VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: What is going on?

Author:
Willis
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:16:08 04/03/17 Mon

Is it really possible the date of Miss USA is May 14? It is April 3 and still no official announcement to the date and location of Miss USA. It is totally unfair to family, friends, and fans who want to attend and need to request off, book hotels, etc. This is ridiculous, announce it already.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: From a purely PR stand point every single day at this point just makes the organization look bad, I can't imagine what these contestants and their families are feeling. From excitement to anxiety. My guess is many families are considering changing their travel plans as the expense also rises everyday. I feel so bad for the Class of 2017. This is almost as bad as the REELZ year.

Author:
big sigh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:21 04/03/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Ironically, the REELZ pageant was one of the best produced and advertised in recent history. They had ads everywhere. But, the network has nothing to do with this, this is purely MUO fault. I do not understand given that IMG is a major conglomerate there should be ads everywhere. Alas, the date will soon be confirmed and people will flock.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:59 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: 2015 was the worst year for MUO ever. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Seemed like the end of MUO for good. Then 2016 came around and wooohooo! I thought 2016 would turn it all around and get it on the right track, but sadly....we are left disappointed yet again in 2017. I'm a diehard fan and even my interest fades daily. People have LIVES. Graduations, family weddings, school, permission to get off work, not to mention airplane costs and LUGGAGE FEES, like omg, people, this is such a shit show, it's not even funny. MUO needs someone else working in those hot pink cubicles other than kids fresh out of the same college in Ohio. Their marketing and planning are the pits...disrespectful to all the smaller moving parts and people who make up the organization and its fans in the first place.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:46 04/03/17 Mon

2015 was the worst year for MUO ever. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Seemed like the end of MUO for good. Then 2016 came around and wooohooo! I thought 2016 would turn it all around and get it on the right track, but sadly....we are left disappointed yet again in 2017. I'm a diehard fan and even my interest fades daily. People have LIVES. Graduations, family weddings, school, permission to get off work, not to mention airplane costs and LUGGAGE FEES, like omg, people, this is such a shit show, it's not even funny. MUO needs someone else working in those hot pink cubicles other than kids fresh out of the same college in Ohio. Their marketing and planning are the pits...disrespectful to all the smaller moving parts and people who make up the organization and its fans in the first place.

[> Subject: FOX Network has released its official summer schedule to media and advertisers and yes, 2017 Miss USA is confirmed to be held on May 14th at 7 pm ET... meaning the girls will probably have to arrive around May 2-3. A month from today. I guess it is a headache for the State directors (who are the ones booking the airfare) and have their delegates preparing regardless of where it's going to be.

Author:
L.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:52 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: There is no friggn way the directors and contestants don't know where it's being held. Curious what the secrecy is all about. I'm not going now, and I swear, it's only because I'm totally turned off by the elitist attitudes over this.

Author:
Ladybug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:02:33 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I know.. but if you do a 2017 Miss USA search on Google News, you will get several articles announcing Love Connection with Andy Cohen, and the confirmation of Miss USA on May 14th. I saw this on E! and Variety. There should be more.

Author:
L.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:39 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: They didn't officially announced the location. There is no way I will book flights to Cleveland based upon rumor.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:41 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Hmmm Andy host of love connection? No! But im positive it will be straight, lesbian, gay couples this time around.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:13 04/03/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: They don't. I think I recall seeing the girls are leaving 30 April which makes things even more ridiculous

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:46 04/03/17 Mon

[> Subject: And they don't even have the Miss USA website functioning yet. They seem intent on stabbing the faithful and satisfied with grabbing a few lonely and depressed channel flippers on Mother's Day.

Author:
Seriously, send these people to class on how to run a business.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:07 04/03/17 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.