VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: State hoppers 2017

Author:
Get rid of this "residency" requirement once and for all
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:47:05 04/10/17 Mon

Nebraska has just publically annuonced (in her Snapchat takeover) that she's actually living in LA. For modelling, she's not in college there.

So now to "prove your residency" it's enough to enroll in a CORRESPONDENCE COURSE in Nebraska. It's been a downward spiral since Nia and O-Jo.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Nebraska is born and raised in NE and shared that she only moved to LA 2 years ago. I think she's representing the state that raised her. I am sure she travels "HOME" often too. It's not as it she intentionlally chose a state that was less competitive and decided to compete there. I would not consider her situation "state hopping"

Author:
We Move around and having a homestate is a-ok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:46 04/10/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Great. Good for her. The problem is there's no such thing as "homestate requirement". There's RESIDENCY requirement.

Author:
Homegirl resides in LA, end of story.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:51 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Your logic is hollow. THe RULES state she has to "reside" in the state in which she is competing OR be a full time student,, and she has NEITHER of these contingencies fulfilled, so WHY was this not followed?

Author:
MUO rules were made to be broken and it is BS!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:58 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: Nevada lives in LA and competed in California before

Author:
Lauren york
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:51 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: I think the eligibility rules are just pointless at this point and as a contestant who played by the rules for so long , but sees that if you don't you can win - the latter is exactly what I will be doing . Leaving California behind and getting to miss USA through my new " home state" . It worked for Nia and Lauren !

Author:
Because California will always be political instead of straightforward and fair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:20 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: This is why I say get rid of state pageants and go the Miss Venezuela route. Assign titles whether they live in the state or not. Choose the best 51 girls from regional casting calls. Give state directors regions and assign each region a certain number of spots. Who cares if Miss Vermont is from New York or Miss Nevada is from California. Most state titleholders do not make many, if any appearances, so what does it matter.

Author:
Karen Hartz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:16 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: But it defeats the purpose of "looking" like the individual states are being represented by "residents"... just like Miss USA should "look" like a competition where peformance matters as decided by the "judges". C'mon folks, you just have to look like you live in a state by having dem papers so you can look like you are being judged at nationals while MUO cherry picks the it girls for any given year. DT's out of the pic so all this visible statehopping really is just waiting for MUO to screw with the wrong Genesis Davila type over the residency issue. People can see almost everything these girls say and do these days, even disingenious fans who pretend to hide their knowledge of how the system works for their own selfish purposes or those who are in pure denial. Just LOL at "residency".

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:08 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Ive said this so many times-get rid of state pageants and hold regional competitions. America doesnt care about pageants anymore, the residency rules are a complete joke,the pageant doesnt even make any sense anymore. Sob stories for Miss, workout clothes for Teens. What a mess.

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:42 04/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: The fairy tale will never die, of a girl from My State dragging a bikini and a gown to this national pageant, where she competes against other pretty girls from across the country and might even become Miss Universe, like Chelsi Smith or Shawn Weatherly.

Author:
dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:43 04/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: I thought she said she moved back to a Nebraska because she was homesick. She also said her bf is from Nebraska, so I'm assuming she lives nearby.

Author:
lipbalm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:27:55 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: She moved home last year IMG_5912

Author:
oz-usb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:13 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: They all do it look at Oh who post everything from Texas. I think they need

Author:
To change the rules and just pick 51 to 52 girls. It would make it fair for everyone.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:11 04/10/17 Mon

[> Subject: I absolutely hate the idea of having 50+ at large representatives who are appointed to compete for Miss USA. That takes all of the excitement out of it. I think the system is fine as is, with loose residency requirements in place, allowing girls to compete in states they live in, or go to school in. Having state titleholders gives the general public someone to pull for. Also, if you lose the state franchises, you lose your recruiting base. I suspect with an at-large system in place, MUO would faulter within a few years.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:56 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: LOL. Loose residency. Is that like loosely meeting the age requirement, loosely having never been married before, or loosely never having had children? Couldn't clapper formers have loosely never had competed at USA nationals before if they didn't make the semis and have the full experience, or maybe they didn't give their full performance? How about ladies just loosely paying state fees. Since we're being loose and all. Just LOL.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:52 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I got with a guy one time who was a little loose, and lemme tell you, tight is teh way to go. I heratily support the idea of each State sending one of its own, so VT can support VT, TX can support TX, etc. Let the chips fall where they may, as you can always wind up with a Gem like that Teen girl from NH or someplace. America loves an underdog, but it doesn't like to be fooled.

Author:
dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:31:00 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Bwahahahahhahahahaha! Oh yeah, tight is the way to go!

Author:
BAhahahahahahahahaha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:43:28 04/10/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I also like the current compromise. It is easy to get state requirements, but still necessary. I like the fact that a girl MUST still make an effort to get done with these requirements before she can compete. I think the current situation is a win-win situation, it is not difficult to get residency but one must still make an effort.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:24 04/11/17 Tue

[> Subject:

Author:
BamaMan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:41 04/12/17 Wed

[> Subject: Who cares about Nebraska anyway? Like, in any given year? Somebody had to say it....

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:03 04/12/17 Wed

Who cares about Nebraska anyway? Like, in any given year?

[> [> Subject: No, just you, 'Former'. Girl/Dude, not sure who you are, but NE has quite a few fans on here.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:39:27 04/12/17 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed April 12, 2017 23:40:46   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: Haha yeah okay, Groove. NE is a statistically weak state. Anecdotes of seasonal fandom doesn't change statistics.

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:18:44 04/13/17 Thu

Haha yeah okay, Groove. NE is a statistically weak state. Anecdotes of seasonal fandom doesn't change statistics.

[> [> [> [> Subject: If we're talking stats, then yeah, NE is a weaker state. That's not what I was referring to. With that said, Jasmine representing NE doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't have a chance.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:32 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I actually like Nebraska. Might not be my pick to win, but I dont think anyone needs your direction on the matter. Groove, I agree with you.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:47 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: LOL love it!!!!!! Love RD, Jr as well ;)

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:53 04/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: If I were in Texas, I would state hop the heck out of there.

Author:
Diva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:24 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Yes me too! There are a dozen girls who could walk the USA stage !

Author:
Tough competition in Texas !
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:15 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Same. The only thing though is that TEXAS usually has a solid prep team, so if you leave TX, then you're leaving that prep team too. Whereas, hopping from CALIFORNIA to another state isn't the same, in that regard, because CA's prep team has been a little ho-hum for the past several years. In that case, you're only leaving the prestige of >maybe< being named Miss CA for another state title with less prestige. There's not nearly as much risk as there is in leaving TX, because it's not like you're all that prepared for Miss USA from CA from the get-go. Shannon McAnally is the only recent TX girl I can think of who hopped from TX. Unfortunately, she left a stellar prep team in TX for the one she ended up with and sadly did nothing at USA. {Note: I'm all for statehopping, as long as (1) it's on the up and up and (2) you know the capital of the effin state you hop to).

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:23 04/13/17 Thu

Same. The only thing though is that TEXAS usually has a solid prep team, so if you leave TX, then you're leaving that prep team too. Whereas, hopping from CALIFORNIA to another state isn't the same, in that regard, because CA's prep team has been a little ho-hum for the past several years. In that case, you're only leaving the prestige of >maybe< being named Miss CA for another state title with less prestige. There's not nearly as much risk as there is in leaving TX, because it's not like you're all that prepared for Miss USA from CA from the get-go. Shannon McAnally is the only recent TX girl I can think of who hopped from TX. Unfortunately, she left a stellar prep team in TX for the one she ended up with and sadly did nothing at USA. {Note: I'm all for statehopping, as long as (1) it's on the up and up and (2) you know the capital of the effin state you hop to).

[> [> [> Subject: As far as I know, Shannon still had the same prep team from Texas helping her at Miss USA, just a different state director. Truthfully, I thought the only thing she did wrong on stage was that bad hair style in prelims. It may have been enough to squash her potential.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:45 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Those that have been through the Texas farm, are well trained. It also has to be Instinctual. Either you have it or you dont. PERIOD

Author:
Texas Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:42 04/14/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Agreed - and you can actually hire the prep team - there isn't a rule that says they only work for free for the Texas titleholder - their businesses are pageant prep. So state hop all you want and come back for training. And you either have it or you don't... its just fine tuning.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:41 04/17/17 Mon

[> Subject: Hmmm....people only gripe about state-hopping to a) tear down a contestant because they're suddenly intimidated by her, or b) set the stage to gripe about some other contestant who they are also really intimidated by. I think it's great that a tiny state like Nebraska has such a pretty contestant that people are threatened - Viva the Flyover State!

Author:
FirmGrip
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:12 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Prolly true but I also think people are seeing more and more of how sneaky AF pageant girls can be. Esp. with social media. I mean if they are going to play up like they are so sweet and deserving of a title people can legitimately discuss their shortcuts to residency that are shady. Fair topic of discussion these days and MUO's acquiescence in the shenaningans is not helping.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:27 04/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: Besides Texas and California what other states should contestants hop away from? Where should contestants hop to? We play that game when watching both USA, Universe and even America every year.

Author:
Time to bunny hop on out of where?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:11 04/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: As a state hopper myself(although it was legitimate due to schooling) I lived in a more competitive state, one that is considered a pageant state and does very well at Miss USA) to a small state, less competitive and rarely, if ever places at Miss USA. While going to Miss USA was always a dream of mine, I knew going into it, no matter how competitive I was, I would be overlooked because of my banner. Yes, it cost me less to compete for my state title, the cost of competing at Miss USA was the same. Maybe in this date and age, things are different, but back then it was not. If I could do it all over again, I would not have state hopped and competed in a my home state. At least I might have had a chance at Miss USA!

Author:
Former Miss from the Midwest
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:02 04/14/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Insightful. But I disagree. Gone are the days when you have to be from Texas to win Miss USA. I think smaller states have been doing quite well lately. 2012- Rhode Island, 2013- Connecticut, 2014- Nevada, 2015- Oklahoma, 2016- D.C. I would not label any of these as perennial favorites in terms of "sash factor"

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:06 04/14/17 Fri

[> Subject: I thought the Snapchat takeovers were to meet the girls and their states

Author:
Wtf Ohio did hers from Texas. I feel bad for Miss Texas but I am sure Texas will be better anyway
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:11 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Colorado did hers in California?

Author:
Jealous much
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:52 04/17/17 Mon

Boom

[> [> Subject: Half the girls have been in different states on there snaps for trainings

Author:
Work, family
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:37 04/17/17 Mon

I'm not sure what the big deal is? Do they have to stay in their state 365 days after winning? Please explain

[> [> Subject: Im confused is these girls required to spend 365 days a year in there states or are they allowed to travel, spend time with friends, family and work/intern in different states?

Author:
Please exsplain? Confused?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:56 04/17/17 Mon

Confused?

[> [> Subject: Personally I have enjoyed Ohios snap take over so far. If she is in TX she's not parading around taking anything away from Miss Texas when it's her take over. She's just telling us about herself, and I gotta add her pictures do not do this girl Justice. She's very stunning to watch in person.

Author:
Just my opinion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:27 04/17/17 Mon

[> Subject: i believe it is from all of the controversy with her living in Texas and not Ohio

Author:
Again who cares about her anyways she will not get the call
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:55 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: I actually agreed with you that she wouldn't make it until I seen her snaps and now I think she might.

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:02 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I did not care for Ohio chat at all. She came across as vapid

Author:
But not natural and what was the purpose of showing her boyfriend or trainer.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:52 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: We've seen several of the girls trainers, but let's only only comment about Ohio's LOL

Author:
Get over it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:30 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Hahaha the only people who bash on here are jealous

Author:
Competitors!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:50 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Haters going to hate hate hate and a players going to play play play!!!!!!!

Author:
Who knew Taylor Swift knew pageant talk!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:58 04/17/17 Mon

[> Subject: Caity j would have been a better choice for a dark hair girl. I have to say I am even

Author:
Less impressed after seeing Ohio Snapchat but I didn't care for ND either but she seemed less nervous and more genuine kibo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:48:02 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes Yes Yes keep the negativity coming show how jealous you are!!!

Author:
!!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:05 04/17/17 Mon

[> Subject: Ridiculous

Author:
NEFriend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:19:54 04/17/17 Mon

Jasmine (Nebraska) lived in LA for less than a year, and that was back in 2014/2015. She was born and raised here in Nebraska. Looks like someone is intimidated. Grow up.

[> Subject: Here is my take on it. No one is hyping Miss Ohio except for her or her family. Not one person that normally post on the board has her on their list

Author:
These are facts so I doubt anyone is jealous. It seems like she is possibly trying to get her name on this board desperately. Concentrate on USA and get off here
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:49:58 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Always blame the family or contestant when people don't agree with you!

Author:
Get over it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:42 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Nobody came on this board "hyping" Miss Ohio today. A post was made about her snap take over not being done in Ohio. I have watched several girls do snaps from different states in the last couple weeks. As ppl have mentioned above, they do travel A LOT. I agree with what was said above, she's not parading around TX giving us a tour. She hasn't taken anything away from Nancy when it's her snap chap takeover. I think ppl think jealousy is the issue here because Miss Ohio is the only one being called out for what you want to consider "rule breaking" but its okay when over 50% of the girls are doing the exact same thing. This board gets ridiculous at times. I doubt any of the title holders come read these threads. Being judged by everyone who think they should be perfect. SMH

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:52 04/17/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: Wrong.... If you go back to some posts, I have been calling her into my top 5 for some time.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:13 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Well she is going to win because apparently she found a cure for heart disease

Author:
Who knew there was a cure.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:49 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: Lol,

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:14 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I'm an RN and you can reverse congestive heart failure!

Author:
You are a very ugly person to comment on someone's health..
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:06 04/18/17 Tue

Darla Evens

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: My brother is a heart surgeon and you can improve but you cannot reverse it

Author:
Truth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:02 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I might add you can get a pacemaker but cannot reverse the effects

Author:
Look it up
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:40:06 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Your brother is an idiot heart surgeon

Author:
Even idiots can google the truth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:57 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: One of the worst takeovers.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:46 04/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: Opinions on Oklahoma's takeovers?

Author:
I LOVE HER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:50 04/18/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: One of the most rehearsed and cringeworthy takeovers I've seen! Not a fan

Author:
Ugh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:19 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I agree. I guess I was expecting more with all the recent Oklahoma talk.

Author:
Not impressed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:33:00 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: LOL her family and friends have clearly found the board. She was ok but registers more teen than Confidently Beautiful.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:52 04/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Love OK takeover. I did not care for Ohio or Oregon

Author:
Ready for the pageant already
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:57:08 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: OK was too contrived. Ohio's was awful (and the girl clearly lives in Austin hello her trainer is there) but yeah the girl is never going to go anywhere in the competition so who cares except the real Ohioans who lost to her. Oregon was raw but the least fake.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:20 04/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: I followed a few of the girls before AK and I had never seen Alyssa before , I believe she's from Seattle, WA?

Author:
HBG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:28:29 04/21/17 Fri

?

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.