VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I still cannot believe it

Author:
gaj
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:20:38 04/01/17 Sat

I woke up on Friday morning in a hotel room in Saskatoon, Canada… I was getting messages anticipating the announcement of Mister USB. I was trying to be at peace with everything and honestly thinking that I was going to become second runner up again. I thought I had run a great campaign but Timothy Jolley and Eric Vaughn were seriously amazing competition. When I saw the result that Eric was second runner up, I was almost confused… I seriously thought it would be Eric and Timothy fighting it out for the title. So, a little while goes by and the announcement happens…. I won’t lie…. I was shaking…. And when I saw it I honestly started to cry. I couldn’t believe that I was voted as Mister USB 2017. Pageants are my love and my hobby….. I have met some of my best friends through this industry and am proud to be a part of it….
Honestly, Tim and Eric….you are both amazing….. and I hope that I am there to see both of you get the title in the future… I am still really feeling shocked and humbled that I was chosen because the two of you really deserved it. Kyaw Thi Ha, you are a sweet kid and the future of the MUO, Sean (there is no question you won the swimsuit award!), Gerson and Geoff…. I really hope to meet you in the future! All of you ran great campaigns.
I am literally humbled more than anyone can know…. I honestly want to thank first and foremost…. My best friend Travis for being the best campaign manager around and reminding me to believe in myself… to Beaux for bitchslapping me and telling me to enter this year! To Shanna, Tonya, Alyssa, Torrance, JessicaB, Will, Zac… you really are amazing friends.
I also want to thank Brittany, Alexis, Michelle, Tanya, Wendy, Gretchen, Alyssa, Tara, Shanna among others for their amazing support. I love the real friendships I have created and am excited for the next year in getting to know more people. Also I want to thank Deidre Sexton, Angela Hardin, Jill Smith and many others who support me not only for this contest…. But are friends for life…. I love all of you!
As I mentioned, to be honest I am a quiet person…. I struggle with my own demons and yes, battle depression on a daily basis…. Right now…. I am winning the battle…. And plan to keep winning.
I want to be a good Mister USB and know that I have big shoes to fill… I am honoured to be in the company of Jorge, Travis, John, Michael, Curly, Ross,, Marcum Stacy, Craig and Jay!!!! I am completely and totally honoured…

Thank you again... you have no idea how honoured I am.... and I will teach the world the proper use of the vowel U in my messages....

WIth a humble heart I thank all of you! Much love from gaj (aka Jason Smith) - Mister USB 2017

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Spoken like a true queen! Congratulations Gaj. Enjoy your reign! God Save The Queen!

Author:
CHOZ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:33 04/01/17 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject:

Author:
TNBoy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:09 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject: YES!

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:36 04/01/17 Sat

[> Subject:

Author:
dink
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:10:18 04/02/17 Sun

[> Subject: Congratulations, Mr. USB 2017! Congratulations

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:01 04/02/17 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.