|Subject: Global Beauties.com|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 09:01:11 11/21/17 Tue
The 66th Miss Universe competition is in its homestretch and the winner will be crowned this Sunday in Las Vegas. While we are delighted that the pageant is crowning their second winner this year and thus avoiding having the contest spill into the next calendar year for the third time, it has not gone unnoticed what a poor and low quality event this has been so far. From the private jets, high class events and excited crowds of the 65th contest in the Philippines to fast food joints and hotel mezzanine events in Vegas, this is surely not a Miss Universe edition that the die hard fans would want to remember.
The announcement that IMG was taking over from Donald Trump was met with excitement and relief, but now we are seriously starting to worry about the future of Miss Universe. The organization should take a serious look at how they organize and plan their event and we really hope to see them return to staging a pageant that does justice to the history and reputation of the brand next year. For the first time in years, the preliminary competition was not even streamed live, leaving fans of the competition extremely unhappy.
We miss the great headshots of the girls and photos of them in their evening gowns and swimsuits of past editions, but at least we are getting glamshots this year. As disappointed as we are with this low key event, we are still hopeful for a great show on Sunday - something that Miss Universe has always done well. The group of 92 (a record number) is strong and we enjoyed seeing these photos by the official photographer of the competition.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- I'm in agreement with GB's statement. It's unfortunate and symptonmatic of a poorly run organization. Where's the leadership? Plans seem (perception is reality folks!) to be poorly executed. This obvious lack of effort from an organization led by a woman is not inspiring to girls. (NT) -- Catherine Cates - NYC, 09:20:55 11/21/17 Tue
- I agree with the statement, of course, but it makes me wonder what's really going on. Is it just incompetence? Or did they need to save a ton of money in the budget this year? Or is it more related to dying interest in pageants (and maybe fewer sponsors, etc.)? I guess it's a combination of all that, but I'd love to know what is really going on and why. -- Old timer, 09:46:15 11/21/17 Tue
- This is by far the worst miss Universe to date. I blame Paula! It is evident that trump had a much better oversight than we knew. I don't think nbc cared but Paula was limited under trump. Img is terrible! While i know the final show will be fine the 2 weeks prior are questionable. I feel bad for the girls. Img has done nothing MG (NT) -- Vegas, 11:01:12 11/21/17 Tue
- Maybe it’s time for the MAO, Dick Clark Productions and ABC to buy out the MUO. That would mean the end of MTUSA and MUSA. (NT) -- Let’s face it, they have the funds, the following and a high profile production company. Either that or the MWO will buy out MU and disband it., 13:14:11 11/21/17 Tue
- I feel like we are seeing the turning point where the critics outweigh the defenders of Miss USA. Nobody will buy it because an organization that objectifies women (not my opinion, the dumb masses) is too toxic to touch. (NT) -- IMG would probably make more money by shutting it down and selling the story of it's demise to the press., 18:16:31 11/21/17 Tue
- Let's be clear here: IMG is not the sole cause of the pageant's decline. How quickly we forget the previous ownership was just as dismal in moving the brand forward. 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014-15 all had horrible issues with securing a host and Vegas was the fallback for three of those years. One year didn't even have a pageant and when it did, the owner kicked the ladies off his own property for a cheap ass Crown Plaza in the ghetto. What exactly did any MUO titleholder accomplish in the last ten years beyond conquering the stage in her Sherri Hill. (NT) -- It's unfortunate IMG has its head up its SJW crack so deep but really the problems we see now have been there for a while., 18:25:44 11/21/17 Tue
- I went to the IMG site to look for Miss Universe... Nothing. I don't think they want to have anything to do with it. (NT) -- They made a mistake..., 19:29:54 11/21/17 Tue
- Exactly. MUO has been in trouble since the Trump era, even though he said that there were "lots of countries interested in hosting MU", it seemed like a real lie, the MUO has always struggled to get hosts. Hosting MU is very expensive and only third world countries and the US are willing to spend huge amounts of money to host it. The cost of hosting a MU event in the Philippines is nothing compared to the cost of hosting it in Las Vegas, only security wise, with the recent killings and constant terrorist threats, the expense is already prohibitive. Why do you think Miss World is often held in China? Because it is magnificent and cheap. China is always willing to invest lots of money in this contest since it boosts their tourism industry and economy, or at least that's what they think. (NT) -- Other than the US you'll never see another rich country hosting MU, 20:26:38 11/21/17 Tue
- We got beautiful winners with Trump. Now we get pretty to plain winners with stories. I don't care if he held it in a barn, I'd take Trump over the current mess anyday. (NT) -- ghrtt3, 02:54:53 11/23/17 Thu
- So watching the videos from rehershsls...it looks like the contestant arent doing thier own introdutions? I hope that's wrong! (NT) -- Hate this, 22:19:37 11/21/17 Tue
- Miss Universe is a TV show that will be spectacular. Most people watching don't care about where prelims were and whether or not the weeks leading to the pageant were filled with fancy dinners and private planes. Y'all need to chill. (NT) -- :-), 19:04:16 11/22/17 Wed
- I still prefer Miss Universe than that cooking show Miss World anyday. (NT) -- Mufan, 21:34:19 11/22/17 Wed
- On one of the other boards someone commented that the reason the girls have been held up in the hotels all the time and only go out to eat and one "smile train" function is because of security given the recent shooting event in Vegas. Makes sense. But the pageant should have NEVER taken place in Vegas AGAIN. It is simply the MUO fall back site whenever they can't secure a host country. Last year was an amazing experience for all the girls in the Philippines. Such a come down to this pathetic pageant in Vegas. I feel sorry for the girls. (NT) -- TST . . ., 23:03:05 11/22/17 Wed