw but then I'm like who am I to judge. I think Louisiana became my favorite. She's a natural beauty like super pretty. But I agree I tend to have like the more mature miss usa's and miss universes. I think the field is wide open for sure. I kind of really hate the platform think it doesn't come across as genuine for any of the girls and I'm just not interested I mean it's great to see people out in the community I love that but that's not why I watch miss usa. Can't wait to see the rest

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:33 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: If LA. Says "SO".... one more time. UGH. TOO IMMATURE

Author:
Diva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:49:34 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: 39 times!

Author:
oh god!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:25 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I was appalled by her story of her backing into her goat.

Author:
Not funny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:27:33 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Maryland did today and she tooks great. Very natural beauty.

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:35 04/02/17 Sun

[> Subject: Inquiring minds want to know

Author:
How does someone see these?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:24 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Download the Snapchat app & follow MissUSA.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:09 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: You need to download snapchat app and then follow Miss USA.

Author:
Answers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:39 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: Maryland did indeed look great. Very natural and great personality.

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:16 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: Last year I definitely LOVED the snapchat idea and may have (read: totally did) OD on them. I fell in love with several contestants....felt they were robbed at Miss USA, blah blah blah. I haven't bothered looking this year, because I'm just too busy. While MUO is still undergoing its identity crisis (read in Derek Zoolander's voice: "Who am I?") and even though these snaps are fun, I still am a firm believer that nothing matters in the days leading up to the pageant. All that matters is whether or not you nail it when counts and that's interview, prelims, and finals. The further MUO dives into its identity crisis, the more we'll learn if that'll still hold true, though, in years to come.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:07 04/03/17 Mon

Last year I definitely LOVED the snapchat idea and may have (read: totally did) OD on them. I fell in love with several contestants....felt they were robbed at Miss USA, blah blah blah. I haven't bothered looking this year, because I'm just too busy. While MUO is still undergoing its identity crisis (read in Derek Zoolander's voice: "Who am I?") and even though these snaps are fun, I still am a firm believer that nothing matters in the days leading up to the pageant. All that matters is whether or not you nail it when counts and that's interview, prelims, and finals. The further MUO dives into its identity crisis, the more we'll learn if that'll still hold true, though, in years to come.

[> [> Subject: I agree. The snapchats are for us. THe MUO and judges do not even look at them or consider them.

Author:
LAst year, the girls with the BEST Snapchats didn't even make top 15.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:28 04/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: MARYLAND was fantastic yesterday, and MASSACHUSETTS is doing great so far today.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:15 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: Here is a YOUTUBE video of the MD snapchat...for those unable to see it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi4zs8cQf38

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:48:50 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: She's actually one of the few is that is prettier in her candids that in her professional shots.

Author:
Maryland's Miss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:03 04/04/17 Tue

[> Subject: Maryland was fantastic! She is my favorite so far!!

Author:
Texas Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:30 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: Maryland and Massachusetts are officially in my top 15.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:14 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: I loved Minnesota! Beauty and Brains!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:42 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: For some reason, Minnesota didn't do it for me. She seems to be giving off "Miss America" type vibes.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:31 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I agree. She was in my top five but now maybe 10 or 15. Still a beautiful girl/

Author:
/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:30 04/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Minnesota took a little bit of a dive after her snapchat in my opinion. My tops are still Georgia, Maryland, and Massachusetts.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:42 04/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: I thought Minnesota was the most natural of all the girls I've seen so far. At least for the most part.

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:39:13 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I've talked to her in person and she was HARDCORE playing up her accent. Kind of annying and fakey to me.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:00 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I've met her and heard her speak many times. She has always sounded like that. She ihas a Kirsten Dalton quality to me and it's not for everyone, but that's really who she is.

Author:
CD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:55 04/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Please MUO already knows the girls that they will pump into the Top 16 and beyond. Smart ones know to just blow off this silly Snapchat game. The fans on this board or any other social media outlet for that matter will not change MUO's list. It's a last minute distraction that should get two seconds' of the ladies time and that's it. Remember all those girls gushing over the NYC visits circa 2011? No ladies, just like then, this is not your time to show how much you want it and make your first impression. Please.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:19 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Explain please. Why the pessimism? Whyou do you think they already have a top 16. That's disheartening.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:15 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Trust me..they DO! THere are some thrown in there randomly, but they ALREADY have their winners and Top 5 chosen./ It's a game.

Author:
Last year perfect example
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:52:51 04/07/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Pretty sure you are baiting me because anyone with eyes and ears can see MUO is more and more proactive with the results. Not exactly a secret. Let's be real here, the ladies all know the name of the game. As with all competitors, they all think they will be the exception and not the norm and rise to the top of MUO's list for the chosen agenda this year. But the law of averages and competitions don't lie. There will only be one winner and most people (yours truly included) are decidedly average (including many beauties in real life who are just average USA-level queens). Again, MUO doesn't lie about its ability to pick who it wants -- up to and including all semifinalists. Every girl that gets into semis has one of two purposes: 1) chosen one-three; 2) chosen few to send a message about what the org is looking for; and 3) chosen random fillers to make No. 1 and No. 2 stand out the night of the telecast.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:09 04/07/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I totally didn't understand your 3 reasons and NO, I was not bat8ng you. Some of us aren't pageant savvy

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:53 04/07/17 Fri

[> Subject: Personally loving the takeovers! A sultry headshot only gives you a glimpse into these girls' lives and personalities. I love Montana...she seems so normal and goofy!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:39 04/08/17 Sat

[> Subject: Wasn't feeling MO. MT was real and raw and very different than pageant type she'll stand out for that for sure. I'm liking Nebraska so far she's very chill

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:41 04/09/17 Sun

[> Subject: The contestants' snapchat takeovers really haven't been my favorite, but I have to say, NE is really putting herself on my radar. She's smart and using her time wisely. Plus, she's a real beauty that I didn't notice before, for some reason. Only question, how much storage does she have on her phone?!

Author:
NJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:18 04/09/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: Nebraska is overly groomed with all of the perfect pageant Patty answers. I'm turned off. It feels like She Come from another planet and needs to back to the real world. Only upside is she sounds like she genuinly believes her own bullshit.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:42 04/09/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Totally agree. I've been loving the takeovers but I didn't have any interest in listening to her go on about her childhood modeling days for over an hour

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:29 04/09/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: I actually was surprised by her & liked her! Yes, totally patty but I thought her modeling story was cool and didnt come off in a bragging way- she had some legit gigs. Unlike others who claim they are "top models" *cough NC*. For a girl I didn't look twice at to now a top contender I'm thankful for her snap story today!

Author:
New NE Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:07 04/09/17 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yeah well NC is signed with NEXT and has been since 14. No easy feat

Author:
Cough cough to you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:17 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Sadly, I'm agreeing with this. Too rehearsed for my taste.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:59:23 04/09/17 Sun

[> Subject: Montana was nice because she was genuinely herself...definitely a much different personality than one would expect of a pageant gal, but I enjoyed her. I also think she's beautiful. If she had the TX-type sponsors I could have seen her going far. Nebraska would have made a great USA contender maybe 20 years ago when patty was in. But I'm glad she's living her dream and she seems genuinely sweet as well. Who knows what will happen at USA, but both seem like great title holders, which is the most important thing.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:37 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: Nebraska looks like a mix between Olivia Jordan and Mariska Powell

Author:
Maybe it is just me lol!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:51:16 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: I actually think Nebraska has a decent chance of making the cut. The amount of makeup she wears is a bit distracting. Some of my favorite snap stories are girls I know probably won't make the cut.

Author:
Gonzo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:34 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: You know Nebraska won Miss Congeniality at Miss Teen USA. If 51 contestants voted her that award she must be genuenly nice person and more than just pageant patty fake as some refer her. That's definitely not the easiest award to win.

Author:
gAgA_x (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:23 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: I could care less that the snap chats mean nothing with the judging. It gives us that chance to see how they articulate and May represent themselves in the interview. It's not 100%, but it definitely let's us know if they have the necessary charisma. It also let's us see them without edited photos. With that said, Nevada couldn't even snapchat a full sentence today without chopping her snaps constantly. What's up with that? Love this girl but I hope it's not a telltale sign.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:49 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: It has been nice getting to know more about each girl and see their personalities. Some have been a snoozefest. I really enjoyed New Mexico and New York this week and I am interested to see North Carolina and Texas coming up. Some of my other favorites were Montana, Nebraska, Maine, Hawaii and Georgia.

Author:
snapchat favorites
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:44 04/14/17 Fri

Who are the snapchat favorites???

[> Subject: Several girls snapchat takeovers have turned me off from them. Luckily pretty sure IMG is crowning whoever has the best snapchat LOL

Author:
Are they over yet?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:54:05 04/21/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Rhode Island's is today. There are 11 more to go if I counted correctly.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:17 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: Many of the girls have answered the exact same question each day. Do you think fans are asking each girl the same questions, or does MUO give them specific questions to answer?

Author:
All girls have been getting ethnicity questions, among others
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:08 04/21/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I was wondering that myself?

Author:
Girly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:16 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: I'm really getting board with the snaps but I do like that I've been able to see the girls without edited pictures

Author:
!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:53:50 04/21/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I'm still enjoying the snap days.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:59 04/21/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Looking forward to SC today! Been really enjoying everyone

Author:
Good job girls!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:43 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Already over her and she's only snapped an hour....

Author:
Ugh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:03 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: Those lips and that hair..

Author:
NASTY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:23 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: SC is boring snore....

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:53 04/22/17 Sat

Gh

[> Subject: I really like RI more since her takeover. Loved that she included her teen and her

Author:
Story without making the whole snap about it. I cannot wait for SC she is one of my favs. Kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:37 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Yes loved RI !!!! Not really into SC..

Author:
RI is a Beautiful girl!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:33:57 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Yes RI was a pleasant surprise. Her day did not feel forced or contrived at all. Love the inclusion of her Teen and that she focused on the things she has done in life (even if she's just a student and bartender) rather than her story. Travel is always good. Also good use of every day events and the salty reaction of her first runner up! Goosebumps were a nice touch. Also liked that she didn't have some fake pageant girl voice that makes you just want to slap them after 4 snaps.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:17 04/22/17 Sat

[> Subject: I LOVED Oregon! She has a great personality, and she reminds me of Kristen Bell.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:18:59 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Oregon 😍😍

Author:
SC is already bring me.. sorry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:04 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: It's hard to Snap all day. Kudos to all the girls . You try it people.

Author:
Nobody should be talking crap about anyone.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:24 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: SC so boring ugh...not even that pretty in person

Author:
Boring
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:08 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Massachusetts OMG she's ❤️ Not trying to offend anyone but I'm disappointed in SC

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:17:41 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Please hurry up and get today over.. ugh

Author:
Can't wait for tomorrow's!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:35:41 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Don't like SC. L9ved RI. Yes, get today over with. Not watching anymore.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:23 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: LOL I see SC's runner-up's family was on here yesterday. SC was bland but that's the kind of black girl that will win in the South. Just like only bland Latinas can win Texas. They appeal to the majority (unless you're her runner-ups family!) LOL.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:00 04/23/17 Sun

[> Subject: I actually liked SC; she is beautiful and seems sweet. Not sure if it's enough to win though.

Author:
QueenE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:06 04/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Liked SC much better than RI.

Author:
For sure
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:20 04/22/17 Sat

[> Subject: LOVE South Dakota so far!

Author:
Pleasant surprise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:38:25 04/23/17 Sun

[> Subject: Love SD. She's really personable and quite beautiful.

Author:
CD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:05 04/23/17 Sun

[> [> Subject: agree!

Author:
nice surprise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:58 04/23/17 Sun

[> Subject: Incredibly impressed with Tennessee's snapchat. She's striking and so sincere. Love how she speaks and the spark in her eyes. She has that on stage, watch out!

Author:
San Jose
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:46 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes she has a great presence but I hope she worked on her swimsuit body

Author:
Pageantfanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:40 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: One of the weakest bodies in the pageant

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:28:13 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: LOVE TEN TOO! Shes so gorgeous and doesn't seem superficial at all which I honestly thought she was going to be. I def see her making a wave at MIss USA. Welcome to my top 10!

Author:
CalFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:37:28 04/25/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Yeah, no.

Author:
Not at all.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:21:28 04/25/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: TN was a lot smarter than I intentionally thought. TN making top 3 will come down to styling and SS body

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:19 04/25/17 Tue

[> Subject: I wish they would stop with the STUPID filters. What are they 12?

Author:
No bueno
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:07 04/25/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: What's a filter?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:13 04/25/17 Tue

[> Subject: OMG...love TN and TX and RI

Author:
My current top 3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:24 04/25/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Meh

Author:
Just so so
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:04 04/25/17 Tue

[> Subject: Soo... Utah is a waste of dead air. Whats going on with her? I was so looking forward to seeing her

Author:
Envy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:16 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Ugh agreed. Yawn.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:56 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Miss Utah...boring, and nothing to say, just like her mother!

Author:
GR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:38 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: I know it's different systems, but Rebecca King's (Miss America 1974) didn't place at Miss America, do you think Baylee will make the cut and maybe place in the top 5? I have her making the first 2 cuts, but not sure about final 3/5

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:38 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Rebecca King's daughter**

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:00 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: So disappointed. Utah was by far the most boring, awkward (MU) Snapchat I seen in quite some days. All she seemed to talk, when she did do so, was about her boss and her mom (& that random lady).

Author:
Blunt, too, :(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:32 04/27/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Looks like her mom is waiting for a re-come up. HA

Author:
WHITE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:12 04/28/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: UT can give a huge thank you to her mom because that is the only reason she will be seen on tv making the first cut. Pretty? Check! Blunt and boring? Check! Blends in? Check!

Author:
:(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:39:35 04/27/17 Thu

[> Subject: HELLO>>>> UTAH??? ARE YOU THERE. What is this girl doing. What a waste. She has only posted 3-4 snaps. Gurl.....

Author:
Diva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:14 04/26/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: Maybe your phone was broken? She had tons of snaps all day long!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:23 04/28/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Tons of snaps? I wouldn't say that.

Author:
)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:02 04/28/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Maybe not as many as some of the others (who I thought posted WAYYYY too many snaps). But UTAH had plenty enough. I think some of you are putting too much weight into a snapchat takeover, which I dont think will carry any weight whatsoever come pageant time.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:16:09 04/28/17 Fri

[> Subject: Vermont has used a filter on every snapchat story she has put up

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:54:08 04/27/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.