VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Insightful. But I disagree. Gone are the days when you have to be from Texas to win Miss USA. I think smaller states have been doing quite well lately. 2012- Rhode Island, 2013- Connecticut, 2014- Nevada, 2015- Oklahoma, 2016- D.C. I would not label any of these as perennial favorites in terms of "sash factor"

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:00:06 04/14/17 Fri
In reply to: Former Miss from the Midwest 's message, "As a state hopper myself(although it was legitimate due to schooling) I lived in a more competitive state, one that is considered a pageant state and does very well at Miss USA) to a small state, less competitive and rarely, if ever places at Miss USA. While going to Miss USA was always a dream of mine, I knew going into it, no matter how competitive I was, I would be overlooked because of my banner. Yes, it cost me less to compete for my state title, the cost of competing at Miss USA was the same. Maybe in this date and age, things are different, but back then it was not. If I could do it all over again, I would not have state hopped and competed in a my home state. At least I might have had a chance at Miss USA!" on 13:16:02 04/14/17 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.