VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: and then there were two....the final two gentlemen who are vying for the title of Mr. USB 2017.....may I have the envelope please .... the first runner-up will be named first followed by the winner of Mr. USB 2017 . The first runner-up position is very important in case the new Mr. USB 2017 cannot fulfill his obligations for a year...... here we go...... (cameras circle both gents) ......the first runner-up IS.....

Author:
Qban
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:23:43 03/31/17 Fri

Congratulations Timothy Jolley (Harley) from Texas, you are the 1st Runner up which means.....

Jason Smith (GAJ) from Vancouver, Canada is Mr. USB 2017 !!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! It was a hard fought campaign, and all three finalists should be super proud. Welcome to the brotherhood!!!

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:14 03/31/17 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: HOORAY! Congratulations, Gaj!!!!!

Author:
MissMerlin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:28 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Really? I have to say, I don't think it was fair that an employee/good friend of a USA state director was allowed to participate. Especially since this is Universe/USA/Teen USA board where the director frequents and has a strong presence, I felt like it gave "gaj" an unfair advantage over the others, who are just typical fans. Something to consider in the future to ensure the credibility of this contest.

Author:
Broccoli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:49 03/31/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri March 31, 2017 13:29:19   Edited 2 times.

[> [> Subject: He's not an employee. He's a volunteer. If any fan wants to volunteer, they can offer to help out. And Eric is employed in the pageant industry. If you want to take issue with the rules, do it before the results are announced.

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:30 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: The fact that he is passionate enough about pageantry and cares enough about the girls to volunteer as much time and energy as he does each year makes him an even more deserving candidate in my opinion.

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:14 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I'm actually not employed by the pageant industry. I'm a business owner and a sponsor of the pageants.

Author:
Vaughn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:01 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: That's what I meant. I am employed in the publishing industry, but my check doesn't come from them. My point was simply that there are others who also make a living off this industry, like Jorge. It shouldn't make anyone less deserving of the title.

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:02:27 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: No way

Author:
H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:00 04/20/17 Thu

H

[> [> Subject: Wow really.... Lol there's always one...

Author:
Aria
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:49 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: you already posted that you put him in last place so your comments are not surprising. He earned this title and should be proud of it. Lets support our new Mr USB ! Everyone campaigned really hard and he was just the fans choice..

Author:
congrats Jason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:33 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Oh my

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:51 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I dont care if Paula Shuggart is running for Mr. USB. As long as she is a man who loves pageants, she is eligible! We do not adhere to imposed state pageant guidelines, as we are not part of MUO.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:15 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Ha!

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:30 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Are you suggesting that Paula Shugart is transitioning to Paul Shugart? And should we expect him to compete next year? This does shed some light on the distractions in the MUO offices that are preventing finalization of a venue.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:09 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Wouldnt that be interesting...

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:12 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I was a volunteer on the Miss Hawaii USA Pageant when I campaign & won in 2010. There are no rules about "employment" etc. Please.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:13:26 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I find this entire idea odd

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:59:55 04/21/17 Fri

[> Subject: The international first runner up curse has been broken! Congrats and now you can speak!!!!

Author:
Marcum74
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:27 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Yeah Marcum 74, I remember in that video of you and the formers walking around Baton Rouge, and gaj started to say something and you said to him, "You can't speak, you're not a USB". Well I guess he can speak now! So happy for you gaj!

Author:
That was such a funny video
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:44:35 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Yay! I am so happy gaj won! He is so deserving of the title. Years of dedication to pageantry finally acknowledged.

Author:
gaj fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:04 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: I am literally in shock right now. I need to compose myself and promise to write more later!! Thank you!!! I am sincerely honoured and humbled!!

Author:
gaj not signed in
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:04 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Dork! You need to start signing posts "Gaj - Mr. USB 2017"!!!!

Author:
MoNkayMaN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:08 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Yes, hello, get with the program!! No more "not signed in"..lol

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:49 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Jason, I'm so happy for you and proud of you!! I choose to post anonymously, but I have met you before and thought you were such a kind, sincere person with the most amazing historical pageant knowledge. You are truly deserving of this!! Congrats!!!

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:34 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Not true. I am 100% sure tones of other regulars could equal or bypass him with any pageant knowledge test!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:56 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Yes! And we have our first non-American MR. USB (Well, Hawaii is kind of nominally "America")!! Congratulations Mr. USB & you may now FINALLY have a voice in our videos! :)

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:27 03/31/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri March 31, 2017 18:16:05   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: Yay Gaj! I didn't vote but I would have been mad if you didn't win. You were only one I ever heard of and I've followed this board anonymously for at least 5 years. Engagement matters to me.

Author:
congrats
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:04 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: How about we stick to pageant information, etc. Instead of crowning a bunch of guys who simply want a crown on their head. The crown they could never achieve in real life as they are men.

Author:
Come on this is ridiculous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:32 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I never got a crown... And I certainly have a life outside of being a fan of pageantry. If the Mr. USB contest so desperately upsets you, simply scroll by to the next post.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:18:55 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Oh please Bennie Boy, your life revolves around the pageantry. As for the crown, you have always wanted one. One...two..three...Rossie Reaction.

Author:
Sad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:42:56 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: You sound kind of creepy. Very stalker-ish.

Author:
There are some strange people on this site
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:08 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Nice to see a "familiar name/regular" in the Final 3 then one win it all! Congrats Gaj! Work.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:52 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: YAY! Gaj WON!

Author:
O Canada my home and native land
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:46:06 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: Couldn't have gone wrong with either. Yay GAJ!

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:15 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: I haven't posted in FOREVER but anyone who has been around awhile knows me, I have a registered handle (hi!), and I got back on the boards just to vote for gah because he rocks! Always going to be the haters. This is much deserved and anyone who thinks it's not is just sour grapes. The fact that he has so many former friends, friends who have been around pageants forever, etc. only proves that! Jason, you are adored by those who know you! xoxo

Author:
Miss-Kristin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:39 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Sugar dumpling, baby pie! How can you be sure gaj deserved the title when you claim you have not visited this forum? I do not believe you, you are lurking EVERY DAY. Stop with this BS and self-entitlement. gaj only won because some old and desperate for attention beauty queens who never posted before were brought in to vote. The results were FALSIFIED to make gaj win it.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:54 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Actually, thats a false accusation Hawt. Nothing was falsified in the voting or tallying of the votes. We all know you dont like gaj. But his election was fair and square.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:35 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: We do know who was counted and who wasn't. The moderatoors were choosing these people. I believe that for sure some former queens who never posted anything were counted. And no, I am not here to stir the pot. I simply want a MORE TRANSPARENT PROCESS next year!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:43 04/24/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Its as transparent as it can get, without letting everyone know who voted for who. And I dont think thats very fair. If your IP address can be traced on this message board by a specific date, which was before Mr. USB even started, and if you were a contributing member of the facebook group, you were eligible to vote. I think thats pretty fair.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:36 04/24/17 Mon

[> Subject: 1RU on my first try?! I'll take it! Congratulations to Jason, our new Mister USB!:)

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:23 03/31/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Congrats Harley, but you and Vaughn cancelled each other out, LOL!

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:55 03/31/17 Fri

[> Subject: In terms of longevity and consistency, Jason was the clear winner. I am elated. But this was an amazing top 3. I have to give props to the organizers this year. Something seemed different and more exciting this year with a lot of support and discussion.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:12:13 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Congrats Gaj! We couldn't have gone wrong with any of the top 3. Congrats to Harley and Vaughn as well! Great job representing themselves. I am confused about the Timothy Jolley. Is that his real name? Why not just continue with Harley if that's the name he used throughout?

Author:
Congrats to Gaj and his runners-up!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:25:57 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Congrats Jason! You did Canada proud!!!

Author:
Freud
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:10:56 04/01/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Thank you so much Freud.. I am still stunned... I cannot believe it!!!!! I won't lie... I have cried a few times..... happy tears... but still don't believe it!

Author:
gaj
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:34:57 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: Yay, CANADA! Congrats, GAJ! (I do chime in but rarely comment--except when it's Miss Universe season. LOL.)

Author:
TorCanFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:58:34 04/04/17 Tue

[> Subject: Ironic considering this is the "UNITED STATES of beauty board"

Author:
lol. Residency check!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:12 04/06/17 Thu

[> Subject: Couldn't you have put the flag for British Columbia instead of the Canadian flag? Since the US guys get their state flag it's only fair to have someone have their provincial flag shown

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:20 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Well in 'Murica, people are generally DUMB when it comes to geography of other countries. Canada probably does best in that *department* of all the countries. as some Americans are able to mention Ontario, Quebec and BC. Other provinces are a bit of a challenge. I wonder if any of the regulars could mention 13 jurisdictions of Canada without looking it up.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:18 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Well in all fairness, Jason did run as the first "Canadian" hoping to win Mr. USB. So I think the Canadian flag works just fine. But to your point, I'm very familiar with Canadian geography, but I admit I'm kind of a geography nerd. And truthfully I think it would be rare to find a Canadian who could name all 50 states without looking them up!

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:42 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I easily could, but I am also a geography nerd. But I did a test when we were driving with my mother and my brother. Looking at a 2016 atlas, I was asking them for the largest cities of EVERY state (not capitals) and I was surprised they guessed close to 40 of them, neither are in any way interested in georgaphy. :)

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:45 04/06/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Once again thy conceit appears. I am great in pageantry and great in geography. Benjamin stick with the bone yards. One...two...three....Rossie Reaction.

Author:
Sad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:16 04/07/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Ima Try: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory. Dat's all I gots without looking it up.

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:14 04/08/17 Sat

[> [> [> [> Subject: You did well Bama!!!! You missed Prince Edward Island and Nunavut (and I don't know if I even spell it right) We are hoping to add Turks & Caicos at some point. LOL

Author:
gaj - Mister USB 2017
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:08 04/09/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.