VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
Subject: None other than Catriona Gray, Miss Universe 2018, eversince the pageant kick off.. i was like.. oh wait Mr.Chavit , are you shoving this gaga over our throat? not to mention his daughter Singson and her fellow Filipino designer Lhuiller sat as judges. i only watched the first cut announcement of top 20. then i was like shit..ok she is going to win.

Author:
Lava Gown is a Copycat from Paris Hilton's gown 2017 edition.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:17:05 08/21/20 Fri
In reply to: Doot 's message, "What was your "oh sh*t, she's going to win" moment?" on 20:43:00 08/17/20 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Hahaha. Hater alert. That gown was perfection on her. I donít know the Paris Hilton gown you are talking about but that doesnít matter. She killed it in the finals night.

Author:
Arkenken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:23:22 08/21/20 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Catriona really epitomizes the "its hers to lose" sensation. In these days of social media, we get to see them from not only Day Zero but months, if not years, before. The girl has Miss Universe written all over her. But damn, Tamaryn Green gave her a run for her money---for a back to back no less!

Author:
Tamaryn's gown troubles sealed the deal, destiny was speaking at that moment.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:25 08/21/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful EG aesthetic than Tamaryn Green in that dress. The fact that she couldn't walk in it sure did seem like fate to me as well. Just wasn't in the cards with her. A smooth walk and I think she would have been undeniable (admittedly, this is coming from someone who thinks Catriona is way overrated).

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:30 08/21/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: It is not just the gown apparently! Werner did a live interview a few weeks ago (he is the national director, I think, of SA) and he said that From the hair to the shoes went wrong during the finals telecast. I have always wondered why Tamaryn has kind of a wacky hair (the pony tail was too high and too big and her hair too long) and that was because whoever the stylist was didnít know what to do with that hair and literally was able to style Tamaryn at the last minute. They didnít cut the hair extension and put it wrong. I think it was also the reason why the gem whatever that is on its shoes latched on the gown. So it literally ripped when she was walking. There is no doubt that Tamaryn is one of the most beautiful runner up but it was a head scratcher for me why she advanced to top 5. I thought her performance was mediocre.

Author:
No hate for Tamaryn here. I thought she was an amazing candidate. I just thought that she was overscored that night.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:26:30 08/21/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Here is the video i was talking about. She talked about meeting Pia Wurtzbach, Melinda Bam, how Rolene Strauss taught Pia how to do the Rolene curl etc. lots of insights.

Author:
Arkenken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:23 08/21/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: https://youtu.be/kHAjv221gIo sorry did not post the link. Lol

Author:
Arkenken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:16 08/21/20 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.