VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Favorite little pageant moment?

Author:
Old timer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:20:14 07/10/17 Mon

What is your favorite little moment at an MUO pageant? It could be something that not too many people noticed.

One of mine is at the end of Miss Universe 1982 after Miss Canada, Karen Baldwin, has been crowned as Miss Universe. She goes up to the throne and Miss Guam (who was a somewhat surprising first runner-up) helps her to straighten her crown and gives her a very sincere congratulations. I've always remembered that.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: teen 95 when melina hugs keeley

Author:
betty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:18:35 07/11/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Miss USSR during the 1991 Miss universe evening crown competition. Loved it when she sniffs the rose and then her score appears and the audience lets out a loud cheer The background music totally matched the scene

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:06:46 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: A classic moment. I remember wondering about that cheer because it went up just as Miss USSR's very high score was shown, but the audience supposedly didn't see the scores, so I'm not sure what that was about, unless the sound mixer amplified it.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:20 07/11/17 Tue

A classic moment. I remember wondering about that cheer because it went up just as Miss USSR's very high score was shown, but the audience supposedly didn't see the scores, so I'm not sure what that was about, unless the sound mixer amplified it.

[> [> [> Subject: Back then I think the scores were seen by the audience. The very next year when Madhu Supree-Miss India gave her answer about Indira Ghandi and she received nothing but 9.9s and 9.8s, the whole audience reacted very loudly.

Author:
The audience saw her scores and reacted accordingly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:40:42 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I'm sure in 91 and 92 the audience was able to see the scores. At Miss USA 1991, the Kansas audience always let out a roar every time Kelly MCCartys high scores would appear.

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:45 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: That was a great moment!

Author:
PD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:19 07/12/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: #YASS, this was the most iconic and memorable moment.

Author:
BarbieQ!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:01:33 07/15/17 Sat

[> Subject: USA 1987 as Miss Virginia cries as she walks during evening gown. Classic!

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:15:59 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Why was Virginia so emotional? The song? The men and women in uniform? What's the back story if any to her looking to be close to tears at her final pose?

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:10 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Unsure. She was apparently a TEXAN who had tried in Texas before...maybe culmination of a long journey and a personal triumph? Liked it for whichever reason it is!

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:36 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I think she was really nervous. But I loved her, she looked great in that gown

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:32:12 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: Sonya Balomores giving Shelley Hennig a cute little kiss on the cheeck right before Shelley is crowned. Such a sweet moment and a classy reaction from a first runner-up.

Author:
XOXO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:10:09 07/11/17 Tue

[> Subject: This might be considered a big moment... But I'll never forget Philippines at Miss Universe competing against Olivia Culpo. When she got to the end of her evening gown presentation and posed, stared at the camera, then raised her arm up a little to complete her position. I refer to it as the dinosaur arm, and I love it.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:52 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Geez. I was going to write the exact same thing. How do you like that?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:47 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: I loved that moment too. Elegant AF

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:14:36 07/11/17 Tue

[> Subject: Olivia Culpo beating some of the most rabid crazed pageant fans. To me, it was like EVERYTHING evil was beat by good. I've never found more satisfaction in a pageant result.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:07:49 07/11/17 Tue

[> Subject: Kirsten Dalton's evening gown twirls she did at Miss USA & Universe. I still have never seen any one do a better twirl-flow since her.

Author:
Lol!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:34 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: And the twirls were quite daring considering Miss USA falling 2 years in a row!

Author:
PD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:10:15 07/12/17 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Kristen Dalton have a bit of a trip on Miss Universe finals night when the girls were walking back on stage at the end of the evening gown competition.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:27 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: Wardrobe difficulties/malfunctions. Things that happen that are no big deal at the time, but you sure remember it years down the road. Just to name a few from the 90’s: Shannon Marketic’s earring falling off immediately being named Miss USA. Paula Betancourt (Universe 93) shoe getting caught in her dress when called into the top 3. Angie Carpenter’s (Teen USA 94) shoe falling off right before the opening number, Jennifer Makris’ gown getting caught on the staircase.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:25 07/11/17 Tue

[> Subject: Long before I understood what "portions of the pageant were pre-recorded" meant, at MISS USA 1986, Halle Berry clearly introduces herself with full, 80's hair coiffed to perfection. Then during the talent introductions, Tommy Tune is presented and right behind him is Halle Berry in a full sparkled head ornament. I always wondered why she decided to put it on AFTER the parade of states. ohio

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:03 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Wow I didn't know ICEMAN was that old ^^^^

Author:
: )
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:44:30 08/02/17 Wed

[> Subject: MU 1985: Spain and her little sister did a curtsy to each other duirng EG.

Author:
John O.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:10 07/11/17 Tue

[> [> Subject: Halle was lucky she got 1st r.u.

Author:
z
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:54 08/15/17 Tue

[> Subject: Terry Utley's reaction after being named Miss USA '82. Genuinely exuberant! Todate, no one could replicate that genuine reaction. Classic!

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:45 07/12/17 Wed

[> Subject: Olivia Culpo's BreakFast At Tiffany's Homage dressed ala Audrey Hepburn in front of Tiffany & Co store. In fact make that the whole two years Olivia Culpo was Miss USA and Miss Universe!

Author:
LaRealitéD’HierCeLaRealitéD’Aujourd’Hui
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:01:12 07/12/17 Wed

[> Subject: When Miss Zulia 2009 undid her swimsuit wrap, struck a pose and then kicked it up and snatched it effortlessly without breaking her stride. It was magic!

Author:
Honey Boo Boo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:52 07/12/17 Wed

[> Subject: Veruska Ramirez being gracious enough to give Wendy Fitzwilliam a congratulatory kiss despite being run over by a wild and unruly Miss Ghana when the results were announced during Miss Universe 1998.

Author:
BLM = KKK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:42:42 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: My favourite moment was when Amelia Vega was crowned. My parents went out and they left me watching MU by myself and then my boyfriend came and I told him that if Amelia was crowned MU I was going to give him my most precious gift. Amelia won and I had to keep my word. I still remember the moment she was crowned as he literally was all over me in a matter of seconds

Author:
Lina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:31:52 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: WOW......what a story to tell you kids.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:03 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: My daugther is twelve and my son only 9 but I don't think I would be telling them all those details specially no to my daughter

Author:
Lina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:09:19 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Ummm...it was just being faceious

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:11 07/15/17 Sat

[> Subject: When Miss Universe 1979 Maritza Sayalero crowns Shawn Weatherly her successor as Miss Universe 1980.

Author:
Their heads together. Sweet.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:33 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: I have two that stood out for cuteness purposes: 1) 2003 Universe when Daisy Fuentes annouced Venezuela as SA. Loved how Mariangel waited for her to correct and ended up just doing her thing like only a Venezuelan can and 2) when Helen Salas gave us that everlasting moment of intrigue when she skipped her pose for displaying her EG score -- we'll never know how that bubble gum dream played out for the judges!

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:39 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: When Brazil's Martha Vasconcellos was crowned Miss Universe. All throught the show Bob Barker had to ask her supporters to quiet themsleves. They would sing and cheer everytime she was announced. Her victory was monumentous, and her multitude of Brazilian fans broke out with the Brazilian national anthem. She was gorgeous too!

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:11 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: ?

Author:
Lifelong Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:48 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Yes. I have all the videos of Miss USA and Miss Universe that are available.

Author:
pageant pearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:00 07/13/17 Thu

[> Subject: While everyone is busy waving, smiling, and bringing their "A game", Viviana Campanille of Greece not giving a single fcuk during MU 2009 is the best moment in pageantry ever

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:54 07/13/17 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu July 13, 2017 21:24:26   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: LOL

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:16:48 07/19/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: LOL if I know I have no chance in making the cut, I am going to enjoy my 2 week vacation in the Bahamas lol

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:40 08/10/17 Thu

[> Subject: The graciousness of Barbara Palacios Teyde when she turned to applaud as other semifinalists were announced at MUO 1986.

Author:
I was rooting for Christy Fitchner and for Miss Finland that night, but Palacios' grace and interview showed why she won the crown.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:25 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: Thank you for that comment. Barbara is my favorite Miss Universe ever.

Author:
WLADIMIR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:41 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I had the pleasure to meet Barbara and she is lovely. I also met Shawn Weatherly and Irene Saez. All of them were amazing but Irene Saenz stands out. She was almost irreal in person. The videos and photos did not make any justice to her. It was hard for me to stop looking at her. I met her in 1993 so I can't even imagine how impressive she might have been when she was 20. I miss those years when a Miss Universe was meant to be really beautiful

Author:
Louise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:06 07/14/17 Fri

[> Subject: Rachel Smith making top 5 at Universe over Mexico

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:39:50 07/13/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: glad subpar mexico got the axe but i would have preferred tanzania or angola making the top 5 instead of rachel.

Author:
there is one task in eg and that is to walk. rachel didn't do it yet was rewarded for it.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:28:30 08/08/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: There was something that she slipped on.

Author:
I loved Rachel - great title holder
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:21:27 08/10/17 Thu

[> Subject: Another favorite humorous moment I loved was when Angie Dickerson scolded Laura Herring for saying "good night" too soon at the end of Miss USA 1989. Actually Angie Dickenson as co host was a hoot since she seemed like she had a few drinks before the show. I still love it when she says "2? 5? All 10? You lie..."

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:34 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: All the other contestants surrounding the crowned Erin Brady and jumping up and down

Author:
in excitement
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:21 07/14/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Has anyone else ever noticed that the 10 semifinalists in 1989 could all be sisters? More than any other year, those semifinalists all had a certain look, even beyond any differences in hair color, hairstyles, etc. Watch Dick Clark calling the Top 10 on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Author:
Old Timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:48 07/14/17 Fri

Has anyone else ever noticed that the 10 semifinalists in 1989 could all be sisters? More than any other year, those semifinalists all had a certain look, even beyond any differences in hair color, hairstyles, etc. Watch Dick Clark calling the Top 10 on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

[> [> [> Subject: Every single woman in that top 10 was truly beautiful. In fact, the exact same could be said of that year's Miss Universe semi-finalists. Miss USA 1987, 1988 and 1990 had really gorgeous semi-finalists, too. I miss those days so much and will always be grateful that I got to experience them as a pageant fan. Those were the days when it was expected that beauty queens would be, well, beautiful.

Author:
MDS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:27 07/15/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: The host Angie Dickerson is one beautiful beauty. Loved when she said "you lie" too. The women in the 50's & 60's had a beautiful slang language of their own.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:10:43 07/19/17 Wed

The host Angie Dickerson is one beautiful beauty. Loved when she said "you lie" too. The women in the 50's & 60's had a beautiful slang language of their own.

[> [> Subject: To Cali Dude: I loved that little "Angie" moment too, when she said "you lie." She sounded just like a friend of mine who is a doctor's 4th trophy wife. She gets regularly tanked every Friday night.

Author:
No Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:15:47 07/19/17 Wed

[> Subject: Interesting thread, let's see...Christie Cole reacting when she heard TN called into top 5 , thinking it was her (the 'T' sound threw her off) in Teen 98; Chelsie Smith & Manpreet Brar laughing about something right b4 Chelsie was crowned (anyone know what it was?); Miss Mexico's face when the last semifinalist was called in Universe '97--I felt so badly; CA dropping her swimsuit wrap during USA '05--she handled that Oh so well...I know there are so many more moments!

Author:
Fl fan '17
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:10 07/17/17 Mon

Go Florida!

[> [> Subject: These are good ones! I remember when CA dropped her sarong, and I was afraid one of the later contestants would wipe out on it. (New York came close!) I forgave CA somewhat because she was such a gracious 1st runner up. When Chelsea was named Miss USA, you can see CA congratulate her and say "good job!"

Author:
Old Timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:48 07/17/17 Mon

These are good ones! I remember when CA dropped her sarong, and I was afraid one of the later contestants would wipe out on it. (New York came close!) I forgave CA somewhat because she was such a gracious 1st runner up. When Chelsea was named Miss USA, you can see CA congratulate her and say "good job!"

[> Subject: Pauline winning Miss Universe over Nia who thought she had it in the bag

Author:
lmao
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:40 07/17/17 Mon

[> Subject: Miss Kenya's top 13 intro speech with Steve. She was such an amazing woman and the dark horse contestant of Miss Universe this year, along with Haiti.

Author:
QI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:21:21 07/18/17 Tue

[> Subject: Nia and Audria´s faces when Georgia was named 2nd RU

Author:
you can tell they were excited!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:38 07/22/17 Sat

[> Subject: Remember early in the Teen USA years when a contestant fell to her knees on a very steep staircase during evening gown? That girl was so poised!

Author:
She was cool and calm even in that moment.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:32 07/22/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Which year?

Author:
Vegas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:16:47 08/01/17 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: 1984---Miss North Dakota fell. The girls had to come down a REALLY steep set of stairs. Hawaii was first and made it down fine; North Dakota was second and fell. After that, the two young men stationed at the foot of the steps to give each a flower moved further up and assisted the girls.

Author:
But North Dakota recovered well!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:11 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: The gown competition is on You Tube.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:51 08/04/17 Fri

[> Subject: Another memorable moment was at Miss America 1991 when Miss Delaware was emotional during the rendition of "This is The Moment"

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:20 07/29/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: I agree, Cali Dude! Loved this -- I believe the non-finalist talent winners had just been announced so she'd just found out she was recognized for her baton twirling.

Author:
We're on the same wavelength! Lisa Marie Munzert...& that is, of course, Shannon Noelle DuPuy -- now quite famous as Shannon Bream!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:13 08/01/17 Tue

[> Subject: Miss Teen USA 2000 when NOB stomped her foot and swore when she was named 1st RU

Author:
PF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:16 07/30/17 Sun

[> Subject: At Teen USA last weekend. When Oregon was called into Top 15 and she walked past her spot. Loved her spontaneity of laughing at herself when she realized her mistake.

Author:
Katie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:39 08/01/17 Tue

[> Subject: Duhh, MUO's scripted error at Universe 2015. Man I can't believe there are still fools who believe Steve Harvey made a mistake because he is human. LOL.

Author:
lolling
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:11:53 08/02/17 Wed

[> Subject: Margaret Gardner showing up to Miss Universe 2006 and watching all the pageant fans try to get her picture. And she is beautiful

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:35:59 08/02/17 Wed

[> Subject: Miriam Quiambao's evening gown presentation during the finals. She was perfection!

Author:
Canada Goose
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:41 08/02/17 Wed

[> Subject: Sushmita's Sens final answer in the 1994 Miss Universe Pageant. I was hoping a Miss India would win their first Miss Universe and when Sushmita made the final three, I was saying she can do this, just give us one of those answers the Indians are known for giving, and she did and won Miss Universe!

Author:
<\\\><
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:16 08/02/17 Wed

[> [> Subject: I wish Sushmita and Carolina would have competed in different years. That was one of my favorite top 2's in Miss Universe history.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:27 08/03/17 Thu

[> Subject: Miss Poland '86 not realizing she was called into semi-finals, Miss Venezuela '87 translator goofing up her recipe for "ropa vieja" by calling it dirty clothes, Bob Barker thinking Cecilia Bolocco was going to make him a dress because that same translator messed up again, Miss Rhode Island Teen USA '89 introducing herself in Japanese, and Miss China 2002 saying "Look me!"

Author:
Ciao500
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:01:16 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: Please correct me if I am wrong but I think the translator messed it up twice with Miss Venezuela.. he also said that she said she was making him a dress .. it was actually Miss Veenzuela again

Author:
Conchita Miranda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:51 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: The translator didn't mess it up twice with Miss Venezuela, Ines Maria Calero, when she afirmed that the blond girl wanted to make a dress for Barker. That's what she said indeed. It was an insight joke because he actually had worn a woman dress for a private costume party they had thrown before. The problem was that the peculiar incident was not clarified during the interview. What was for sure a big mistake from the translator was to assure that the dish "Ropa vieja" was "a specialty from (Calero's) country". It was from the Canary Islands, place of origin of Ines' parents.

Author:
WLADIMIR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:44:25 08/07/17 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: "Ropa Vieja " is a Cuban national dish.. Miss Venezuelan's parents were originally from Cuba .. not from Canaries Island

Author:
Just letting you know
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:03:42 08/10/17 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: And you should investigate the origin of the dish and the nationality of Ines; parents before letting me know.

Author:
WLADIMIR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:02 08/10/17 Thu

[> Subject: another favorite was when Miss India 1990 was called in the top 10 and was shocked. Carole Gist had to shake her out of it

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:58 08/04/17 Fri

[> [> Subject: I loved India (Suzanne Sablok) in 1990. She should have advanced to the top 6 instead of Chile.She paved the way for India's success in the 90s.

Author:
TLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:25 08/06/17 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Suzanne is my favourite Miss India ever! So naturally beautiful, a great swimsuit figure, a Hollywood gown and her personality wasn't fake or contrived like the post Sushmita Sen girls who were trained to spew out philosophical nonsense.

Author:
<3 SUZANNE!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:30:14 08/08/17 Tue

[> Subject: Miss America 1990..when Debbye Turner is called as one of the final two, miss Oklahoma is giving her a big hug and Miss Pennsylvania darts in from the side and embraces her like crazy. Such a dramatic moment esp with the climatic music in the background matching the scene. Also when Miss Pennsylvania is called in the top 10, she plants a kiss on Miss Washington's lips, who gives her this WTF look

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:01 08/04/17 Fri

Last edited by author: Sat August 05, 2017 05:35:21   Edited 2 times.

[> Subject: shocking moment was 1998 Miss USA The 1st time ever 2 Miss Teen USA's competed together and Iowa wasnt called yet she was the commentator the year shuna Gambill won Very odd

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:49 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> Subject: Actually it wasn't the first time two Miss Teen USA winners competed together. In the early years Miss Teen USA could also compete at Miss USA if she met the age requirements. So if you were Miss Teen USA at age 15 or 16 you couldn't compete then, but you could a couple years later if you chose too. I know this happened at least once in the mid to late 1980's.

Author:
But I do see your point about two former Miss Teen USA titleholders competing after winning a state Miss title.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:24 08/05/17 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: It was Miss USA 1984. Miss Teen USA '83 & Miss Teen USA '84 both competed, but neither made the finals.

Author:
Not sure how many years Miss Teen also competed at Miss USA.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:39 08/05/17 Sat

[> Subject: Miss teen usa pageant 2007

Author:
Just enjoyed the whole thing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:41 08/06/17 Sun

[> Subject: In Miss Universe 1991, Miss Netherlands, Pauline Huizinga, talked about working at a gas station and about Madonna's traffic cone-bra as an inspiration for the fashion line she wanted to create. She was an unconventional beauty, and I was happy she was first runner-up. Lupita Jones, Miss Mexico, is one of the Miss Universes who had it all wrapped up on the day of arrival. She was so passionate about her country. Her hair, jewelry and orange evening gown were stunning.

Author:
Katie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:29 08/07/17 Mon

[> [> Subject: In the final questions that year, I loved when Netherlands couldn't think of the word for "nature" and her father in the audience helped her and she thanked him. She was definitely an offbeat choice, but I have always been happy she did so well in the pageant.

Author:
Old timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:16 08/07/17 Mon

In the final questions that year, I loved when Netherlands couldn't think of the word for "nature" and her father in the audience helped her and she thanked him. She was definitely an offbeat choice, but I have always been happy she did so well in the pageant.

[> [> [> Subject: Any of the 3, but USSR & Netherlands were just lovely and for different reasons.

Author:
Anon-ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:26 08/09/17 Wed

[> Subject: MISS UNIVERSE 1994: Miss USA Lu Parker's jaw hitting the floor in shock when Colombia's Carolina Gomez is announced as the third and last Top 3 finalist.

Author:
Virginia Badler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:07 08/11/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.