VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Personally I think her scandal was too much to overcome. Racism isn't cool and people don't put up with that crap anymore. The very people in the public who could have made her relevant just weren't willing to look past her bigotry. And I think it has much more to do with her than teen title given ones before her were more visible. I think they thought she might bounce back like Tara but Tara had Trump. Who did she have? Faceless IMG? It was just a mess all around.

Author:
they made a poor choice
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:16:21 04/18/17 Tue
In reply to: social media addict 's message, "What's the point of the Teen title?" on 06:47:52 04/18/17 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Her scandal wasn't about racism. She said something millions of teens do. Get over it and grow a thicker skin.

Author:
Davey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:25 04/19/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Are we talking about the same African American community who routinely uses sexist, homophobic and slurs toward Asians and other groups? The thing with many black folks is they don't apply the same standards to themselves as they demand for themselves by others. Same people crying about karlie's comments are out here making bigoted remarks about another group but somehow the black population is allowed to dish it but above criticism? Get outta here with that.

Author:
eye roll
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:54 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: @ Eye Roll, I am black and have never used this slur a day in my life nor do I make slurs at other groups. Stop making excuses for this degenerate. Bad behavior of one doesn't excuse bad behavior of another. I've been black my entire life and no one around me that I personally know has used a racial slur to refer to Asians so enough with your sweeping generalization. You're mad because the racist Miss Teen proved not to be marketable.

Author:
that's her problem not mine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:23 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Their point is, many of the same folks who were outraged by Karlie are same ones bashing the Mr. USB contest with suspect remarks that are bigoted so let's not pretend the African American community are always victims when we've all witnessed ignorance they approve of toward other groups. Especially one that comes to mind they are notorious for.

Author:
Just A Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:55 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: What exactly are we notorious for? Elaborate. And to support your claim, you will need to do the same for majority.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:04 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but boy are you incorrectly generalizing and mis-characterizing an entire group. No I am not impressed with these teen. I think she's facially average, short and chubby. I thought all of this before learning about her racist remarks. I also happen to love the Mr. USB contest. Have followed over 5 years and only registered to participate in voting year Iceman won. Almost did this year to vote for Gaj bur lost track of time. I posted that I didn't understand why people were complaining about it. So again what are you even talking about right now?

Author:
bitch, please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:40 04/20/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: If I recall, the black community did not have a reaction. Point being, Miss Teen USA is such a non factor. I am sure Miss Teen USA 2010 did that was on the reality show.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:07 04/19/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: It sounds like a black person made you feel embarrassed. One thing you do not mess with is a black person. We are strong and will not tolerate anything.

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:00 04/20/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: She's done plenty through her reign. Certainly no less than any other teen who hasn't been doing much at all themselves. Karlie has appeared in many functions as evident by her social media.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:14 04/19/17 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.