VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Click in :)

Author:
Former
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:07:13 04/06/17 Thu
In reply to: miss usa fan 's message, "You should know better than to compare previous performances to current. That happens all the time. You lose to a person who wins then you go onto win the whole thing. That literally happens all the time (Crystle, Alyssa, Oliva, etc.) so why point out Deshauna for it." on 17:30:39 04/06/17 Thu

@miss usa fan, Yes! While I would almost always agree with that argument, we are met with an exception to the rule on these facts. (The exception being the result of IMG searching for a marketable story). Every girl you mentioned was already a high profile pageant "force to be reckoned with" veteran before they even won their state. They didn't come out of left field by any stretch of the imagination. Crystle was 1st RU to Miss TX USA how many times? I think 2? Hot damn that's amazing. And was 3rd RU a time before that. A semi finalist a time or two I think. That girl was always killing it in one of the most competitive states, where there are a zillion top of the line contestants. Alyssa had been 1st RU to Teen USA in 2007...which many consider to be the most impressive year of teens ever, and had been personally mentored by Fadil between those years. And Olivia was 1st RU in CA on her first try. While CA isn't as competitive as TX imho, it still ain't no joke and it likewise has a laundry list of top of the line contestants. Contrast that with Deshauna's trajectory. She was never a top 5 finalist in VA 2010, VA 2014, or DC 2015....all very low grade to middle of the road states/districts to win. All with 25 or less contestants, most of whom never had a shot in hell. And then she wins it all the next year. Damn. Was it possible she won Miss USA without her story? It's possible, but not at all probable. I am happy she is Miss USA, because she's a lovely person. But if you think her story had nothing to do with it, then I don't know what to tell you. It's as clear as day.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.