VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board
Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles
Jun 19, 2021
Miss Wyoming USA/Teen USA

June 19-20, 2021
Miss Maine USA/Teen USA

Jun 25-26, 2021
Miss Nevada USA/Teen USA

Jun 26-27, 2021
Miss Illinois USA/Teen USA

June 27, 2021
Miss Delaware USA/Teen USA

July 9-10, 2021
Miss Ohio USA/Teen USA

July 10-11, 2021
Miss Arizona USA/Teen USA
Miss West Virginia USA/Teen USA

July 17, 2021
Miss DC USA/DC Teen USA
Miss Virginia USA/Virginia Teen USA

July 16-18, 2021
Miss Florida USA/Teen USA

July 24-25, 2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA

July 25-26, 2021
Miss Indiana USA

July 27, 2021
Miss Indiana Teen USA

July 30-31, 2021
Miss Pennsylvania USA/Teen USA

July 31-Aug 1, 2021
Miss Minnesota USA/Teen USA
Miss New Jersey USA/Teen USA

Aug 6-7, 2021
Miss Michigan USA/Teen USA

Aug 7-8, 2021
Miss Rhode Island USA/Teen USA

Aug 14-15, 2021
Miss Colorado USA/Teen USA
Miss New Mexico USA/Teen USA

Aug 18-20, 2021
Miss New York USA/Teen USA

Aug 20-21, 2021
Miss Utah USA/Teen USA

Sept 1-5, 2021
Miss Texas USA/Texas Teen USA

Sept 10 -11, 2021
Miss California USA/Teen USA

Subject: Miss Universe scored impressive Nielsen TV ratings

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:51:52 05/17/21 Mon

Tony Maglio
Mon, May 17, 2021, Here’s something worth pointing out high up in a primetime ratings story: Telemundo finished in third place last night thanks to its “Miss Universe 2021” pageant. CBS and ABC tied for first in rating

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Did the judges punish Dominican Republic because she said she didn't need a title?

Author:
Floozie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:38 05/17/21 Mon

The minute those words came out of her mouth, I said "Uh oh."

DR was so poised, so elegant, so classy.

Her presentation was perfection. And her speaking voice was so calm.

But when she said, "I don't need a title to work with the children..." I knew that would be a problem.

It's as if the judges said, "Okay, fine. Wish granted!"

Note to future contestants. NEVER say you don't need the title. It's why you're there competing, isn't it?

Big mistake.

Replies:
Subject: Zozi looked like a QUEEN!

Author:
YASSSSSS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:30:12 05/16/21 Sun

Omg, how amazing did our outgoing Miss Universe look at the crowning moment?

That outfit rivals - maybe even surpasses - the only other fantabulous ethnic look of an outgoing Miss Universe. Of course, that being Sushmita Sen at Miss Universe 1995.

What made it even more amazing was Zozi standing in the middle with her zigzag gown and turban, and the two finalists on her left and right, with their outstretched hands, like you would see on an Egyptian tomb.

It was a very surreal and amazing moment!!!

I hope someone can get a clear photo of what I'm talking about. I'd love to use it as my desktop photo.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2020 is...

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:01 05/16/21 Sun

Replies:
Subject: RECENT PHOTOS OF BRAZIL AND MEXICO

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:09 02/23/21 Tue

The booty pics have mysteriously been removed from the internet!

LMAO!

Last edited by author: Mon May 17, 2021 20:07:25   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Who will be the 69th Ruthie of Miss Universe??

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:02 05/14/21 Fri

Please make your picks for the Ruthie this year.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Canada - I still don’t get the hype. She must be one of the most facially underwhelming Miss Canada we’ve had.

2. Australia - I like her personality and I know she aced her interview but she is one of the shortest contestants in Miss Universe recently. I am not sure if she can ace swimsuit and gown.

3. Dominican Republic - I still don’t get the hype. Don’t know why so many fans (maybe just one or two pretending to me like the one for Wisconsin USA 2020) favor her. She is not too strong facially.

4. Colombia - not receiving as much worldwide attention but she received a lot of support in national costume show. Again another girl that I don’t get facially.

5. Jamaica - beautiful in photos when she won her national title but she is fizzing away. She needs to step up her attention because she has the goods to do well.

6. USA - same as Jamaica however the sash is strong but Asya needs to deliver!! Under the new format (if true), she will likely get cut after top 21. Even if she makes top 10, I can’t imagine her advancing because while beautiful, Asya needed a killer walk and stage presence and that is something the other ladies have over her. Seems like USA will not make the top 5 for another edition/year. This is the longest top 5 drought for Miss USA!!

7. Chile - lots of love for her personality but her walk needs refining. I can get her making it but I can see her faulting in swimsuit/gown.

I hope the following ladies will make it (despite the weak sash because they are beautiful):

ROMANIA
CZECH REPUBLIC
CURAÇAO (stunning!!)
PERU
NICARAGUA (don’t know if her limited English will affect her or not)

Replies:
Subject: Miss Thailand's Final Evening Gown

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:11 05/16/21 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Olivia has sparked a lot of memes tonight

Author:
HCF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:06:22 05/17/21 Mon

I love how real her reactions were LOL. MUO's probably not gonna ask her to host again.

Replies:
Subject: This is why you need men on the judging panel

Author:
xoxoxo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:03:41 05/16/21 Sun

I said it last year, and I'll say it again.

Men add a different element to the mix. They find beauty in different aspects of women, than a woman would find in other women.

If there were men on the panel, I think that either Dominican Republic or Peru would have won. Maybe even Brazil.

Mexico is completely lackluster. No spark. No energy. Weird styling. Terrible answers to questions.

I have no idea what those judges saw in Mexico. None at all.

This year is another flop.

Thankfully, it will be a very short reign.

Replies:
Subject: https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/lifestyle/2021-05-09-zozi-tunzi-talks-life-lessons-post-miss-universe-it-wasnt-tokenism-i-deserved-to-win/

Author:
Erika
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:02 05/17/21 Mon

Zozi Tunzi talks life lessons post Miss Universe: 'It wasn't tokenism, I deserved to win'

Replies:
Subject: First time countries that should place tonight!!

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:20 05/16/21 Sun

I really thought the following ladies did well in prelims and have great facial beauty! I hope they can achieve their first placement and pave the way for their nation’s success in the future!!

ROMANIA
MYANMAR
CAMEROON
BAHAMAS
LAOS
CAMBODIA

Other countries that are not powerhouses but I hope to see place. Please throw away the sash factor!

NICARAGUA
CURAÇAO

Countries that are not powerhouses but haven’t placed in many years.
It would be refreshing if they get the call:

SINGAPORE
CZECH REPUBLIC
RUSSIA
BELIZE
CHILE

Replies:
Subject: What would you give up for a storyline?

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:10:24 05/17/21 Mon

After watching this year’s program, I’m thinking that certain delegates will forfeit the possibility of being called into the final evening for an on air storyline. We saw it in previous years with Sarah Idan (Iraq) in 2017, Angela Ponce (Spain) in 2018 and this year with Nova Stevens (Canada). These stories are compelling and noteworthy. MUO would not otherwise televise these stories had the delegate made it into the quarter/semifinals; in an effort not to show favoritism. Granted, none of these three were considered shoe-in on the final evening, but I do think each sacrificed a possible position in order to tell her story.

Replies:
Subject: You winner? (Just one name- no elaboration!)

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:36 05/15/21 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Original Rican's Top 21 and some change...

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:19 05/16/21 Sun

Has it really been over a year since the last Miss Universe? While I have lost all respect for Paula Shuggart, Miss Universe Organization, and IMG, I am happy they held the pageant (and it seems) without any major issue. With that said, I am fed up with Miss Universe being female-led. If you want female input, they are better off hiring gay men like (us) and queens, we would do a better job than the crap they got running social media, talent, website, and productions. Paula is well past her prime and it is time she retire. But the organizational structure of Miss Universe is poor, who exactly is the vice president?

I am about fed up with South Africa and Philippines. Another reason why Paula needs to be fired, Miss Universe is no longer a fair competition. And I fully anticipate the top 21 tonight to be all business related.

With that said, here is my top 21 and some change.

France: Not the best rep but did well enough to make the initial cut.

Cameroon: I understand she competed in two prior pageants. She did exceptional in prelims but unfortunately, I am almost positive she will miss the cut. If they put in an African, it will be South Africa.

Jamaica: Killed ss and gown. Not sure about speaking ability but this island has done well and if Miss Universe 2014 is any indication, Jamaica may be top 5/3 tonight.

Peru: Strong in both ss and gown but like Cameroon likely will be overlooked.

Dominican Republic: Something is off about her face. I wanted so bad for her to be fierce and she brought it in prelims but not quite top notch. I worry about interview but could get in to keep the number of blacks equitable.

Czech Republic: I am always attracted to the girls from this country and this years rep did not disappoint. One of the stronger runway walks but again, I feel like it was enough to get her in.

Nepal: Came to win! I am not against this country outplacing Indonesia, Philippines, and Thailand, she is more attractive and was strong in both ss and gown. I anticipate interview was strong as well. She should be in but will cut at top 5.

Curacao: I understand what others say about her mouth, its the teeth. Its like her adult teeth never grew in. With that said, you cannot overlook her face, ss and gown presentations.

Iceland: I would be elated if this girl places (do not change the gown). Like Czech Republic, Iceland has an equally strong runway walk. That gown was top notch! Love the hair and strong face.

Thailand: Ugghh not my favorite rep from the country. But unlike her other asian competitors, she is the most genuine and humble. I see her being cut at top 5.

USA: Never doubt Miss USA! I will admit the Asya played us hard. She easily won SS and I would venture to say that had she been allowed to wear a gown of her choosing, likely would been top 10 in the field. Unfortunately, unless she ditches the trash by Sheri Hill, Asya will be cut a top 5.

Argentina: Long legs, beautiful gown. I would not be surprised to see her cause an upset to the latina girls, though not sure about interview?

Brazil: Many are predicting a Brazilian win. I would not be surprised to see her top 5, she also seems very humble.

Mexico: Like Brazil, likely going to be top 5 and would not be surprised if she wins. But as Basketball fan pointed out, she is a Miss World runner up, hopefully that keeps her out of top 5. But I have already prepared myself for a win from this country. 

Puerto Rico: If you cut off her face, there is a beautiful body. With the face, she looks like a 50 year QVC host running the midnight shift begging people to buy plush sheets for 19.99. Paula will reward Denise with a top 21 placement but the rest is dependent upon how the other 20 girls perform. I will be livid if she wins tonight!!!

Singapore: If there is anyone who came out of nowhere, it is this girl. As long as I have been watching Miss Universe, i do not think I have ever had Singapore in my top 25 let alone on a final list. Loved the gown and strong ss body. Strong interview from what I saw on video. Unfortunately, I am positive Paula will ensure she will not get in but will be elated if she gets in over
Philippines. 

Nicaragua: Strong ss and gown. 

India: This country is hit or miss with me. Like others, not the strongest rep but more genuine than Philippines. She should get in but if she makes top 5, prepare ourselves for a win. 

Venezuela: Ughh like Puerto Rico, I am not sold on this girl and definitely one of the weaker girls from the country. But she did not well enough in ss and gown and like Puerto Rico, Paula will reward their former universe director. 

Costa Rica: Strong in ss and gown. Should get in but will get at top 10. 

Panama: Like Costa Rica, strong in both ss and gown but likely will get cut early. 

Canada: Ughh why or why. So Canada and Philippines are neck and neck on my list. But all eyes point to Canada for multiple reasons. She is black, end of story. Unfortunately, she talks the language of Paula and her all female led organization. Even worse the selection panel would likely be all for her fraud story. But truth me told, Nova is a lie! Yes, you are for BLM, truth be told, you are African! Africans do not experience the same level of racism as we as Black americans do. And many Africans think they are better than black americans: I guarantee you in her head she thinks she is better than Asya though she will never say it out loud. Why did Nova change her name? Why did she suddenly go to Sudan and see her family? She is a fraud! Top 21 is hers but if Paula crowns her, I will be livid and call foul. I have a feeling Nova has some skeletons in her closet and reality, she is not pretty. With that said, her ss and gown were strong enough and I know she won over the female democrat BLM selection committee. 

Who is the trash?

PHILIPPINES: I have tried my best to be open minded knowing  that this country will be hyped to death. And for the most part in the last 10 years, I have accepted. Even MJ was more likeable than this trash. Rabiya comes across as the most narcissistic, arrogant, cry baby I have ever seen at any level of competition. Maybe a good comparison is Tonya Harding during her abysmal olympic performance in 1994. Rabiya is the fakest of them off. And truth be told many people are including her on their lists because they are scared of the filipino queens. It has been sickening to watch videos where they proclaim Rabiya won ss and gown, NOT! She was passable in SS but that gown was absolutely horrid. With that said, like Venezuela and Puerto Rico, Paula will reward Shamsey and the country has put forth millions of sponsor dollars. Rabiya is in but she will forever hold the title of Miss Trash Universe. I do not see her winning so that is the only thing that gives me pleasure. 

SOUTH AFRICA: Like Philippines, I have tried to like this girl. Yes, she has a pretty face but that's about it. Like so many other girls this year, she is THE weakest rep from the country in quite some years. Her gown was just as bad as Rabiya if not worse. It was too much going on for someone so short. With that said, like everyone else Paula will ensure she gets in. I am sure she has a different gown for tonight  so would not be surprised to see her in the top 5. Interview should be strong which will guarantee a high final placement. Like so many others, I will be livid if she wins. And for that matter, I will be livid in Philippines or South Africa make top 5!

Soft Spots:

Italy: Miss Congeniality! She should get in just for having fun on stage. Surprises like her (ala Paraguay 2006) end up doing well. I would be elated to hear her name called. 

Romania: The face! I was not sold on ss or gown and worried about interview but if she gets the call I will verbatim apologize to Sierra B. for calling her fat at Miss Universe LOL 

Bahamas: Another face! Easily top 10 in ss but the gown looked like something from a Selena show in 1992. Bahamas did well enough to get the call but it will not happen. 

Indonesia: Do not understand the hype of her or Vietnam. I feel like people are just in a mindset to include these girls in lists. With that said, I would not be shocked if she is in but will not make top 5. 

British Virgin Islands: This island usually sends some of the most unattractive and unprepared girls; however, this years rep was confident. She will not get the call but well done in ss an gown. 

Ghana: I would take her over Canada. Like Italy, Ghana had a great time on stage. But her styling was horrific. 

Thats is folks. Time to go to Publix and get my food for dinner. Collard greens, fried chicken, and mac and cheese!! Yes I am black and its sunday :) 

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Streaks, Droughts, Updated Rankings for 2020

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:35:35 05/16/21 Sun

Streaks of 5 or More Years
5 years: USA (1952-1956), Greece (1956-1960), Israel (1958-1962), Korea (1959-1963), Japan (1969-1973), Mexico (2004-2008), Australia (2008-2012), Venezuela (2011-2015)
6 years: Sweden (1954-1959), Israel (1964-1969), Colombia (1973-1978), Thailand (2015-)
7 years: Brazil (1954-1960), Sweden (1964-1970), Brazil (1967-1973), USA (2003-2009)
8 years: Finland (1962-1969)
10 years: Germany (1952-1961), Brazil (2011-), USA (2011-)
11 years: India (1992-2002), Philippines (2010-)
18 years: USA (1958-1975)
21 years: Venezuela (1983-2003)
22 years: USA (1977-1998)

Active streaks 2 or 3 years
2019-: Mexico, Peru, India, Dominican Republic, Colombia, France
2018-: Puerto Rico, Indonesia, Vietnam

Droughts 10 or More Years
10 years: Finland (1952-1962), Netherlands (1967-1977), Mexico (1978-1988), Canada (1985-1995), Czech Republic (1993-2003), Switzerland (1994-2004), Canada (2006-2016), Vietnam (2008-2018), Iceland (2009-2019), Guatemala (2010-), Czech Republic (2010-)
11 years: Dominican Republic (1977-1988), Belgium (1981-1992), South Africa (1984-1995), Namibia (1992-2003), Australia (1993-2004), Italy (1997-2008), Philippines (1999-2010), Sweden (2009-)
12 years: Australia (1953-1965), Canada (1968-1980), Guam (1970-1982), Italy (1970-1982), Hong Kong (1976-1988), Greece (1982-1994), Serbia & Montenegro (1991-2003), Ireland (1998-2010)
13 years: Hong Kong (1954-1967), Belgium (1959-1972), Haiti (1962-1975), South Africa (1965-1978), Switzerland (1970-1983), Japan (1975-1988), Ireland (1985-1998), Germany (1989-2002), Paraguay (1991-2004), Korea (2007-), Tanzania (2007-), Denmark (2007-), Slovenia (2007-)
14 years: Chile (1990-2004), Norway (1990-2004), Paraguay (2006-), Bolivia (2006-), Trinidad & Tobago (2006-), Ethiopia (2006-)
15 years: Scotland (1961-1976), Curacao (1976-1991), Japan (1988-2003), Israel (2005-), Latvia (2005-), Greece (2005-), Norway (2005-)
16 years: Thailand (1968-1984), India (1974-1990), Australia (1976-1992), Bolivia (1990-2006), Chile (2004-)
17 years: Korea (1963-1980), Panama (1980-1997), Belgium (1992-2009), Serbia (2003-), Namibia (2003-)
18 years: Iceland (1962-1980), New Zealand (1962-1980), Trinidad & Tobago (1977-1995), Thailand (1988-2006), Curacao (1997-2015), Ghana (1999-2017), Nigeria (2001-2019), Cyprus (2002-), Germany (2002-)
19 years: Korea (1988-2007), Netherlands (1992-2011)
20 years: Panama (1954-1974), El Salvador (1955-1975), Czechoslovakia (1970-1990), France (1971-1991), El Salvador (1975-1995), Estonia (2000-), Zimbabwe (2000-)
21 years: Botswana (1999-)
22 years: Mexico (1956-1978), Yugoslavia (1969-1991), Aruba (1974-1996), Turkey (1990-2012)
23 years: Israel (1978-2001), Ecuador (1981-2004), Poland (1989-2012)
24 years: Aruba (1996-), Finland (1996-), El Salvador (1996-)
25 years: Uruguay (1957-1982)
26 years: Bolivia (1964-1990), Guatemala (1984-2010), Slovak Republic (1994-)
27 years: Poland (1959-1986), Paraguay (1964-1991), Argentina (1979-2006)
28 years: New Zealand (1992-)
29 years: Guatemala (1955-1984), Iceland (1980-2009)
30 years: Nicaragua (1977-2007), Great Britain (1983-2013)
32 years: Hong Kong (1988-)
33 years: Singapore (1987-), Turks & Caicos (1987-)
34 years: Democratic Republic of the Congo (1986-)
35 years: Uruguay (1985-)
37 years: Turkey (1953-1990)
38 years: Guam (1982-)
39 years: Denmark (1967-2006), Tahiti (1981-)
41 years: Haiti (1975-2016), Bermuda (1979-), Belize (1979-)
43 years: Austria (1977-)
47 years: Lebanon (1973-)
49 years: US Virgin Islands (1971-)
50 years: Costa Rica (1954-2004), Malaysia (1970-)
56 years: Taiwan (1964-)
62 years: Sri Lanka (1955-2017), Suriname (1958-)
63 years: Cuba (1957-), Morocco (1957-)
65 years: Honduras (1955-)
Angola will join this group in 2021.

Miss Universe Rankings (Based on Results in the Medal Round)
1. USA: 8 wins, 9 1st RU, 7 2nd RU
2. Venezuela: 7 wins, 6 1st RU, 7 2nd RU
3. Puerto Rico: 5 wins, 2 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
4. Philippines: 4 wins, 2 1st RU
5. South Africa: 3 wins, 2 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
6. Sweden: 3 wins, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
7. Mexico: 3 wins, 2 2nd RU
8. Colombia: 2 wins, 6 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
9. Brazil: 2 wins, 6 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
10. Finland: 2 wins, 3 1st RU, 5 2nd RU
11. Australia: 2 wins, 1 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
12. Japan, India, Canada: 2 wins, 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
15. Trinidad & Tobago, Thailand: 2 wins, 1 2nd RU
17. France: 2 wins
18. Spain: 1 win, 2 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
19. Dominican Republic: 1 win, 1 1st RU, 2 2nd RU
20. Greece, Norway: 1 win, 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
22. Germany, Netherlands: 1 win, 1 1st RU
24. Israel, Argentina, Peru, New Zealand: 1 win, 1 2nd RU
28. Russia, Chile, Angola, Namibia, Lebanon, Botswana: 1 win
34. Italy, Wales: 2 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
36: Haiti: 2 1st RU
37. England: 1 1st RU, 3 2nd RU
38. Ukraine, Scotland, Jamaica, Austria, Hawaii: 1 1st RU, 1 2nd RU
43. Korea, Aruba, Curacao, Panama, El Salvador, Iceland, Guam, Denmark, Bermuda: 1 1st RU
52. Ireland: 2 2nd RU
53: Hong Kong, Switzerland, China, Ecuador, Kosovo, Zaire, Sri Lanka, USSR: 1 2nd RU

Last edited by author: Mon May 17, 2021 01:28:48   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.