VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

November 7, 2020
Miss Teen USA 2020

November 9, 2020
Miss USA 2020

Miss USA State Pageant Dates for 2021 State Titles (subject to change)

September 26-27, 2020
Miss Idaho USA/ Idaho Teen USA
Miss Montana USA/Montana Teen USA

November 21-22, 2020
Miss Oregon USA/Oregon Teen USA
Miss Washington USA/Washington Teen USA

December 9, 2020
Miss Hawaii Teen USA

December 10, 2020
Miss Hawaii USA

January 2-3, 2021
Miss Arizona USA/Arizona Teen USA

January 9-10, 2021
Miss Alabama USA/Alabama Teen USA
Miss DC USA/DC Teen USA
Miss Virginia USA/Virginia Teen USA

January 15-16, 2021
Miss Louisiana USA/Louisiana Teen USA

Feb 6-7, 2020
Miss New Hampshire USA/New Hampshire Teen USA

Feb 18-20, 2021
Miss Georgia USA/Georgia Teen USA

Feb 26-27, 2021
Miss Kentucky USA/Kentucky Teen USA

February 26-28, 2021
Miss Connecticut USA/Connecticut Teen USA

Feb 28, 2021
Miss Nebraska USA/Nebraska Teen USA
March 5-6, 2021
Miss No. Carolina USA/No. Carolina Teen USA
Miss So. Carolina USA/So. Carolina Teen USA

March 7, 2021
Miss Missouri USA/Missouri Teen USA
Miss Nevada USA/Nevada Teen USA
Miss Vermont USA/Vermont Teen USA

March 12-13, 2021
Miss Mississippi USA/Mississippi Teen USA
Miss Tennessee USA/Tennessee Teen USA

March 13-14, 2021
Miss Massachusetts USA/Teen USA

March 27, 2021
Miss Utah USA/Utah Teen USA

March 28, 2021
Miss Illinois USA/Illinois Teen USA
Miss Maine USA/Teen USA

April 11, 2021
Miss Kansas USA/Kansas Teen USA

April 17-18,2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA
Miss Oklahoma USA/Oklahoma Teen USA

May 23, 2021
Miss Arkansas USA/Arkansas Teen USA

May 28 - 30, 2021
Miss Texas USA/Texas Teen USA
Dates to be Announced
Alaska
California
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Subject: Miss USA & Miss Teen USA 2020 - Nov 9th and 7th, 2020 - Memphis, TN

Author:
Okawa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:51:01 08/30/20 Sun

Looks like we have a date and location for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA 2020. November 7th for Teen and November 9th for Miss. It will be at Graceland in Memphis, TN.

Here's the link to the event.

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.graceland.com/calendar-of-events/event/2013281">https://www.graceland.com/calendar-of-events/event/2013281</a>

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: FYI, This Will Be The Audience At Miss USA 2020

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:49:08 08/31/20 Mon

*cue the clap track*

Replies:
Subject: Audience Reaction

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:28 08/24/20 Mon

Many of us have expressed our pleasure or displeasure with the outcome of a pageant. My question is, can you name an audience that was pleased or not pleased with the outcome of a pageant or the placement/non-placement of a contestant? I will go first, Miss Universe 1978. The audience was not happy with Miss Columbia's 3rd RU placement. Can you contribute?

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://youtu.be/4mnboMgeJOs">https://youtu.be/4mnboMgeJOs</a>

I'm attempting to insert the Miss Universe 1978 crowning moment. If it does not take, anyone who is able to insert a video may repost or add the video in their comments. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: MISS USA: NOV 9 2020

Author:
HNJxx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:35 08/02/20 Sun

Fit Body by Angelo, fitness sponsor for a number of states, just posted an instagram shoutout to Asya Branch (Mississippi). In it, he says she is “definitely on track for Nov 9, 2020 Miss USA pageant.”

Looks like someone didn’t know that wasn’t announced yet!

Replies:
Subject: https://thetodaynews.com.pk/latest/whats-it-like-to-live-with-a-beauty-queen-ask-miss-universe-she-rooms-with-miss-usa/

Author:
D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:17 08/31/20 Mon

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://thetodaynews.com.pk/latest/whats-it-like-to-live-with-a-beauty-queen-ask-miss-universe-she-rooms-with-miss-usa/">https://thetodaynews.com.pk/latest/whats-it-like-to-live-with-a-beauty-queen-ask-miss-universe-she-rooms-with-miss-usa/</a>

Replies:
Subject: Choose one Opening Number from each MUO pageant - USA, Universe, Teen - that you thought was cool, crazy and exciting all at the same time and maybe thought, that choreography is way too much for me to do. I chose MISS USA 1988 as my winner. How do you do kicks, quick steps and everything else while wearing a skintight mini skirt provided by the J.C. Penney Company! My MISS UNIVERSE winner would be from 1984. All the pomp and circumstance, along with a popular hit back from the day. Being pro-Mai, she never stopped moving during the entire opening. That hair just bounced! And for TEEN, as if their screams were not enough, the 1987 opening with "I Wonder Who's Hot Tonight", those girls just moved with so much energy and enthusiasm, all while wearing their state costumes. Kristi Lynn Addis in an antebellum dress and moving that way like that? Neat. What's yours?

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:46 08/26/20 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed August 26, 2020 19:43:07   Edited 4 times.

Replies:
Subject: Best swimsuit body ever at Miss USA?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:28 08/25/20 Tue

Who had the best body in swimsuit?

I am going to say Shandi. I was actually not a huge fan of hers, but I had to admit that she was right on the money, and I grew to like her over time.

Also, in many of the years that followed this (say, 2006 to 2012) they rewarded bodies that were way too thin, in my option (Alyssa, Olivia C.) but Shandi looked very fit without being too thin or overly muscular.

Replies:
Subject: Who do you think of when you think of a pageant patty?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:07 08/14/20 Fri

This was inspired by a discussion in another thread, but who is your go-to pageant patty?

What do we even mean by "pageant patty"? To me, that means someone who seems overly prepared and robotic, with every single hair in place and a fake perky persona.

The first MUO contestant who occurs to me is Shauna Gambill, Miss California 1998. I know she has lots of fans, but she always seemed "too much" in my book. I was glad Shawnae Jebbia won that year; she was an anti-patty if ever there was one. Just compare their noses! :-)

Last edited by author: Fri August 14, 2020 21:08:44   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: RE: Miss Teen USA 2000

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:42 08/17/20 Mon

Someone please tell me what was Nicole O'Brien thinking by her outrage at not winning. I watched that pageant and I dont understand why or how she made it to 1st runner up to begin with Even Julie and Ali said she was very Cocky regarding one of her answers to the questions when she said "I made it and you didnt" I found her reaction an embarrassment to the state of texas

Clearly Kristen Johnson should have been 1st runner up I specifically watched Miss USA 2003 ans wanted to see her reaction because I knew she wasnt going to win after she placed top5 Someone must have told her to be an adult

Replies:
Subject: QUARAN-TUNZI-NG

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:37 08/19/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Honorable Mentions

Author:
DMac
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:27 08/26/20 Wed

I remember that the MUO pageants used to name the 11-15th placements (before they switched to the top 15). I believe preliminary scores were not available. Does anyone have a list of the ones which were announced? Seems to me like Netherlands was one for MU 2002??

Replies:
Subject: Okay folks, just give me a name. No explanation!

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:56:41 08/15/20 Sat

In MUO history, who is the most beautiful

1. Miss USA

2. Miss Venezuela

3. Miss Puerto Rico

4. Miss Colombia

5. Miss Philippines

6. Miss India

Replies:
Subject: The List. We need to discuss this list.

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:27:40 08/26/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Watching miss va 1993 Andrea Balangee won ( she is a former va teen usa) anyway she lost the title 3 weeks later. Did a google nothing much listed

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:53:33 08/23/20 Sun

Replies:
Subject: I'm borrowing this subject from the Guru Board (MAO) because it was a really fun, trivial topic. Please play along!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:27 08/19/20 Wed

From your state, name the following:

1. Top 5 from your state who could've won Miss USA

2. Top 6/10 from your state who could've won Miss USA

3. Semi-finalist from your state who should've advanced at Miss USA

4. Non-finalist from your state who could've done well at Miss USA

5. A state contestant who never won your state, but could've done well at Miss USA

6. A headscratcher who won your state

Last edited by author: Wed August 19, 2020 11:31:29   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA and Miss Universe Trivia

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:57 08/19/20 Wed

1. Name two Miss USA contestants where the host asked them
to blow a kiss to their boyfriends during their
SF interview.

2. Name two Miss Universe contestants which read the palm
of the host during their SF interview.

Bonus: Name a Miss Universe contestant who said during her SF interview she won a house for winning her national crown.

Replies:
Subject: MISS UNIVERSE BRAZIL

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:20 08/20/20 Thu

The new Miss Universe Brazil is Julia Gama of Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul state.
Julia, who was also Miss Brazil World in 2014 (she placed in the Top 11 at Miss World that year), is the 2nd Brazilian woman to hold the two main beauty titles in her country.

Last edited by author: Thu August 20, 2020 20:59:04   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: I've read some comments here that Brazil has been doing good all these years but will never win in IMG era because they neither speak English or Spanish. Well...

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:18 08/21/20 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri August 21, 2020 20:13:25   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: what do Ali Landry and Maya Walker have in common?

Author:
ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:36 08/22/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: TOP 10 HIGHEST PUBLICIZED PRELIMINARY AVERAGE SCORES @ MISS UNIVERSE

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:36 08/06/20 Thu

The following video highlights the contestants who achieved the top 10 highest publicized preliminary average scores (swimsuit, interview, evening gown) at Miss Universe.

For those of you who do not wish to view the video, here is the breakdown:

**** The uploader claims there is a 3-way tie for 5th place but actually, there is only a 2-way tie ****

10. Rea Toutounzi (Greece), MU 1994, Score: 9.256, Prelim Rank: 2nd, Final Placement: 10th
9. Carolina Gomez (Colombia), MU 1994, Score: 9.268, Prelim Rank: 1st, Final Placement: 1st RU
8. Leila Schuster (Brazil), MU 1993, Score: 9.287, Prelim Rank: 1st, Final Placement: 7th
7. Arlene Peterkin (TnT), MU 1995, Score: 9.310, Prelim Rank: 4th, Final Placement: 4th
6. Alicia Machado (Venezuela), MU 1996), Score: 9.320, Prelim Rank: 2nd, Final Placement: Winner
5. TIE (not really) Tatiana Castro (Colombia), MU 1995, Score: 9.330, Prelim Rank: 3rd, Final Placement: 10th
5. TIE Desiree Lowry (Puerto Rico), MU 1995, Score: 9.333, Prelim Rank: 2nd, Final Placement: 5th
5. TIE Lia Victoria Borrero (Panama), MU 1997, Score: 9.333, Prelim Rank: 2nd, Final Placement: 6th
4. Chelsi Smith (USA), MU 1995, Score: 9.340, Prelim Rank: 1st, Final Placement: Winner
3. Ali Landry (USA), MU 1996, Score: 9.350, Prelim Rank: 1st, Final Placement: 6th
2. Verna Vasquez (Curacao), MU 1997, Score: 9.410, Prelim Rank 1st, Final Placement: 4th
1. Carolina Iszak (Venezuela), MU 1992, Score: 9.477, Prelim Rank: 1st, Final Placement: 4th

What I find intriguing is that in the days when the same panel of judges scored the ladies in both prelims and finals, only THREE (3) of the above contestants managed to crack into the Top 3 in their respective years with 2 of them eventually winning!

Furthermore, CHELSI SMITH (RIP) of the USA is the ONLY Miss Universe contestant to achieve a 1st place publicized prelim rank to eventually go on to win the crown!

Last edited by author: Thu August 06, 2020 22:59:45   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: Apparently

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:51 08/20/20 Thu

MUO had their eyes on these three for the 2019 Universe crown:

USA
Iceland
Puerto Rico

Discuss

Replies:
Subject: What was your "oh sh*t, she's going to win" moment?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:00 08/17/20 Mon

Who is an example of a contestant that you didn't particularly love, but just knew she was going to win at a certain moment in the pageant?

For me, it was Miss Universe 2006. I was not a big fan of Puerto Rico, but as soon as I saw her in the swimsuit competition, I said "oh sh*t, she's going to win." She was actually the first contestant in SS, but she was right on the money and none of the 19 contestants after her could match her.

I have to say Zuleyka is a perfect example of someone I didn't love, but I felt like she did everything necessary to win that particular pageant and I agree with her win.

Who is your "oh sh*t, she's going to win" contestant, and when was the moment that you knew?

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.