VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I'm not generally a big Nevada fan - their girl always tends to make it even when I don't think she has a shot in Hades - but I find myself sticking up for her here. I think IMG probably wants a young woman who has BUILT something, no matter what that is - maybe Nevada has a really impressive modeling/entertainment background? However, if any girl walks in and doesn't have much life experience to talk about, and doesn't relate to a large population of women - THAT is a problem to me, regardless of their degree.

Author:
FirmGrip
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:50:46 04/13/17 Thu
In reply to: social media addict 's message, "Miss Microbiologist, Dentist or Lawyer" on 04:11:52 04/12/17 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: IMG is picking up that sob stories feed to the low hanging fruit. Any pageant competitor can come up with fake tears over bullying, her NaNa, irritable bowel syndrome blah blah . They serve a purpose over girls who can only talk about competing as Miss Country Bumpkin since she was 8 or tried out to win Miss Blue State 7 years in a row. However Deshauna and Iris' wins highlight exactly what you said above---IMG wants someone who clearly has a life plan and has committed to it. They are going for uplifting and inspirational, accomplished but not necessarily a braniac. In any year, those ladies are maybe two handfuls worth of the group as you can't fabricate lifetimes like that with your coaches and teams. DT just wanted pretty trophy cheerleaders to look pretty but not talk while standing next to him (like poor Nia and Molly pouring water for him for that icebucket challenge---talk about degrading). Welcome change for sure.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:14 04/13/17 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: If this is the case, which I agree with you, then that means PA, NV, Minnesota, GA, and WV are out.

Author:
LadyBug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:10 04/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I wouldn't say they are out but I don't that they have anything to offer that IMG might want to sell. I don't know. I don't have much time to devote to pageants these days and silly Snaps and MUO's lack of exposure doesn't help that. I do know GA and IMG will likely want to milk her American Idol stint so she's got that going for her. What's PA's story because former bridesmaid now the bride? NV may make it in because of sash factor and whatever story Sxoxo helps her out with because that another-LA-model thing prolly will not help esp. since her modeling borders on trashy. What's Minnesota's deal. All I know of her is that people were discussing her fake/non-fake accent.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:47 04/13/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.